Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  296 297 [298] 299 300   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/11/2012 3:54:51 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Well, he's also got slippers so maybe a pipe is for his birthday.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

I wish I was friends with her. So tempted to say what an awful fucking Christmas he's going to have with no toys.

He has a fire truck! Don't forget about that.

Let's hope she remembers the batteries for it.

Batteries?? That's a posh fire truck!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 8911
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/11/2012 4:01:29 PM   
matty_b

Hey, money is no object with this woman, remember?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 8912
RE: I am pissed off because... - 16/11/2012 4:06:49 PM   
Hobbitonlass

True. That'll be a real one then.....

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 8913
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/11/2012 11:33:55 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

International shipping costs!

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 8914
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/11/2012 11:36:46 AM   
elab49

It's not something that might be listed on Amazon UK? Sometimes there's a marginal cost improvement, but that can swing either way. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 8915
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/11/2012 11:47:44 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I've already checked.

There are a few things I'm after from the USA and New Zealand and in all cases so far I'm paying just as much for shipping as the items. One place was asking $29 dollars to ship a keyring and another wouldn't even consider posting to the UK if the order was under $100.

But I suppose high postage costs does limit what I'll get. Especially when it comes to some LOTR/Hobbit merchandise, if the postage was cheap I could easily break the bank

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 8916
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/11/2012 11:53:11 AM   
elab49

If it's Hobbit you'll find it on Ebay - the LOTR stuff tended to have better shipping prices. NZ is a surprise - NZ$ are quite cheap still anyway, but even with the higher shipping the overall price was always a massive bargain. Back then I used to get stuff direct from the NZPost and there's a couple of DVD places I use over there. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Post #: 8917
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/11/2012 1:32:44 PM   
sanchia

Spam, there must be a hundred posts and counting and it is spreading like a plastic bottle island.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 8918
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/11/2012 10:48:45 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

If it's Hobbit you'll find it on Ebay - the LOTR stuff tended to have better shipping prices. NZ is a surprise - NZ$ are quite cheap still anyway, but even with the higher shipping the overall price was always a massive bargain. Back then I used to get stuff direct from the NZPost and there's a couple of DVD places I use over there. 

Direct from Weta looks to be the best bet from NZ. Almost nothing they sell for The Hobbit has reached ebay yet and the postage isn't that bad.

Much more better!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 8919
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/11/2012 11:31:43 AM   
matty_b

I've been at work for 30 minutes and I'm already fuming.

Perilously close to not giving a shit about anything anymore.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 8920
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/11/2012 1:43:53 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Direct from Weta looks to be the best bet from NZ. Almost nothing they sell for The Hobbit has reached ebay yet and the postage isn't that bad.

The models? The major cost with that is the shipping type I think - I got a few during LOTR and it was pretty expensive couriers they used.

quote:

Post #: 8921
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/11/2012 12:12:45 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

The models are very tempting but I don't think I have room for more stuff like that but if I have a clearout I think it would be ebay eventually for those larger items. But some of the t-shirts and things would make great gifts (I say that knowing full well I'll probably keep them when they arrive!)

Much more better!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 8922
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/11/2012 9:08:41 PM   
Mister Coe

I am pissed off because after several years working my arse off for the NHS, taking all manner of abuse from fucking idiots who think that the NHS is there to cater for their every silly whim, no matter how petty, it looks like I'm gona get slung out on the dole in the next couple of months with very little in the way of compensation.

I mean, you've had toothache for three weeks, but the ideal time to get an emergency appointment is 2am on a Sunday morning, and if I can't sort it out there and then, then you can call me a cunt? Yeah, call me, I'll soak it up with a smile. Likewise with 'kid with the sniffles, must be dying of swine flu', 'I've got pains in my leg but I haven't taken any painkillers, must be DVT' and, my personal favourite, 'I have tinnitis, if you don't cure it tonight, I will kill myself!'

I haven't had Christmas Day / Boxing Day / New Years Eve / New Years Day off in many a year and, quite frankly, getting laid off would be almost a relief. Almost.

The Tories are going to destroy the NHS. Enjoy it while you can.

Say what now?

Post #: 8923
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/11/2012 9:10:38 PM   
Darth Marenghi

That's awful, Coe. Really sorry to hear that.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 8924
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/11/2012 9:33:28 PM   
sanchia

It is a horrible situation. No there won't be any losses to front line services (21,000 down with a further 60,000 estimated in the next couple of years)

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 8925
RE: I am pissed off because... - 20/11/2012 10:35:22 PM   
Mister Coe

Hi, sorry if my last message was a bit pissed-off and angry, just trying to make sense of the bullshit scenario that this government is presenting devoted health professionals with.

The next paragraph will replace the name 'Cameron' with the name 'C**t'....

David C**t promised no significant re-oganisation of the NHS. David C**t shook the hands of healthcare professionals whilst promising them that their jobs were safe. David C**t stands to benefit from his friends (who already massively rich) who have huge stakes in private healthcare. David C**t was seen to punch the table in glee when his new healthcare reforms went through in the Houses Of Parliament.

Oh, wait... I already used the c-bomb in a previous post!! I don't have to use the ***s! So... David Cameron ... you are the biggest cu.. aw, you guys can fill in the blanks....

Wow... and I thought my last post was a little bit pissed off...

Say what now?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 8926
RE: I am pissed off because... - 20/11/2012 11:08:52 PM   
steffols

Feel like I want to cry. Work just puts me in a bad mood these days and I come home and take it out on my fiance, putting a strain on our relationship, Adding to this that I'm only getting my rotas on a week by week basis which means I don't know what I'm working from one week to the next which is really fucking over my social life which is currently non-existent all because of my shitty part time job. I wanted to offer my assistance to my (future) brother in law and his girlfriend with their bakery as they have a lot planned in the lead up to Christmas but as yet I cannot even offer them it because I have no idea what I'm working.

Hate my life right now.

< Message edited by steffols -- 20/11/2012 11:09:56 PM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 8927
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/11/2012 8:21:41 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

Feel like I want to cry. Work just puts me in a bad mood these days and I come home and take it out on my fiance, putting a strain on our relationship, Adding to this that I'm only getting my rotas on a week by week basis which means I don't know what I'm working from one week to the next which is really fucking over my social life which is currently non-existent all because of my shitty part time job. I wanted to offer my assistance to my (future) brother in law and his girlfriend with their bakery as they have a lot planned in the lead up to Christmas but as yet I cannot even offer them it because I have no idea what I'm working.

Hate my life right now.

Oh I hear that.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm working this Christmas but this I do know - I won't be getting Christmas, although in a way that means I probably do know already what I'm working! My boss rarely offers me a life as it is (I've had, minus my standard day off a week which believe me when you work 50-60 hours the rest of the time comes as little restbite, 10 days off in the last eight and a half months) and Christmas is going to be just mental, in usual fashion instead of putting quality over quantity he's tried to go all-out and we're packed to the rafters and things are starting to go wrong before they've even started. It doesn't help that three members of staff have said they're not working any of the week and they've been pretty much granted that without any sort of fight. Myself and the head waitress were told "Christmas to work is one for the younger ones" by one of these employees. As I pointed out to said person, "if everyone does a bit then everyone can have a bit off." This fell on deaf ears. I've stuck with this trade because I want to work my way up in it, despite having a degree which in this job market isn't going to get me much further anyway, but this is really waning on me.

My patience is running out with a set of friends which up until recent times I would have called my best as well. Outcast in some cases because I am single despite standing by those that were and remaining loyal during my times in relationships, watching friends fuck up with complete wastes of space who would rather sit around all day play x-box whilst living off my taxes than support their child and their new family (yes that's probably going to be considered rather right-wing but I could give a fuck, until this country accepts there is an issue with some young people who seem quite happy to churn out children into less than acrimonious circumstances and then not do everything within their power to support them then nothing is going to change. This complete lack of responsibility within society is appalling) and just a complete lack of contact. I can't be arsed with these people anymore and there is one person who hurt me a lot in the past and seems so completely unaware of the effects of her actions and she continues to just breeze through life living in a self-centered bubble where she seems to hide her guilt, if any, behind a desperation to constantly tell me how she much loves and cares about me, many told me I should have nothing more to do with her ever again and I'm starting to think I probably should have followed that advice.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 8928
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/11/2012 2:46:58 PM   
kumar

Im so irritated, wound up, preoccupied and stressed about more important things than work which has added so much more stress, that im losing my mind. Coupled with a fucking STUPID police woman in a car and I in mine nearly having a collision at 6am after a night shift, sent me in a mad rage and on the way home I completely forgot about the speed cameras, on a road that i have driven on nearly every day for the past year and was promptly flashed over the limit.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 8929
RE: I am pissed off because... - 21/11/2012 2:53:05 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

I am pissed off because after several years working my arse off for the NHS, taking all manner of abuse from fucking idiots who think that the NHS is there to cater for their every silly whim, no matter how petty, it looks like I'm gona get slung out on the dole in the next couple of months with very little in the way of compensation.

I mean, you've had toothache for three weeks, but the ideal time to get an emergency appointment is 2am on a Sunday morning, and if I can't sort it out there and then, then you can call me a cunt? Yeah, call me, I'll soak it up with a smile. Likewise with 'kid with the sniffles, must be dying of swine flu', 'I've got pains in my leg but I haven't taken any painkillers, must be DVT' and, my personal favourite, 'I have tinnitis, if you don't cure it tonight, I will kill myself!'

I haven't had Christmas Day / Boxing Day / New Years Eve / New Years Day off in many a year and, quite frankly, getting laid off would be almost a relief. Almost.

The Tories are going to destroy the NHS. Enjoy it while you can.

If it is any consolation, my moms took voluntary redundancy (immediately regretted it and panicked though) over forced redundancy. After maybe a couple of months of trying self employed private practice she found agency work very quickly. Despite living away past couple of weeks, she is much happier and says she brings no work home and has no stress, and in the next couple of weeks is starting a longer term employment at a local practice. Seems you have some patient contact too in your rant, but it should count toward something else. Chin up man, my moms worked nearly 40 years in the NHS which is why she was worried about being booted this late in the game- she was scarred she wouldnt be able to keep up, but she has managed quite easily.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 8930
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/11/2012 10:59:27 PM   
Mister Coe

Cheers, Badir, that's a lovely message, one that gives me a bit of hope. Sorry if anyone was offended by the number of c-bombs I've been posting in previous messages but damn, when you've had a few beers and you work for the NHS right now... you'd understand.

Say what now?

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 8931
RE: I am pissed off because... - 23/11/2012 10:34:28 PM   
steffols

It's been a hard week. Just got home from work with my chinese takeaway to discover they have completely messed up my order. Sat and cried for five minutes and now I'm just sitting in silence and sort of enjoying it.

This has been a shit week.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 8932
RE: I am pissed off because... - 23/11/2012 10:40:39 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

It's been a hard week. Just got home from work with my chinese takeaway to discover they have completely messed up my order. Sat and cried for five minutes and now I'm just sitting in silence and sort of enjoying it.

This has been a shit week.

Um....

I think....

Say what now?

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 8933
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/11/2012 1:51:03 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Royal Mail are a bunch of cunts.

I've had enough of finding a "sorry we missed you" note in the letter box when I've not left the house and they've obviously not even tried to deliver the thing. I also can't believe that the slip isn't enough ID to then pick up your parcel. The only way I could have that slip is by being in my house you cock knocking cunts. Don't even get me started on the fact that thye're only open till 1pm on a Saturday which is pretty much the only day that's convenient for most people with a job (due to the fact the cunts close the collection office at 4 during the week). I'm going to have to wait till next Saturday to get my parcel now. I tried explaining this to the motherfucker in the post office and he said "Oh no, don't worry we'll try and deliver it again on Monday" as if my letterbox is going to quadruple in size over the weekend.

Dickheads.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 8934
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/11/2012 1:55:43 PM   
elab49

I've just had a parcel delivered to me that I sent at the beginning of the week. As my PO had put the frank on the back of the parcel some bright spark at the sorting office looked at it - the big, full address centrally written on one side. and the scribble of surname, number, postcode in one small corner on the back, and carefully wrote TO beside that and FROM on the other side. It's the absolute lack of common sense that leads you to refer to them as tits. My postie thought it looked odd, but he had to post it. My PO (lovely people) have moved the sticker carefully to the front and will try to resend. Bafflingly inept.

Our sorting office doesn't ask for anything other than the slip BTW so they're far from consistent. Mind you, they also open about 7am and close at 6pm during the week to try and make it convenient for people to pick up. On the negative side I need to do that more now as the PO, even with this new neighbour thing, refuse to pass on info internally about where to leave my parcels. Now I only get them left when it's the regular postie.

quote:

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 8935
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/11/2012 2:20:51 PM   
homersimpson_esq

This is why it helps to have an understanding employer, and have larger-than-letterbox parcels delivered to work.

On the other hand, I know someone who had an Xbox360 delivered when they were out, the delivery guy signed for it himself and left it by the door. It was there when this person got home, but with absolutely no security. So she called the company and told them it hadn't been delivered. She got another one.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 8936
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/11/2012 2:32:03 PM   
elab49

That's horrible - absolutely complain because it's a dumb thing to do but wouldn't you be thinking the fraud route would mean having the cost docked from the person who did it or worse?

quote:

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 8937
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/11/2012 2:34:55 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Yeah, I'm not condoning what she did, because there would have been ramifications for whoever signed for it, but that doesn't make leaving a brand new Xbox outside a house right.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 8938
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/11/2012 2:39:03 PM   
elab49

I agree with that bit completely - even generally outside the house. I've had to return books to Amazon because bright sparks on delivery vans have left them propped up outside the wendy house round the back in the middle of a storm. On the front step is a colossally silly thing to do. 

quote:

Post #: 8939
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/11/2012 2:41:15 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

This is why it helps to have an understanding employer, and have larger-than-letterbox parcels delivered to work.

On the other hand, I know someone who had an Xbox360 delivered when they were out, the delivery guy signed for it himself and left it by the door. It was there when this person got home, but with absolutely no security. So she called the company and told them it hadn't been delivered. She got another one.

Yeah I tend to have most parcels delivered to work anyway but if the delivery is due towards the end of the week I have them delivered at home.

I did the same as the person you know with a Nokia 3310 many years ago, I ordered one for my then girlfriend on her birthday and the delivery guy just left the box in our open porch. It was still there but I thought fuck it that's not on. I wouldn't do the same thing these days but if I was to find out that the delivery driver was out of pocket or had even lost his job I wouldn't really give a toss. Serves them right for breaking their employer's rules and basically leaving my stuff out in the street.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 24/11/2012 2:42:32 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 8940
Page:   <<   < prev  296 297 [298] 299 300   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  296 297 [298] 299 300   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI