Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Fight Club To Become A Musical?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Fight Club To Become A Musical? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fight Club To Become A Musical? - 8/1/2008 11:19:49 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 8/1/2008 11:19:49 AM   
shawshank prisoner

i'd love to see that. it has potential to be brilliant.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 8/1/2008 11:26:48 AM   
holsy

i would be first in line if that came to the West End.

Post #: 3
RE: - 8/1/2008 12:06:14 PM   
mudweiser

Tim Burton is apparently going to do the film adaptation of the musical.

"Right now it's only a notion but I think I can get money to make it into a concept, and later, turn it into an idea."

I really hope that one day I'll actually finish one of the many scripts I'm writing.

(in reply to holsy)
Post #: 4
RE: RE: - 8/1/2008 12:35:26 PM   
dunkah

quote:

ORIGINAL: mudweiser

Who'd do you reckon he'd cast as Marla Singer?

(in reply to mudweiser)
Post #: 5
RE: Fight Club To Become A Musical? - 8/1/2008 12:44:46 PM   
lukeyboy

I like the sound of Lullaby,...i think that would be right up Fincher's street. It's a shame he doesn't get more work (or should that be "do" more work) because along with Alex Proyas, i think he is one of the most atmospheric directors around.
Although Zodiac was an interesting movie with great performances all round, i found myself as bored as a post halfway through!...... Am I alone on that front Fincher fans?? 
Panic Room was alright, but just alright..... to me it seems that David Fincher hasn't been able to really pull one out of the bag since The Game! (an underated gem of a movie in my opinion).

Here's hoping his next project is a real belter!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

Post #: 6
RE: Fight Club To Become A Musical? - 8/1/2008 12:51:35 PM   
lukeyboy

I like the sound of Lullaby,..i think that would be right up Fincher's street. It's a shame that he doesn't get or do more work, because along with Alex Proyas I think he's one of the best and most atmospheric directors around!
It seems to me that David Fincher hasn't really pulled it out of the bag since The Game (an underated gem in my opinion) Panic Room was o.k ...but only o.k and although Zodiac was an interesting movie with faultless performances all round,...i found myself bored to tears halfway through!...am i alone on that one fellow Fincher fans? 

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

Post #: 7
RE: Fight Club To Become A Musical? - 8/1/2008 12:52:51 PM   
lukeyboy

Sorry for the double post,....my computers being an asshole!!

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 8
- 8/1/2008 1:17:50 PM   
jibjob82

Fictional stories do not translate into a Musical, FACT. Lord Of The Rings.. shit. Dirty Dancing.. Shit. Desperatley Seeking Susan.. Unbeleivably shit. Fight Club does not make sense as a musical, how could it possibly work? Would they make Taxi Driver the musical or the Godfather? What that film means to men of a certain age and were lucky enough to have their lives changed by watching it in '99 cannot possibly transcend onto a stage full of waif like men daning around. I saw Guys and Dolls not to long ago and the main problem with that was that the men weren't men. No offence to any performer in it but Adam Cooper star of the Royal Ballet playing Marlon Brando's part? Give me a break. John Barrowman as Tyler Durden anyone?

Post #: 9
RE: - 8/1/2008 1:24:44 PM   
adambatman82

i think fincher is one of the best filmmakers in the world at the moment, zodiac was in my top 3 of the year and the curious case of benjamin button has been on my radar for as long as i can remember. tbh i dont think that a fincher backed fight club musical would be quite the same thing as the usual film-musical adaptation, just look at the critique of the subject matter for proof. if anything it will probably turn out to be hugely satirical, thats if hes been serious.

(in reply to jibjob82)
Post #: 10
RE: - 8/1/2008 1:38:23 PM   
Rumbaabaa

quote:

Fictional stories do not translate into a Musical, FACT. Lord Of The Rings.. shit. Dirty Dancing.. Shit. Desperatley Seeking Susan.. Unbeleivably shit. Fight Club does not make sense as a musical, how could it possibly work?

I'm confused. Are you saying that The Phantom of the Opera is rubbish, or that it's based on a true story.

quote:

Would they make Taxi Driver the musical or the Godfather?

Now there's an idea!

(in reply to jibjob82)
Post #: 11
RE: RE: - 8/1/2008 7:07:14 PM   
target

quote:

ORIGINAL: dunkah

quote:

ORIGINAL: mudweiser

Who'd do you reckon he'd cast as Marla Singer?

Johnny Depp, probably.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to dunkah)
Post #: 12
diary - 8/1/2008 8:11:58 PM   
dessie

Fincher should do Diary not Lulaby if he is thinking of doin another of Chuck's books

Post #: 13
RE: diary - 8/1/2008 9:06:38 PM   
Deviation

In want to see Blade Runner the musical.

Actually am I the only who feels like puking when he hears news like these?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to dessie)
Post #: 14
Do Rama dammit! - 9/1/2008 9:58:38 AM   
the ageless stranger

He's been talking about Rama for years. I'd love to see a Fincher sci-fi. (I know, I know Alien 3, and I'm one of the few who actually liked it, but that was more of a horror) And I'd love to see Rama on-screen. There was even talk of getting Morgan Freeman to star in it. What's not to like?

Please, don't waste time on a musical Fight Club, and PLEASE, for the love of GOD, I implore Mr. Fincher not to go down the Zemeckis road of 3D animation.

Post #: 15
Fight Club Musical? - 9/1/2008 5:23:30 PM   
Bushman

Genius! It'll be the greatest stage show since Troy McClure starred in the musical adaptation of 'Planet of the Apes'. Joking aside, I'm a huge fan of his work and will look forward to the Rama project.

Post #: 16
RE: RE: - 9/1/2008 8:45:11 PM   
jibjob82

Yeah it is, have you read the book? Good musicals work when the story is based on fact: Evita, Jason Robert Browns Parade or Les Mis.

(in reply to Rumbaabaa)
Post #: 17
RE: Fight Club To Become A Musical? - 11/1/2008 9:03:33 AM   
Ranting Fool

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or a painfully bad one but I have to admit that they would have my money if it happened....

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Fight Club To Become A Musical? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI