Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  301 302 [303] 304 305   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/12/2012 10:49:20 PM   
indysgill

I had to search for tragus, was that not painful?

I was pissed of due to not one, but two buses not turning up today making me late for work and therefore being docked some pay.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9061
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/12/2012 11:36:35 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

I may actually have to stick the definition of tragus in my signature given how often this seems to come up!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 9062
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/12/2012 7:08:32 AM   
sanchia

Better than a punch to the philtrum.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 9063
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/12/2012 10:18:56 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

I may actually have to stick the definition of tragus in my signature given how often this seems to come up!

Indy, after about 5 times of having them done, it doesn't seem any more or less painful than any other piercing.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 9064
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/12/2012 11:53:40 AM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

Indy, after about 5 times of having them done, it doesn't seem any more or less painful than any other piercing.

I think its because that part is hard and almost bony that makes me wince when people say they have it pierced.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9065
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/12/2012 12:11:34 PM   
Sway

quote:

I think its because that part is hard and almost bony that makes me wince when people say they have it pierced.

I think I was probably dubious before I first got it done for the same reasons, but it's not as bad as you'd think. I was more worried when I got my snug pierced as that's really hard cartilage, but again it was ok.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 9066
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/12/2012 7:31:18 PM   
steffols

Speaking to my mum and hearing how thick her voice is from crying all day. One minute, she has a job, next thing shes a 52 year old woman with 34 years in the same job and out on her ear. I just want to give her a cuddle so much. It's been such a hard week for her and just before Christmas as well.

I've arranged for her to receive a basket of flowers tomorrow morning to cheer her up a bit. Doubt it will do much good, but I'm trying.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 9067
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/12/2012 9:25:35 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

Speaking to my mum and hearing how thick her voice is from crying all day. One minute, she has a job, next thing shes a 52 year old woman with 34 years in the same job and out on her ear. I just want to give her a cuddle so much. It's been such a hard week for her and just before Christmas as well.

I've arranged for her to receive a basket of flowers tomorrow morning to cheer her up a bit. Doubt it will do much good, but I'm trying.

That's a shame. I'd hate to be out of work and I'm only 31.

Not to be too nosey but did she get a redundancy package? She shouldn't be too disheartened though. My step-mum was 60 when she sold her business and started having to look for work. She got offered two jobs at once beating a lot of younger candidates. She had to refuse one of them and now works at Asda and bloody loves it, more of a social event for her than anything.

I think, depending on the role, older people are considered more reliable and less likely to fuck employers about.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9068
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/12/2012 9:29:49 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

Not to be too nosey but did she get a redundancy package? She shouldn't be too disheartened though. My step-mum was 60 when she sold her business and started having to look for work. She got offered two jobs at once beating a lot of younger candidates. She had to refuse one of them and now works at Asda and bloody loves it, more of a social event for her than anything.

I think, depending on the role, older people are considered more reliable and less likely to fuck employers about.

Tesco and B&Q seems to be the standards there. And they get the value of it too.

Are you going home for Xmas Steffols?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9069
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/12/2012 11:29:55 AM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

Tesco and B&Q seems to be the standards there. And they get the value of it too.

Are you going home for Xmas Steffols?

I'm confident she will find something. As you say Chief, employers aren't as wary of older employees as they maybe once were. I think it's just so hard for her to do anything, shes crying so much right now. She will be ok though, surprisingly, me and my gran both suffer from depression but as far as I know, my mum never has, she must be made of sterner stuff! Yeah, she got a redundancy of 20grand but they capped the redundancy at 20 years so the last 14 years she worked, she has been given no redundancy. It's a kick in the teeth really, for someone whos given their working life to the company.

I tried to make her feel better last night by telling her that any supermarket or butchers would take her on on their meat counter as she has proficient knowledge of food safety and hygiene. Trying to keep her positive about her choices. Shes 52 but thats still young and shes got more energy in her than some people 20 years younger, so yeah, I'm confident she won't be lost.

Unfortunately, I'm not Elab. My work won't allow me to have the Christmas period off. Although I found out a few weeks ago that they allow it for special reasons, and apparently, me wanting to go home for Christmas wouldn't be a problem. I wish I had known that earlier, as right now, its really killing me not being there for my family. I'm really not looking forward to Christmas that much now.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9070
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/12/2012 9:20:23 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Whilst most of my friends & seemingly the rest of the world enjoy their various Christmas night outs over the weekend, I'll be at home writing a dissertation.

I'll be making up for it next weekend though - that's a promise!

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9071
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/12/2012 9:24:20 PM   
elab49

I missed the work do to go and see The Hobbit - I'd booked the two days off long before the do was arranged 

quote:

Unfortunately, I'm not Elab. My work won't allow me to have the Christmas period off. Although I found out a few weeks ago that they allow it for special reasons, and apparently, me wanting to go home for Christmas wouldn't be a problem. I wish I had known that earlier, as right now, its really killing me not being there for my family. I'm really not looking forward to Christmas that much now.

That is a bummer. At least your mum knows you're there at the end of a phone. Can she Skype, maybe?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 9072
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/12/2012 2:10:39 PM   
sanchia

I just borrowed my dads water compressor so I can clean my car. He forgot to tell me that the hose slips off quite often when moving it and that there is a leak in the handle so as soon as you pull the trigger a high pressure stream of water flies back at you unless you have your thumb in a particular place. At least I had the forethough to wear a long waterproof jacket so that I am only wet from the right knee down (and with a need to empty my left wellington) rather than totally soaked.

Not so much pissed off as "oh you!".

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9073
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/12/2012 2:12:33 PM   
elab49

On the bright side it's not quite freezing anymore so you should escape double pneumonia at least 

quote:

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9074
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/12/2012 2:17:27 PM   
sanchia

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9075
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/12/2012 1:40:50 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Fuck sake.

The guy three doors down from us (who is a Karate instructor and a driving instructor) is a proper cunt when it comes to parking in our street, to the extent that he's got three impending court cases for threatening behaviour (all of which are parking related and well out of order and he's genuinely looking at losing his license to teach karate to kids because he threatened a mother in front of her children, despite her having permission to park where she was off the council). Anyway, he came up with an idea, a good one to be honest, that everybody in the street parks diagonally which does actually help with the prety congested parking in the street. The problem is that we live at the end of the row, and there's a wall directly behind where we park so basically if we park diagonally we're actually impeding on the parking spaces next to us. This would be apparent to the stupidest of morons but despite that he's had a few words with the wife before about it (not while I'm about though).

Anyway, to cut to the chase. I was on my way home from a night out with work and as I was passing his house he was in the middle of parking. When he saw me he came out of his car to start to have a go at me about my wife's parking. Now I'm not a violent man, genuinely I'm not despite the fact I can look after myself, but I can be pretty intimidating when I want to so I basically had to tell him, at the end of a pretty extreme diatribe by him, that if he ever talked to me or my wife about the parking situation again then the paramedics would need a bucket and spade to get him in the back of the ambulance. I've honestly never seen anyone wilt so quickly in my life but I really feel like a cunt now. I honestly don't like to resort to violence, or even the threat of it because there's always the chance you'll have to follow it through, but the guy seriously doesn't seem to be able to respond to anything else.

What pisses me off the most is that after over 3 years of his bollocks I was nearly egging him on to continue just so I could leather the fucker. This is why I rarely drink, I'm easily led into some prety shitty situations. So basically despite me feeling like I was totally in the right I'm the one that's left feeling like a twat whilst I bet the fucking twat three doors down will sleep like a baby tonight.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9076
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/12/2012 1:45:18 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Fuck sake.

The guy three doors down from us (who is a Karate instructor and a driving instructor)is a proper cunt when it comes to parking in our street, to the extent that he's got three impending court cases for threatening behaviour (all of which are parking related and well out of order and he's genuinely looking at losing his license to teach karate to kids because he threatened a mother in front of her children, despite her having permission to park where she was off the council). Anyway, he came up with an idea, a good one to be honest, that everybody in the street parks diagonally which does actually help with the prety congested parking in the street. The problem is that we live at the end of the row, and there's a wall directly behind where we park so basically if we park diagonally we're actually impeding on the parking spaces next to us. This would be apparent to the stupidest of morons but despite that he's had a few words with the wife before about it(not while I'm about though).

Anyway, to cut to the chase. I was on my way home from a night out with work and as I was passing his house he was in the middle of parking. When he saw me he came out of his car to start to have a go at me about my wife's parking. Now I'm not a violent man, genuinely I'm not despite the fact I can look after myself, but I can be pretty intimidating when I want to so I basically had to tell him, at the end of a pretty extreme diatribe by him, that if he ever talked to me or my wife about the parking situation again then the paramedics would need a bucket and spade to get him in the back of the ambulance. I've honestly never seen anyone wilt so quickly in my life but I really feel like a cunt now. I honestly don't like to resort to violence, or even the threat of it because there's always the chance you'll have to follow it through, but the guy seriously doesn't seem to be able to respond to anything else.

What pisses me off the most is that after over 3 years of his bollocks I was nearly egging him on to continue just so I could leather the fucker. This is why I rarely drink, I'm easily led into some prety shitty situations. So basically despite me feeling like I was totally in the right I'm the one that's left feeling like a twat whilst I bet the fucking twat three doors down will sleep like a baby tonight.

He wouldn't happen not to be the kind of person who doesn't know how to handle himself, would he?

Has he threatened to beat you to a heaving bloody pulp?

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 16/12/2012 1:46:42 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9077
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/12/2012 1:54:31 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Fuck sake.

The guy three doors down from us (who is a Karate instructor and a driving instructor) is a proper cunt when it comes to parking in our street, to the extent that he's got three impending court cases for threatening behaviour (all of which are parking related and well out of order and he's genuinely looking at losing his license to teach karate to kids because he threatened a mother in front of her children, despite her having permission to park where she was off the council). Anyway, he came up with an idea, a good one to be honest, that everybody in the street parks diagonally which does actually help with the prety congested parking in the street. The problem is that we live at the end of the row, and there's a wall directly behind where we park so basically if we park diagonally we're actually impeding on the parking spaces next to us. This would be apparent to the stupidest of morons but despite that he's had a few words with the wife before about it (not while I'm about though).

He wouldn't happen to not be the kind of person who doesn't know handle himself, would he?

Has he threatened to beat you to a heaving bloody pulp?

His demeanour is quite hilarious actually, if you're a bloke that isn't afraid of his bullshit karate black belt title (honestly I'd put a BJJ blue belt (the first belt after white) against a Karate black belt in a no holds barred contest any day of the week). Unfortunately the cunt tends to make sure that he generally tends to aim his threats towards women (all three of the court cases he's facing are for threatening behaviour towards women, the fucking cowardly cunt). Now, unfortunately for him, he decided that I was a good target for his bullshit tonight (and I was on the way home after a particularly shit night out) so I had to send the fucker home with his tail between his legs.

I'm fairly certain we'll hear no more about the parking situation off him again but that doesn't stop me ruing the fact I had to threaten to beat him into paste to achieve it.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 9078
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/12/2012 2:04:11 AM   
Olaf

today, I learned from this thread that violence is the solution to difficult problems. This forum is a bad influence on me.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

Post #: 9079
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/12/2012 2:07:33 AM   
Harry Tuttle

I'd say the lesson is that violence can be countered by the threat of greater violence (whether the person making the threat is capable of carrying it out or not).

The reality is is that he could, and probably would, wipe the floor with me if it came to a trading of blows. I knew that but he didn't and after 3 years of his incessant cuntishness I'd had enough.

This is actually the second time this year I've had to talk myself out of a potentially dodgy situation by threatening to beat the shit out of someone despite not having the ability to do so. A bit of confidence can go a long way.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 16/12/2012 2:10:57 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9080
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/12/2012 2:11:53 AM   
Olaf

quote:

I'd say the lesson is that violence can be countered by the threat of greater violence (whether the person making the threat is capable of carrying it out or not).

Noted. I can put a pen in my shirt pocket and tell hooligans that I've got a knife or something?

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Post #: 9081
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/12/2012 2:16:36 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

Noted. I can put a pen in my shirt pocket and tell hooligans that I've got a knife or something?

Nah, just tell them that their parents need to be good at jigsaw puzzles if they ever wish to see their loved ones in one piece again and they should fuck off. Or they'll beat the shit out of you, it's a chance you have to take. Thankfully I've been lucky this year.

Having said that I've got a pretty vivid imagination and am able to come up with some pretty vicious threats. If you imply that you have the ability to dismantle somebody one limb at a time then they tend to back off. I've been extremely lucky in that nobody's called my bluff yet...

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9082
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/12/2012 2:16:42 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

I'm fairly certain we'll hear no more about the parking situation off him again but that doesn't stop me ruing the fact I had to threaten to beat him into paste to achieve it.

Somebody had to put this idiot in his place. I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 9083
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/12/2012 2:17:54 AM   
Olaf

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nah, just tell them that their parents need to be good at jigsaw puzzles if they ever wish to see their loved ones in one piece again and they should fuck off. Or they'll beat the shit out of you, it's a chance you have to take. Thankfully I've been lucky this year.

Having said that I've got a pretty vivid imagination and am able to come up with some prettyvicious threats. If you imply that you have the ability to dismantle somebody one limb at a time then they tend to back off. I've been extremely lucky in that nobody's called my bluff yet...

"How do you like hospital food?"

*puts on sunglasses*

< Message edited by Olaf -- 16/12/2012 2:18:09 AM >

Post #: 9084
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/12/2012 2:27:46 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Having said that I've got a pretty vivid imagination and am able to come up with some pretty vicious threats. If you imply that you have the ability to dismantle somebody one limb at a time then they tend to back off. I've been extremely lucky in that nobody's called my bluff yet...

"How do you like hospital food?"

*puts on sunglasses*

I have the feeling you're judging me here (or that's how it comes across in your posts anyway, genuine apologies if I'm wrong) but I don't really give a fuck to be honest. This is a bloke that has threatened at least three women with violence (two in front of their children)*, has made my wife feel like shit on at least four or five occasions (for one of the most ridiculous reasons ever, his complaint doesn't even make sense ffs) and who had the bright idea of giving me shit, for no reason whatsoever, on my way home earlier on. Despite this I do feel genuinely shit that I had to resort to the behaviour I did so your remarks (if they're meant to be snidey, and after a few beers I realise there's a genuine chance I'm reading this wrongly) don't really bother me all that much. I feel like a cunt as it is, there's not much anyone can say, or imply, to make me feel any worse.

* Do two wrongs make a right? Of course they don't. Doesn't change the fact I'd do exactly the same in the same situation again.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 16/12/2012 2:42:04 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9085
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/12/2012 2:42:34 AM   
Olaf

I was actually trying to make light of the situation as you seemed put out by what happened and in need of a laugh (I'd have done the same in your situation if I wasn't 5'11" and skinny). This failed miserably, alas.

Post #: 9086
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/12/2012 2:45:40 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

I was actually trying to make light of the situation as you seemed put out by what happened and in need of a laugh (I'd have done the same in your situation if I wasn't 5'11" and skinny). This failed miserably, alas.

Nah my bad, like I feared, after a few beers I was misreading the situation.

Muchos apologies.

Btw I'm 5'9" and (a bit lol) overweight so fuck knows how I'm getting away with it 

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 16/12/2012 3:12:17 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9087
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/12/2012 3:13:24 AM   
Olaf

It's my own fault for being terminally unfunny, don't worry. basically all my posts are worthless irreverence, except the ones in the Arsenal thread (where all the comedy is provided on-field).

Size is more important than height for intimidating people though. My dad comes to mind as someone who's shorter than me but built kind of square like, so it's enough to strike fear into weak-hearted men.

Post #: 9088
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/12/2012 8:24:32 AM   
MovieAddict247

My throat aches. I can't swallow, I can't yawn (which sucks as I haven't been able to sleep because of it), I can't talk without sounding like Tom Waits. And I have a blocked nose.

Ugh.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9089
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/12/2012 9:31:22 AM   
elab49

Was it you who gave me a bug? Was it?!

Although I think it was probably the very ill lady in the local shop who's given everyone the lurgy.

What's pissing me off is the glib 'I could read the Hobbit quicker' that was probably clever the first time someone said (it was on here pretty early) but now it seems to have gone viral. You could read many stories films are based on faster, it's got bugger all to do with whether the film's any good or not. If you don't like the film, fair does criticise it. But this bugs me.

quote:

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 9090
Page:   <<   < prev  301 302 [303] 304 305   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  301 302 [303] 304 305   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI