Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  299 300 [301] 302 303   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/12/2012 11:45:10 PM   
horribleives

...Vice Versas are back but they taste like shit.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 9001
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/12/2012 11:46:37 PM   
Shifty Bench

I haven't even been able to find them. And I can't find the last issue of The Dandy anywhere either

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 9002
RE: I am pissed off because... - 6/12/2012 11:51:23 PM   
horribleives

You're not missing owt - they've changed the recipe so you can barely taste the white chocolate, the brown shell is a shitty-beige colour and they're barely bigger than a Smartie. Gutted.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 9003
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 1:35:34 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Damn. But I was all subtle and shit.

You should name the baby after me.

The idea that one day we'll have King or Queen Chief is the best reason I've ever heard for keeping the monarchy.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9004
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 7:25:59 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

...Vice Versas are back but they taste like shit.

/ worrying experiential frame of reference.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 9005
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 10:46:39 AM   
Rhubarb

People keep saying to me about Vice Versas being shit now, but can people genuinely remember what something tasted like 10+ years ago? Surely your mind is making them out to be amazing because of nostalgia, and they were probably always shit?

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 9006
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 10:47:55 AM   
elab49

Either my palate has changed or the texture/quality of chocolate they're using has. I agree with Horribleives - these aren't very nice. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 9007
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 10:53:40 AM   
Rhubarb

Well, its possible yeah, just strikes me as odd as it was ages ago. I can't remember exactly what they taste like, I don't think. But then they were never my favourite or anything, so my nostalgia is probably more tied to the packaging and seeing it in the newsagents

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9008
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 11:07:05 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Either my palate has changed or the texture/quality of chocolate they're using has. I agree with Horribleives - these aren't very nice.

I think your problem is that the price of chocolate has risen quite considerably in the last couple of years. So it is entirely possible that they are skimping on the blend.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9009
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 11:48:01 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Well, its possible yeah, just strikes me as odd as it was ages ago. I can't remember exactly what they taste like, I don't think. But then they were never my favourite or anything, so my nostalgia is probably more tied to the packaging and seeing it in the newsagents

When they first came out in 1990 (I think) I was 12 or 13 and ate a fuck load of them but I reckon even someone who'd only ever had one bag could tell the difference with these new 'uns - they don't even look the same for starters. They're smaller and rounder than the old ones which were basically minstrels-with-a-twist. And the white chocloate tastes like the inside of a custard cream (which is, as any expert will tell you, the third-shittest biscuit ever).
Forget Killing Me Softly being dull as ditchwater and Yohan Cabaye forgetting how to pass a football - Vice Versa-gate is the biggest crushing disappointment of my year by a mile.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 9010
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:00:37 PM   
Chief

quote:

quote:

When they first came out in 1990 (I think) I was 12 or 13 and ate a fuck load of them but I reckon even someone who'd only ever had one bag could tell the difference with these new 'uns - they don't even look the same for starters. They're smaller and rounder than the old ones which were basically minstrels-with-a-twist. And the white chocloate tastes like the inside of a custard cream (which is, as any expert will tell you, the third-shittest biscuit ever).
Forget Killing Me Softly being dull as ditchwater and Yohan Cabaye forgetting how to pass a football - Vice Versa-gate is the biggest crushing disappointment of my year by a mile.

I was with you up until a point but now I just think you're mental.

Post #: 9011
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:06:38 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

quote:

I was with you up until a point but now I just think you're mental.

You're right - I think it's actually leapfrogged the pink wafer into second place.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9012
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:08:14 PM   
Olaf

yeah Custard Creams are incredible obviously. It's hard to trust someone's opinion on biscuits in general after they come out with a statement like that.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9013
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:12:09 PM   
Chief

I dread to think what's in last place. Pink wafers are, admittedly, awful.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9014
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:15:21 PM   
Olaf

Fig Rolls maybe? they're pretty shit.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9015
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:17:28 PM   
horribleives

My tasebuds just can't get along with them, they look awful and don't even crunch properly - there's merely a half-hearted crumble followed by the grim will-this-do? texture of the yellow muck within. For the record, my top five shittest biscuits currently look like this:

1. Rich Tea
2. Cutstard Cream
3. Pink Wafer
4. Ginger Snap
5. Bourbon

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9016
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:19:00 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

My tasebuds just can't get along with them, they look awful and don't even crunch properly - there's merely a half-hearted crumble followed by the grim will-this-do? texture of the yellow muck within. For the record, my top five shittest biscuits currently look like this:

1. Rich Tea
2. Cutstard Cream
3. Pink Wafer
4. Ginger Snap
5. Bourbon

I agree with 80% of this list. The Ginger based biscuit clearly has no room on a worst anything list though.

Silly .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 9017
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:19:59 PM   
Rhubarb

Ginger, amazing in any context is what you're saying.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9018
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:20:27 PM   
horribleives

Good call on Fig Rolls - they're pretty rubbish though I must concede if they were the only sweet thing in the cupboard I'd happily eat a couple, whereas I wouldn't touch a Pink Wafer or a Bourbon if it was the last biscuit on earth.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 7/12/2012 12:21:26 PM >

Post #: 9019
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:21:27 PM   
steffols

No room for a chocolate digestive? What sort of people are you?

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 9020
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:22:16 PM   
Olaf

if you try the Fox's brand custard cream, there's definitely a perceptible increase in crunchiness compared to supermarket own-brand fare (even though I'll happily eat both). You're insane for putting bourbon creams in there too, and I feel like Rich Teas are too neutral and bland to be the absolute worst - they're more like the Aston Villa of biscuits, generally occupying a fairly non-descript lower midtable spot.

Post #: 9021
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:23:28 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

No room for a chocolate digestive? What sort of people are you?

In a 'worst biscuits' list? You're wrong in the mind.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9022
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:26:05 PM   
horribleives

See, I like a nice ginger biscuit (a posh Walkers one for instance) but Ginger Snaps - you know, the small, bland, brick-like ones, ie the most nasty, hard-face joyless biscuit out - can go fuck themselves.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 9023
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:26:24 PM   
Rhubarb

I actually think biscuits as a thing are a bit overrated. They're not substantial enough, even as a snack, and not tasty enough to warrent eating a packet of them in a sitting.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9024
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:28:22 PM   
matty_b

Yeah, I never really bother having biscuits in the house, unless Jr has asked for some.

Much prefer a nice pasty, myself. A cinnamon whirl, for instance.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 9025
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:28:55 PM   
horribleives

quote:

I actually think biscuits as a thing are a bit overrated. They're not substantial enough, even as a snack, and not tasty enough to warrent eating a packet of them in a sitting.

I reckon every lass who's ever been dumped would disagree with the last part.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 9026
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:30:49 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

quote:

I reckon every lass who's ever been dumped would disagree with the last part.

Pretty sure this is why Ben and Jerry's was invented.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

Post #: 9027
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:36:07 PM   
Olaf

quote:

Really? I find entire packets of chocolate digestives a great option when writing/studying for an extended period of time. Same goes for custard creams actually, you can get a fair amount of them for less than a pound.

Just remembered - surely Garibaldi is the worst biscuit there is? I can't see how anyone can dispute that.

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 9028
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:36:17 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

if you try the Fox's brand custard cream, there's definitely a perceptible increase in crunchiness compared to supermarket own-brand fare (even though I'll happily eat both). You're insane for putting bourbon creams in there too, and I feel like Rich Teas are too neutral and bland to be the absolute worst - they're more like the Aston Villa of biscuits, generally occupying a fairly non-descript lower midtable spot.

I'd be willing to try their version - they invented Rockies so they clearly know their stuff. Bourbons on the other hand suffer from the same clinical, concrete soullessness that afflicts the aforementioned hard-faced ginger snaps, and I reckon making them vaguely edible would stump even the magicians at Fox's.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9029
RE: I am pissed off because... - 7/12/2012 12:38:59 PM   
Olaf

Fox's are basically some kind of biscuiteering gods, true (even speaking as a fan of the own-brand versions, they reinvented the custard cream for me). Their chocolate vienesse fingers are basically the highpoint of human civilisation.

Post #: 9030
Page:   <<   < prev  299 300 [301] 302 303   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  299 300 [301] 302 303   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI