Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  321 322 [323] 324 325   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/5/2013 2:54:14 PM   
Qwerty Norris

My football team are only charging £5 for today's league match.

I have £3.56 in my bank account.

Thank Christ my underemployed spell ends this Monday.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 9661
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/5/2013 5:58:34 PM   
matty_b

Technology.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 9662
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/5/2013 6:02:07 PM   
sanchia

I have a cold. Already the sneezing and coughing is starting to get my back problem riled up.

I have worked out that if I stand like a dog cocking its leg the pain is lessened when I sneeze. I may live with the pain if I need to sneeze when at work or outside of the house.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9663
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/5/2013 12:12:44 PM   
jcthefirst

I wrote this: http://www.followingthenerd.com/ftn_news/ftn-feature-nerd-and-proud-a-look-at-nerdism-in-popular-culture/ and ever since have been involved in an argument with a chum on the merits of comics. His stubbornness is doing my nut in.

His are the bold italicized ones.

Just read most of your nerd blog thing. How dare you use me as a negative example! (Panic not, I'm not actually annoyed. If you weren't such a word basically, I'd have just said lol or haha to save me writting this)
There is a big difference between a book and a comic. Most people need pictures when reading and would rather use their imagination. I just dont believe there is the same amount of detail in a comic.
Discuss.
PS. Nerds should know calling it a graphic novel doesn't improve things.

Haha, most of it. It's only a thousand words, could you not have read all of it?

Of course there's a big difference between a book and a comic, but I honestly believe that comics are just as sophisticated as a lot of books. Yes, you have your superhero stuff and they're all well and good for what they are, but you also have properly adult comics like Y: The Last Man (which you'd probably like. Maybe) or the aforementioned V for Vendetta (and I used you as my example because it sort of illustrated my point beautifully). And I feel that they're the closest print medium you'll find to films or TV, solely because of the art. Does you argument against them boil down to 'they've got pictures and are therefore for kids?'

I hate the 'graphic novel' tag myself. It's an attempt to make them sound more acceptable when they should just let the stories themselves do that.

No the argument against them is that to have pictures takes away from the point of a book, being able to use your imagination. In the same way I tend to not like paintings, I dont like most drawings, I far prefer photographs.
I also strongly hate the nerd aspect of it, the whole 1st edition mint untouched unopened owned by some random unknown comic is somehow interesting (I hate this about almost anything) and then nerds wanking each other off discussing the possibilities of what would happen if Superman fought iron man. I think I'll find in comic 12 limited run in Japan says Superman is stronger than steel. WHO FUCKING CARES!
I do think everyone is welcome to do as they please as long as it doesn't affect me, people just shouldn't be surprised if I look in derission at them reading something that I assosiate with children. In the same way I'd look down at a 30 year old playing with a yo-yo in public somewhere. I'm sure its fun, but primarily for children.

To the first bit, why not read a screenplay then instead of watch a film? A bit of a facetious argument but it sort of compares. To have the action happening on screen surely also takes away from using your imagination?

To the second, I don't really think this is strictly a comic thing; 1st editions and all that. As you say, you'll find it in any collectible arena. Oh, and Superman would win. He's a superpowered alien, Iron Man is just a man in a suit. And that argument doesn't happen as often as you'd think. Or ever, really.

To the third…well, that's your opinion. I disagree vehemently, but I'm not going to change what you think, but can you tell me why you read the novelisation, presumably after seeing (and liking) the film, and liked the novelisation if the thing it was based on was readily available. Why was it preferable, other than your dislike for the original medium in which it was released? And why, given that the subject matter of V for Vendetta is definitely not for children would you chastise someone for reading the comic of it?

No, I read v for vendetta before seeing the film and read it without realizing it was a novelisation as it wasn't on the file I downloaded. A mistake I know you wont forgive. It was far better than the film due to the amount of detail in it, detail I am confident couldn't be fitted in to a comic.
I watch films as I like photography. You may not have got it from my last email as I didn't include a drawing to depict what I was saying, but I prefer photography to drawings/paintings etc. Plus films have the inclusion of facial expressions etc that can add to the story (or take away from it if Tom cruise is in it).
Screen plays again don't include the detail a novel can, but some people enjoy reading screenplays, Shakespeare has been reasonably popular. I actually don't particularly enjoy reading screenplays, not sure why exactly.

Oh, we're doing that, are we? Being a dick.

I can read books that don't have pictures, I just don't dismiss comics as inferior due to some bizarre notion that they're on the same intellectual level as the Beano or the Dandy, which is likely what you're comparing them to.

So, let me get this right, films are great because of the pretty pictures they paint, and the nuance? And books are great because you use your imagination more? Yet comics, in which you do actually need to use your imagination (which you'd know if you read one that wasn't the Beano or the Dandy that you read when you were 8) and which paint pretty pictures for you, are childish? Gotcha.

[Also, I've read V in comic form, and while the novelisation might explain the dystopia for pages and pages, the artwork gives you that information in just a few panels.]

And you still didn't say why someone reading the comic of V for Vendetta would be childish, whereas you reading the novelisation, wouldn't. Is it snobbery? Go on, you can admit it.

I didn't read comics as a child. I have never liked them. I felt reading 6 lines of text a page annoying.
The whole idea of comics is to tell simple stories to children so dont have a lot of text and pretty pictures to keep their attendion, much like Spot the dog books. I'd equally deride an adult for reading one of those, perhaps even more so.
I'm sure there are now comics aimed at adults but I don't see the point when adult should be capable of reading a novel.
I guess the really counter argument to me which you have so far missed is cartoons. I love south park and archer but I can understand why someone would see it as childish. In actuality while there are adult themes they really are for a younger audience than us now. I certainly wouldn't make an argument defending cartoons and I admit I just find them funny sometimes. Would be far better if it was live action though.
Look at me being all reasonable!

So it is snobbery then?

You see something that despite the adult plots and stories (like V) and adult humour (as in South Park and Archer) you deem it as childish because of the medium it's presented in? Because you 'don't like drawings?'

And the whole idea of comics is not simply to keep the attention of children through the use of drawings. The whole idea of comics is to tell a story (in more than six lines of text a page; an assertion that's as churlish as it is wrong) and have the artwork alongside to enhance it, and to be appreciated, although not by 'drawing hater' you. You will argue that the 'pictures' are not needed, which is fair enough, but since when is presenting the pictures inherently a bad thing? By your logic, a series of photographs with text underneath would be better than a comic.

And just because a person can read a novel doesn't mean there's no enjoyment to be had reading a comic. It's a different storytelling medium, but not an inferior one.

It is inferior due to how little information can be put across within one edition. In the same way semiphore is inferior to broadband internet as an information transfer system. They are different mediums through which to transfer information but one is clearly inferior.
And yes photographs with text below would be better than a comic, however still an inferior story telling medium to books.
As I've said before, each to their own. This is just my opinion. What is upsetting you is that it is shared by a lot of people, albeit more thought out than most. Luckily you dont care what people think!

Since when was the enjoyment in a book had with how much information is put across in as few pages as possible? Surely, it's the story told whether it's all contained in one book or several volumes (as is the case with comics) which you get the enjoyment from. For example, a television series is built on the same foundation as the continuing volume, like Lost; each episode ends on a cliffhanger (whether you're watching it week to week or all in one go is irrelevant). Does that make a TV series, which can go into far more depth than one 2 hour film, inferior?

I'm not trying to say one medium is better than the other, just that all mediums are equally valid storytelling devices. And just because one utilises techniques that are primarily associated with children (the 'drawings') doesn't make it any less valid. I don't care what people think, I care when they give opinions based purely on outdated notions of what comics are.

I guess comics will always be thought of as a thing for children as that's where the originated. Much like computer games. I am rightly embarrassed by being an occassional gamer.
TV shows are generally an inferior medium to films for many reasons but mostly because they stretch a story that can told well in a film in to 140 episodes, each with almost no content and loads of filler. It would better if it used the story density of a film in every episode, that would be great.

So you could have told the whole story of Lost in a film then?

I think your problem with gaming is that you see yourself above it all, not in a snobby way (although there is a little of that), but rather in an 'I've outgrown this' way. I don't get why you should be embarrassed of being a gamer. It's another equally valid medium for storytelling, and it's fun. I'm never ashamed of things I enjoy playing, reading or doing.

Also, I don't believe comics or games were ever solely a thing for children. Just because you're introduced to something as a child, and enjoyed it then, doesn't mean it was necessarily for you at that age, and that you shouldn't enjoy it now.

The argument continues.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9664
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/5/2013 3:02:07 PM   
matty_b

quote:

TV shows are generally an inferior medium to films for many reasons but mostly because they stretch a story that can told well in a film in to 140 episodes, each with almost no content and loads of filler. It would better if it used the story density of a film in every episode, that would be great.

That's horseshit.

quote:

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9665
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/5/2013 3:18:30 PM   
paul_ie86

That's is actually amazing in how wrong it is.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9666
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/5/2013 3:40:00 PM   
jcthefirst

Thank you both.

I think he just dug himself a hole early on, and is trying to claw his way out with increasingly asinine points.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 9667
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/5/2013 5:50:29 PM   
sanchia

He has a bit of a cyclical, hypocritical argument going on there.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9668
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/5/2013 9:57:22 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

I do think everyone is welcome to do as they please as long as it doesn't affect me, people just shouldn't be surprised if I look in derission at them reading something that I assosiate with children. In the same way I'd look down at a 30 year old playing with a yo-yo in public somewhere. I'm sure its fun, but primarily for children.

Who put sand in his vagina?

Is this all copy and pasted, because if so, bwahahaha..... Way to undermine your own argument about looking down on somebody for reading something you deem childish when you can't even spell two basic words. Which I'm sure he should have picked up from his reading of adult level books.

quote:

Shakespeare has been reasonably popular.

What a tit.

quote:

The whole idea of comics is to tell simple stories to children so dont have a lot of text and pretty pictures to keep their attendion......

......... when adult should be capable of reading a novel.

quote:

And yes photographs with text below would be better than a comic,

Direct him to The Sun's problem pages.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9669
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/5/2013 10:14:17 PM   
superdan

I think his main problem is he's talking from a position of complete and utter ignorance. I'd have more respect for him if he just said he didn't like comics and left it at that, rather than tying himself in knots in a feeble attempt to justify a dumb opinion..

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9670
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/5/2013 10:20:38 PM   
Ghidorah

I don't want to sound like a sizzy over this emotional affair bullshit. The problem is I'm being used to prop up another relationship and it ain't fair on me. The problem is I don't know what I mean to her. Am I someone she fall back on or is she using me. So I decided to ask her out for a few drinks through social media. She told me she was away for that week and apologise. So it sound like to me this is a friendship with additional emotional affair attachment.
The next time I saw her she was trying to aviod me. She is uneasy with the advancement I had made through social media and been trying to distance herself from me. So it look like she is using me.

I originally don't want to do this but look like I need to confront her. I will admit to her the trip to pub for a few drinks was a ploy to she how she will act. I will point out she is using me as an emotional affair and she been using me since day one. I just leave it at that and walk away.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9671
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/5/2013 10:24:51 PM   
matty_b

Ghidorah, it's fine to vent about it on here - we all do it about various reason, and that, to me, sounds like a lot of shit she's putting you through.

My advice would be to steer the hell clear of her.

quote:

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9672
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/5/2013 10:25:57 PM   
Darth Marenghi

Kudos to JC for having the patience to deal with this abject fool. I certainly wouldn't!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9673
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/5/2013 10:43:58 PM   
MonsterCat

JC, send this dude Lost Girls by Alan Moore and see if he still thinks comics are just for kids.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 9674
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/5/2013 7:04:49 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Or 1980 issues of Jackie or whatever those girlie comics were called it sounds like it may be his thing.

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

JC, send this dude Lost Girls by Alan Moore and see if he still thinks comics are just for kids.

Or From Hell. That is a jolly childlike romp.

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Ghidorah, it's fine to vent about it on here - we all do it about various reason, and that, to me, sounds like a lot of shit she's putting you through.

I would reiterate this. It is obvious that the whole thing is painful for you and you are just getting frustrated and hurt by it. It is probably best to be civil but to go your own way as the situation is not changing and does not look like it will.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 8/5/2013 7:12:12 AM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9675
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/5/2013 12:08:37 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

Excellent point.

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I think his main problem is he's talking from a position of complete and utter ignorance. I'd have more respect for him if he just said he didn't like comics and left it at that, rather than tying himself in knots in a feeble attempt to justify a dumb opinion..

Exactly!

He is a mate, and I know he's a stubborn obstinate knob (as is his dad), but this takes the biscuit. As you say, if he doesn't like them, fair enough, but ugh...just....ugh...

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9676
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/5/2013 4:54:54 PM   
Sway

quote:

He is a mate, and I know he's a stubborn obstinate knob (as is his dad), but this takes the biscuit. As you say, if he doesn't like them, fair enough, but ugh...just....ugh...

I read this shortly before having a nap this afternoon, and for some reason it obviously got stuck in my head because I ended up dreaming that your mate was superdan and you were using this as an opportunity to get everyone to rip him to bits publicly, so he'd see all our comments and criticisms!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9677
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/5/2013 5:26:53 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

It doesn't work in the workplace. Emotional affairs creates strong emotional attachments to each other. It's a part time relationship and often very healthy. Both parties need to agree to end the EA or otherwise it will fail. Going cold turkey on an emotional affair is emotionally painful and the other party could sabotage it by trying to be friends again. That basically happened to me and all it resulted is a strained emotional affair. However during my cold turkey attempt it did fracture her relationship and cause them to split for a while.

I do think the best option is to confront her on the issue. End of the day she is the one cheating on her boyfriend. She need to be aware of her problems and she need to decide how to proceed. If she doesn't act then I will take the matter in my own hands.

Here some related materials.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/marriage-life-partnerships/infidelity/299629-ending-emotional-affair

LOL
http://talkaboutmarriage.com/coping-infidelity/32968-painful-end-emotional-affair.html

< Message edited by Ghidorah -- 8/5/2013 5:28:58 PM >

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9678
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/5/2013 10:43:09 AM   
steffols

Saturday. The waste pipe underneath the bath breaks. Causing our bathroom to flood and downstairs neighbours kitchen ceiling to get soaked. Phoned letting agency as a matter of emergency. Fortunately, downstairs neighbours partner works for the owner of the building so he managed to fix it by Sunday. Only now we have no side panel on the bath. Letting agency finally responded to our emergency call on Monday morning. Good job there boys.

Wednesday. I need a clean shirt for work but they are all out the washing. Was going to put the heating on for 20 minutes to take the edge off. Heating isn't working. Tried everything I know but had to phone letting agency. This was around 12pm. They told us they would let the boiler engineer know and he would get back to us. 5.30pm he calls and tells us he'll be around in an hour and a half. Looks at boiler, says it needs a new part, is going to come back Friday.

Thursday. Go to do some washing up. Water isn't heating up. Whatever he has done to the boiler, it now won't heat up our water. Call letting ageny, says they will let him know. I'm not sure if that means another 5 hour wait for him to call us back.

Living without the heating was fine. I could more than cope with that at this time of year. But we kinda need hot water. I'm a bit furious and only a little bit close to tears.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9679
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/5/2013 1:28:04 PM   
Chief

What the fuck is an emotional affair? Is it like a normal one but without the sex? Sounds like a bit of a raw deal to me, get that knocked on the head.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 9680
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/5/2013 1:46:35 PM   
chewbacasnapsak

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

What the fuck is an emotional affair? Is it like a normal one but without the sex? Sounds like a bit of a raw deal to me, get that knocked on the head.

Stalking

"who'd pay a million dollars to have me killed"
"jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors...the list is endless"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9681
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/5/2013 4:13:17 PM   
Scruffybobby

I have Virign ADSL Broadband via a BT line. About a month back they sent me an email saying that they would be doing maintenance today and it might mean a loss of service for up to 4 hours (in "rare" cases) and that it might also mean a loss of phone service. At 3am the phone line goes down (as announced by box that connects to the council careline - more of that to follow)the and has been off since. BT can't find the problem and say they can't get out for 30 hours (as of 1 pm and that's an "emergency") and Virign deny any knowledge of an issue.

It wouldn't be that bad but my Mum's at home and is disabled and her panic button won't work if she takes a tumble so they phone line really is essential.  I doubt anyhting will happen but if it is it's bound to fucking happen when there's no way for her to get help.

Fucking raging!!!!

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to chewbacasnapsak)
Post #: 9682
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/5/2013 7:08:26 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

Saturday. The waste pipe underneath the bath breaks. Causing our bathroom to flood and downstairs neighbours kitchen ceiling to get soaked. Phoned letting agency as a matter of emergency. Fortunately, downstairs neighbours partner works for the owner of the building so he managed to fix it by Sunday. Only now we have no side panel on the bath. Letting agency finally responded to our emergency call on Monday morning. Good job there boys.

Wednesday. I need a clean shirt for work but they are all out the washing. Was going to put the heating on for 20 minutes to take the edge off. Heating isn't working. Tried everything I know but had to phone letting agency. This was around 12pm. They told us they would let the boiler engineer know and he would get back to us. 5.30pm he calls and tells us he'll be around in an hour and a half. Looks at boiler, says it needs a new part, is going to come back Friday.

Thursday. Go to do some washing up. Water isn't heating up. Whatever he has done to the boiler, it now won't heat up our water. Call letting ageny, says they will let him know. I'm not sure if that means another 5 hour wait for him to call us back.

Living without the heating was fine. I could more than cope with that at this time of year. But we kinda need hot water. I'm a bit furious and only a little bit close to tears.

If only Craig David had had the week you've had.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9683
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/5/2013 7:57:21 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

A phsyical affair is simply just sex outside the relationship or marriage. An emotional affair which many consider more damaging and threatening to the relationship, is when the person's emotional requirement in the relationship isn't met. They( if straight) then meet someone of the oposite sex and forms an emotional bond greater than their partner.

The new emotional friend could either be:

A friend or a new friend which they get along very well and the cheater emotionally open up to them.

or in my case. They go looking for a canidate for their emotional needs and befriend them.

Afterward the cheater's emotional affair draw emotional energy away from the real relationship into this part time relationship. The cheater's emotional needs are met while the emotional friend who draw their emotions from their current relationship or if single too emotionally drained to look for a full time relationship. However sexual tensions can rise and this can leads to a passionate phsyical affair.

Today I sent her a message, telling her all contact need to stop and why. So it back to going cold turkey AGAIN but I wonder how well she will cope and what she might do about it? End of the day I message my concerns and fingers cross the emotional affair will end.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9684
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/5/2013 9:39:00 PM   
elab49

That definition of an emotional affairs sounds like someone looking for a friend and the other side wanting something more, rather than the friend looking person being the bad guy. Plenty of women (and men) have friends outside relationships, good friends they can open up to and confide in.

Unless she's actually flirting or looking for a relationship (ie actually cheating), - is that what this means?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9685
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/5/2013 12:39:10 AM   
Hood_Man

Ugh, what is it about being on the internet that causes people to become such patronising, insecure dicks? All I did was ask someone a question regarding what they'd advised with my CV and they throw a strop

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9686
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/5/2013 4:53:21 PM   
Valanya

The car is broken again, which currently leaves us with two broken cars and no way for one of us to get to work on Monday. Literally no idea what to do.

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9687
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/5/2013 10:01:14 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

That definition of an emotional affairs sounds like someone looking for a friend and the other side wanting something more, rather than the friend looking person being the bad guy. Plenty of women (and men) have friends outside relationships, good friends they can open up to and confide in.

Unless she's actually flirting or looking for a relationship (ie actually cheating), - is that what this means?

The problem is there isn't many good internet articles on emotional affairs. Most are half ass articles simply designed for increase viewing of the webpage. Most never goes into depth or talk about the real problem. It's better refering to Loveshack forum or talkaboutmarriage? On those forums members discuss more in details and give good examples of what they are experiencing. Better than bulletpoints and little information on the cause.

If Physical affair is sex outside a non open relationship. Emotional affair is someone using someone else for their emotional needs and keeping it a SECRET from their partner. What you referred to near the top sounds like a platonic relationship. Good friends of opposite sex, able to bypass sexual desires most of the time and learn from each other gender.

Sadly the matter is now worst because it wasn't a clean break. I won't be posting anymore on the subject. So it back to why are people talking on their phone, while driving in their car in a middle of a car park?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9688
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/5/2013 10:49:12 PM   
Mister Coe

So, after months of having redundancy dates being forward and then backwards, confirmed and then changed, my workmates and I have a set-in-stone date for getting thrown out on the dole in the middle of a massive fuckng recession...

Fine... but now, when we're looking at what we can do next with our redundancy payments (mostly between four and five figures), for some reason, a lot of us are suddenly being dragged up on VERY minor incidents, the kind that could escalate into us getting sacked just before, I dunno, right before they have to pay you that big money.?

I have been doing my job for several years now, I've never had any problems before, but when I'm six weeks away from getting laid off, I'm suddenly unfit to do my job?

For the record, I work for the NHS.

So, so fucking angry right now.

Say what now?

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9689
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/5/2013 11:56:53 PM   
Valanya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

So, after months of having redundancy dates being forward and then backwards, confirmed and then changed, my workmates and I have a set-in-stone date for getting thrown out on the dole in the middle of a massive fuckng recession...

Fine... but now, when we're looking at what we can do next with our redundancy payments (mostly between four and five figures), for some reason, a lot of us are suddenly being dragged up on VERY minor incidents, the kind that could escalate into us getting sacked just before, I dunno, right before they have to pay you that big money.?

I have been doing my job for several years now, I've never had any problems before, but when I'm six weeks away from getting laid off, I'm suddenly unfit to do my job?

For the record, I work for the NHS.

So, so fucking angry right now.

Shit dude, hope things get better. Sounds about right these days: why give someone the crap situation of being made redundant when it's so easy to make it so much worse for them?!

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 9690
Page:   <<   < prev  321 322 [323] 324 325   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  321 322 [323] 324 325   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI