Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 23/12/2007 2:52:19 PM   
Zaphod121

No I'm not ashamed to say it, I freakin love Gilmore Girls, only really started to watch on my brothers girlfriends recommendation, managed to catch the first 5 seasons when they were re-ran on the Hallmark channel and haven't seen any after that. My favourite character is probably Paris, especially when her and Rory became friends (so to speak) around Season 3. Now tell me I'm not alone in loving the show.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel
Post #: 1
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 23/12/2007 8:10:07 PM   
Deviation

I hate this show. Sorry. But I hate it. Luckily I can't remember much of the little I've seen from it. Phew........................

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 2
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 26/12/2007 11:43:03 PM   
Zaphod121

No one a fan?

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 3
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 29/12/2007 8:35:40 PM   
oddzag

No just you. Sorry dude, it sucks.

Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 4
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 29/12/2007 8:43:40 PM   
Zaphod121

I know someone on here likes it, ah ha! Taken from the guilty pleasures thread a while back.

quote:

ORIGINAL: LB Jeffries

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

Gilmore Girls..... nuff said.

I wouldn't call this a guilty pleasure, Zaph. Anyone who's into the dialogue-heavy, clever, quick-delivery of shows like The West Wing or Veronica Mars should love it. I certainly do.

Where are you when I need you LB!

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to oddzag)
Post #: 5
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 29/12/2007 9:30:07 PM   
LB Jeffries

quote:

I know someone on here likes it, ah ha! Taken from the guilty pleasures thread a while back.

quote:

ORIGINAL: LB Jeffries

quote:

Gilmore Girls..... nuff said.

I wouldn't call this a guilty pleasure, Zaph. Anyone who's into the dialogue-heavy, clever, quick-delivery of shows like The West Wing or Veronica Mars should love it. I certainly do.

Where are you when I need you LB!

I'm here, Zaph!!
I'll repeat what I said in the other thread - it's a terrific show and a much-underrated gem - if you like VM you should like this. The fact that it finished after Amy Sherman-Palladino left is no surprise, however. Apparently she is very interested in writing a special. Hopefully it'll come to fruition in a few years and be a good 'un.
Her new show - The Return of Jezebel James, starring the gorgeous Laura Ambrose, was due to be shown in March but I'm not sure what's happening to it due to the strike - it's already had it's number of episodes cut. Hopefully that'll be terrific, too.

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 6
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 29/12/2007 9:46:44 PM   
Zaphod121

I thought it went on for one more season after Amy Sherman-Palladino left.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to LB Jeffries)
Post #: 7
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 29/12/2007 9:49:22 PM   
LB Jeffries

quote:

I thought it went on for one more season after Amy Sherman-Palladino left.

It did but that was my point. It wasn't as good, the ratings were dropping and the actors started to look elsewhere. Think TWW season 5.

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 8
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 29/12/2007 9:53:03 PM   
Zaphod121

Only seen up to WW S2 But I haven't seen 6 or 7 of GG, but am hoping for a TV special/movie or something.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to LB Jeffries)
Post #: 9
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 30/12/2007 1:11:59 AM   
hammerhead

never heard of it. is it chick flick TV?

I know now with certainty who I am. But I'll be damned if I'll ever know the point. And now all I can ask is, "who was he?" And "who was she?" And "what was the point? "

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 10
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 19/6/2008 10:06:55 AM   
Sibbo

its awesome tv is what it is.

(in reply to hammerhead)
Post #: 11
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 19/6/2008 10:13:48 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: hammerhead

never heard of it. is it chick flick TV?

It tries to be smarter than that placing a lot of emphasis on the rapid-fire dialogue interchanges between mother and daughter. But, ultimately, they both become excessively wearing and you suffer the rest of season 1 for some fun supporting characters.

My other half watched the whole thing but even he didn't rate the last few seasons that highly. Apparently a slight bright spot one season before the end when Jane Espenson helped out but fortunately she took her talents to better shows -ie BSG!

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to hammerhead)
Post #: 12
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 19/6/2008 10:45:15 AM   
geekpenguin

I absolutely adore the Gilmore Girls pre the season where Rory goes off to college. As soon as she met up with that blonde guy, she just went in completely the wrong direction, and imo the show went down the tubes :(. But other than that, it's such a great show. I always loved the interaction between Rory and Lorelai - I found them a bit like my mom and myself (having had a similar experience growing up).

I think either Luke or Lorelai were my favourite characters. And don't forget that it had Milo Ventimiglia in it :D!

"When you can't run, you crawl; and when you can't crawl anymore, when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you."

Batman Begins *****
The Dark Knight **** and a half...

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 13
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 21/6/2008 11:22:40 AM   
spark1

you know e4's been showing it in mornings daily for last month.

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?event=10&channelId=158&programmeId=80112308&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details_fullpage.jsp

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 14
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 21/6/2008 12:17:51 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: geekpenguin

I absolutely adore the Gilmore Girls pre the season where Rory goes off to college. As soon as she met up with that blonde guy, she just went in completely the wrong direction, and imo the show went down the tubes :(. But other than that, it's such a great show. I always loved the interaction between Rory and Lorelai - I found them a bit like my mom and myself (having had a similar experience growing up).

I think either Luke or Lorelai were my favourite characters. And don't forget that it had Milo Ventimiglia in it :D!

I actually like Logan (the blonde guy) way better Dean or Jess, Dean just annoys the hell out of me. I'm only up to half way through S6 so far, but S5 has been one of the best.

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 21/6/2008 12:18:17 PM >

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to geekpenguin)
Post #: 15
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 23/6/2008 2:59:08 PM   
Skiba

I watched a few epsiodes of this recently in Sweden as my missus' sisters love it but I absolutely hated it sorry!  Nobody speaks like that...it's the soapy/drama equivalent of watching a quickfire tennis match

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 16
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 24/6/2008 1:44:29 PM   
geekpenguin

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: geekpenguin

I actually like Logan (the blonde guy) way better Dean or Jess, Dean just annoys the hell out of me. I'm only up to half way through S6 so far, but S5 has been one of the best.

Well, whatever floats your boat :). I agree on the Dean thing, but it was like her first boyfriend so I thought it kinda worked...probably helped that I had a bit of a crush on Jared Padelecki at the time o_O (I was only 16!!! I hasten to add, so it was quite a while ago). I dunno :( it just didn't work for me after she went off to college. Oh well!

"When you can't run, you crawl; and when you can't crawl anymore, when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you."

Batman Begins *****
The Dark Knight **** and a half...

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 17
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 26/6/2008 1:47:05 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Do they have a new series of GG coming out? They've been re-running the series on E4 (which apparently is BRAND NEW to them) What a way to confuse people.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to geekpenguin)
Post #: 18
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 26/6/2008 5:27:43 PM   
Sibbo

no there is no new series being made atm, but yeah "brand new".....to e4. :D 

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 19
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 5/8/2008 3:17:47 PM   
steffols

I love Gilmore Girls, its like what Terms of Endearment would be if they had made a TV spin off.  I love all the characters, although the way everyone just loooooves Rory and how Rory is just sooooooo special to everyone and how Rory simply cant put a foot wrong really really annoys me.  Also Lorelai kinda annoys me, just because she cant seem to understand when a joke is not needed.  I love the rest of it though, the interaction with Luke and the other residents of Stars Hollow is fantastic.  Especially Kirk and Taylor.  Edward Herrman is brilliant as well.

I think Season 3 is about to start tomorrow on E4 cause it was the season end of season 2 this morning.  If they stop showing it, I think I may break down.  Its become such a part of my day!

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Sibbo)
Post #: 20
RE: Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! - 5/8/2008 8:18:06 PM   
Zaphod121

Glad to see another fan, were few and scare on Empire, I'm hoping to get the Season 7 DVD set soon so I can finally finish watching the series and see how it all ends.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Gilmore Girls Appreciation Thread! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI