Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  318 319 [320] 321 322   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/4/2013 5:40:15 PM   
DancingClown

Fucking Noro-virus!

My wife takes our middle boy to closest hospital on sunday to check out a rash/fever he's been suffering. She's told that he just has a virus and his little body is reacting to it, no need to worry. Monday night my wife starts spewing from all exits and has a very uncomfortable night. I get up with the boys this morning and start to feel a little...strange. Within an hour I'm also retching my guts up. We have the Noro virus, both of us, with three kids to look after. Nightmare. I have never felt so bloody wretched, I feel like I've been disembowelled with a trowel. And then of course a couple of hours ago the two oldest boys start spewing. And we're trying to deal with this without barely being able to move. It's like that pie-eating contest scene from Stand By Me. Horrendous. Only the youngest is so far unscathed.

Nothing like a biblical plague to bring a family together.

Anyone else here had this ghastly, shitty thing? How long did it last you?

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9571
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/4/2013 9:12:58 PM   
Sway

Oh fuck balls.

I've been doing hee-haw all day today (with the exception of a few things round the flat) and completely forgot Game of Thrones was available. I could have been watching it right now!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 9572
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/4/2013 1:25:58 AM   
Mister Coe

Oh, the Norovirus... I heard from people who had it and thought 'what babies, it's just a bit of puking...'

And then I got it.

I have never felt so ill in my life, I was curled foetal on my sofa with a bucket beside me, barely able to move for fear of bringing on another chunky yawn... but then I had to, just to get to the loo to let whoosh another hot blast of fizzy water from the back passage...

But, in my experience, the worst of it only lasted about 12 hours. After that, it's just a case of bed rest and trying to get some fluids inside you, tiny little sips frequently. Don't try and get to the doctors, they can do nothing for you. You could have tried NHS Direct for some over-the-phone advice from a nurse but the government have scrapped that service...

My prayers are with you...

Say what now?

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9573
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/4/2013 4:21:02 PM   
homersimpson_esq

My Nexus 7 tablet, after just four months, has developed a faulty speaker. After doing a factory reset as advised it's still faulty. Crackling every time it makes a sound, making watching videos or listening to music pointless. So I call Google up to sort out a replacement and they have the single most idiotic system in the world. I send off the faulty tablet. Then I effectively order a new one, the cost of which they effectively charge my account for. Essentially they hold those funds until such time as they receive the defective tablet, and then they release the funds back into my account. I suggested what if I send the faulty tablet back first and then, once they have received that, they send the replacement tablet out. There is no need for my bank account to be involved at all. Why the fuck should I have to temporarily lose the cost of a tablet out of my account which I'm not even paying for? Yes, I realise that it's only temporary, but I'm not really in a position to have a couple of hundred quid just lying around spare. Utterly idiotic. I was not getting through to the chap on the phone so I had to be CALL CENTRE CUSTOMER TOSSER and ask to speak to a supervisor. I kind of hated myself for doing that. Although there were no supervisors available so someone is emailing me, apparently... Ugh.

And yes, I know, first world problems and all that, but y'know, we live in the first world, so yeah.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 9574
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/4/2013 4:27:53 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq
Utterly idiotic. I was not getting through to the chap on the phone so I had to be CALL CENTRE CUSTOMER TOSSER and ask to speak to a supervisor. I kind of hated myself for doing that. Although there were no supervisors available so someone is emailing me, apparently... Ugh.

I don't think that counts as being a tosser, tbh. You have a legit complaint because that's a genuinely fucking stupid system. I doubt that the random guy you were talking to would have the authority to give permission to change the way it works, so you have to speak to someone in charge. It's not like you were acting entitled and demanding they send you a new one free of charge before they get yours returned.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 9575
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/4/2013 9:21:48 PM   
Ghidorah

I failed a job interview for current unknown reasons. I thought they choosen people with better experience and I didn't get the job. However today a co worker told me the distribution company are still looking for people to hire and he got an interview next week. About two to three weeks after my interview.

Last year I was injured in an accident at work which wasn't my fault and since then been suffering tennis elbow. During the interview I told them this as I meant to. I need to wear an arm support to ease a pain and I couldn't lie to hide my injury. I think this is the reason why I didn't get the job and make it worst I am very strong due to my weight training.

I will give them a call to confirm it but it look like I will take a trip to the doctors. A trip that will make me have a few months off work while I recover from my injury. Payback for fucking me over all these countless time especially recently for suspending me.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 9576
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/4/2013 9:38:37 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq
Utterly idiotic. I was not getting through to the chap on the phone so I had to be CALL CENTRE CUSTOMER TOSSER and ask to speak to a supervisor. I kind of hated myself for doing that. Although there were no supervisors available so someone is emailing me, apparently... Ugh.

I don't think that counts as being a tosser, tbh. You have a legit complaint because that's a genuinely fucking stupid system. I doubt that the random guy you were talking to would have the authority to give permission to change the way it works, so you have to speak to someone in charge. It's not like you were acting entitled and demanding they send you a new one free of charge before they get yours returned.

I also think it's a dubious move under the various Sale of Goods legislation. Goods are faulty, their responsibility to repair/replace - you shouldn't be being charged at any point in that, unless there's some arguable cost over the actual return.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 9577
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/4/2013 10:09:00 PM   
steffols

Walked into work today and one of the first customers I served at Customer Services was a total dickhead, the conversation goes as follows

Racist Twat: (to his wife) nah, I'm going to say something. (To me) I wish to make a complaint
Me: Ok sure, whats the problem?
RT; That Nigerian News newspaper over there offends me.
Me:....O..K..
RT: Why do you have that in here? That offends me. I wish it to be noted.
Me: OK, I'll make a note of it. (Write the words 'Nigerian News offends' on a scrap bit of paper beside me)
RT: Thanks.
(As he leaves, I scrunch up the paper and shove it in the bin.)

Twat.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9578
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/4/2013 12:23:31 AM   
kumar

*twitch*

Though, are you positively sure, he wasnt taking the piss? I occasionally do this (only within my circle of friends).... though stretching it to strangers seems very awkward.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9579
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/4/2013 12:27:08 AM   
rawlinson

I was wondering if it was Homer, he does have a reputation for being a customer services tosser.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 9580
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/4/2013 4:28:48 PM   
steffols

Nope, definitely not making a joke. People who tend to make jokes like that always end up making it obvious that they are joking so we can have a mutual laugh about it. Plus, I think his wife was trying to stop him from coming up. He was finger pointing in an angry manner as well. This guy was offended! He struck me as sort of Sun reading racist tosser who would be serious about such things. Probably not a good idea to live in this area of Essex!

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 9581
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/4/2013 7:32:19 PM   
moontheloon

So The company I work for (HMV) gets bought. YAY, we're out of the wood. We each get letters through to our homes telling us this information and are told that this change over will not affect our job roles in any way.

Today I get told that my job role is no longer going to exist in the company and that I face redundancy. Good stuff. My options are possibly be redeployed to another store (if there are any vacancies) as a sales assistant on a part time basis working out at a huge pay cut (depending on how many hours they can offer me, a maximum of 25) or in 6 weeks start signing on.

I sort of knew it was coming, there were hush hush conference calls yesterday that elevated my natural paranoia, but it is a bit of a joke. My role and the cash office role are going, so two people from my store are losing their jobs, with many more in other stores.

The absolute best of it though is that tomorrow, yes, one day after they essentially fire all these people, the new CEO is coming to visit my store... So when I meet this guy and he asks what I do, and I tell him, I shall relish the awkward silence that follows. Also announced today (after we had our consultation meetings) is that they are doing all our stock counts tomorrow. Whilst the counts themselves are being done by a third party, it is my job to afterwards sort out any discrepancies that occur. So they tell me I don't have a job any more, then ask me to do a bucket load of work.

Now me being me, programmed the way I am, I will do this work, and I will do it the best I can. The way I look at it, if I stop performing in my job the people who will suffer are those people I work with, who I care about a great deal, but I know people in others stores won't have the same attitude.

So basically I am pissed off because now I have to start rewriting my CV and looking for jobs, and I really hate both those activities with a great passion.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9582
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/4/2013 9:10:51 PM   
Goodfella

You are really pushing me "mate", you are a pathetic excuse for a father, your lucky social services aren't at your front door, your an even worse excuse for a partner and you have the audacity and the arrogance to critique other people!! Your a liar, a cheat and a weasel and you'll get found out because people like you always do, and I'll be standing over you when you fall down. In the meantime keep it up and me and you will be stepping outside, fuck the polite warnings, we're way past that.

(obviously not you moon! just really needed a vent, kept it bottled up for quite some time now!)

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 9583
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/4/2013 3:03:12 AM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: moontheloon

So The company I work for (HMV) gets bought. YAY, we're out of the wood. We each get letters through to our homes telling us this information and are told that this change over will not affect our job roles in any way.

Today I get told that my job role is no longer going to exist in the company and that I face redundancy. Good stuff. My options are possibly be redeployed to another store (if there are any vacancies) as a sales assistant on a part time basis working out at a huge pay cut (depending on how many hours they can offer me, a maximum of 25) or in 6 weeks start signing on.

I sort of knew it was coming, there were hush hush conference calls yesterday that elevated my natural paranoia, but it is a bit of a joke. My role and the cash office role are going, so two people from my store are losing their jobs, with many more in other stores.

The absolute best of it though is that tomorrow, yes, one day after they essentially fire all these people, the new CEO is coming to visit my store... So when I meet this guy and he asks what I do, and I tell him, I shall relish the awkward silence that follows. Also announced today (after we had our consultation meetings) is that they are doing all our stock counts tomorrow. Whilst the counts themselves are being done by a third party, it is my job to afterwards sort out any discrepancies that occur. So they tell me I don't have a job any more, then ask me to do a bucket load of work.

Now me being me, programmed the way I am, I will do this work, and I will do it the best I can. The way I look at it, if I stop performing in my job the people who will suffer are those people I work with, who I care about a great deal, but I know people in others stores won't have the same attitude.

So basically I am pissed off because now I have to start rewriting my CV and looking for jobs, and I really hate both those activities with a great passion.

moontheloon, I know where you're coming from, I work for the NHS and am also facing imminent redundancy... except our big cheese showed up totally out of the blue on an afternoon where practically no-one was in the building with no warning or anticipation. Some empty promises were made to the few who were there and he fucked off again... and we're all still getting slung out onto the dole queue. I only found about it the day after. My God, would I have liked to say some stuff...

My God, we live in a world full of cunts, don't we? Whatever... see you on the dole queue, mate.

Say what now?

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 9584
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/4/2013 12:45:44 PM   
homersimpson_esq

I really need to stop having lunch at my desk because apparently the sight of somebody holding a panini in one hand, with Twitter up on my PC screen, and in my other hand my phone cos I'm sending a text message isn't enough to make it obvious that I'M ON MY LUNCH. So stop asking me about the photocopier behind me, and just deal with it. Stop ringing me from upstairs, when you know I'm on lunch, asking about the photocopier. DEAL WITH IT YOUR FUCKING SELF, I'M TRYING TO EAT MY FUCKING LUNCH.

Ugh.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 9585
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/4/2013 12:59:14 PM   
talpacino

Maybe you should change your avatar to reflect your feelings.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

Post #: 9586
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/4/2013 1:14:07 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

Maybe you should change your avatar to reflect your feelings.

amusinglyrelevantinternetgif.gif

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 9587
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/4/2013 1:26:09 PM   
matty_b

I have pharyngitis.

THANKS FOR RUINING MY TIME OFF WORK, THROAT.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 9588
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/4/2013 3:08:09 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

More bemused but I can't find a bemused thread.

You didn't look very hard...

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3395598

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9589
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/4/2013 4:40:58 PM   
Professor Moriarty

... stupid iTunes didn't understand the tracks I was selecting, selected a whole load I had no intention of selecting and kindly lumped them all together calling them track number 1 and listing 2Unlimited as the artist, who now according to my record collection have in the region of 4000 of the greatest hits of all time

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9590
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/4/2013 5:40:32 PM   
rawlinson

That's still a better record collection than Gimli's.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 9591
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/4/2013 6:24:47 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's still a better record collection than Gimli's.

It's only gone and given those characteristics to the mp3 files on the computer too! So deleting then re-importing just brought me back to the same place.

Let's see if I can now replace them with the back up copy. You hear that wife who called me anal for keeping my music like this, without a backup copy we'd be nowhere!!!! who's got OCD tendencies now, huh?

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 9592
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/4/2013 1:18:17 PM   
horribleives

Sounds like a right clart on - I'm sticking with CDs and records for as long as I can.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 9593
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/4/2013 1:27:28 PM   
DancingClown

So while my poor, bedraggled immune system is in tatters while recovering from Noro my body thinks it's time for more shits and giggles by having me contract tonsilitus.

Perhaps I'm being punished for my hard work in the Pope thread.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 9594
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/4/2013 2:22:13 PM   
Shifty Bench

Hope you get better soon, mate. It sounds like you've been having a horrible time of it

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 9595
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/4/2013 4:21:43 PM   
DancingClown

Cheers, Shifty. It's like Day Of The Dead around here. The little ones are exhausted but in good spirits, although the oldest is due back at big-school on Tuesday and I'm not sure if he'll still be contagious after eight days. My wife's supposed to be back at work on monday but she still feels like shit. She's been taking care of the boys by herself today as I've been languishing in bed feeling sorry for myself.

I just don't get it. On Thursday I felt considerably better, I didn't feel sick at all really. I thought "great, I'm out of the woods!" Then on Friday I start to feel rough again, now my throat's on fire, neck glands swollen, fever again. Ridiculous. And while the initial puking has settled down no-one in this family has eaten a proper meal in nearly a week. Crackers and toast really. I want a pizza!

And there doesn't seem to be any concrete info about how long the Noro is supposed to last and be contagious for.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 9596
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/4/2013 6:22:58 PM   
steffols

Someone on my facebook just took the news of the tragic death of the person at the Brighton Marathon and tried to compare it to the Grand National. Oh my god I am so angry I can't even think. How can anyone be so unbelievably stupid?! Does she have no brain cells whatsoever? I'm so close to posting a very very angry reply to her ridiculous comments but really having to force myself not to. Basically she is making a sarcastic comment about how all marathons should now be banned because of some deaths at marathons and trying to compare that to the people who disagree with the Grand National because some horses die. This coming from a woman who supposedly loves horses.

I AM SO ANGRY.

Post #: 9597
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/4/2013 6:28:07 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Cheers, Shifty. It's like Day Of The Dead around here. The little ones are exhausted but in good spirits, although the oldest is due back at big-school on Tuesday and I'm not sure if he'll still be contagious after eight days. My wife's supposed to be back at work on monday but she still feels like shit. She's been taking care of the boys by herself today as I've been languishing in bed feeling sorry for myself.

I just don't get it. On Thursday I felt considerably better, I didn't feel sick at all really. I thought "great, I'm out of the woods!" Then on Friday I start to feel rough again, now my throat's on fire, neck glands swollen, fever again. Ridiculous. And while the initial puking has settled down no-one in this family has eaten a proper meal in nearly a week. Crackers and toast really. I want a pizza!

And there doesn't seem to be any concrete info about how long the Noro is supposed to last and be contagious for.

i hope you haven't ended up with whiplash as a result of having it as my sister did.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 9598
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/4/2013 9:44:31 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

i hope you haven't ended up with whiplash as a result of having it as my sister did.

Wow. Although I do remember reading about someone who broke a rib they were puking so hard.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9599
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/4/2013 9:50:30 PM   
MovieAddict247

This is so whiny and immature but I'm going to post it.

So me and three or so friends of mine are planning to meet up for a drink this week - the last one before we all go back to our prospective universities. The one of them who is organising it sent out a big Facebook message, but invited someone that I don't like at all (though who is friends with two of the others). And now, I log on to Facebook and this one I don't like has suggested we invite other people, both of whom I don't like.

So now I'm really pissed off because I don't want to spend the evening with three people who I don't like (two of whom are the most deathly dull people on Earth). What's worse is that they are the type of people who will totally change the tone of the evening and what type of conversations we have. And I'm doubly pissed off because I feel really immature and pathetic for being so annoyed. It's like being in Year 9 again.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

Post #: 9600
Page:   <<   < prev  318 319 [320] 321 322   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  318 319 [320] 321 322   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI