Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  304 305 [306] 307 308   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/12/2012 9:53:45 AM   
homersimpson_esq

I like that it has taken five days for people to be pissed off after Christmas.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9151
RE: I am pissed off because... - 30/12/2012 11:59:37 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Trying to place an order on the Warner Bros website. The confirmation page keeps coming up and saying there's a problem, and contacting them via the help page, the message won't send. I really dolt fancy a long involved phone call to the US.

< Message edited by Gimli The Dwarf -- 31/12/2012 2:02:16 AM >

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 9152
RE: I am pissed off because... - 1/1/2013 10:57:17 PM   
steffols

Seen on Facebook last night that one of my supervisors at work has booked next Christmas and New Year off to go home to Malaysia.

Funny how when I went into to ask personnel about getting it off, my manager was also in the office and overheard everything. I have a funny feeling shes told the supervisor to put her request in before me so she will get it. Now annoyed and scared I won't get it after being told I would and getting all excited over it.

I hate my work. Honestly, I feel like I get bullied by the management there because they just don't like me. I'm dying to leave.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 9153
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/1/2013 5:28:43 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

This poster

Why De Niro? Why are you doing this to me? I feel like a need a strong drink and a rewatch of King Of Comedy or Taxi Driver right now.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9154
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/1/2013 7:38:46 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Of all the films that he has made since 1998, THIS is the straw that breaks the camel's back? Not Rocky and Bullwinkle? Or [any film since then]?

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 9155
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/1/2013 7:53:35 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Of all the films that he has made since 1998, THIS is the straw that breaks the camel's back? Not Rocky and Bullwinkle? Or [any film since then]?

He's been a continuing disappointment for awhile now, this poster just reminded me

Post #: 9156
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/1/2013 7:56:33 AM   
homersimpson_esq

To be fair to him, he did the serious actor thing. He's clearly just having fun now. Nobody can consistently make such bad decisions, right? Right?

Right?

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 9157
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/1/2013 8:18:10 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

To be fair to him, he did the serious actor thing. He's clearly just having fun now. Nobody can consistently make such bad decisions, right? Right?

Right?

There's a fine line between doing movies for fun (Meet The Parents) and just choosing flat-out bad roles (De Niro and Pacino in Righteous Kill). Although I still haven't seen Silver Linings Playbook..

Post #: 9158
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/1/2013 9:40:41 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!
Although I still haven't seen Silver Linings Playbook..

It's excellent. Although, like Stardust, the quality of the film really has nothing to do with De Niro's involvement. You could replace De Niro and it would still be an excellent film.

De Niro was once one of my favourite actors. De Niro (1973 - 1998) is one of my favourite actors.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 9159
RE: I am pissed off because... - 3/1/2013 9:56:04 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!
Although I still haven't seen Silver Linings Playbook..

It's excellent. Although, like Stardust, the quality of the film really has nothing to do with De Niro's involvement. You could replace De Niro and it would still be an excellent film.

De Niro was once one of my favourite actors. De Niro (1973 - 1998) is one of my favourite actors.

He'll always be a favourite for me, regardless of his later trangressions.

Post #: 9160
RE: I am pissed off because... - 4/1/2013 10:17:13 AM   
steffols

People who update their facebook status an excessive amount.

Pregnant girl on my facebook updates hers about 12 times a day with the latest goings on in her stomach. Shes now two weeks overdue and and I'm so sick of hearing about this baby. She posts about plugs, about discharge, about mucus, about pessaries. She doesn't stop saying disgusting things! From what I gather from her latest 'CONTRACTIONS SUCK!!!!' status, shes now in labour. Where is she finding the time in between giving birth to update her status? People like her can just fuck off.

Saying that though, I can't unfriend her as shes the best person to get annoyed about. You know when you enjoy being annoyed by someone? Its that. SO annoying.

EDIT:
She gave birth 25 minutes ago. I know this because she just updated her status.

< Message edited by steffols -- 4/1/2013 11:10:51 AM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

Post #: 9161
RE: I am pissed off because... - 5/1/2013 11:18:42 AM   
matty_b

I'm pretty sure we've all got at least one Facebook friend like that, stef.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll be back into my overdraft by the end of the month. Not by much, and the last few months have been pretty expensive (birthdays, then Christmas, then other stuff needed paying that was unavoidable like a big energy bill), so I know where the money's gone and I'm pretty confident I can start saving again, but it's still annoying.

Still, I guess that's what you save money for in the first place, isn't it? Rainy days and all that shit.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9162
RE: I am pissed off because... - 5/1/2013 12:49:05 PM   
elab49

My work paid the Jan salary on the 21st of December - I think quite a few people will be in trouble by the end of January, so it seems a bit of a dubious decision.

My old work used to allow people to take up to a certain percentage of their Jan salary before Xmas, but they at least limited it a bit. Even with that they eventually stopped because they were getting a lot of requests for help with salary advances by the end of the next month.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9163
RE: I am pissed off because... - 5/1/2013 5:25:26 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

My work paid the Jan salary on the 21st of December - I think quite a few people will be in trouble by the end of January, so it seems a bit of a dubious decision.

Snap. We normally get paid on 27th of the month but in Dec got paid on 21st. It's going to be a loooooong month!! Thankfully I have no birthdays in Jan! Will be a frugal month.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9164
RE: I am pissed off because... - 5/1/2013 5:32:24 PM   
Rinc

6 weeks between paydays for me. In between that is Christmas, a wedding, mum's birthday and two very close friends' birthdays. Bugger.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 9165
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/1/2013 2:31:24 PM   
sanchia

Not so much pissed off but incredulous. Visibility in the fog here is down to about 70 metres at best and it appears that three out of every ten cars I passed did not have lights on, a further three only had side lights on (and most of those only appear to have one side light working) and of the rest only one had any fog lights on. What is going on with common sense and driving nowadays?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 9166
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/1/2013 6:36:42 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Time for the annual post-Christmas clearout. So many books going bye-bye

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9167
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/1/2013 8:05:52 AM   
matty_b

Someone I know on Facebook who's very pro-gun posted this story - http://tnsmartgirl.com/2013/01/06/school-shooting-in-tennessee-that-national-media-did-not-report/ - with a sneery, "So, is Obama going to take away the guns in this area?" comment.

At what point does the fact that the police officer had to shoot a guy BECAUSE HE WAS ABOUT TO ENTER A SCHOOL WITH A GUN not strike him as being the point of the whole debate?

quote:

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 9168
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/1/2013 10:33:13 AM   
DancingClown

It really fucks me off when people - especially certain relatives (by marriage) - claim to know more about my own children than I do!

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9169
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/1/2013 6:43:56 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Someone I know on Facebook who's very pro-gun posted this story - http://tnsmartgirl.com/2013/01/06/school-shooting-in-tennessee-that-national-media-did-not-report/ - with a sneery, "So, is Obama going to take away the guns in this area?" comment.

At what point does the fact that the police officer had to shoot a guy BECAUSE HE WAS ABOUT TO ENTER A SCHOOL WITH A GUN not strike him as being the point of the whole debate?

I see that all comments posted on there are moderated so that anything which disagrees with them is not posted, hence the mass of gun masturbation going on in the comments.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9170
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/1/2013 4:12:21 PM   
dr. salvador

Not really sure if I'm pissed off but I am definitely annoyed. A band I like is doing a tour and the two closest gigs to me that they are playing are at the HMV Ritz in Manchester and the Rock City in Nottingham. I should mention at this point that I'm a wheelchair user and attend gigs with my helper. Manchester would have been best but that sold out before I could find out about disabled access to the venue. So I ring up the Rock City and ask about wheelchair access which the man says they have and I buy a ticket and then e-mail them so they can finalise everything (as per his instructions).

Based on what he said I bought a ticket but have since found a few stories about how wheelchair access to the place isn't that great (it took me ages to find anything from people who had been before). I'm now slightly concerned about going to the gig and some more tickets have just gone on sale for Manchester which would have been better for me.

Nuts

"Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
United we stand, divided we fall.
Together we are what we can't be alone,
We came to this country, you made it our home."

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9171
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/1/2013 6:43:05 PM   
Scruffybobby

I'm having to pay 50 excess on my mobile insurance to have my phone fixed.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to dr. salvador)
Post #: 9172
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/1/2013 8:35:52 PM   
sanchia

Dental floss decided to fray and break whilst I was using it. I now have little bits of dental floss stuck between my teeth and trying to floss it makes it worse. My teeth feel all wrong.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 9173
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/1/2013 1:53:11 PM   
Harley Quinn

2013 can just fuck off! After two truly horrific shitty years it looks like 2013 will be just as bad. My sister spent the new year in hospital with Pneumonia my step-dad has been diagnosed with cancer and we're only 10 days into the year.

Would love just a little bit of good news or luck.

< Message edited by Harley Quinn -- 10/1/2013 7:16:06 PM >

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9174
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/1/2013 6:53:49 PM   
matty_b

Very sorry to hear that, Harley.

quote:

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 9175
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/1/2013 7:16:50 PM   
Harley Quinn

Cheers Matty!

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9176
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/1/2013 9:07:37 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn

2013 can just fuck off! After two truly horrific shitty years it looks like 2013 will be just as bad. My sister spent the new year in hospital with Pneumonia my step-dad has been diagnosed with cancer and we're only 10 days into the year.

Would love just a little bit of good news or luck.

Sounds like my last two Christmases. Isn't it so wierd how bad shit seems to come along all at the same time?

Looks like my 2013 is going the same way for various reasons that I won't bore you with. Aw, fuck it. Let's do the best we can with what we have.

Say what now?

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 9177
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/1/2013 9:11:00 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr. salvador

Not really sure if I'm pissed off but I am definitely annoyed. A band I like is doing a tour and the two closest gigs to me that they are playing are at the HMV Ritz in Manchester and the Rock City in Nottingham. I should mention at this point that I'm a wheelchair user and attend gigs with my helper. Manchester would have been best but that sold out before I could find out about disabled access to the venue. So I ring up the Rock City and ask about wheelchair access which the man says they have and I buy a ticket and then e-mail them so they can finalise everything (as per his instructions).

Based on what he said I bought a ticket but have since found a few stories about how wheelchair access to the place isn't that great (it took me ages to find anything from people who had been before). I'm now slightly concerned about going to the gig and some more tickets have just gone on sale for Manchester which would have been better for me.

Nuts

Any chance you can visit the venue beforehand to check it out?

quote:

Post #: 9178
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/1/2013 10:13:49 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr. salvador

Nuts

As someone whose been to Nottingham Rock City many a time, I'm struggling to think where they will put a wheelchair user. I might be wrong but the only thing I can think of is that they might put you on the soundboard platform, but there isn't much room there, although you would get a great view! Otherwise, there might be space reserved for you on the balcony, but I've never seen that happen.

Manchester HMV has a much bigger balcony area, there's plenty of space up there, I've only been there once is the last 15 years but I suspect that might be a better option.

Not a definitive answer, I know, just my little opinion. Whatever, hope you have a good night, whoever you see!

Say what now?

Post #: 9179
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/1/2013 9:02:28 AM   
jonson

Got home from work last night to find the house had been burgled. Fucking bastards.
Apart from the usual shit which can be replaced (random jewellery, 3 Pandora bracelets, Ipad, Kindle, 2 laptops) there were items that can't. My Dad's watch which I had after he died, the wife's Gran's wedding ring and a Tiffany ring I bought the wife in NY on her 40th last year.
Thankfully, as we have 2 house rabbits, it could have been worse. I said to the missus the burglars could have chucked them in the AGA or something sick.
So I'm having an alarm fitted today. Stupidly, I've lived in the same small quiet village since I was born, and I have the mindset where we can leave our back doors open because life is rosy.
Like I said, the material possessions don't mean shit. I was more upset to see my teenage girls decided to top and tale in bed last night as they were scared they would come back
As Vincent Vega said, it would be worth them doing it just so I could catch the fuckers doing it.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 9180
Page:   <<   < prev  304 305 [306] 307 308   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  304 305 [306] 307 308   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI