Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  322 323 [324] 325 326   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/5/2013 8:52:15 AM   
sanchia

It does sound exactly like the corporate mentality. Sorry to hear that you are in such a situation and hopefully things work out ok for you.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 9691
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/5/2013 10:39:50 PM   
Mister Coe

Cheers, guys. And now for something far more trivial, but raised my blood pressure even further...

I needed to go to Manchester today... now, I know it was a big day for the Man U folks, what with Fergusons last day and the last game of the season and my hometown station was swarming with people in red.

There was one train every hour... so what did the train company do? Sent in a pissy little two-carriage train that was already jam-packed with nobody getting off and then tried to jam another hundred or so people onto it, most of them already-drunk football fans. no chance of getting on... and the same story for the next train, equally tiny, one hour later. I finally managed to get into Manchester three hours late.

Seriously, do these idiots have any idea what is going on in the outside world? And shouldn't they plan accordingly?

Say what now?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9692
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/5/2013 11:13:31 PM   
kumar

I have three big droplets of oil from food on my light brown leather shoes. Fucking gutted because of the sheer carelessness of someone in my family - it was all over the counter too. Barely three weeks old. Mum put a bit of fairy liquid on them and now they are sitting in my room with some talcum powder on them..... i really like these shoes :(

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9693
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/5/2013 7:14:08 AM   
sanchia

http://www.ehow.com/how_4897440_remove-oil-leather-shoes.html

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 9694
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/5/2013 5:24:29 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

http://www.ehow.com/how_4897440_remove-oil-leather-shoes.html

On account of your avatar more than anything, I will now and forever more picture you as a Consumer Advice Cowboy, trotting through the desert on horseback, giving people tips on how to improve their daily lives in small ways.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9695
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/5/2013 6:27:22 PM   
sanchia

Only on weekends and bank holidays.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9696
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/5/2013 7:44:30 PM   
Valanya

I was supposed to have an interview for a teaching job I desperately want tomorrow, but at 5:30pm I had a phone call to say that all but me and one other applicant had dropped out, so now they're re-advertising for the post. I'm still shortlisted so will automatically be interviewed, which is a small mercy, but the new interview date isn't for another three weeks. I really wanted to have all the waiting be over tomorrow, one way or the other, and now it's all going to drag out again. Gutted.

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9697
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/5/2013 5:45:17 PM   
Harley Quinn

MR HQ is just doing my head in. I'm really really run down at the moment I look so exhausted I've got two black eyes. So doing anything is a struggle. I've cooked a meal tonight timed it for roughly ten minutes after he gets home so we can eat tidy up and I don't have to worry about anything else for the rest of the night. Fifteen minutes before his due to walk through the door he rings me and tells me his only just left work so dinner is going to be fucked and he's annoyed with me because I'm pissed off. Well if he hadn't of let his boss bully him into doing unpaid overtime or text me to tell me he was working a bit late I wouldn't be annoyed.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 9698
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/5/2013 11:13:51 AM   
sharkboy

I've been trying to get tickets to the Game of Thrones Exhibition over here next month. I've no idea what level of interest they thought that the only GoT exhibition in the UK would have, but their ticket servers are seriously inadequate. On about a dozen occasions I've managed to get onto the booking page, picked my date and time, only for the details page to come up with another random date and time. On the one occasion it did present the date and time that I'd selected, the booking crashed mid-page. No point phoning the booking office as its either engaged or you get immediately redirected to a voice message telling you to ring later

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 9699
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/5/2013 11:21:09 AM   
elab49

I'd never even heard of this exhibition till people on my Twitter feed started swearing about it this morning

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 9700
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/5/2013 11:47:13 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

I've been trying to get tickets to the Game of Thrones Exhibition over here next month. I've no idea what level of interest they thought that the only GoT exhibition in the UK would have, but their ticket servers are seriously inadequate. On about a dozen occasions I've managed to get onto the booking page, picked my date and time, only for the details page to come up with another random date and time. On the one occasion it did present the date and time that I'd selected, the booking crashed mid-page. No point phoning the booking office as its either engaged or you get immediately redirected to a voice message telling you to ring later

I was trying as well and got the same as you.  I noticed as well that it states only two tickets per person so the likelihood of me getting tickets at the same day and time as you is remote

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 9701
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/5/2013 12:05:37 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

I was trying as well and got the same as you. I noticed as well that it states only two tickets per person so the likelihood of me getting tickets at the same day and time as you is remote

And me. Frustrating.

The option to book has disappeared from the site now. Maybe they're fixing it. Or maybe they're on lunch.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 9702
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/5/2013 3:16:25 PM   
sharkboy

jc, I finally got all the way through but when I checked the confirmation email they'd allocated a completely different day and time to the ones I'd requested. I've emailed them to see if they will change it but as there's no time slots remaining for the day I was looking for, it's unlikely this will happen. If they can't swap dates to one that suits, I'll have 2 tickets for the 6PM tour on Thursday 13th that you can have if you don't get sorted yourself.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9703
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/5/2013 3:26:31 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

jc, I finally got all the way through but when I checked the confirmation email they'd allocated a completely different day and time to the ones I'd requested. I've emailed them to see if they will change it but as there's no time slots remaining for the day I was looking for, it's unlikely this will happen. If they can't swap dates to one that suits, I'll have 2 tickets for the 6PM tour on Thursday 13th that you can have if you don't get sorted yourself.

What a complete joke!!

I got all the way through to the Pay Now page  and when I hit Pay Now it came up saying "due to heavy demand blah blah blah and crashed"

quote:

ORIGINAL: Valanya

I was supposed to have an interview for a teaching job I desperately want tomorrow, but at 5:30pm I had a phone call to say that all but me and one other applicant had dropped out, so now they're re-advertising for the post. I'm still shortlisted so will automatically be interviewed, which is a small mercy, but the new interview date isn't for another three weeks. I really wanted to have all the waiting be over tomorrow, one way or the other, and now it's all going to drag out again. Gutted.

What would have been better would have been to interview the two of you as arranged in case one of you was perfect for the job.  That way it would save them having to re-advertise and waste everyone's time.  Bit insulting to you if you ask me. 

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 9704
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/5/2013 3:57:50 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

I got through there on the phone about half an hour ago and got two tickets for Friday at 2. I think they're less busy now so worth a try. I was on hold for maybe 2 minutes. (Can we give out phone numbers on here?)

Cheers though.

quote:

What a complete joke!!

I got all the way through to the Pay Now page and when I hit Pay Now it came up saying "due to heavy demand blah blah blah and crashed"

Yeah, that happened to mine about half a dozen times. I've probably booked 12 tickets.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 9705
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/5/2013 10:16:08 PM   
Valanya

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Valanya

What would have been better would have been to interview the two of you as arranged in case one of you was perfect for the job. That way it would save them having to re-advertise and waste everyone's time. Bit insulting to you if you ask me.

I do understand why they've done it in a way... but I do sort of think why couldn't they have interviewed us, and then if neither of us was right THEN re-advertise it? Considering that the interview was supposed to be yesterday and the advert hasn't even gone up yet... I'm mostly annoyed that now I need to seriously get on with looking at other jobs, but this has come at a time when hardly anyone in a commutable distance seems to be advertising for jobs in the age range I want. Arrgh! As if I needed more stress in my life!

Post #: 9706
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/5/2013 4:43:06 PM   
paulyboy

Fucking car is broken again, bloody diesels.

I chopped in a silly sports car about 2 years ago for a sensible diesel (2007 Mondeo TDCi) for the purposes of saving money, over 3k a year by my reckoning with tax and insurance.

Here we are now and it's cost me nearly that in repairs so far. Yes diesels save you money on fuel, but they cost a fucking bomb when they go bang. Turbo's, Injectors and Fuel Pumps seem to be the main favourites so far, my girlfriend's MK5 Golf TDi has given us similar shit also.

Fortunately the house is now bought and we move in next week, after that first balloon mortgage payment the Mondeo is out of here and something petrol and Japanese is replacing it, I've had enough!

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 9707
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/5/2013 9:01:53 AM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

I got through there on the phone about half an hour ago and got two tickets for Friday at 2. I think they're less busy now so worth a try. I was on hold for maybe 2 minutes. (Can we give out phone numbers on here?)

Cheers though.

quote:

What a complete joke!!

I got all the way through to the Pay Now page and when I hit Pay Now it came up saying "due to heavy demand blah blah blah and crashed"

Yeah, that happened to mine about half a dozen times. I've probably booked 12 tickets.

Did you guys get sorted then? Deamoncleaner said his arrived in the post the other day. I had similar troubles online and decided to go back at a later date, only to see a message saying all tickets had been allocated

I'm pretty annoyed as there's not much recently in Belfast that I've been interested in going to, especially being preggers which rules out a whole load of adult activity. Maritime festival this weekend, which I might try and get the kids too, but only if the weather holds.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9708
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/5/2013 9:43:33 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Yep, going on Sat 15th June, thanks to the star that is Sharky!

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 9709
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/5/2013 10:32:02 PM   
Shifty Bench

Aaaagh, noisy next door neighbours and their fucking music. Fucking council and their fucking temporary accommodation flats.

*pops anxiety pill*

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 9710
RE: I am pissed off because... - 23/5/2013 7:30:16 PM   
Valanya

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

Fucking car is broken again, bloody diesels.

I chopped in a silly sports car about 2 years ago for a sensible diesel (2007 Mondeo TDCi) for the purposes of saving money, over 3k a year by my reckoning with tax and insurance.

Here we are now and it's cost me nearly that in repairs so far. Yes diesels save you money on fuel, but they cost a fucking bomb when they go bang. Turbo's, Injectors and Fuel Pumps seem to be the main favourites so far, my girlfriend's MK5 Golf TDi has given us similar shit also.

Fortunately the house is now bought and we move in next week, after that first balloon mortgage payment the Mondeo is out of here and something petrol and Japanese is replacing it, I've had enough!

I know the feeling (though in fairness, our cars are considerable older.) At the moment, it's a toss up between which car is more broken. The Clio with the power steering that doesn't work? Or the Hyundai which sometimes doesn't start and which has started flashing warning lights seemingly at random? I'm definitely paying more in car repairs per month than payments on a new car.

In other news, I found out today that the job at my placement school (the one who postponed my interview) is now definitely going to be for Foundation stage. If it had happened when it was supposed to, the successful person would have been placed in a year group based on their strengths and preferences, but because of the delay they've had to go ahead and restructure the school beforehand. It would be ok, except that Foundation is the year that I'm least qualified to teach, and now I'll frankly be amazed if I even get through to the final stage of interview

< Message edited by Valanya -- 23/5/2013 7:34:43 PM >

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 9711
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/5/2013 12:17:11 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

Did you guys get sorted then? Deamoncleaner said his arrived in the post the other day. I had similar troubles online and decided to go back at a later date, only to see a message saying all tickets had been allocated

I'm pretty annoyed as there's not much recently in Belfast that I've been interested in going to, especially being preggers which rules out a whole load of adult activity. Maritime festival this weekend, which I might try and get the kids too, but only if the weather holds.

Hopefully sorted, yeah. I haven't got my tickets in the post yet but I did get a confirmation e-mail.

However, if any/all of my other attempts at ticket buying somehow went through and I get more tickets, you're more than welcome to them.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 9712
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/5/2013 4:40:58 PM   
MonsterCat

120 for a new HD for the laptop.

Bitch!

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9713
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/5/2013 1:25:07 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Started a conversation about politics with someone I used to class as a best mate which ended up in a nose to nose stand off, which only fell short of a rumble due to outside influences. He actually threatened violence by the end which seriously would not have ended well for him. I seriously could have put him in traction in 10 seconds flat but I'm really, really glad I didn't have to despite his best efforts of winding me up.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 9714
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/5/2013 11:32:10 PM   
Ghidorah

I'm going to be investigated again because I was 'involved' in an accident at work. It wasn't my fault but I couldn't give a fuck if work decides to let me go. It just the final spat in my face and no longer want to support a company who happily cover their own asses but happily enough to fuck over their own people.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9715
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/5/2013 9:24:15 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Started a conversation about politics with someone I used to class as a best mate which ended up in a nose to nose stand off, which only fell short of a rumble due to outside influences. He actually threatened violence by the end which seriously would not have ended well for him. I seriously could have put him in traction in 10 seconds flat but I'm really, really glad I didn't have to despite his best efforts of winding me up.

Politics has been the end of many a friendship and relationship. Sorry to read that it may have taken another victim.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9716
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/5/2013 11:06:00 AM   
matty_b

Those slags at Lovefilm not updating my rental list because it's a bank holiday.

Probably the biggest first world problem I've ever had.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9717
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/5/2013 11:44:30 AM   
elab49

Wait till you see Outlook android app - then it'll be that.

Dreadful ill-defined colours, have to hit more buttons to swap between accounts. All round mess. I want Hotmail back

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9718
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/5/2013 12:18:34 PM   
superdan

I'm pissed off because I've made a mistake at new work that is 5% down to the daft way they do things here and 95% down to my staggering stupidity. I can usually own my mistakes just fine, but this one has had some quite inconvenient repercussions for a couple of members of my team and I feel absolutely dreadful about it. When I realised what I'd done and the magnitude of how moronic I'd been I literally felt sick to my stomach

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9719
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/5/2013 12:20:42 PM   
elab49

I hate that feeling. Done it more than once myself.

quote:

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 9720
Page:   <<   < prev  322 323 [324] 325 326   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  322 323 [324] 325 326   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI