Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: I am pissed off because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  292 293 [294] 295 296   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/10/2012 10:45:54 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson
So basically I've lost 700 contacts (which to be fair I can get back slowly), and more importantly, 300 photos, some of my Mum who I lost last year, from my phone. They are not completely lost as I stuck most of them on my works PC months ago, but so far my IT guys have failed to put them back on my new phone.
It has made me sad for 3 days. Upset over a broken phone.
I never thought I'd see the day.

That sucks. Hopefully they're on your computer somewhere and someone will be able to help you recover them.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 8791
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/10/2012 6:34:55 PM   
Rebel scum

I've just got a really bad cold for the first time in about 5 years, and on the exact same day I'm stuck at home feeling awful my iPod decides to erase my music and fuck up to a degree where I have to restore it to factory settings just to make it work. The combo of the two hasn't done me any favours.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 8792
RE: I am pissed off because... - 12/10/2012 8:18:13 PM   
kumar

My mates sister just ranted at me for rejecting her early advances. Do I maintain the only reason I said no was that I felt awkward her being my friends sister, or be completely honest and tell her im not attracted to her and stop acting like a fucking 11 year old. I never even led her on and she talks about "relationship this relationship that" as if i have been starting a romance. I speak to my own arse more than I speak to others.... talk about wild imaginations...... shit!!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 8793
RE: I am pissed off because... - 13/10/2012 12:31:17 PM   
donethinking

Scotland were robbed last night....whats wrong with having the video referee like the do in rugby??
if it was employed last night it would have been 2-0 to Scotland, Scotlands second goal did not go out of play before being headed in, there would have been no penalty for Wales, the twat that dived would have been sent off in my book, and Wales' long range effort wouldnt have happened otherwise.

with video ref Wales 0 Scotland 2
as it stands Wales 2 Scotland 1

< Message edited by donethinking -- 13/10/2012 12:34:49 PM >

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 8794
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/10/2012 3:41:04 PM   
horribleives

I just listened to those tapes of Justin Lee Collins abusing his girlfriend. What a horrible cunt.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to donethinking)
Post #: 8795
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/10/2012 4:02:45 PM   
jcthefirst

is it bad form to be pissed off with a four year old? My wee nephew came into the kicthen while me and my wife were making lunch and he just says "Auntie Jenny, you're fat." Now, I know he's only four, and doesn't know the health reasons of why my wife is bigger than his mum, who's basically a waif, but it just put me in really bad form for the rest of the day.

Let's just say, I wasn't too upset when the cat scratched his face later on.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 8796
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/10/2012 4:07:20 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Sorry JC, but this really, really made me laugh and I don't like cats, but do like children.

More seriously though, it's something that you can't/shouldn't brush off just because he's four. He may well have heard it in the playground and not understood how hurtful it can be, but it's something that if he starts using as an insult he should be immediately told it's wrong and why.

Whether it's your or his parents that make him do it I don't know, but he should certainly be made to apologise.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 8797
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/10/2012 4:09:52 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

Sorry JC, but this really, really made me laugh and I don't like cats, but do like children.

quote:

More seriously though, it's something that you can't/shouldn't brush off just because he's four. He may well have heard it in the playground and not understood how hurtful it can be, but it's something that if he starts using as an insult he should be immediately told it's wrong and why.

Whether it's your or his parents that make him do it I don't know, but he should certainly be made to apologise.

His parents were there and he was made to apologise. And was told why it was bad and all.

Didn't help my mood though.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 8798
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/10/2012 6:00:13 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Realised too late that my daughter left her bag on the bus. A bag with all her favourite teddies in, and her DSi.

I am now stuck waiting to get the train back home so I can get on to a bus to ask a driver if anything has been reported, cos their lost property line is not currently being manned.

If some cunt has stolen the DSi out of a little girl's backpack, I'll be fuming.

Not surprised. But angry.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 8799
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/10/2012 6:07:56 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

is it bad form to be pissed off with a four year old? My wee nephew came into the kicthen while me and my wife were making lunch and he just says "Auntie Jenny, you're fat." Now, I know he's only four, and doesn't know the health reasons of why my wife is bigger than his mum, who's basically a waif, but it just put me in really bad form for the rest of the day.

Is he the sort of child who will say anything to get a reaction? Because if he is, he might be like my sister when she was that age.

Here are some highlights... when meeting my then best friend's mum, who was a large woman, "I don't like Fat People!"

When visiting my godmother, as she gets picked up for a cuddle, "Fuck off you fucking bastard! *grins*"

When meeting two massive, terrifying looking, bald squaddies on a bus, "Hell you lovely young boys!" (they howled with laughter, bless 'em).

Oh, but the worst of all, when we went to visit a great uncle shortly after his wife passed away (natural causes, old age), "congratulations for killing your wife!"

...Good Luck.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 8800
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/10/2012 7:05:38 PM   
Greggieboy

Because I hate Facebook Ive only just discovered my ex-girlfriend has gone back home to Brazil. She was having a really tough time in Britain due to the recession and claims she attempted suicide.

Im glad shes ok and she really needed to go back to her family but bang goes a LOT of money I leant her to help her with the money troubles. She seems to have forgotten about it. I will have to live and learn and know I did it for the right reasons. Sometimes Im too nice/nieve for my own good.

I know people have worse problems than this but just wanted to vent. Take care everyone

Last Few Films Seen:Captain America;77/100 Harry Potter 7b; 85/100 Super 8; 74/100 X Men;First Class;76/100Fututre Films: Cowboys & Aliens, ROTPOTA, Cars 2, , Bridesmaids (at some point)

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 8801
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/10/2012 7:10:21 PM   
nomimalone

My dad is being a total wanker and I'm having to restrain myself from slapping him.

(in reply to Greggieboy)
Post #: 8802
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/10/2012 7:53:44 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

Is he the sort of child who will say anything to get a reaction? Because if he is, he might be like my sister when she was that age.

Here are some highlights... when meeting my then best friend's mum, who was a large woman, "I don't like Fat People!"

When visiting my godmother, as she gets picked up for a cuddle, "Fuck off you fucking bastard! *grins*"

When meeting two massive, terrifying looking, bald squaddies on a bus, "Hell you lovely young boys!" (they howled with laughter, bless 'em).

Oh, but the worst of all, when we went to visit a great uncle shortly after his wife passed away (natural causes, old age), "congratulations for killing your wife!"

...Good Luck.

Hahaha. That last one made me laugh like an idiot.

He's nomrally not too bad, although he has just started school. So that's probably why.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 8803
RE: I am pissed off because... - 14/10/2012 10:05:28 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

Sorry JC, but this really, really made me laugh.

Yeah, me too. Years of Empire has bred cruelty in us, my friends!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 8804
RE: I am pissed off because... - 15/10/2012 6:00:04 PM   
steffols

I really wish I could be a girly girl sometimes. Not even that, a girl who has some knowledge of hair styling would be just as good.

All I want is nice styled hair for a wedding I'm going to on Saturday. I've semi-mastered hair rollers (even if I still have massive bits of hair on my head that aren't in the rollers) but I just know that if I can master these rollers that within twenty minutes of being outside my hair will return to its flat as a pancake self. No matter how much hairspray, mousse, hairspray I put it, it will still go back to being the same old hair I love and hate.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 8805
RE: I am pissed off because... - 17/10/2012 9:54:39 AM   
UTB

Get a hat!

I'm pissed off because I work with people who share absolutely fuck all information and don't respond to emails, yet expect me to know everything and be able to support everything. Cunts!

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 8806
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/10/2012 7:14:45 PM   
DancingClown

Wow, just when I thought I couldn't hate Nick Griffin any more than I already do....

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 8807
RE: I am pissed off because... - 18/10/2012 10:40:10 PM   
DancingClown

Christ, everyone's pissing me off tonight. Now it's the fucking Breastapo.

Maybe I shouldn't watch Question Time.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 8808
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/10/2012 11:12:33 AM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

I really wish I could be a girly girl sometimes. Not even that, a girl who has some knowledge of hair styling would be just as good.

All I want is nice styled hair for a wedding I'm going to on Saturday. I've semi-mastered hair rollers (even if I still have massive bits of hair on my head that aren't in the rollers) but I just know that if I can master these rollers that within twenty minutes of being outside my hair will return to its flat as a pancake self. No matter how much hairspray, mousse, hairspray I put it, it will still go back to being the same old hair I love and hate.

Stef know it sounds silly but have you thought of looking for a tutorial on you tube to help? There are some great ones that could give you tips or fresh ideas.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 8809
RE: I am pissed off because... - 19/10/2012 3:59:41 PM   
Goodfella

My boss and pretty much everyone I work with.

I haven't had a summer, I've just worked. Worked my absolute bollocks off, I've done my own hours which range anywhere between 45 and 60 a week and covered mostly everyone else. I've become so versatile that it's not even close to smug to say the place wouldn't work without me, I'm not the only one, there's one or two others that are the same but nowhere near enough to keep up with the trade we do and allow us anything close to a life. All I wanted was one shift off tonight, bear in mind I've already worked today, and not one of the disloyal, selfish twats will cover me, nor will my boss who will just suck it up and see it out as he watches become more desperate as I try to find cover to go and see a friend who has just come out of hospital after being very ill (she had a rare allergic reaction to an antibiotic and her liver had started to shut down, she even had to cancel her wedding). "ohhhh....ummmm.....ugh....I'm on a course." A course? Until half midnight? That's a pretty impressive course, what are they paying the tutor for that then? Oh fuck off, I would rather be just flat out told I don't want to do it than be lied to and treated like I was born yesterday.

Three people of the six I've tried I have spent the last month covering and not one of them will help me out for a few hours, not to mention the fact I'd already sacrificed my solitary day off in an attempt to get this one evening off. So now I'll be at work for a fortnight straight covering both myself and everyone else whilst not even getting the one small slice of time off I wanted that I originally gave up everything else for. My boss thinks this is okay because all he gives a flying fuck about is his horse running today. Corrupt, two-faced trade that is as well. I hope the thing doesn't even make it out the stalls and I hope he loses so much money I have to mop up the tears tonight.

Oh and I'll run the restaurant too because he let his head waitress go on holiday in the middle of half-term and no-one else knows what they're doing and then after that I can run the bar and then I can sort out the KPs who have to be dictated to on how to sweep up peas. One person, just one person, moans tonight and they'll be lucky if they don't go through the window.

Rant over.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 8810
RE: I am pissed off because... - 20/10/2012 8:24:20 PM   
Harry Tuttle

My "guaranteed delivery on Saturday, 20th October" through Amazon Prime didn't arrive today. I'm pissed off because I signed up with Prime specifically so that my stuff would arrive today. I also stayed in most of the day in case I missed the postie. Getting them next week is going to be a massive fucking ballache now as I'll have to pick them up from the depot. If I'd have known that they weren't arriving today I'd have had them shipped to fucking work .

Thankfully I'm on a free month of Prime, there's no fucking way in hell I'll be signing up permanently at the end of the trial period now.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 20/10/2012 8:25:10 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 8811
RE: I am pissed off because... - 20/10/2012 8:29:55 PM   
elab49

I cancelled Prime mid-way through as well - it just wasn't all it was cracked up to be and I didn't see the point of paying for the service when, at that point, I just wanted normal 1st class to get stuff quicker. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 8812
RE: I am pissed off because... - 22/10/2012 6:30:40 PM   
Ref

Got a job interview on Thursday, but my current employers are not allowing me time off (I even suggested to take it unpaid). So if the interview cannot be re-arranged I've decided that I'm gonna go and just quit my job - they're a load of turds anyway.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 8813
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/10/2012 7:00:31 AM   
sanchia

I am supposed to have an operation on Monday but I think I am coming down with a cold, which will mess things up big time.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 8814
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/10/2012 2:12:53 PM   
donethinking

30 fine for riding my scooter in an empty bus lane....baaaaaaah

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 8815
RE: I am pissed off because... - 24/10/2012 7:56:34 PM   
Sway

What a heap of pish.

Couple of weeks ago I had a doctor's appointment and he prescribed me with relevant medication for what he believed to be the problem. Few days later I got a letter in from the doctor saying that following his examination he thought it would be in my best interests to get checked out by a specialist at the hospital and so had referred me.

The letter didn't make it clear whether I'd need to contact the hospital myself or wait to hear from them. So a week later I called my doctor's surgery to try and get an answer. They were useless and couldn't give me a concrete answer, instead telling me to call the hospital to make sure they have my latest address.

So I called the hospital and got bandied about from department to department, once getting cut off, so had to call back and go through my story again, to another 3 people. Finally got hold of a relevant person, and I again, explained I wasn't too sure if I had to call and make the appointment or whether they'd issue me with one and she told me that they'd received the doctor's referral and I should receive my letter from the hospital fairly soon.

Got home today and found a letter from the hospital and thought, 'about time!', opened it up to see when my appointment is, only to find a letter telling me to call them and make an appointment.

What the fucking fuck fuck???

< Message edited by Sway -- 24/10/2012 7:59:27 PM >

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to donethinking)
Post #: 8816
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/10/2012 10:10:06 AM   
matty_b

The coroner's report couldn't find a single thing wrong with my brother-in-law. Not one thing. They're going to have to send his heart off to a specialist to determine what happened to him.

The funeral may not be for another six weeks.

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 8817
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/10/2012 11:22:03 AM   
Hobbitonlass

That's awful Matty. I guess you'd like to know for sure what happened but at the same time you can't say goodbye

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 8818
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/10/2012 11:25:56 AM   
matty_b

It's just...endless. We want to know what happened, so we can give him his send off and everyone can begin to take the first steps they need to move on with their lives. Christmas was already going to be tough without him, but it's going to be horrendous if it comes just a couple of weeks after burying him.

quote:

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 8819
RE: I am pissed off because... - 27/10/2012 11:58:47 AM   
MovieAddict247

Oh Matty, that's awful.

It's a horrible, horrible thing to have happened and I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's just words, but all the best to you and your family.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 8820
Page:   <<   < prev  292 293 [294] 295 296   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: I am pissed off because... Page: <<   < prev  292 293 [294] 295 296   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI