Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  323 324 [325] 326 327   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/5/2013 12:40:06 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I hate that feeling. Done it more than once myself.

I think it's the combination of being angry with myself at how dumb my mistake was, and the fact that it affects others but doesn't really affect me, if you know what I mean. If I'd screwed myself over I'd be ok with that, but I hate that others have effectively been punished for my mistake.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9721
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/5/2013 1:01:33 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

I think it's the combination of being angry with myself at how dumb my mistake was, and the fact that it affects others but doesn't really affect me, if you know what I mean. If I'd screwed myself over I'd be ok with that, but I hate that others have effectively been punished for my mistake.

I think as long as you help rectify it in any way you can it should stop people thinking you're a total prick.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 9722
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/5/2013 1:05:34 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

quote:

I think as long as you help rectify it in any way you can it should stop people thinking you're a total prick.

I think that ship had sailed by the end of my first week.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9723
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/5/2013 1:10:47 PM   
Chief

Ah well, best just build on that then. Maybe you can suggest everyone comes in at weekends for some extra work?

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 9724
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/5/2013 1:26:34 PM   
superdan

quote:

Ah well, best just build on that then. Maybe you can suggest everyone comes in at weekends for some extra work?

I might watch Horrible Bosses for some inspiration. It could also act as a penance, kill two birds with one stone.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9725
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/5/2013 1:32:51 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

I might watch Horrible Bosses for some inspiration. It could also act as a penance, kill two birds with one stone.

Forward over the parts of Jennifer Aniston talking durty for full penance.

This mistake. Is it like the bit in Naked Gun where Frank Drebin is kicked out the force and is clearing out his stuff?

Frank: Hey! The missing evidence in the Kelner case! My God, he really was innocent!
Ed: He went to the chair two years ago, Frank.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 9726
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/5/2013 1:41:05 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

This mistake. Is it like the bit in Naked Gun where Frank Drebin is kicked out the force and is clearing out his stuff?

Frank: Hey! The missing evidence in the Kelner case! My God, he really was innocent!

Not quite that bad, thankfully. But close. It's the worst kind of mistake a manager can make - one that hits staff in the wallet

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 9727
RE: I am pissed off because... - 28/5/2013 1:55:01 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not quite that bad, thankfully. But close. It's the worst kind of mistake a manager can make - one that hits staff in the wallet

Did you choose not to force NZ to follow on and now its fekking gonna rain all day and we are going to draw a test that should have been won two days ago?

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 9728
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/5/2013 11:30:06 AM   
Sway

Found out this morning that my Nan has cancer and has to go in for a major operation on Monday - very similar to what I had to get.

I'm obviously really upset and am really worried - the ops I went through were a really hard hit to take on my body, and I'm a relatively fit/healthy 28 year old. My Nan is old and frail - I can't begin to imagine how this is going to affect her body.

I'm just pissed off about it all. My poor mum - in the past 7 months she's had to spend two separate weeks visiting her daughter in hospital then nurse me back to health, and now she's going to see the same thing happen to her own mum.

At least with my situation if the cancer had spread they were going to do chemo and more surgery on me. Apparently if this op doesn't work for my Nan, nothing more can be done.

Seriously, fuck cancer. Too many people I know are being affected by it.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 9729
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/5/2013 11:41:41 AM   
matty_b

Very sorry to hear that, Sway.

Lots of good thoughts for your nan.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9730
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/5/2013 11:49:32 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Found out this morning that my Nan has cancer and has to go in for a major operation on Monday - very similar to what I had to get.

I'm obviously really upset and am really worried - the ops I went through were a really hard hit to take on my body, and I'm a relatively fit/healthy 28 year old. My Nan is old and frail - I can't begin to imagine how this is going to affect her body.

I'm just pissed off about it all. My poor mum - in the past 7 months she's had to spend two separate weeks visiting her daughter in hospital then nurse me back to health, and now she's going to see the same thing happen to her own mum.

At least with my situation if the cancer had spread they were going to do chemo and more surgery on me. Apparently if this op doesn't work for my Nan, nothing more can be done.

Seriously, fuck cancer. Too many people I know are being affected by it.

As someone who had their family affetced by Cancer, I wish nothing but the best for your Nan.

If Cancer was a person, I would reduce it to a heaving bloody pulp, the cunt.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9731
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/5/2013 11:50:38 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Sorry to hear that Sway.  Sending good thoughts to your Nan.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9732
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/5/2013 11:55:16 AM   
SadFace

Sorry to hear that, Sway. All the best wishes for your Nan.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 9733
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/5/2013 2:49:30 PM   
Sway

Thanks all. It's a hard knock.

I've got my first check up appointment on Wednesday - they're every 3 months for the first year or so, then every 6 months until 5 years has passed. Just to make sure no cancer re-appears in my body.

And so instead of going home after my appointment, I'll be heading back up to the ward I stayed in twice, to see my poor Nan. It's going to be really hard seeing her, knowing exactly what she's going through and not being able to do anything for her.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 9734
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/5/2013 7:00:50 PM   
Hood_Man

I just can't be bothered trying at work any more, nothing I do seems to be good enough.

[EDIT]

Aww crap, just scrolled up, Sway

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 29/5/2013 7:25:58 PM >

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9735
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/5/2013 7:39:54 PM   
Darth Marenghi

Just seen the news about your Nan, Sway- really sorry to hear that.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9736
RE: I am pissed off because... - 31/5/2013 5:24:26 PM   
Sway

Thanks chaps. I appreciate everyone's kind words.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 9737
RE: I am pissed off because... - 31/5/2013 5:28:12 PM   
elab49

I'm so sorry to hear that. It must be really horrible for you swivelling between finally putting it behind you, but being dragged back knowing you understand what your gran's going through better than anyone.

I hope she comes through it as successfully as you are.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9738
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/6/2013 11:06:37 PM   
Ghidorah

While ago I was upset because a friend at work was using me as an emotional affair. I really do like her, I have bonded with her but she keeping me on side while focusing on her primary relationship. It really did hurt me and I ended the friendship.

A month later and I'm emotionally in a mess. My mood swing from being unhappy, to angry to not caring. To help with my problems I bought a book on emotional affairs and it does help me with my problems. It explain why they start, how they develope and the best way to sort out the situation. The problem was my situation is not well covered and now the book gone into saving the marriage.

Recently I had been looking at a forum and had a section for the third party in an affair. So I been reading it from time to time and decided to join up. I started a topic and put a very rough back story of how the woman and I became friends. A brief summary of how our friendship developed and why I ended the friendship. I asked them the chances of her wanting to make amends. What I got instead was emotionally scared posters jumping to conclusions and not helping at all.

Her racist twat of a boyfriend who tried to hit me? According to one poster it's all in my head.

I'm getting married soon and this woman is effecting my children

She using me. Yes she is.

My opinion on controlling women is not my business.

Being an supportive friend is wrong

She's a whore

She destroying my relationship

She not your friend

She doesn't care about you Yeah that why she is respecting me and keeping her distance from me.

There is some good advice but a lot of posters are emotionally scared from their own experiences. Yes affairs etc are horrible but fuck sake can these people fucking misjudge.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9739
RE: I am pissed off because... - 5/6/2013 5:12:17 PM   
Rebenectomy

Pissed off and sad after talking to another mother at the nursery school today. She's from Poland originally and has noticed a huge increase in racist and xenophobic behaviour recently, culminating today in an outburst at her Mother and Toddler group by someone involved in the running of the group. Really angry that this attitude a) exists in the first place b) that it's on the increase c) that anyone would think it's in any way appropriate to voice such bigoted views at a children's play group, where there are impressionable kids about and parents who are essentially looking for some support and friendship.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9740
RE: I am pissed off because... - 5/6/2013 6:45:11 PM   
matty_b

The story about that four-year-old boy in Birmingham being starved to death by his parents. I won't go into the details because it's far too upsetting, but some people just make me wonder if humanity is worth preserving anymore.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 9741
RE: I am pissed off because... - 5/6/2013 10:05:22 PM   
Hood_Man

Jesus Christ this fucking forum and it's fucking Timed Out message fuck

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9742
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/6/2013 2:04:16 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

message fuck

Is this in any way related to lamb fuck?

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9743
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/6/2013 2:14:57 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Jesus Christ this fucking forum and it's fucking Timed Out message fuck

This is why I copy everything before clicking on submit.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9744
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/6/2013 3:08:37 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

message fuck

Is this in any way related to lamb fuck?

I don't get it.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9745
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/6/2013 4:03:14 PM   
impqueen

You would think being ignored for a year (if not more) you’d get the message. Alas it appears not, your monthly text has arrived. Please fuck off.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9746
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/6/2013 4:08:53 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

You would think being ignored for a year (if not more) you’d get the message. Alas it appears not, your monthly text has arrived. Please fuck off.

Rawlinson's getting creepy again? What a dick.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 9747
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/6/2013 4:14:17 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

She said monthly. I check in at least once a day.

Hope you're ok, Imp'.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 9748
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/6/2013 4:18:30 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hope you're ok, Imp'.

Thinks about a time of the month joke, then quietly moves on

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 9749
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/6/2013 5:59:26 PM   
impqueen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hope you're ok, Imp'.

I'm fine, it's more irritating than anything. I'd change my number but it's only one person and I take pleasure in him wasting those pence.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hope you're ok, Imp'.

Thinks about a time of the month joke, then quietly moves on

Yes, always.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 9750
Page:   <<   < prev  323 324 [325] 326 327   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  323 324 [325] 326 327   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI