Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  319 320 [321] 322 323   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/4/2013 7:03:05 AM   
Valanya

I am pissed off because it's the first day of the summer term and I only got a couple of hours' sleep last night. Now I'm just as exhausted as I felt at the end of last term.

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 9601
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/4/2013 7:12:52 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

i hope you haven't ended up with whiplash as a result of having it as my sister did.

Wow. Although I do remember reading about someone who broke a rib they were puking so hard.

They think she blacked out whilst being ill and banged her head against the toilet and the bath on the way down. That was two months ago and she still has quite a few symptoms. I must admit it is something we are never going to let her forget about.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 9602
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/4/2013 9:23:31 PM   
Valanya

I spent 250 on my car last week, prior to getting it MOT'd. It had its MOT last Thursday and passed. I thought that was it for time spent in the garage for a year.

Except that today I realised that something is very wrong, because it's started handling like I don't have power steering To the point where I'm going to have to borrow the boyfriend's car for a couple of days because it's practically undrivable. This is going to be expensive.

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9603
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/4/2013 9:31:26 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

This is so whiny and immature but I'm going to post it.

So me and three or so friends of mine are planning to meet up for a drink this week - the last one before we all go back to our prospective universities. The one of them who is organising it sent out a big Facebook message, but invited someone that I don't like at all (though who is friends with two of the others). And now, I log on to Facebook and this one I don't like has suggested we invite other people, both of whom I don't like.

So now I'm really pissed off because I don't want to spend the evening with three people who I don't like (two of whom are the most deathly dull people on Earth). What's worse is that they are the type of people who will totally change the tone of the evening and what type of conversations we have. And I'm doubly pissed off because I feel really immature and pathetic for being so annoyed. It's like being in Year 9 again.

And this is why Facebook is bad.

It isn't whiny though - very understandably annoying.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 9604
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/4/2013 9:40:14 PM   
Hood_Man

After having some downright dreadful feedback today it doesn't look like I'm going to pass my probation at work... most likely I'll just have to stay on it for another 3 months but it's knocked my confidence back to 0, as only last week I thought things were getting back on track.

Oh, and I've had cramp in one of my toes on and off for the past hour

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9605
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/4/2013 9:49:59 PM   
elab49

They more than likely still are, just too late for this - focus on that and it'll get you through the next bit. Is there any other support/training you could get to give you an extra boost?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9606
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/4/2013 5:16:40 PM   
Hood_Man

My team leader's emailed me some information to help me, and apparently has put together an "Action Pack" as well, so to her credit she's being really helpful.

I just can't escape the feeling that I'm a marked man though, I messed up badly on something I should really know well by now.

Oh well

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9607
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/4/2013 5:56:30 PM   
Hood_Man

Also, my Lovefilm copy of Ice Cold In Alex on BluRay looks like someone's wiped their bum with it

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9608
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/4/2013 12:24:40 AM   
Harry Tuttle

It's been a shit week all told. We got shafted by an Estate Agent regarding a house we put a bid on that would have been perfect for us. We put in the highest bid but the Agent advised the seller to sell to another bidder (the house had been on the market for over a year and the minute we put a bid in there was competition ) because the sale of our house wasn't totally confirmed yet. I can understand why she did it, she's the one selling our house as well so if our sale didn't go through she'd have missed out on the commision for 2 sales, doesn't stop it stinging like fuck though.

Then today we found out that the buyer for our house couldn't get the whole mortgage she required so she inquired as to whether or not we'd accept another bid that was 5k less than the last one. Seeing as we've not got anywhere to move to I told them it was no deal, their initial bid was already 5k less than the asking price, which in turn was 10k less than the valuation we had. If we'd had the other property to move into we probably would have accepted the bid as it wouldn't really have impacted our ability to buy the house. So back on the market the house goes although in brighter news we've already got 2 viewings lined up for it on Saturday but even then we'll still be in the situation of probably having to rent short term until a suitable property comes on the market for us.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 19/4/2013 12:26:42 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9609
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/4/2013 11:10:20 AM   
Sway

Ugh. When will this ever end?

Had blood tests taken on Wednesday to check for various things since I'm still feeling fatigued and as my recovery is going pretty slowly. I didn't really think anything would show up, I figured my body is just taking its time because I had two huge ops back to back really.

But I just got a letter in from the docs this morn asking to make an appointment as they'd like to go over the results. Now it could be something as simple as anaemia, which is one of the things they're checking for, but obviously my mind is going into overdrive.

I just thought I'd be past all this by now.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9610
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/4/2013 12:41:44 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Had blood tests taken on Wednesday to check for various things since I'm still feeling fatigued and as my recovery is going pretty slowly. I didn't really think anything would show up, I figured my body is just taking its time because I had two huge ops back to back really.

But I just got a letter in from the docs this morn asking to make an appointment as they'd like to go over the results. Now it could be something as simple as anaemia, which is one of the things they're checking for, but obviously my mind is going into overdrive.

I think the system really needs to be changed to be able to provide more prompt info (while taking into account data protection stuff) to stop people worrying like this. Esp when it can take ages to get a GP appointment. We went through the same thing when my dad was first diagnosed - you imagine terrible things, and they're almost always wrong.

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9611
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/4/2013 4:15:31 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

I think the system really needs to be changed to be able to provide more prompt info (while taking into account data protection stuff) to stop people worrying like this. Esp when it can take ages to get a GP appointment. We went through the same thing when my dad was first diagnosed - you imagine terrible things, and they're almost always wrong.

Tell me about it. Having a wait for The Big Results previously was bad enough, but just when I think I'm done with all this nonsense....

And obviously I could speculate on it until the cows come home and not get anywhere.

I'm hoping/assuming if it was anything cancer related they'd have told me to get my arse back in there asap. But I'm just worried they say, 'Well there was a problem with X which might be indicative of something more serious....'

Hopefully it'll be something as simple as, 'you're low on iron, here's some pills and some broccoli.'

But it's the frustration of it all. I'm so sick and tired of it. More sick and tired than you guys are of hearing about it!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9612
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/4/2013 8:32:31 PM   
elab49

You should totally have a pre-emptive broccoli supper. And lots of other greens of that type.

Mind you, you'd probably end up with the same stomach issues as Prof

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9613
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/4/2013 10:49:38 PM   
Sway

quote:

You should totally have a pre-emptive broccoli supper. And lots of other greens of that type.

Funnily enough, following my first op in hospital I was low on potassium and they were having to give me this awful, awful fizzy drink concoction (because I'm useless at swallowing large pills) to make up my levels, every day at the meds rounds. I used to dread the nurses coming round because I really struggled to drink this stuff.

So in the run up to the second op, I made sure I ate loads of bananas before being admitted back to the hospital!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9614
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/4/2013 10:53:35 PM   
elab49

Reading the first bit I was going to ask why the hospital didn't go the palatable route for potassium. Funding I guess, having seen the meals they serve up generally.

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9615
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/4/2013 11:04:31 PM   
Sway

quote:

Reading the first bit I was going to ask why the hospital didn't go the palatable route for potassium. Funding I guess, having seen the meals they serve up generally.

Combo of reasons I suppose. The cost would be one, but I guess it's quicker/easier for the body to soak up potassium if it's given straight. And then they can't rely on people's appetites after surgery to help in the process. I really struggled with eating after my second op. I was in hospital for a week, and even on my final day in there I was barely managing a yoghurt for breakfast and half a sandwich for lunch.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9616
RE: I am pissed off because... - 20/4/2013 1:12:08 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

I really struggled with eating after my second op. I was in hospital for a week, and even on my final day in there I was barely managing a yoghurt for breakfast and half a sandwich for lunch.

I wonder if people understand just how painful this must have been for you.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9617
RE: I am pissed off because... - 20/4/2013 9:16:31 AM   
sanchia

Emoticons Mr Simpson, emoticons.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 9618
RE: I am pissed off because... - 20/4/2013 10:58:03 PM   
Ghidorah

My attempt to end the emotional affair had failed. I tried to go cold turkey on her and aviod her in the workplace. Sadly the connection between us is too strong and didn't have it in me to be constantly rude to a good friend. So the question is what is the next step to solve the matter? My best guess is to confront her over the subject and mention how close we are getting.

Today I had spoken to a co worker about the situation I was in. He's a good friend and thanks to his age he has knowledge on relationship issues. We talked about if this friendship was either platonic and or emotional affair. We talked about the confusion men get in a platonic friendship and what cause it. However he agreed with the example I gave him my friendship with the woman is indeed an emotional affair. He also said he wouldn't want to be in my postion.

I would also like to point out 90% of the articles on emotional affairs are useless. One relationship board had members talking about the lack of information given out by these articles and how they are unhelpful. Most articles talk briefly about the adulter and how they are feeling. This doesn't help the cheated partner or the used third party. What more annoying these articles say emotional affairs are wrong, it need to be stopped and adulter need to go back to their relationship. The good articles say the adulter need to wake up and decide to either to conitinue their relationship or move on.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9619
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/4/2013 2:01:20 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

I really struggled with eating after my second op. I was in hospital for a week, and even on my final day in there I was barely managing a yoghurt for breakfast and half a sandwich for lunch.

I wonder if people understand just how painful this must have been for you.

Ha ha!

It was! I knew I had to eat, but I had no appetite. I was having to force food down even though I didn't want it. It was actually worse than it sounds. My parents were willing to make/cook absolutely ANYTHING for me just so I would eat. I racked my brains each day, thinking of a whole load of different foods to see if anything would trigger some reaction. Eventually I decided I could probably feel remotely hungry for pancakes. And hotdogs.

Post #: 9620
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/4/2013 2:03:14 AM   
Sway

quote:

I might be wrong, but I'm guessing this is in relation to what Homer said to me, and don't worry, I read it in the tone it was intended. He knows how much I love my food!

If I've read your post wrong, apologies!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9621
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/4/2013 12:54:06 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

I might be wrong, but I'm guessing this is in relation to what Homer said to me, and don't worry, I read it in the tone it was intended. He knows how much I love my food!

Yeah, I saw sanchia's post, and then re-read mine, and I was like, shit, that could be misconstrued. But not by Sway, so I'm good.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9622
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/4/2013 1:24:50 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

Yeah, I saw sanchia's post, and then re-read mine, and I was like, shit, that could be misconstrued. But not by Sway, so I'm good.

I actually had to read it a couple of times over to pick up the wrong tone!

Post #: 9623
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/4/2013 2:48:43 PM   
sanchia

You are just so trusting and upbeat whilst I lurk in the shadows.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9624
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/4/2013 5:35:27 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

You are just so trusting and upbeat whilst I lurk in the shadows.

You merely lurk in the shadows. I was born in them!

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9625
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/4/2013 6:58:49 PM   
sanchia

You're Batman!

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 9626
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/4/2013 2:13:59 PM   
indysgill

Part of the water heater is going, more money I need to for out.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9627
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/4/2013 7:34:56 PM   
elab49

After nearly blacking out again today I was whisked to Gps and barrage of tests and lots of blood taken. At the moment I feel like I've had a good kicking in the kidneys and I'm not sure that's a good thing, Esp not if I find the bastard that did it

quote:

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 9628
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/4/2013 7:47:40 PM   
Sway

quote:

After nearly blacking out again today I was whisked to Gps and barrage of tests and lots of blood taken. At the moment I feel like I've had a good kicking in the kidneys and I'm not sure that's a good thing, Esp not if I find the bastard that did it

Oh no, sorry to hear that. Is this been a recurring problem recently then? Hope they find out what the problem is and it's something easily fixable.

And I hope you're taking it easy just now. Have they given you any meds in the meantime to combat the pain or whatever you're feeling just now?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9629
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/4/2013 8:00:15 PM   
elab49

I've been having problems with low blood sugar and had just assumed that's what the problem was before. The tests'll be back Wednesday - I wasn't told to take anything till then, except go to GP/A&E if I went weird again. I'm sure it'll be nothing too serious, it's just bloody sore just now - like a bad stitch on both sides.

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9630
Page:   <<   < prev  319 320 [321] 322 323   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  319 320 [321] 322 323   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI