Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  320 321 [322] 323 324   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/4/2013 8:16:38 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I've been having problems with low blood sugar and had just assumed that's what the problem was before. The tests'll be back Wednesday - I wasn't told to take anything till then, except go to GP/A&E if I went weird again. I'm sure it'll be nothing too serious, it's just bloody sore just now - like a bad stitch on both sides.

Jings, results buddies on Wednesday then! Are you going to be at work tomorrow? I hope you're able to sit, if you are in work tomorrow.

Would maybe be best staying off until they get your results though?

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9631
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/4/2013 8:17:19 PM   
matty_b

Hope everything turns out OK, elab.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9632
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/4/2013 8:21:06 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

I've been having problems with low blood sugar and had just assumed that's what the problem was before. The tests'll be back Wednesday - I wasn't told to take anything till then, except go to GP/A&E if I went weird again. I'm sure it'll be nothing too serious, it's just bloody sore just now - like a bad stitch on both sides.

Jings, results buddies on Wednesday then! Are you going to be at work tomorrow? I hope you're able to sit, if you are in work tomorrow.

I can't - too much on. I was on my way to Edinburgh when I went weird today and couldn't get on the train, and that's enough missed for this week. But I can sit and the people in my office know I've had a few wibbly-wobbly episodes.

Cheers Matty

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9633
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/4/2013 9:52:42 PM   
Sway

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can't - too much on. I was on my way to Edinburgh when I went weird today and couldn't get on the train, and that's enough missed for this week. But I can sit and the people in my office know I've had a few wibbly-wobbly episodes.

Cheers Matty

This kind of thing is the only reason I'm glad to be in a job without responsibilities.

Well I hope you feel better tomorrow, don't push yourself though.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9634
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/4/2013 9:56:53 PM   
elab49

Right back atcha!

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9635
RE: I am pissed off because... - 23/4/2013 11:14:54 AM   
Hood_Man

Failed probation... another 3 months to "up my game." God knows what will happen after that, but at least I've got three months to plan the seemingly inevitable journey back home ( which if the last two months have been anything to go by, doesn't sound too bad).

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9636
RE: I am pissed off because... - 23/4/2013 4:01:14 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Failed probation... another 3 months to "up my game." God knows what will happen after that, but at least I've got three months to plan the seemingly inevitable journey back home ( which if the last two months have been anything to go by, doesn't sound too bad).

First time I faced redundancy, I was absolutely adamant I was not moving home. That would only happen if I had no other option. So I spent ten soul-destroying months on the dole and getting housing benefit.

Second time I faced cut hours and knew I'd either need to go back on benefits while trying to find a new job (when it had already taken me 10 months to get one the first time), or go back home. After my first experience, moving home seemed the more sensible option even if I really didn't want to go.

And turns out it wasn't that bad as I thought it would be. And the new friends I made at my new workplaces since moving home have been some of the most interesting people I've ever met.

Hang on in there, and if worst comes to worst and you have to move home - it might actually be a whole new and great experience for you.

(I should add that I moved out of the parental home about a year after returning and currently live in the neighbouring city).

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9637
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/4/2013 8:16:05 PM   
Ghidorah

My day out tomorrow was canned thanks to my useless manager. It's bad enough he's pretty much useless and most likely the weakest link on our team. However it doesn't give him the right to not co operate and ignore our advice/experience. Most of the key members on our team are better than he is.

I had to sort out my manager's mess when he gave me overtime which wasn't allowed. I had to loss hours and created a plan to meet the objectives in strict working conditions. On the final day of these working restrictions I was told I wasn't meant to be in. I told him on three seperate ocassions what my plan was and I would be in today. What I got instead was a bunch of lies and he expect me in tomorrow. I was so pissed I felt like I'm not turning up tomorrow. Fuck my targets tomorrow.

I just find it utter bullshit he fucked up and I had to pick up the pieces. However he doesn't like my idea when actual fact he doesn't do a great deal of work. He just disappear half the time and do the simpler tasks.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9638
RE: I am pissed off because... - 25/4/2013 7:10:04 AM   
sanchia

I think I may be getting another cold and considering that the last one almost crippled me by setting of my back problem (which is still playing up now) I am somewhat trepidatious.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9639
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/4/2013 8:00:56 PM   
Ghidorah

Tensions between myself and my manager are getting worse AGAIN! I just want to throw a bloody fit at him for being unreliable and taking the piss. He's so fucking useless it's unbelievable. I just can't understand how he was able to achieve manager status with the lack of work he does. When does he something, normally he doesn't do it right and just make a bigger mess.
A friend who fell out of him and moved to a different department. She has a different thoery about his behaviour and believe he's doing it on purpose. I was always under the impression he is incompetent but I do know a fact he lies a lot.

It just reach the stage again I want to do a Christain Bale rant at him. Today he had the cheek of saying I'm not working hard enough. Hello I do more work in one day then you do in a whole fucking week. I also had to do someone elses work without any help and have to cope with less hours this week thanks to him. Also he does his disappearing act because he is so lazy he doesn't want to be seen being limbo.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9640
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/4/2013 12:25:59 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Train I catch to pick my children up was delayed by 14 minutes. That was fine. I had left 20 minutes between train to pick my children up, and the train we catch back again. The delay changes to 12 minutes, and then to 10 minutes, and then to 12 minutes. At this point they announce that, helpfully, to save time, the train when it arrives will power through two stops, including mine, and go right to its destination.

WHAT?!

How does that even work!?

We had to change platforms and get a completely different train, hoping that there was another train back that meant I didn't have to wait for ages, and god help them if they asked for a ticket and tried to charge me twice... (They didn't, as it happens.)

However, in getting frustrated at having to change platforms and trains ... [continued in the What Made You Smile thread...]

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9641
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/4/2013 11:09:39 PM   
Sway

Ugh. Just.... ugh.

Can't be bothered explaining, so apologies for the 'vaguebooking', but .....ugh.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 9642
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/4/2013 7:03:36 AM   
sanchia

I too am coming from the Ugh! train.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9643
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/4/2013 4:02:09 PM   
jcthefirst

The rather cavalier attitude some people in here have in relation to drinking and driving.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9644
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/4/2013 6:05:12 PM   
Hood_Man

Having a complaint made against ME because someone at work isn't prepared to do the work they're paid for...

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9645
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/4/2013 8:24:38 PM   
ChickMagnet

Right where to start?

A Fortnight ago tomorrow I finally managed to get an appointment with the doctors to discuss my depression coming back and properly kicking my ass, the doctor I see instantly decides I need to go back on my medication and I do so, then on the Saturday I suddenly start being sick through the night, after self-certifying on the Thursday I called 111 to see if I should be worried and they manage to get me into my Doctors within 2 hours, who instantly advise that I come off the meds which is a little confusing as I've had times on them before and never had to deal with this, but who am I to argue, I agreed to it In the same appointment I asked what I would need to do about my work and got the response 'I shouldn't be doing this, but here' and she writes me a sicknote until this Friday coming up.

This is all a stress enough as me and my boss don't get on, I don't think he realises but he constantly has someone in the team that he picks on and currently, that's yours truly. Over the past 12 months he's given me crap about any holiday days I've taken as he doesn't want me to run out too early and feared I'd get sick if I didn't ration them (even though every time I asked for a holiday I had to give a reason why I wanted it and if he thought I was 'wasting it' he'd turn the request down), so I was instantly a bit stressed as I know when I go back he'll give me the speech that I'm letting my colleagues down by getting sick and I need to think about how they are over how I am.

By the Sunday just gone I was feeling better, but also bouncing off the walls as I've not left the house, so me and mine decided to grab a train to the next city over to give me a day out of the house, without me constantly worrying about getting seen by my boss or a work colleague. After having a great day and chilling out quite nicely at home yesterday, I promptly started getting sick again overnight last night. Throw in now I'm feeling completely run down and constantly thirsty. So what could make this worse? A phone-call from the boss to advise me that the recent redundancy announcement is probably going to affect my team meaning voluntary redundancies, there's also apparently a lot of chatter about which members of our team should take it and people are already talking about how they shouldn't take it as they have kids and some other team members (myself included) don't.

Now redundancy would mean that I'd be able to clear my debts in one go, leaving enough money for me and mine to move to a bigger city (say Leeds, Sheffield, Nottingham, Manchester, Glasgow, that kind of place) and our rent would probably be a lot cheaper as I could furnish the place with what redundancy money I would have left after I'd paid my debts off, but it is a huge decision, throw in that the other half has just started a pretty decent job and I'm feeling properly shite at the minute.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9646
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/4/2013 10:34:30 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

Right where to start?

A Fortnight ago tomorrow I finally managed to get an appointment with the doctors to discuss my depression coming back and properly kicking my ass, the doctor I see instantly decides I need to go back on my medication and I do so, then on the Saturday I suddenly start being sick through the night, after self-certifying on the Thursday I called 111 to see if I should be worried and they manage to get me into my Doctors within 2 hours, who instantly advise that I come off the meds which is a little confusing as I've had times on them before and never had to deal with this, but who am I to argue, I agreed to it In the same appointment I asked what I would need to do about my work and got the response 'I shouldn't be doing this, but here' and she writes me a sicknote until this Friday coming up.

This is all a stress enough as me and my boss don't get on, I don't think he realises but he constantly has someone in the team that he picks on and currently, that's yours truly. Over the past 12 months he's given me crap about any holiday days I've taken as he doesn't want me to run out too early and feared I'd get sick if I didn't ration them (even though every time I asked for a holiday I had to give a reason why I wanted it and if he thought I was 'wasting it' he'd turn the request down), so I was instantly a bit stressed as I know when I go back he'll give me the speech that I'm letting my colleagues down by getting sick and I need to think about how they are over how I am.

By the Sunday just gone I was feeling better, but also bouncing off the walls as I've not left the house, so me and mine decided to grab a train to the next city over to give me a day out of the house, without me constantly worrying about getting seen by my boss or a work colleague. After having a great day and chilling out quite nicely at home yesterday, I promptly started getting sick again overnight last night. Throw in now I'm feeling completely run down and constantly thirsty. So what could make this worse? A phone-call from the boss to advise me that the recent redundancy announcement is probably going to affect my team meaning voluntary redundancies, there's also apparently a lot of chatter about which members of our team should take it and people are already talking about how they shouldn't take it as they have kids and some other team members (myself included) don't.

Now redundancy would mean that I'd be able to clear my debts in one go, leaving enough money for me and mine to move to a bigger city (say Leeds, Sheffield, Nottingham, Manchester, Glasgow, that kind of place) and our rent would probably be a lot cheaper as I could furnish the place with what redundancy money I would have left after I'd paid my debts off, but it is a huge decision, throw in that the other half has just started a pretty decent job and I'm feeling properly shite at the minute.

Sorry to hear about all this - I understand it must be pretty overwhelming to be experiencing all this, but if I can be honest and say from an outside perspective, this actually sounds as though it could be a good opportunity, and I don't mean that to sound patronising.

I just speak from having been in a job where I was desperately unhappy due to my manager - to the point it was making me both physically and mentally ill. And I stayed on for longer than I should have simply because I could think of a hundred reasons as to why it would be the wrong decision, like what would happen if I couldn't find another job quickly? etc. I didn't suffer from depression however, so I can't pretend to know how you're feeling, but I would say that there's a massive chance that your job situation, particularly the strained relationship with your manager, is probably a big trigger for some of the symptoms. Like, you say you suddenly felt very ill again - is it possible it could be that subconsciously you've got so much anxiety about going back to work after being off ill, that it's manifesting itself into physical symptoms?

Deciding whether to accept redundancy is a huge decision, of course, and when it's you who's facing it, it's never as simple as what other people say. But it sounds to me like there are so many reasons for you to accept it, and I think deep down, you know that, but it can be incredibly hard to take the jump from being in a secure job (even though circumstances within it make you ill) to facing the unknown. I did it - and it was the best decision I could have made.

Anyway, good luck with it all, I hope whatever you decide it all works out. And I hope you feel as well as can be.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 9647
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/5/2013 8:44:27 AM   
Chief

quote:

Having a complaint made against ME because someone at work isn't prepared to do the work they're paid for...

Between that and you getting banned from another forum I think you're on the right track to a proper meltdown.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9648
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/5/2013 4:50:01 PM   
Chief

"I'd rather see it in 3D at 6.20 instead"

Worst. Text. Ever.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9649
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/5/2013 4:51:39 PM   
matty_b

Tell them to go fuck themselves.

quote:

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9650
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/5/2013 4:51:44 PM   
Scruffybobby

Something stupid I did has bitten me on the arse and the consequences could yet be serious and I'll only have myself to blame if they are.

Stupid, stupid ,stupid.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9651
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/5/2013 7:39:03 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

Between that and you getting banned from another forum I think you're on the right track to a proper meltdown.

Nah, I'm as calm and mellow as a...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

"I'd rather see it in 3D at 6.20 instead"

Worst. Text. Ever.

...NNNNNGGGGGGGRRRRAAAARRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9652
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/5/2013 8:37:07 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Tell them to go fuck themselves.

Pretty much did but it was my wife so I caved.

It never ruined the film (IM3) but it was distracting enough for me not to enjoy it as much as I should have.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9653
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/5/2013 9:13:41 AM   
matty_b

See, when I lined that joke up I kinda hoped it would be someone more inappropriate, like a granny you were taking out for the day, or your kids.

Ah well, nevermind.

quote:

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9654
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/5/2013 10:55:42 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

Right where to start?

Sorry to hear about all this - I understand it must be pretty overwhelming to be experiencing all this, but if I can be honest and say from an outside perspective, this actually sounds as though it could be a good opportunity, and I don't mean that to sound patronising.

I just speak from having been in a job where I was desperately unhappy due to my manager - to the point it was making me both physically and mentally ill. And I stayed on for longer than I should have simply because I could think of a hundred reasons as to why it would be the wrong decision, like what would happen if I couldn't find another job quickly? etc. I didn't suffer from depression however, so I can't pretend to know how you're feeling, but I would say that there's a massive chance that your job situation, particularly the strained relationship with your manager, is probably a big trigger for some of the symptoms. Like, you say you suddenly felt very ill again - is it possible it could be that subconsciously you've got so much anxiety about going back to work after being off ill, that it's manifesting itself into physical symptoms?

Deciding whether to accept redundancy is a huge decision, of course, and when it's you who's facing it, it's never as simple as what other people say. But it sounds to me like there are so many reasons for you to accept it, and I think deep down, you know that, but it can be incredibly hard to take the jump from being in a secure job (even though circumstances within it make you ill) to facing the unknown. I did it - and it was the best decision I could have made.

Anyway, good luck with it all, I hope whatever you decide it all works out. And I hope you feel as well as can be.

Thanks Sway, I went to the GPs again tonight and joy of joy, I've got to hit up the Hospital tomorrow to get blood tests done, I hate needles at the best of times (which people never believe when they see that I've got huge tattoo's on both arms), but if it gets to the bottom of this, then I'm all for it, I've been signed off till a week tomorrow based on whatever the blood tests come back with.

Still need to talk it over with the wife, but I'm leaning more and more towards taking redundancy if its offered.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9655
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/5/2013 9:25:19 AM   
sanchia

I think at the end of the day you need to think of your mental health as much as anything else. I remember working in a place where the management was awful and bullying, when I finally came to the decision to leave I felt such a weight off my shoulders it was incredible and my whole personality changed as i went from moody and depressed to slightly less moody and slightly melancholy (ahem). At the same time though do as you are doing and go in with your eyes open and with the realisation that there may not be another job down the line for a year or so (it took me about a seven months to find another job which was month longer than I had budgeted for). Anyway, whatever your choice hopefully it goes well.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 9656
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/5/2013 10:50:22 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I think at the end of the day you need to think of your mental health as much as anything else. I remember working in a place where the management was awful and bullying, when I finally came to the decision to leave I felt such a weight off my shoulders it was incredible and my whole personality changed as i went from moody and depressed to slightly less moody and slightly melancholy (ahem). At the same time though do as you are doing and go in with your eyes open and with the realisation that there may not be another job down the line for a year or so (it took me about a seven months to find another job which was month longer than I had budgeted for). Anyway, whatever your choice hopefully it goes well.

Exactly.

I don't think people realise just how serious this can be. Some people get stuck in a job that is making them miserable for whatever reason would rather stick to the familiarity and safety of a job they know, and completely underestimate how much it's affecting their mental health. Infact I'd say a lot of people either go into denial about it, and just plod on, or have no idea how much they've changed.

My parents reckon I became 'a new person' once I'd quit my previous job and started my current one. I'd just turned into this anxious, constantly ill, shell of a person. There were times I sat down on the train for my commute back home after work and just burst into tears. Yet despite all that, instinctively I didn't want to give up the security of a job I knew and was familiar with.

I even saw this happen to a friend who started working at my old work about a month before I left. When I first met him he was this cheery, happy go lucky, energetic guy, and I saw the deterioration of him over the next few months, whenever he popped in to say hi to me in my current work. He just looked sapped of all life! I managed to get him an interview for my current work and he's absolutely loving life right now.

It was a huge decision deciding to hand in my notice, but as Sanchia says, it was such a weight off the shoulders. You do worry about what happens next, but part of you gets a little excited at the new opportunities.

< Message edited by Sway -- 3/5/2013 10:53:18 AM >

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9657
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/5/2013 11:11:03 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

Exactly.

I don't think people realise just how serious this can be. Some people get stuck in a job that is making them miserable for whatever reason would rather stick to the familiarity and safety of a job they know, and completely underestimate how much it's affecting their mental health. Infact I'd say a lot of people either go into denial about it, and just plod on, or have no idea how much they've changed.

Bang on!

I was made redundant a couple of years ago after being in the same job for more years that a fair few of you have been alive for and it came completely out of the blue. I had been miserable for years in the position but familiarity and complacency had well and truly taken root. Being forced out was the best thing that could have happened to me (although at the time I thought my world was at an end as I honestly thought I wouldn't get another job for years!). It took 7 months to get a new job (I fully appreciate I was in the lucky position where I wasn't financially desperate to get a job straight away) but I am a much happier person and love the job I am doing at the moment. I some don't think much of the company but it truly looks after its employees

First and foremost though your health comes first and blood tests sound like a good step. If you took redundancy could you not look for another job in the same place you are currently in (if you don't want to move initially due to your partners job)? It just sounds to me (only going from what you've typed Chick) that getting out of the place you are currently in would do you the world of good. Life's to short to put up with a nasty little bullying man! If you do decide to take redundancy and it's all signed off could you not then be completely honest and give the reason you wanted out of the company?

Whatever you decide, I hope everything works out for you

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9658
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/5/2013 7:57:29 PM   
horribleives

I would walk out of my job for all the reasons people have listed above in a heartbeat if I didn't have bills to pay and bloody debts.

But more annoying than that...I've just glanced at the timetable for Primavera in Barcelona in a couple of weeks and it appears that two almighty clashes are in danger of, if not ruining, then definitely severely marring the festival. To wit: some arsehole scheduler has decided to put My Bloody Valentine, The Drones and Crystal Castles on at exactly the same time. Followed by the night after which pits Deeerhunter, Bob Mould and The Postal Service against each other at, yes, exactly the same fucking time. So that's four bands I was particularly looking forward to seeing who I now, erm, won't.
Bastard.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 3/5/2013 7:59:41 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 9659
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/5/2013 11:23:54 PM   
moontheloon

ChickMagnet, sorry to hear about all your problems, in particular the whole job situation, as I am going through redundancy myself at the moment. I've decided to use it as an opportunity to actually go and get a career that I actually want, and it sounds like you've got a similar mindset, which is great. Good luck to you!

What pissed me off today though was finding out what I would be getting in my redundancy package. I was of the understanding, and indeed was told in all my redundancy documents, that I would receive 1 weeks pay for every full years service with the company. I have worked for the company for nearly exactly 2.5 years, so I was expecting 2 weeks pay. Not a lot of money, but certainly enough to take the edge off losing my job. Today I discover (as does my manager, who they also didn't communicate this to at any time) that I will only be getting 1.5 weeks pay in my package. The reason? I am 23, therefore one of my years service was before I was 22 and I only get half a weeks pay for that year. What made me angry was that there was absolutely no mention of age affecting redundancy payouts in any previous document, so unless I knew about this rule (which having never been made redundant before I did not), so it came as a shock to me. Also, I am 24 a mere 25 days after I get made redundant. So because I was born 25 days too late I lose out on 165, which may not be a huge amount to some people, but is a hell of a lot to me.

I know it's the law (Or at least I do now), but I just think the whole thing stinks to high heaven, why should someone being under 22 mean that they get less money when they lose their job. By that logic someone could work for a company for 6 years, from 16 to 22, and get 3 weeks wages in redundancy, which quite frankly is outrageous. It implies that the person contributes less to the company because they are young and it implies that they are worth less than someone who is older, which quite frankly is bullshit. I work my ass off in my job, I volunteered to help out at most given opportunities, I gave up my free time to paint our staff room and back of house areas, I gave so much to that company, a fact that is recognised by not just my manager, but the area manager who was lamenting my loss (especially considering some of the people who get to keep their jobs who are useless and contribute nothing, but can't be gotten rid of) and I am getting screwed because I am month too young. It's left me really pissed off. Even after finding out I was being made redundant 4 weeks ago I have been working as hard as ever, dealing with all the errors at our latest stock count nearly single handedly, keeping up to date with all my tasks and paperwork and still offering help to other members of staff where needed. I know for a fact that other people made redundant in others stores are basically working in as much as turning up to work rather than actually doing their jobs. Now I am starting to wonder what the point of me even turning up for my last 4 weeks of work are. Seriously... If HMV can't even be bothered to make up any discrepancies in the redundancy payouts as way of an apology, why should I bother.

The sad thing is that I will almost certainly continue to work hard, as not only is that simply the way I am, but also I really like most of the people I work with, in particular I get on really well with my manager and assistant manager, and If I don't want to leave them in the lurch by not doing my job properly. I actively want to help them out and leave my job with my head held high and with them in the best position to deal with my loss as possible. But at the same time I really don't feel like helping the company at large right now. So it's a mass of conflicts. I'll continue doing my best, but resent myself for it.

That and the added frustration of more shop thefts (since the announcement about losing security broke it feels like we're getting looted at times, with people just walking in and out in seconds with whatever they want) and no means to go after the guy or call it in to the police on the town because they've taken our communication means away from us too. We're sitting ducks and it is a joke, Some of the guys I watch from a distance start confronting me in the store now, and if one of them ever kicked off properly I would have no means to call it in if I was in danger. Today made me both glad to be leaving, and really sad that I am going too. Like I say, a mass of conflicts in my head right now, and it's really winding me up.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 9660
Page:   <<   < prev  320 321 [322] 323 324   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  320 321 [322] 323 324   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI