Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  307 308 [309] 310 311   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 23/1/2013 4:56:36 PM   
Rhubarb

Oh yeah, I was just saying I can imagine such a hat. I can't believe you pulling it off. Though I just saw a man wearing a fur coat and a fedora, with a bandana underneath, as if he was a LA pimp, so you know, maybe there is hope for you.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 9241
RE: I am pissed off because... - 23/1/2013 4:59:12 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Oh yeah, I was just saying I can imagine such a hat. I can't believe you pulling it off. Though I just saw a man wearing a fur coat and a fedora, with a bandana underneath, as if he was a LA pimp, so you know, maybe there is hope for you.

I think more people should adopt this look.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 9242
RE: I am pissed off because... - 23/1/2013 5:01:14 PM   
elab49

quote:

Was he singing Underneath the Arches by any chance?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 9243
RE: I am pissed off because... - 23/1/2013 5:01:45 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

Oh yeah, I was just saying I can imagine such a hat. I can't believe you pulling it off.

This may be the one that finally works, though.

I doubt it is, but hey, A MAN CAN DREAM.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 9244
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/1/2013 6:59:37 PM   
Sway

A good friend of mine, and workmate, had an interview at work today for the Assistant Manager position. Right before his interview another member of staff threw a strop over something completely unimportant and told him they'd quit if he got the job.

Totally out of order behaviour and a shitty thing to do to somebody who has spent ages prepping for a big interview. He ended up not getting the job, so the whole day was a total shitter for him. Knowing the personalities in my work, I am really pissed off for him because of the person who threw the strop, as I know exactly what they're like.

On top of that, he just found out his aunt has been diagnosed with the same thing I have, and he already lost an aunt last year to cancer.

He's one of the nicest guys you could ever know, and this evening on the phone to me he just sounded totally broken.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 9245
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/1/2013 8:09:49 PM   
Hood_Man

I bought a HD Set top box earlier, and after going through the first install options I went into the picture settings and tampered with the the 1080i/1080p settings, and now I can't see anything OR find a solution on the internet.

Turns out the only way to do a factory reset is by going through the menu. Which I can't see.

[EDIT]

Looks like I should have considered 1080p!

B'DUM'TSH!!

[EDIT 2]

Fuck it, I'll take it back tomorrow morning...

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 24/1/2013 9:43:57 PM >

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9246
RE: I am pissed off because... - 25/1/2013 10:55:27 AM   
Hood_Man

Well, after actually looking at the receipt, I can see that it's an "Exempt Item" (i.e. non returnable). I took it back anyway, trying to push my luck, but quite rightly I was refused, so instead I went to Maplin's to buy a scart lead. Thankfully it worked & I've been able to perform a factory reset, & will be able to enjoy some HD TV action (until the signal's get changed in a few years or whatever it is they're planning).

Still annoyed at a few things though. 1) The fact that I messed with the settings in the first place without thinking of the consequences (in my defence I am a film fan, & I was trying to improve picture quality, so this isn't something I'm going to stop doing unfortunately...), 2) I'm going to have another look at the returns policy later, because although I accept there are exempt items that can't be returned, I swear I didn't see anything to say that this would have been an exempt item, until I'd bought it and looked at the receipt, and 3) HOW CAN THERE NOT BE A FACTORY RESET BUTTON ON THE BOX ITSELF??

...And cleansed

Also apologies to Sway for ignoring her actual problem with my hysterical rantings (for a situation of my own making...), that sounds depressing

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9247
RE: I am pissed off because... - 25/1/2013 11:05:34 AM   
MuckyMuckMan

I'm bored shitless at work. No-one has any drawing work to give me and I'm going to struggling to fill my timesheet in this week.

My Film Collection:
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/MuckyMuckMan
Last 5 films seen
The Impossible 3.5/5
Stoker 4/5
Thor: Dark World 3.5/5
The Wolfman (1941) 4/5
All is Lost 5/5

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9248
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 10:35:46 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

No jam in my jammie Wagon Wheel.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to MuckyMuckMan)
Post #: 9249
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 10:42:17 AM   
DancingClown

Is that a euphemism...?

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 9250
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 10:47:51 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Is that a euphemism...?

Try reading it to the tune of "Ain't no cure for the summertime blues"

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 9251
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 12:25:16 PM   
matty_b

A combination of pissed off and sad, really.

A friend of mine moved to America ten years ago, but has undergone a complete transformation in his character since. Before he went, he was so laidback he was practically horizontal, but in the last few years he's really developed a stridently right-wing attitude and a real obsession with guns. He recently went to San Francisco and complained that there were too many bums who needed to get jobs. Just days after the Sandy Hook massacre, he was posting pro-gun links and whenever I called him on it, or tried to debate, he shrugged me off saying I wouldn't understand because I didn't live there. It was his birthday last week and he said that if anyone wanted to get him a present, any "cool guns" would do.

And then he posted this letter a couple of days ago -

"Dear Employees:
As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%.
But, since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead. This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go.
So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lots and found sixty 'Obama' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They voted for change......I gave it to them.
I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic."

And he put underneath, "Ooooooooh burn!"

Now, I need to stress here that I don't have any problem whatsoever with a friend of mine having different views to me. Some of my very best friends have a completely different political outlook to me - indeed, I think it's important that you always listen to those of the opposite view to yourself, because it makes you examine your own views more rigourously, I think.

But there's a genuine nasty edge to what he's saying lately, as well as a reliance on stories like the above as if a) they're real (I don't believe it for a second) and b) they've actually got some kind of insight.

So, yeah, it pisses me off that he's changed so much in a negative way, but saddens me at the same time.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 9252
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 12:28:05 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

No jam in my jammie Wagon Wheel.

I want this as my autobiography title.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 9253
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 12:35:25 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

A combination of pissed off and sad, really.

A friend of mine moved to America ten years ago, but has undergone a complete transformation in his character since. Before he went, he was so laidback he was practically horizontal, but in the last few years he's really developed a stridently right-wing attitude and a real obsession with guns. He recently went to San Francisco and complained that there were too many bums who needed to get jobs. Just days after the Sandy Hook massacre, he was posting pro-gun links and whenever I called him on it, or tried to debate, he shrugged me off saying I wouldn't understand because I didn't live there. It was his birthday last week and he said that if anyone wanted to get him a present, any "cool guns" would do.

And then he posted this letter a couple of days ago -

"Dear Employees:
As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%.
But, since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead. This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go.
So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lots and found sixty 'Obama' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They voted for change......I gave it to them.
I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic."

And he put underneath, "Ooooooooh burn!"

Now, I need to stress here that I don't have any problem whatsoever with a friend of mine having different views to me. Some of my very best friends have a completely different political outlook to me - indeed, I think it's important that you always listen to those of the opposite view to yourself, because it makes you examine your own views more rigourously, I think.

But there's a genuine nasty edge to what he's saying lately, as well as a reliance on stories like the above as if a) they're real (I don't believe it for a second) and b) they've actually got some kind of insight.

So, yeah, it pisses me off that he's changed so much in a negative way, but saddens me at the same time.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/layoff.asp

Fortunately it looks like a nutjob's wet dream and a lame attempt to do the SUn's last person to leave the country headline.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9254
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 12:56:32 PM   
rawlinson

Wasn't there actually a CEO who did threaten to fire employees if Obama was re-elected? I know it all sounds like bollocks, but I'm pretty sure they actually named the person at the time.

I know it's easy for me to say this because I don't know how close you were, but if I were you I'd cut the guy loose, Matty. Anyone posting pro-gun links after that kind of shooting is an attention-seeking cunt.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9255
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 12:57:45 PM   
rawlinson

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/david-siegel-westgate-letter-layoffs-firings-obama-win-victory-raises_n_2092582.html

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 9256
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 1:25:35 PM   
matty_b

See, how long did it take you to find that link, elab? I mean, as if it wasn't patently clear that it was a fake in the first place (if you're gonna make up anti-somebody stories, you should probably spell their name right ). But to actually post it as fact? It's just beyond naive.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

I'd cut the guy loose, Matty. Anyone posting pro-gun links after that kind of shooting is an attention-seeking cunt.

Aw, rawlinson - always the measured response.

Seriously, though, you do have a point about whether I need someone like that cluttering up my life. Especially considering this year I'm trying to be as annoyance-free as possible.

< Message edited by matty_b -- 29/1/2013 1:27:15 PM >

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 9257
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 1:30:16 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

Aw, rawlinson - always the measured response.

Seriously, though, you do have a point about whether I need someone like that cluttering up my life. Especially considering this year I'm trying to be as annoyance-free as possible.

So you'll either be quitting Empire or blocking about 10 people.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9258
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 1:31:26 PM   
matty_b

Up to eight already.

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 9259
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 1:35:27 PM   
rawlinson

It does take the edge off doesn't it? The amount of times I've started posting and then had to restrain myself from saying "You're a cunt, you've always been a cunt, you always will be a cunt, and I'm disappointed they didn't teach you that in school" has been cut down dramatically since I've started using block.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9260
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 1:40:47 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Am I reading the wrong threads? I've never wanted to block anyone on here. Except Deadites.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 9261
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 1:41:19 PM   
matty_b

It really does make the difference. I wondered if I'd actually miss seeing their comments in some weird way, but I don't at all and it's a much more pleasant place as a result.

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 9262
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 1:46:25 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

Am I reading the wrong threads? I've never wanted to block anyone on here. Except Deadites.

Yeah, but it's difficult to imagine much actually getting you into a rage.

quote:

It really does make the difference. I wondered if I'd actually miss seeing their comments in some weird way, but I don't at all and it's a much more pleasant place as a result.

Pretty much, yeah.

Post #: 9263
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 1:51:16 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

I've only ever blocked one person here and whenever I saw the old "this person is blocked" notice instead of their post I was always compelled to unblock them because I wanted to know what they were saying. Then I'd get into a rage and block them again. This process went on for a while before I just decided to stop reading their posts instead.

quote:

Up to eight already.

I wasn't aware there were that many posters still active .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9264
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 2:00:58 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

I've only ever blocked one person here and whenever I saw the old "this person is blocked" notice instead of their post I was always compelled to unblock them because I wanted to know what they were saying. Then I'd get into a rage and block them again. This process went on for a while before I just decided to stop reading their posts instead.

quote:

Up to eight already.

I already mentioned this ages ago but I've been using the block function for a long time now, and whenever I see that notice it never bothers me, infact it just reminds me that I blocked them because I think they're a twat and didn't want to read any of their gibberish.

And I'm sure my own ramblings have been blocked by several people, and it doesn't bother me.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9265
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 2:03:27 PM   
MonsterCat

I can't read any of these posts because I blocked y'all.

Thug life, bitches.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9266
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 2:06:08 PM   
DancingClown

You fascist.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 9267
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 2:08:17 PM   
MonsterCat

Reported to mods because christ your a bitch.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 9268
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 2:53:23 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

Up to eight already.

I already mentioned this ages ago but I've been using the block function for a long time now, and whenever I see that notice it never bothers me, infact it just reminds me that I blocked them because I think they're a twat and didn't want to read any of their gibberish.

And I'm sure my own ramblings have been blocked by several people, and it doesn't bother me.

That's because you're not as mental as me .

I think I used to get off at being angry or self righteous or something because try as I might I couldn't ignore them, especially whilst they were blocked. It's as if they were a forbidden fruit that had to be tasted. Once I resolved to ignore them it was, and indeed still is, easy.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 29/1/2013 3:31:22 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9269
RE: I am pissed off because... - 29/1/2013 3:51:40 PM   
Darth Marenghi

On another forum I frequent there's people on my block-list where it's been so long that I've actually forgotten why I blocked them, and their current posts don't seem too bad when I unlock them. I keep 'em blocked though, just to be on the safe side.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9270
Page:   <<   < prev  307 308 [309] 310 311   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  307 308 [309] 310 311   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI