Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  310 311 [312] 313 314   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/2/2013 1:53:20 PM   
Hood_Man

Hopefully he's like me and realises you're frustrated with the situation rather than him. I've had a dozen angry people today and it's water off a ducks back. Surprisingly.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 9331
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/2/2013 1:54:02 PM   
MonsterCat

I never said I was a decent and generous guy. Let's not get crazy here.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9332
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/2/2013 2:09:00 PM   
steffols

He more than likely understood why you were so frustrated and took it into consideration. People shout at me at work but I can sometimes understand why they are shouting and I try my best to calm them down rather than just getting annoyed myself. It's the people who are abusive or rude who I would rather not help.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 9333
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/2/2013 2:32:12 PM   
kumar

I broke my new years resolution of not drinking on saturday due to peer pressure. I thought I was stronger willed!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9334
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/2/2013 8:08:34 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

^ That, I think.

He's on Facebook still being angry and posting pictures of horses, though.

He de-friended my and another female board member for reason's that totally escape us.

How very very strange.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 9335
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/2/2013 9:47:30 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

quote:

^ That, I think.

He de-friended my and another female board member for reason's that totally escape us.

How very very strange.

I feel like I'm being mocked,

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 9336
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/2/2013 11:44:11 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

^ That, I think.

How very very strange.

Honestly wasn't mocking anyone, Harls - I was just taken slightly aback that he would delete you two from his FB list.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 9337
RE: I am pissed off because... - 5/2/2013 12:52:48 AM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

^ That, I think.

How very very strange.

Honestly wasn't mocking anyone, Harls - I was just taken slightly aback that he would delete you two from his FB list.

I don't mind if you were, I've been here long enough I know how this stuff works.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 9338
RE: I am pissed off because... - 5/2/2013 11:31:37 PM   
Ghidorah

Been susepnded over gross misconduct and will be facing a hearing in a matter of days.

The problem is the way I am treated over this petty incident. I understood I had put my health at minor risk but they are making a big deal out of it and thanks to that I got a leg to stand on. However if I'm successful I will hand in my notice.

Post #: 9339
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/2/2013 3:53:10 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

Been susepnded over gross misconduct and will be facing a hearing in a matter of days.

The problem is the way I am treated over this petty incident. I understood I had put my health at minor risk but they are making a big deal out of it and thanks to that I got a leg to stand on. However if I'm successful I will hand in my notice.

Ouch!

Whadya do?

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9340
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/2/2013 6:26:23 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

Ouch!

Whadya do?

Climbed up onto a piece of equipment and unjammed it. There was no other way of gaining access to the back of the panel thanks to multiple permanent obstructions. It also haven't been maintained for months since the access been blocked.

So if I'm lucky I will be handing in my notice.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 9341
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/2/2013 7:51:57 AM   
steffols

Pissed off doesn't even cover it!

I was woken up at 8.20 on Monday morning by workmen in the maisonette joined on to the back of our building dragging everything out including the radiators and a bath according to whats lying in my back garden. My other half went down and spoke to them but apparently they are allowed to start at that time. Fair enough I thought. It's early for me but it's not early for everyone and I managed to get some extra sleep anyway.

THIS MORNING HOWEVER.
I was enjoying my sleep as I knew I was up at 8 for work. My other half was out the door by 5.30 this morning so I had the warm bed to myself and I was having such a nice sleep, it wasn't going to bother me that I was up at 8. Until the workmen WOKE ME UP at 7.23 banging the absolutely shit out of maisonette again! What I didn't know was the maisonette and our flat must have adjoining walls at the bathroom as that was were they were hurtling their hammers and I swear to god you would have thought they were coming through the wall.

I don't get angry at a lot of people, I'm quite a quiet person when it comes to rage but this morning was enough. I stormed down and waited five minutes before a confused workman in a stupid hat answered the door and I shouted in his face 'Do you really think thats acceptable to start that sort of work at half seven in the morning?' Well wouldn't you know! They are allowed to start that early as well! Aye right, you are mate. It's noisy disruptive work even if he doesn't think and it woke me up!

I'm so so pissed off. What a great way to start the morning.

< Message edited by steffols -- 7/2/2013 7:52:55 AM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 9342
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/2/2013 8:55:10 AM   
elab49

Next question - WHO says they're allowed to start work that early. I didn't think most local byelaws allowed it before 8am, unless it was stuff like the railway.

If they can't answer, talk to local council and tell them you're going to be doing it. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9343
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/2/2013 8:56:23 AM   
Shifty Bench

I think they can legally start at 7am but some don't until 8am. My local council don't start work until 8am and I've seen them sit outside in their van from 7.45 to 8am eating their breakfast before starting.

EDIT: Maybe it's a local council thing.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 7/2/2013 9:00:48 AM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9344
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/2/2013 9:08:27 AM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Next question - WHO says they're allowed to start work that early. I didn't think most local byelaws allowed it before 8am, unless it was stuff like the railway.

If they can't answer, talk to local council and tell them you're going to be doing it.

I think it might be private work. A lot of the flats in the block are privately owned. We're going to have a word with our downstairs neighbour later, she seems to know the other owners and I think she knows who owns the maisonette. Then I think we will try to have a word with the owners.

Another thing that annoyed me was that we had no warning this work was being done. It's probably not law or anything to inform people but we share a wall and this work is incredibly loud. Just a chap on the door to let us know this work was going to be happening would have been nice - not finding out at 8.20 on a Monday morning.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9345
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/2/2013 10:28:26 AM   
elab49

Noise laws still apply to them, privately owned or not. So it's worth talking to your council to see if there are any local rules that do apply.

Simple decency should have seen the people arranging the work at least notify others in the building.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9346
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/2/2013 10:55:39 AM   
Rebenectomy

So after having an appointment with the midwife booked for a month, I hall my ass out of bed yesterday on my day off , get to the surgery for 9am, and check in using the auto service. After half an our waiting in the designated area, I check with reception as to the delay, only to be told she's not in and I should have been contacted. Well I wasn't, and still haven't been a day later, for an alternative. No offer of an apology or attempts to deal with the problem there and then I just have to wait until they get around to phoning me.

< Message edited by Rebenectomy -- 7/2/2013 10:56:47 AM >

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9347
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/2/2013 5:47:59 PM   
matty_b

After a software failure at work, I've had bugger all to do for the last four hours.

Granted, it was quite cool at first to have nothing to do, but it got pretty fucking boring pretty fucking quickly.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 9348
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/2/2013 9:00:28 PM   
Hood_Man

I'm pissed off because I had to spend 40 to get a locksmith to let me into my flat, as I brought the wrong keys out with me today (not NO keys, WRONG keys!)

I'm alarmed because he opened it with a piece of paper

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9349
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/2/2013 10:40:59 AM   
matty_b

..aaaaand the software problem is still not fixed.

And my emails are being ignored.

Magic.

quote:

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9350
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/2/2013 6:41:56 PM   
sanchia

New processes at work. The old process, four could be processed in about ten minutes. The new process four in about forty minutes. The amount of time we are allowed to carry out the process, still the first one.

Also an expectation to explain to the punters how to do certain things in detail when we have received no training in how to do it and in fact they probably know more about it than us.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 8/2/2013 6:43:04 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9351
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/2/2013 11:33:10 AM   
matty_b

HMRC. Yet another bill for tax credits they've overpayed.

I would be quite happy to see that institution burn to the ground right now.

quote:

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9352
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/2/2013 2:59:32 PM   
Hood_Man

Well I'll probably be fired over that call, but frankly I had no idea what I was doing and there was no one to help me.

Go team.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9353
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/2/2013 2:39:32 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

The incredible Frank Ocean goes up to receive his Grammy, gets a standing ovation from everybody minus Chris "I'm human garbage" Brown. Wow.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9354
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/2/2013 7:12:39 AM   
sanchia

Brown is generally beneath contempt. He is not worth even getting worked up about because he is such a nothing (unless you are a weird 15 year old who thinks being beaten up is a sign of love ).

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 9355
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/2/2013 3:21:40 PM   
Harley Quinn

I despise Chris Brown.

I am furious. My lovely Step-dad has had surgery for cancer which didn't go anywhere near as well as we hoped.

My Brother in law, my niece and myself all have flu. Yesterday morning I got out of bed to Check how my Step-dad was doing and discovered my Brother in Law was still in bed leaving my Mum dealing with my seriously ill Step-dad and my poorly niece. So even though I was ill I stayed up to give my Mum a hand expecting my sister to say something to my Brother in Law when she got home from work. Did she? Did she fuck. So today my Brother in Law manages to get out of bed and lays on the sofa under a quilt again leaving my Mum to deal with his sick daughter and my ill Step-dad. I'm almost over the flu it's gone to my chest (but I expected that being asthmatic) I've had to go out to run errands today so not been about today. He caught the flu 3 day's before me so should be up and about and he shouldn't be letting my Mum look after his daughter when she's worried about her seriously ill husband.

My Mum doesn't want to say anything to my Brother in law or sister as she's got more important things to worry about but she won't let me either.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9356
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/2/2013 3:24:16 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

The incredible Frank Ocean goes up to receive his Grammy, gets a standing ovation from everybody minus Chris "I'm human garbage" Brown. Wow.

Looks like the bloke a couple of seats away is going *cough"wanker*cough*

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 9357
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/2/2013 3:27:38 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

Looks like the bloke a couple of seats away is going *cough"wanker*cough*

I quite like the look Adele is giving Brown, especially when coupled with that photo of her yelling at him afterwards.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 9358
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/2/2013 3:44:21 PM   
MonsterCat

Chris Brown leads a charmed life in the sense that's he's a vile misogynist who has no problem with beating up women, and yet he's repeatedly given more chances than he actually deserves, sells millions of albums worldwide, has an army of fans who love him unconditionally, plays sold out gigs and gets to date a gorgeous woman.

It's mind-blowing. He truly is a cunt of the highest order.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 9359
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/2/2013 3:46:42 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I'm relieved that I dont know who he is.
Back under the rock I go.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 9360
Page:   <<   < prev  310 311 [312] 313 314   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  310 311 [312] 313 314   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI