Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  312 313 [314] 315 316   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/2/2013 10:55:31 PM   
MonsterCat

I'm pretty sure I gave rawlinson's mum the Harlem Shake.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 9391
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/2/2013 11:05:50 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I'm pretty sure I gave rawlinson's mum the Harlem Shake.

No, that was gonorrhea.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 9392
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/2/2013 11:35:14 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Sorry to read that Sway. I hope things go more smoothly from now on. You must be going stir crazy with it all by now,

Thanks for indulging me. I've only got my parents at home and there's only so many times I can say, 'I'm so tired of all this', before I get tired of hearing myself saying that to them.

This recovery period is/has been such a hard, hard slog, and it feels like every time I make a tiny improvement, something else happens to make me go a step back.

I'm aware that almost every post of mine on here at the moment has been me moaning about it in some form or another, but I just can't get away from it for a second.

You need to keep thinking 'you're not being a pain you're just in pain'. Although not so much of the just.

I'm sure the healing will get along fine- wounds nurses always seem to come up with these amazing ideas using new things to improve the way things heal up. I think some consultants resent them tbh

So this new dance - it looked like it was taking the mick out of someone have a fit crossed with the dance they make up in Can't Buy Me Love, to me.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9393
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/2/2013 5:26:42 PM   
sanchia

Someone has handed out my work number to someone who should not have it (we are not supposed to get external calls). I have had someone call multiple times with a query relating to something I do not deal with and she will not take that the fact it is something I do not deal with as an answer. The person who should be dealing with it washed their hands of it (and i get the impression they were in fact the person who handed out my number). It took over an hour and over ten telephone calls to finally work out that she should have been speaking to London not us (she was speaking very broken English).

Meanwhile the work has piled up and I now have over an hours work to clear in the morning when I only have about 15 minutes available to do it.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9394
RE: I am pissed off because... - 20/2/2013 6:19:54 PM   
Ghidorah

I believed a co worker was having an emotional affair with me and so I ended the friendship. I wanted to move on and made sure I kept my distance from her. However I learned something happened to her and is being transferred to a different department. This department has regular access to mine and will be very difficult avoiding her.

Her dickhead boyfriend is going to be very pleased.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9395
RE: I am pissed off because... - 20/2/2013 8:04:41 PM   
Hood_Man

I got a phone call today from my surgery to ask me if I'd received a letter about a hospital appointment for an MRI on my wrist, which is scheduled for tomorrow. I hadn't heard anything about it so I had to wrangle something with my colleagues and am able to finish tomorrow at 11:30 (all last minute stuff).

Not long ago I got back to the flat after doing the bus route to get there, and I've got a horrible feeling I'm not going to get there in time.

I've been waiting to get this looked at for ages and I really hope it doesn't get cancelled because I don't get there in time... gonna have to try and guilt trip people to finish just an extra half hour early, it really would make all the difference.

That, plus the generally rubbish day I've had anyway, I just want to cry. Stupid emotions, it's not even like it's that bad!

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9396
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/2/2013 5:45:23 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Looks like the Royal Mail have been playing football with my parcel again.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9397
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/2/2013 5:50:55 PM   
matty_b

Was it a football?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 9398
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/2/2013 6:02:58 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Was it a football?

unfortunately no.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9399
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/2/2013 6:10:08 PM   
sanchia

I think one of the knuckles on my left hand popped out then went back into joint again. My hand is now rather uncomfortable and is swelling.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 9400
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/2/2013 10:45:22 PM   
Harry Tuttle

That there's a market for shite like One Born Every Minute annoys me. That my wife is part of that market makes me fucking furious. I've just had to listen to a complete stranger screaming through childbirth for 5 minutes. I'm on the other side of the room, on the PC, but I can still hear it as clear as if I was in the bloody delivery room.

It's fucking mental

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 24/2/2013 10:46:27 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9401
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/2/2013 12:41:49 PM   
Sway

I can't pinpoint why I'm pissed off, but I am. Everything seems to be really irritating me just now.

After my first op in December, my recovery progress was really swift. And after I'd got passed the pain and discomfort, I felt great. Really happy. I don't know if it was because, and this will sound silly, of the novelty of having a major operation. I felt as though I'd been through a lot (which I had), and was proud to show off my scar to everyone, and was determined to get back walking and back to normal as quick as possible. I felt really appreciative for a lot of things after the op had put a lot of stuff into perspective for me.

This time round it's completely different. Physically it's been a lot harder, a lot more exhausting, but mentally I'm just done in. I feel angry at stupid things - for example in the sitting room we have a large foot stool (or pouffe, if you will), that I've been using when sitting on the couch, as it's been much more comfortable for me. It's really large and is heavy to move. And yet because my mum is so anal about house keeping, instead of leaving it by the couch for me, she moves it back to where it usually sits under the window every night. Meaning I have to drag this thing myself in the morning, and my body is still super weak. It knocks the breath out of me doing this simple task. And today it's really tipped me over the edge, and I actually cried about it. I'm angry, tired, frustrated and I have no energy, motivation or will - unlike last time when I kept pushing myself to keep active and test my boundaries all the time. Not to mention, last time round my scar was tidy/neat and looked pretty awesome, this time round my stomach just looks an absolute mess. Totally superficial worry, I know, but I'm a 27 year old female, it's natural I guess.

I don't know if it's because I'm in limbo waiting for the results which determine whether I'm already on recovery road or if I need more stuff done. But I'm not feeling anywhere near as positive or as happy as after my last op.

Anyway, moan, moan moan. Just needed to get all that off my chest.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9402
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/2/2013 12:48:49 PM   
elab49

All of the above?

Can you not talk to your mum about it, just that little thing? I know it's not just that. On a much much more minor scale I once tried to change my hamster's water when I had full on proper flu (I did say much more minor!) - I moved him to the corner of the cage away from where the water bowl had been, took my hand out to put in the bowl, he moved back before I could put the bowl down. I moved him away, got bowl, he moved back. I moved him away, got bowl, he moved back, I burst out crying and was half hysterical while my mum took over and put me on the couch to sob for 10 minutes. Because when your system is up the swanee minor frustrations just get too much and everything is out of kilter. It can't help recovery is slower and there's still a question mark. It's not a question of pinpointing - everything is off just because everything is entirely naturally horribly bloody off.

I'm surprised you haven't put the pouffe through a window, frankly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9403
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/2/2013 1:45:48 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Gay-basher!

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9404
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/2/2013 3:03:25 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

All of the above?

Can you not talk to your mum about it, just that little thing? I know it's not just that. On a much much more minor scale I once tried to change my hamster's water when I had full on proper flu (I did say much more minor!) - I moved him to the corner of the cage away from where the water bowl had been, took my hand out to put in the bowl, he moved back before I could put the bowl down. I moved him away, got bowl, he moved back. I moved him away, got bowl, he moved back, I burst out crying and was half hysterical while my mum took over and put me on the couch to sob for 10 minutes. Because when your system is up the swanee minor frustrations just get too much and everything is out of kilter. It can't help recovery is slower and there's still a question mark. It's not a question of pinpointing - everything is off just because everything is entirely naturally horribly bloody off.

Thanks elab, I appreciate the response, especially since it made me laugh! I loved the mental image of war with your hamster, although I can obviously empathise with the feelings of hysteria. I recall one time, after a chain of events, the final straw for me was the oven not working, and sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor in a cold and dark flat absolutely bawling my eyes out then calling my mum to ask if I'd be able to cook a pizza under the grill.

I am trying to give myself a break, but just remembering how positive I felt last time and how far from that I feel this time, makes me even worse.

I had a casual, calm word with my mum about the pouffe when she got home from work not that long ago, obviously not letting on what kind of rage it put me into this morning, and it turns out it wasn't even my mum who'd moved it! It was my dad. Talk about egg on my face.

Definitely an emotional monster right now. /

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9405
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/2/2013 3:22:35 PM   
kumar

Definitely not on par with other problems but....

I just watched Skyfall and while I enjoyed it I couldnt help but think this blu ray is shit. Only after it was finished to take it out and put it in its case, to notice the blu ray disk hidden behind a leaflet on the inside of the case!!

(ok so im not really pissed off, but irritated, and a bit confused why a DVD would still come with a blu ray :/)

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9406
RE: I am pissed off because... - 26/2/2013 3:58:27 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

I just watched Skyfall and while I enjoyed it I couldnt help but think this blu ray is shit. Only after it was finished to take it out and put it in its case, to notice the blu ray disk hidden behind a leaflet on the inside of the case!!

(ok so im not really pissed off, but irritated, and a bit confused why a DVD would still come with a blu ray :/)

LOL! If its any consolation I did the same thing, but luckily I noticed when I stuck it in the PS3 and the DVD logo was showing up instead of the Skyfall one.

I don't know when I'll ever watch the DVD to be honest, I've got the digital copy to watch on the laptop if I'm on the move

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 9407
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/3/2013 1:45:35 PM   
Chief

I've just received a work related email with four smiley faces in it. From a grown man.

Four smiley faces. Two in the subject line alone.

Fucking idiot.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9408
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/3/2013 1:51:30 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

LOL! If its any consolation I did the same thing, but luckily I noticed when I stuck it in the PS3 and the DVD logo was showing up instead of the Skyfall one.

I don't know when I'll ever watch the DVD to be honest, I've got the digital copy to watch on the laptop if I'm on the move

I've just been talking to my brother who mentioned in passing that my nephew's PS3 was in the living room because they'd been watching Skyfall. He hadn't bothered reading the case I sent him stating it was a triple play, or noticed the bleedin' DVD was in it.

And they are a case in point why - an awful lot of people still don't have BR players as such AND, even if they do, they'll probably just have one. The single triple play means more cost for DVD users and more profit for distributors. Horrid people.

quote:

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9409
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/3/2013 2:00:04 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

in the sitting room we have a large foot stool (or pouffe, if you will), that I've been using when sitting on the couch, as it's been much more comfortable for me. It's really large and is heavy to move. And yet because my mum is so anal about house keeping, instead of leaving it by the couch for me, she moves it back to where it usually sits under the window every night. Meaning I have to drag this thing myself in the morning, and my body is still super weak. It knocks the breath out of me doing this simple task.

The moral of this story is that you shouldn't waste time trying to pull a pouffe, even if you do get short of breath and weak at the knees as a result.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9410
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/3/2013 8:27:09 PM   
Hood_Man

I finished work at half 7, waited at the bus stop for my bus which went right past me,.and seconds before THIS bus showed up so did a colleague of mine who finished at 8.

Livid.

And that little kid who rode past me on his bike and yelped WOAH! to try to startle me (and he bloody did and all), is going to wake up in a gingerbread house owned by a witch.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 9411
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/3/2013 12:52:18 PM   
Shifty Bench

My fecking back has gone! It has been fine for ages but today it buckled when I was going to the shop. I nearly collapsed, it was that sore. I'm now lying on my bed and can hardly move

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9412
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/3/2013 2:35:34 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I've just received a work related email with four smiley faces in it. From a grown man.

Fucking idiot.

This keeps making me laugh. I love the sheer disdain. I'd probably feel the same way to be fair.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9413
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/3/2013 3:26:17 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Fucking idiot.

This keeps making me laugh. I love the sheer disdain. I'd probably feel the same way to be fair.

I had a good chuckle at that too. How does one even cram two smilies into a subject line?!

Overuse of smilies is a pet hate of mine, as is overuse of exclamation/question marks - like this!!!!??!?!?!!!!??! And don't start me on the schizophrenic ordering. There are Heads of Department at my work who punctuate this ffs.

Next in my manual of unforgivable communication sins is wanton use of abbreviations like LOL, LMAO and - I can nearly bring myself to type it - ROTFLMFAO, etc. Usually in a context like this:

"OMGEE my cat just pooped and a bit fell out da litter tray ROTFLMFAO!!!!?!?!?!????!!! "

If you are rolling on the floor laughing at cat shit then frankly you are just one step away from flinging it at yourself.

Finally, and arguably worst, is people who EMAIL in TXT SPK. Especially at work.

"Hey cud u fwd me the last rprt frm Mrktng?!?!?!?!?!?!? Thnx I O U 1 LOLZER!!!!!! "

Gee I don't know, could you forward me the missing vowels from your email?

(Yeah, I have a lot of impotent rage simmering just below the surface.)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

My fecking back has gone! It has been fine for ages but today it buckled when I was going to the shop. I nearly collapsed, it was that sore. I'm now lying on my bed and can hardly move

My back is seriously fucked at the moment too, so if it's any shred of comfort, you ain't alone. I too am sprawled supine on my bed, cursing my rotten skeleton. And I'm going to have to somehow force myself to the shops later, which should be fun!

Harrumph.

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9414
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/3/2013 6:49:41 PM   
Hood_Man

I've just had a really nice afternoon with a mate I haven't seen in almost 3 years. He was filming a rugby match so I went to help him film it, which is something I haven't done in almost as long as well, and we had a really nice catch up. Basically, I was in a really good mood.

Then I waited 45 minutes for a bus which drove right past me as I waved it down, and the bus driver even had the cheek to flash his lights and wave back at me. It was a 94 Bus heading into Cardiff, the stop I was at said 94 Cardiff, and he fucking waved at me.

One crappy moment in an otherwise perfect day, ugh.

Still, going out later for a mates birthday so hopefully today will end on a high.

(in reply to Cloud Cuckoo)
Post #: 9415
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/3/2013 7:35:22 PM   
sanchia

Are we soon going to hear about a rampage against bus drivers in Cardiff?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9416
RE: I am pissed off because... - 2/3/2013 8:00:04 PM   
Hood_Man

Typical, this thread goes ages without hearing a story about bus drivers and suddenly I bring two along at once.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9417
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/3/2013 1:22:08 AM   
SWOTBM

I just found out that this girl on my course, who I have a huge crush on, has a boyfriend; which is a bit of a downer. Although I do feel a little pissed off (particularly at myself for being so gullible) at the fact that she kinda led me on whilst I practically taught her the whole course for the finals.

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9418
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/3/2013 9:13:57 AM   
sanchia

Been there (not with that particular girl).

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 9419
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/3/2013 1:25:14 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Just found out Stoker doesn't come out in Australia until August.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9420
Page:   <<   < prev  312 313 [314] 315 316   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  312 313 [314] 315 316   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI