Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  300 301 [302] 303 304   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:41:59 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

I actually think biscuits as a thing are a bit overrated. They're not substantial enough, even as a snack, and not tasty enough to warrent eating a packet of them in a sitting.

Really? I find entire packets of chocolate digestives a great option when writing/studying for an extended period of time. Same goes for custard creams actually, you can get a fair amount of them for less than a pound.

Just remembered - surely Garibaldi is the worst biscuit there is? I can't see how anyone can dispute that.

They're pretty nondescript for sure, and I'm not a fan of currants/raisins to start with but, as with the otherwise forgettable Fig Roll, in times of desperation I could happily turn to one for a quick biscuit-fix and in fact, if you spread a load of Nutella or Cadbury's Philadelphia on one they're even (whisper it) quite tasty.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 7/12/2012 12:42:48 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9031
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:53:47 PM   
Olaf

What are the odds of you having some Garbaldis in the press though? Unless you are in fact an old person.

I think I just have an issue with ostensibly healthy things getting in my biscuits, to be honest. Raisins are a no-go area when I want something sugary and fattening.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 9032
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 1:05:26 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

quote:

I actually think biscuits as a thing are a bit overrated. They're not substantial enough, even as a snack, and not tasty enough to warrent eating a packet of them in a sitting.

Really? I find entire packets of chocolate digestives a great option when writing/studying for an extended period of time. Same goes for custard creams actually, you can get a fair amount of them for less than a pound.

I'd rather do cheese/cracker combo, or have a yoghurt (though they are annoyingly not easy to eat while reading) or even just a bag of crisps tbh.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9033
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 1:07:06 PM   
horribleives

quote:

What are the odds of you having some Garbaldis in the press though? Unless you are in fact an old person.

Quite often when I go to my mam's all she has in are these Go Ahead healthy things that are basically Garibaldis in frilly knickers. A little chocolate-based tweaking though and they're virtually wearing stockings and suspenders.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9034
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 1:12:11 PM   
Olaf

Crisps are the worst combination with books though. Unless you eat them with tweezers or somesuch, you're getting all that flavouring/seasoning all over your fingers and all over your pages. Whereas biscuit crumbs don't seem to embed themselves into the pores of your skin in the same way and are easier to just shake off. Yoghurt's an interesting choice though, I've never tried it myself (maybe you could use Frubes?).

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 9035
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 1:13:29 PM   
Rhubarb

I haven't had frubes since packed lunches as a kid. I could see how that would work though.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9036
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 1:14:45 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd rather do cheese/cracker combo, or have a yoghurt (though they are annoyingly not easy to eat while reading) or even just a bag of crisps tbh.

See, I like all those things (apart from yoghurt) but they serve different functions for me. I could never mull over whether to have crisps or biscuits - it's always one then the other: sweet follows savoury, whether it's a meal in a nice restaurant or lying on the setee. How I've never became a fat bastard is beyond me.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 9037
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 1:14:48 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

Just remembered - surely Garibaldi is the worst biscuit there is? I can't see how anyone can dispute that.

They're pretty nondescript for sure, and I'm not a fan of currants/raisins to start with but, as with the otherwise forgettable Fig Roll, in times of desperation I could happily turn to one for a quick biscuit-fix and in fact, if you spread a load of Nutella or Cadbury's Philadelphia on one they're even (whisper it) quite tasty.

That just sounds like too much effort. If you want a biscuit then and there even a wrapper can become an obstacle.

That's why Olaf wins. Viennese fingers are the pinnacle of everything. Viennese anything biscuits actually. Have any of you had the Mr Kipling's Veinnese Whirls? Strawberry ones slightly better than lemon ones but both worth punching a child for the last one.

< Message edited by Chief -- 7/12/2012 1:18:45 PM >

Post #: 9038
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 1:21:10 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

My tasebuds just can't get along with them, they look awful and don't even crunch properly - there's merely a half-hearted crumble followed by the grim will-this-do? texture of the yellow muck within. For the record, my top five shittest biscuits currently look like this:

1. Rich Tea
2. Cutstard Cream
3. Pink Wafer
4. Ginger Snap
5. Bourbon

Rich tea? Custard cream? What the hell is wrong with you???

Post #: 9039
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 1:23:39 PM   
matty_b

quote:

Quite often when I go to my mam's in these frilly knickers. A little tweaking though and they're virtually stockings and suspenders.

Tee-hee.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 9040
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 1:26:38 PM   
Olaf

Why are they even called custard creams anyway? The filling is vanilla obviously.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9041
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 1:29:13 PM   
sanchia

Vanilla is an integral part in the flavouring of custard,

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9042
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 1:29:51 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

See, I like all those things (apart from yoghurt) but they serve different functions for me. I could never mull over whether to have crisps or biscuits - it's always one then the other: sweet follows savoury, whether it's a meal in a nice restaurant or lying on the setee. How I've never became a fat bastard is beyond me.

Yes.

My friends thought I was being weird when I remarked that one of them was a freak for eating his Mars Bar before his Quavers. I don't care how stoned he was at the time that's just messed up.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 9043
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 1:30:44 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

But that's a bit like saying you could run your car on Vaseline, because it's also derived from petroleum.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 9044
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 1:38:32 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

I reckon every lass who's ever been dumped would disagree with the last part.

Pretty sure this is why Ben and Jerry's was invented.

Holy crap this just reminded me I totally have some Haagen Dazs in my freezer from last week. WIN.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 9045
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 1:40:25 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

Holy crap this just reminded me I totally have some Haagen Dazs in my freezer from last week. WIN.

Did it remind you because you have just been dumped and also become a woman?

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 9046
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 2:08:34 PM   
sanchia

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

But that's a bit like saying you could run your car on Vaseline, because it's also derived from petroleum.

You can if the hill is big enough, just don't expect those brakes to work.

Garibaldi's do not contain any Garibaldi.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9047
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 2:14:48 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

Did it remind you because you have just been dumped and also become a woman?

And was this a case of post hoc ergo propter hoc?

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 9048
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 6:02:05 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

All this fig roll hate! I've been known to eat an entire pack in one sitting. Two packs isn't unheard of either.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9049
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 7:19:18 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

All this fig roll hate! I've been known to eat an entire pack in one sitting. Two packs isn't unheard of either.

You must be very regular.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 9050
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 7:22:11 PM   
Hood_Man

So I didn't bother organising a night out tomorrow in the end for my birthday, because a mate of mine was having a leaving do tonight and I figured I'd just go along to that.

Now it turns out that nothing's happening at all

[EDIT]

Well actually, to be more specific I did make some plans for Saturday initially, but then a week later he organised his leaving do for the night before which is why I decided not to bother, because I knew everyone would pull out of mine saying they were too hungover or skint to go out two nights in a row (it's happened enough times when two night outs happen to occur after one another for it to be a pretty sure thing), and also because I thought I'd be nice and not steal his thunder either. Last night here and all that, he can only do that once.

So I'm sort of pissed off at the situation as well as at myself, because not only am I not going to celebrate turning 25, but I also said no to a takeaway with my sis tonight because I thought I'd be going out with friends.

First world problems I know, but still annoying...

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 7/12/2012 7:57:25 PM >

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 9051
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/12/2012 9:11:24 PM   
kumar

I didnt do anything for my 25th this week Hoody, stayed in bed, applied for a job, went to work (night shift). Didnt get a cake or see anyone, but im heading out tonight for someone elses. Its rubbish being the centre of attention anyway, something else will come along to have fun at. To be honest, i just woke up from a powernap but I cant be arsed wasting this new energy in town. Far Cry 3 please!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9052
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/12/2012 10:47:52 PM   
Hood_Man

As it turns out, I've actually had quite a pleasant day tottering around town by myself. Bought the last of the christmas shopping (he says...), and spending a Saturday night in my flat without worrying about waking up tomorrow with a hangover, and the prospect of having to wake up groggy on Monday having slept in past midday tomorrow.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 9053
RE: I am pissed off because... - 8/12/2012 10:56:11 PM   
steffols

I've never had a night out for any of my birthdays. I'm not a very showy person and having a night out celebrating 'me' has never, ever appealed to me. It's hard enough having to come round to the fact that I have to be centre of attention on my wedding day. I'm desperately trying to think of something that will detract the day from me.

I prefer being around family and close friends on my birthday. I remember my 20th, I spent the whole day watching a Michael Palin DVD I got, my 21st I spent in a quiet pub with my then boyfriend (yuck), my 25th I spent at my current boyfriends/fiances parents house and this past birthday I did the same thing and was presented with a rather splendid Dalek cake made by his little brother and girlfriend.

< Message edited by steffols -- 8/12/2012 10:57:22 PM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9054
RE: I am pissed off because... - 9/12/2012 11:07:51 AM   
elab49

Decided, after all, to put up a tree this year. Feeling quite proud remembering how it goes together and braving the scratches to fix the branches.

And then I realised I've put it up blocking the boxes that have the decorations

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9055
RE: I am pissed off because... - 10/12/2012 5:33:46 PM   
Hood_Man

30 seconds to go till the end of my shift and a call comes through to me, and I end up missing my bus and have to wait half an hour for another one.

AND because I rushed to try and make it, I missed a chance to get some time owing which would have meant I wouldn't have to come in half an hour earlier on Wednesday.

It had otherwise been a good day...

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9056
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/12/2012 3:01:00 PM   
steffols

My mum, who was originally told that she would be made redundant in February, then was going to ask to finish up on 21st of this month has this morning got a letter saying that her last day will be Thursday this week. She's absolutely devastated. Shes been in the same job for 34 years and they've basically just kicked her out with three days notice. I can't even begin to think how terrified she must feel. My dad had to break the news to her over the phone this morning and he didn't receive the letter till this morning, he says he thinks she was crying and right now I'm crying myself.

Sometimes, its really shit being away from your family.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9057
RE: I am pissed off because... - 11/12/2012 11:52:49 PM   
steffols

I had a panic attack last night over nothing. I do this thing where I get upset over something not worth getting upset about and it snowballs and I end up getting more and more upsets until it builds up into a big scary mess. I really freaked out my other half, at first he was pissed with me that I was lying in bed crying, then he got scared when my breathing became quicker and I began to look scared but I couldn't speak. It's so bloody terrifying. I wish it didn't happen to me. I wish I wasn't like this.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9058
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/12/2012 2:05:18 PM   
matty_b

Sorry to hear all that, Steffs'. Big internet hugs.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9059
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/12/2012 5:38:58 PM   
Sway

Not really pissed off, more just a little frustrated.

Had to take all my piercings out before my op last week which is understandable, and I had them out for maybe about 4 days max before I tried to put them back in, and some of them had closed up already. Including ones I've had since I was 17.

I knew I'd lose the belly one because of the op, and was fine with it, but I've now lost the nipple one which I'd had for ten years, and my tragus, aswell as my new snug one. I'm particularly sad about the tragus one because I've had that done SO many times over the years because it's never settled, and finally this one had taken and was fine.

Obviously my health is the most important thing here, but I just feel a bit sad at the wasted time and money with some of them. Still, at least my nose and tongue were ok.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 9060
Page:   <<   < prev  300 301 [302] 303 304   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  300 301 [302] 303 304   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI