Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  308 309 [310] 311 312   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 3:54:19 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

On another forum I frequent there's people on my block-list where it's been so long that I've actually forgotten why I blocked them, and their current posts don't seem too bad when I unlock them. I keep 'em blocked though, just to be on the safe side.

What is this phrase, 'another forum'?

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 9271
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 3:56:21 PM   
matty_b

Darth, you forum slut.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9272
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 4:23:31 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

See, how long did it take you to find that link, elab? I mean, as if it wasn't patently clear that it was a fake in the first place (if you're gonna make up anti-somebody stories, you should probably spell their name right ). But to actually post it as fact? It's just beyond naive.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

I'd cut the guy loose, Matty. Anyone posting pro-gun links after that kind of shooting is an attention-seeking cunt.

Aw, rawlinson - always the measured response.

Seriously, though, you do have a point about whether I need someone like that cluttering up my life. Especially considering this year I'm trying to be as annoyance-free as possible.

As long as it took to copy/paste 5 words from the letter to Google and hit the Snopes link that came up

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9273
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 4:26:01 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/david-siegel-westgate-letter-layoffs-firings-obama-win-victory-raises_n_2092582.html

Doesn't that contravene voting fraud laws of some sort? It should do.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 9274
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/1/2013 12:45:45 PM   
elab49

Dealing with an idiot at work is never easy. That's they are brittle, unpleasant, over-promoted and eager to put the boot into others to try and cover up their ignorance makes them a bloody nightmare.

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9275
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/1/2013 2:14:47 PM   
matty_b

I got to within one day of payday and I've finally fallen back into my overdraft.

Not by much, and it's been an expensive last three months or so, so I know roughly where the money's gone, but it's still annoying to have gone back into it after about two years of being clear of it.

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9276
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/1/2013 2:17:39 PM   
elab49

That just is still pretty good for January. A lot of people I know are having more problems this month, especially those paid early in December 

quote:

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9277
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/1/2013 2:19:30 PM   
matty_b

Luckily I was paid as normal for December.

I don't know, I just have random bouts of paranoia that everybody else I know has saved loads and loads of money for the future and I'm the only one who occasionally has to spend more than they earn in a particular month or two.

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9278
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/1/2013 2:55:02 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Darth, you forum slut.

People over there used to get outraged when I mentioned "my other forum", i.e. this place. I was all "But... I started off with Empire!". People are like, too possessive about forums, maaaan...

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9279
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/1/2013 4:04:55 PM   
Sway

quote:

Luckily I was paid as normal for December.

I don't know, I just have random bouts of paranoia that everybody else I know has saved loads and loads of money for the future and I'm the only one who occasionally has to spend more than they earn in a particular month or two.

I'm pretty useless with money myself. My flatmate currently owns the flat we share and I know for a fact he has savings of thousands. Knowing that always makes me feel panicky, especially since at the moment my parents are covering my rent for me while I'm out of action. Something which makes me feel even worse.

Anyway, you're not alone bud!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9280
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/1/2013 7:56:27 PM   
matty_b

When I'm dying penniless in some hovel, I'll look back at this thread for some solace in that case.

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9281
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/1/2013 7:57:47 PM   
Sway

quote:

When I'm dying penniless in some hovel, I'll look back at this thread for some solace in that case.

Aw don't be daft.

You won't have the means to look at this thread by that point.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9282
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/1/2013 8:01:07 PM   
Rhubarb

I know that other people I know are saving money and have a well planned out future and I don't. I just don't think about it. So that's my advice Mr B - stick your fingers in your ears and go "la la la I can't hear you"

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9283
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/1/2013 8:24:41 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

Aw don't be daft.

You won't have the means to look at this thread by that point.

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9284
RE: I am pissed off because... - 31/1/2013 7:59:32 PM   
Scruffybobby

Some random "roofer" is trying to get my mum to let him "repair" "damage" to the roof he "noticed" whilst he was "cleaning" the gutters. He left a card and is expecting my call. What I will do is call a guy a friend recommended to discuss having a look just in case there is a problem. The some fucking PPI claims company called I told him no and hung up, he called back, I said no again and hung up and the fucker called back a third fucking time. Aboslute twats. Why the fuck would I want to give them 30% of any payout for doing something I could do myself in 5 fucking minutes? Wankers!!!!

Rant over.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9285
RE: I am pissed off because... - 31/1/2013 8:20:17 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

Some random "roofer" is trying to get my mum to let him "repair" "damage" to the roof he "noticed" whilst he was "cleaning" the gutters. He left a card and is expecting my call. What I will do is call a guy a friend recommended to discuss having a look just in case there is a problem. The some fucking PPI claims company called I told him no and hung up, he called back, I said no again and hung up and the fucker called back a third fucking time. Aboslute twats. Why the fuck would I want to give them 30% of any payout for doing something I could do myself in 5 fucking minutes? Wankers!!!!

Rant over.

We keep getting calls from a PPI claims company too - except we've stopped answering the phone whenever they call. And yet they continue to call anyway.

I'm temporarily staying with my folks at home just now, and our number has always been ex-directory due to an incident that happened years ago. Anyway, since I've been staying here, I've been amazed at how many fucking phonecalls from call centres and other shitty companies this house gets on a daily basis. It does my bloody nut in. Especially since for the past few nights we've been eating our tea when one of them has called.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 9286
RE: I am pissed off because... - 31/1/2013 8:42:51 PM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

Rant over.

We keep getting calls from a PPI claims company too - except we've stopped answering the phone whenever they call. And yet they continue to call anyway.

I'm temporarily staying with my folks at home just now, and our number has always been ex-directory due to an incident that happened years ago. Anyway, since I've been staying here, I've been amazed at how many fucking phonecalls from call centres and other shitty companies this house gets on a daily basis. It does my bloody nut in. Especially since for the past few nights we've been eating our tea when one of them has called.

I can imagine your rage.

< Message edited by matty_b -- 31/1/2013 8:43:17 PM >

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9287
RE: I am pissed off because... - 31/1/2013 9:37:55 PM   
Scruffybobby

The really annoying thing is that as I work for a big bank in the department that deals with PPI claims I know that there is absolutely no advantage whatsoever in using one of those firms. They're just cowboys all of them. Always go direct to the Bank is my advice

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9288
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/2/2013 9:08:51 AM   
Chief

quote:

quote:

Rant over.

Sign your folks up to the Telephone Preference Service

That should stop the majority of calls and, anyone that does call you, shouldn't and you can tell them that.

< Message edited by Chief -- 1/2/2013 9:12:04 AM >

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9289
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/2/2013 9:23:01 AM   
elab49

It doesn't help much tbh - too many phone equivalent of fly tippers. There's a really dodgy call centre used by something that calls itself names like C&W Marketing which is basically shilling for a windows showroom or the like in the West of Scotland (pretend it's a discussion, pretend it's a discount). No idea why they haven't been properly done for it. And they don't give a shit about the TPS who are, frankly, useless if anyone ignores them. 

quote:

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9290
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/2/2013 9:36:36 AM   
Chief

Fair enough. Just tell them to fuck off then.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9291
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/2/2013 9:44:13 AM   
Hobbitonlass

I signed up for the TPS service and it made a massive difference. A few still got through but to be honest I don't answer my landline at all now (in fact the phone is hidden behind the TV). If it does ring I don't answer as I assume it is a cold caller. Most people now ring on mobiles (apart from my Mum who texts me telling me to ring her even though she gets free phone calls )

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9292
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/2/2013 12:31:49 PM   
Sway

quote:

quote:

I can imagine your rage.

I can't actually tell if you're being sarcastic or not!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Fair enough. Just tell them to fuck off then.

I think we've tried to, but they don't take no for an answer. I might give that TPS thing a try, see if we might have a better experience than you've had, elab.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9293
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/2/2013 12:34:53 PM   
elab49

Also, TPS can't do anything about foreign registered auto-diallers, although the numbers of those seem to have fallen.

It's worthwhile joining and I'm sure it could be worse - it just makes no difference to the ones trying it on.

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9294
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/2/2013 1:33:17 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Also, TPS can't do anything about foreign registered auto-diallers, although the numbers of those seem to have fallen.

It's worthwhile joining and I'm sure it could be worse - it just makes no difference to the ones trying it on.

Turns out our number is already registered! So you're right, it does hee-fucking-haw!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9295
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/2/2013 1:57:18 PM   
ChickMagnet

So I just get the fitness up to go back to the Gym to help with the Charity Weight Loss thing that I'm doing, start going this week and whats happened? I've injured my foot and the only way it can heal is to rest - fan-fucking-tastic!

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9296
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/2/2013 2:32:00 PM   
Hood_Man

There. Is. Never. Anyone. Available. On. The. Work. Helpline

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 9297
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/2/2013 2:47:31 PM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can imagine your rage.

Deadly serious.

You, being interupted mid-feed?

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9298
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/2/2013 6:12:32 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I can imagine your rage.

Deadly serious.

You, being interupted mid-feed?

How'd you get Sway's home video footage?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9299
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/2/2013 6:45:43 PM   
matty_b

vad3r.

quote:

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 9300
Page:   <<   < prev  308 309 [310] 311 312   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  308 309 [310] 311 312   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI