Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  305 306 [307] 308 309   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/1/2013 9:05:43 AM   
matty_b

Fuck, that's horrible. Really, really sorry to hear that, jonson.

Fuck.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 9181
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/1/2013 9:12:56 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Got home from work last night to find the house had been burgled. Fucking bastards.
Apart from the usual shit which can be replaced (random jewellery, 3 Pandora bracelets, Ipad, Kindle, 2 laptops) there were items that can't. My Dad's watch which I had after he died, the wife's Gran's wedding ring and a Tiffany ring I bought the wife in NY on her 40th last year.
Thankfully, as we have 2 house rabbits, it could have been worse. I said to the missus the burglars could have chucked them in the AGA or something sick.
So I'm having an alarm fitted today. Stupidly, I've lived in the same small quiet village since I was born, and I have the mindset where we can leave our back doors open because life is rosy.
Like I said, the material possessions don't mean shit. I was more upset to see my teenage girls decided to top and tale in bed last night as they were scared they would come back
As Vincent Vega said, it would be worth them doing it just so I could catch the fuckers doing it.

That is fucking awful mate. Burglars are the worst sort of scum there is. Get that alarm fitted asap. Really gutted for you and your family.

I take you've got the law in to take fingerprints/ evidence and what not? I hope you catch the bastards.

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 11/1/2013 9:19:52 AM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 9182
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/1/2013 9:25:48 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Fuck, sorry to hear that jonson. Really hope they catch the wankers that did that to you and your family. I've had my car stolen before and it really fucking riles me that people think they have the right to help themselves to property that others have worked hard and saved for

Hope you're all okay!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 9183
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/1/2013 9:43:30 AM   
Chief

quote:

Got home from work last night to find the house had been burgled. Fucking bastards.
Apart from the usual shit which can be replaced (random jewellery, 3 Pandora bracelets, Ipad, Kindle, 2 laptops) there were items that can't. My Dad's watch which I had after he died, the wife's Gran's wedding ring and a Tiffany ring I bought the wife in NY on her 40th last year.
Thankfully, as we have 2 house rabbits, it could have been worse. I said to the missus the burglars could have chucked them in the AGA or something sick.
So I'm having an alarm fitted today. Stupidly, I've lived in the same small quiet village since I was born, and I have the mindset where we can leave our back doors open because life is rosy.
Like I said, the material possessions don't mean shit. I was more upset to see my teenage girls decided to top and tale in bed last night as they were scared they would come back
As Vincent Vega said, it would be worth them doing it just so I could catch the fuckers doing it.

That's really pish mate, I hope they get caught and you at least get the meaningful stuff back.

I'm pretty lax with my security too but thankfully my Mrs is paranoid enough to always make sure stuff is locked up.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 9184
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/1/2013 9:44:26 AM   
sharkboy

Sorry to hear that Jonson.  And while, as you say, it could have been worse, the loss of those items with a particular emotional meaning must hit hard.  Hopefully they'll catch the fuckers or at least manage to retrieve some of the items.  Meanwhile, get that alarm fitted ASAP and cuddle those girls.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 9185
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/1/2013 9:51:28 AM   
jonson

Thanks for the kind words all, much appreciated. Like I said, it's not the material possessions, who needs them, it's really the watch, the ring and the fact I have had scumbags riffling throughmy kids stuff (incidentally, my youngest daughter noticed they had been through her hair box - like a 3 tiered box she keeps hair nets, dancing stuff, make-up etc in. The only item they nicked was a small compact mirror! For snorting coke off according to the policeman! It just seems bizarre that they'd nick that and leave other things)
Anyway, the finger printers will be round today. The police asked me to leave the doors all open until they came round. Yeah, like i was going to leave all the doors open overnight

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 9186
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/1/2013 10:30:38 AM   
Sway

quote:

That's really shitty jonson, sorry to hear that. I've never experienced a burglarly, fortunately, but I've always thought the worst part for me would be knowing somebody had invaded my privacy and I'd probably feel the same as your daughters - scared it would happen again or the person would return. So I hope everyone is ok because I imagine the mental anguish over somebody being in your house is horrible.

And even though it is just material possessions, it's still really crap to have lost items of sentimental value. Sorry to hear about this.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 9187
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/1/2013 11:11:50 AM   
steffols

Thats horrible jonson, I'm really sorry to hear that. Even if the items weren't meaningful to you, they were still yours and someone felt they had the right to help themselves. Thats shitty.

My fiances parents have had a lot of trouble with pikeys around their area. The day my fiances grandmother died, pikeys thought it would be a fucking great idea to steal an essential part of their car (can't remember the name of the part) whilst they were parked in the hospital car park on the morning she died, as they viewed her for one last time.

His dad has also had his work Land Rover nicked from right outside the house and a few weeks ago, someone tried to steal their caravan which was parked in the drive. This happened at around 7/8pm whilst they were sat in the sitting room watching telly. The audacity of some of these pricks is astounding.

Hopefully, you will retrieve your items and you don't feel too fragile in your own home. Hugs.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9188
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/1/2013 12:45:25 PM   
Harley Quinn

So sorry Johnson I hope your girls are ok. It's an awful thing to happen and the random stuff they take astounds me. When my dad got burgled (just before Christmas a few years ago) they left mine and my sister's Sabo bracelets but took a tracksuit and left all the high end Champagne and Vodka and took a cheap bottle of scotch.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9189
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/1/2013 3:55:42 PM   
dr. salvador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr. salvador

Not really sure if I'm pissed off but I am definitely annoyed. A band I like is doing a tour and the two closest gigs to me that they are playing are at the HMV Ritz in Manchester and the Rock City in Nottingham. I should mention at this point that I'm a wheelchair user and attend gigs with my helper. Manchester would have been best but that sold out before I could find out about disabled access to the venue. So I ring up the Rock City and ask about wheelchair access which the man says they have and I buy a ticket and then e-mail them so they can finalise everything (as per his instructions).

Based on what he said I bought a ticket but have since found a few stories about how wheelchair access to the place isn't that great (it took me ages to find anything from people who had been before). I'm now slightly concerned about going to the gig and some more tickets have just gone on sale for Manchester which would have been better for me.

Nuts

As someone whose been to Nottingham Rock City many a time, I'm struggling to think where they will put a wheelchair user. I might be wrong but the only thing I can think of is that they might put you on the soundboard platform, but there isn't much room there, although you would get a great view! Otherwise, there might be space reserved for you on the balcony, but I've never seen that happen.

Manchester HMV has a much bigger balcony area, there's plenty of space up there, I've only been there once is the last 15 years but I suspect that might be a better option.

Not a definitive answer, I know, just my little opinion. Whatever, hope you have a good night, whoever you see!

I was unsure about Rock City as well but they assured me when I called that there was a wheelchair viewing area. It now turns out that there is no ramp to get in, no disabled area at all and the disabled toilet is up a flight of stairs so I obviously can't go.

As a result I have 1 gig ticket that I can't use so I'll just have to wait until the next tour. With regard to the HMV Ritz, there is no lift so wheelchair users can't get up there so I'd go on the floor somewhere (according to them).

"Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
United we stand, divided we fall.
Together we are what we can't be alone,
We came to this country, you made it our home."

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 9190
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/1/2013 4:22:42 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

As a result I have 1 gig ticket that I can't use so I'll just have to wait until the next tour.

Can you not get a refund on the basis that you were mis-sold a ticket?? That's appalling that you were specifically told there was an area when the wasn't!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to dr. salvador)
Post #: 9191
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/1/2013 5:38:01 PM   
sanchia

On the way home tonight I was waiting at a junction whilst a queue of oncoming traffic passed when the woman in the left hand drive car behind me started to sound her horn every time there was a gap of three seconds of so in the traffic flow. The is no way I am going to stupidly pull out into oncoming traffic when there is insufficient space to do so so I waited and she started beeping more. At this point I decided I was going to wait longer than i need to before pulling away and missed three spaces where I could easily have pulled away. Some people really are impatient idiots. If you are behind a car on that corner you cannot even see what is coming anyway.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 9192
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/1/2013 1:32:31 AM   
Mister Coe

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

quote:

Not really sure if I'm pissed off but I am definitely annoyed. A band I like is doing a tour and the two closest gigs to me that they are playing are at the HMV Ritz in Manchester and the Rock City in Nottingham. I should mention at this point that I'm a wheelchair user and attend gigs with my helper. Manchester would have been best but that sold out before I could find out about disabled access to the venue. So I ring up the Rock City and ask about wheelchair access which the man says they have and I buy a ticket and then e-mail them so they can finalise everything (as per his instructions).

Based on what he said I bought a ticket but have since found a few stories about how wheelchair access to the place isn't that great (it took me ages to find anything from people who had been before). I'm now slightly concerned about going to the gig and some more tickets have just gone on sale for Manchester which would have been better for me.

Nuts

As someone whose been to Nottingham Rock City many a time, I'm struggling to think where they will put a wheelchair user. I might be wrong but the only thing I can think of is that they might put you on the soundboard platform, but there isn't much room there, although you would get a great view! Otherwise, there might be space reserved for you on the balcony, but I've never seen that happen.

Manchester HMV has a much bigger balcony area, there's plenty of space up there, I've only been there once is the last 15 years but I suspect that might be a better option.

Not a definitive answer, I know, just my little opinion. Whatever, hope you have a good night, whoever you see!

I was unsure about Rock City as well but they assured me when I called that there was a wheelchair viewing area. It now turns out that there is no ramp to get in, no disabled area at all and the disabled toilet is up a flight of stairs so I obviously can't go.

As a result I have 1 gig ticket that I can't use so I'll just have to wait until the next tour. With regard to the HMV Ritz, there is no lift so wheelchair users can't get up there so I'd go on the floor somewhere (according to them).

That's a shame, but please press the staff at HMV Ritz Manchester as to what EXACTLY they mean by 'somewhere on the floor'. I've been to plenty of venues where they put wheelchair users on the platform where the technicians (lights, sounds etc) work. it's always a great vantage point! And if they seem unresponsive, you should kick up a stink about it. Seriously, mate, these places are shit-scared of being accused of discrimination!

Don't miss a really great night out!

Say what now?

(in reply to dr. salvador)
Post #: 9193
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/1/2013 11:46:56 AM   
Valanya

Some twat has decided to nick the glass out of my nearside mirror I didn't even notice until halfway through my drive to work yesterday; it made changing lanes on one of the busiest duel carriageways in Southampton more than a bit scary. Halfords had better have a replacement in stock

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 9194
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/1/2013 9:07:13 PM   
Rebenectomy

There was a bomb discovered in our street today. 12 years in this God forsaken city and I've never been so angry or depressed at the state of things.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 9195
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/1/2013 9:44:03 PM   
paul_ie86

That's fucking grim. Do they know which organisation put it there? At least they got it before anything could be done with it I guess

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 9196
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/1/2013 9:46:24 PM   
sanchia

I have a familiar pain in my left leg which is exactly the pain I had surgery to get rid of. I hope this is not something unpleasant coming back,

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 9197
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/1/2013 9:58:41 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

There was a bomb discovered in our street today. 12 years in this God forsaken city and I've never been so angry or depressed at the state of things.

Christ, and I thought my neighbourhood was bad... I know exactly what you mean, though. I've been living here for about the same period of time, it was OK before but nowadays? I got put in hospital last year in a completely random attack early one morning... got battered black and blue, some random nutter attacking me screaming I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU, YOU CUNT, blood all over the place, off work for two weeks with severe back pain because he was repeatedly kicking me in the base of my spine...

And the police response? They found him, interviewed him and let him off with a caution and not a single penny in fines, much less a court appearance, because... and this a direct quote from the police report, get ready for this...

'He said he was sorry...'

I am not making up a single word of this.

Fuck... where's Charles Bronson when you need him?

Say what now?

Post #: 9198
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/1/2013 2:27:55 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

Shit Reb hope you're OK.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

Post #: 9199
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/1/2013 6:58:13 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

That's fucking grim. Do they know which organisation put it there? At least they got it before anything could be done with it I guess

No word as yet, but I live in a pretty loyalist area and its been described as 'small but viable' so I'm thinking some knuckle dragging fleg humper planning on chucking it at police or maybe an Alliance party office. If it had been down to the other lot all hell would have broken loose by now.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 9200
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/1/2013 9:30:55 AM   
matty_b

Ergh, hate feeling like a bad parent. On Friday, Jr's class were all supposed to take in a toy that they got for Christmas - of course, between me and my wife we managed to forget.

I'm mainly blaming her () because he was staying at hers and she took him in the morning, but I still feel bad for not reminding them both. I mean, he was mostly fine about it, because they all shared toys anyway and he used one from the classroom, but I hate the thought of him being the odd one out or getting upset and I'm partly to blame.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 9201
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/1/2013 9:55:16 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

As a result I have 1 gig ticket that I can't use so I'll just have to wait until the next tour.

Can you not get a refund on the basis that you were mis-sold a ticket?? That's appalling that you were specifically told there was an area when the wasn't!

You'd be well within your rights to get a refund in this case - if not, make a lot of noises about DDA compliance and statutory duties!

Reb, that sucks - hope the wee man wasn't too upset by it all.  I saw a post on Facebook that perfectly summed up my feelings on this whole issue, that read "You are the product of 4 billion years of successful evolution.  Fucking act like it."

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 9202
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/1/2013 10:25:56 AM   
Hood_Man

I have to stay in work an extra 10 minutes today as I was 10 minutes late this morning.

Why?

Because the company shuttle bus driver NEVER arrives on time in the mornings (normally I get around this by getting there early enough to catch the one before, meaning i get to work ridiculously early, but today was the early shift so there wasn't an earlier one...), but I'm going to miss his later bus when i finish because he always leaves early in the evenings.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 9203
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/1/2013 9:26:35 AM   
DancingClown

Everyone and everything fucking me off today. Fucking hell, I'm knackered.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9204
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/1/2013 10:13:03 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Uh oh! We've raised the alert in Area 51 to (D)ef (C)on 4

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 9205
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/1/2013 11:26:30 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Uh oh! We've raised the alert in Area 51 to (D)ef (C)on 4

Hey, hey, just you see here!!! This is outrageous! I demand Def-Con 1!

Actually, I'm feeling a bit better now. Cuddles with a chubby, gap-toothed 10-month old works wonders for the soul. Still pisses me off though that I don't seem to have the time or the energy to read or write or watch films anymore. But I can't really blame the little ones as I seem to recall being significantly involved in their creation.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

Post #: 9206
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/1/2013 8:22:10 PM   
sanchia

A 23 minute commute taking 3 and 3/4 hours this evening.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 9207
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/1/2013 8:39:13 PM   
elab49

Still, at least you're home.

One of the ladies I work with was one of the people caught nearly overnight on the road out to Cumbernauld when Glasgow had unexpected snow a couple of years ago. She was one of the lucky ones as she finally got as far as somewhere she decided she could risk turning off.It's scary stuff. I got a ton of stuff from Evacq8 for the car after that,

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9208
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/1/2013 9:35:37 PM   
sanchia

I have two self heating food packs, a sleeping bag, a bottle of water and a folding shovel in my boot ready for use. Today is the first time I thought I may have required to use it.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9209
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/1/2013 12:05:11 PM   
MOTH

...I never, ever watch The Nolan Show on BBC NI, but last night was all about the 'fleg issue' and I swear to God, the numpties they had in the audience beggared belief. It was like a collective Howard Johnson from Blazing Saddles, all shouting "Raraarrerar" because they couldn't articulate their views. It was funny, then annoying, then depressing, then I realised I'd watched the whole fecking thing. Gah!

I've only gone and set up a blog! This week I've been mostly reviewing The Lego Movie and Wadjda. Click: The Fast Picture Show

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9210
Page:   <<   < prev  305 306 [307] 308 309   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  305 306 [307] 308 309   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI