Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 24/3/2009 12:01:54 PM   
CORLEONE

There were trailers in every ad break of 24 on Sky One last night. Looks bloody fantastic.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 91
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 24/3/2009 12:30:41 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

The latest trailer I saw looked superb - what's the budget on this thing?

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 92
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 24/3/2009 10:45:06 PM   
adambatman82

bit of a scoop, but i was working tonight with simon beaufoy, he who wrote slumdog millionaire, and he revealed that hes writing the second wolverine film, which as far as i am aware is thus far announced.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 93
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 25/3/2009 9:11:05 AM   
Marwood

Interesting news. Mr Jackman has stated before that he'd like to do another Wolverine solo film but I guess it depends on the success of this one.
Hopefully Mr Beaufoy will be working on a Japan-set story. Wolverine vs Ninjas. Brilliant.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 94
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 25/3/2009 6:44:07 PM   
captainrentboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

bit of a scoop, but i was working tonight with simon beaufoy, he who wrote slumdog millionaire, and he revealed that hes writing the second wolverine film, which as far as i am aware is thus far announced.

Would you happen to be the Adam that tipped off fat Harry over on aicn?
If not it's just a slightly large coincidence.

Post #: 95
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 25/3/2009 6:59:48 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: captainrentboy

quote:

Would you happen to be the Adam that tipped off fat Harry over on aicn?
If not it's just a slightly large coincidence.

yep that was me. first time iv ever managed to find such privy info out, i thought id make best use of it!

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 96
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 25/3/2009 8:02:37 PM   
adambatman82

my story is up on slashfilm now too, although they claim that fox are denying it! its all very annoying, he definately said it last night, why on earth would i make it up?!

Post #: 97
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 26/3/2009 10:02:27 AM   
Marwood

quote:

my story is up on slashfilm now too, although they claim that fox are denying it! its all very annoying, he definately said it last night, why on earth would i make it up?!

It's the internet man, how many times before have "100% true scoops" and "exclusives" been reported and swiftly turned out to be bollocks? A lot of the time it's people who want to mess with you or just want attention for their website and start making up "news" to get more hits.
I however do believe you so I would assume Fox/Marvel are keeping any future plans close to their chests until this film has been released. Also Mr Beaufoy may have been approached to write it but that doesn't mean his script will see the light of day. Again - how many times have scripts been completed and consequently shelved?

Post #: 98
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 26/3/2009 10:53:44 PM   
adambatman82

iv gotten into so much trouble with the film festival over the 'slumdog wolverine' story, its kinda spread like wildfire, with even entertainment weekly commenting on it -

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/03/wolverine-2-wil.html

its crazy the way that something like this develops, it was a throwaway line that has somehow spiralled. theres lots of publicity for the film festival too, alas theyre still really pissed about it.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 99
The film has LEAKED!!!!!!! - 1/4/2009 10:07:38 AM   
I Went Down

Someone at Fox is gonna get effing skewered by Wolverine today! It's all over the net. And no, this is not an April Fool's day joke. Just check aintitcool..

Post #: 100
Wolverine - 1/4/2009 11:14:24 AM   
dannyfletch

Not sure what to make of this from the trailer. Holloywood can Make any pile of crap look good from a trailer

Post #: 101
LEAKED - 1/4/2009 4:54:34 PM   
billkiller

Yep. 75,000 downloads so far... Wonder how many people in the EMPIRE office have their torrent software running! ;-) naughty naughty

Post #: 102
Seen the unfinshed cut - 1/4/2009 10:28:11 PM   
elmwood2309

No reviews, thanks.

< Message edited by Neth -- 2/4/2009 1:54:55 PM >

Post #: 103
RE: Seen the unfinshed cut - 2/4/2009 1:44:11 PM   
DeadlyAvenger

... and you Mr Elmwood should be locked up or deported for crimes against cinema - shame on you.

Fortunately, your post is incoherent, contradictory and makes little sense so shouldn't affect the opinion of real movie fans that don't let illegal industry damaging stolen pirate material influence their judgement.

"it wasn't brilliant it was more on the line of the first X-Men movie"... yet..."never seems to reach the heights of Singer's films"... and are you saying Spiderman 2 is the standard to surpass or Dark Knight? - suggest you edit your post

(in reply to elmwood2309)
Post #: 104
seen it! - 3/4/2009 3:06:26 PM   
jono31

saw it this morning and it was great, granted it was unfinished but hey, wasnt hard to follow!

Post #: 105
RE: Wolverine - 13/4/2009 2:18:19 PM   
Ref

New Character tv spots:

Wolvie ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-My37059ls

Victor Creed ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG5N3aKUfrA&feature=response_watch

Wraith ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt1talNT-b4&feature=response_watch

Deadpool ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_boEFnZlE8&feature=response_watch

Gambit ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRc1IPYTAOw&feature=response_watch

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to jono31)
Post #: 106
RE: Wolverine - 14/4/2009 6:20:43 AM   
JoeyPottr

Cool, this character is the only reason I even watched the X-Men movies in the first place, that and Magneto was cool too. I love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, very few men can make mutton chops look hot.

wandering through the tall grass of life

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 107
RE: Wolverine - 14/4/2009 11:21:20 AM   
Marwood

I like those character TV spots - shame they don't show any new footage (other than Deadpool cutting a bullet in half) but they're a good idea. Deadpool and Creeds were the best imo, "I'm an animal that dreamed it was a man" or something to that effect is a great line. Also "I've always wanted to meet new and interesting people....and kill them". Brilliant.

I'm looking forward to this but can't shake the X-Men: The Last Stand sinking feeling, from trailers etc. this just looks a bit overstuffed. Oh well, fingers crossed.

(in reply to JoeyPottr)
Post #: 108
RE: Wolverine - 22/4/2009 12:59:00 PM   
Lex Romero

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/04/21/wolverine-running-time-controversy-and-new-internet-trailer/

Apparantly the claims that "we're adding another 10/15 minutes to the film that will make it even awesomer!" might have been an exageration.  Whatever scenes were added have simply replaced some other scenes. Why is it Fox will barely let a film run over 100 minutes?  It smacks of "who cares about the quality, we need this showing as many times a day as we can!".

Hopefully whatever cuts there were, were to the lumberjack scenes.

My Film list for 2009:

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2164869&mpage=39

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 109
RE: Wolverine - 24/4/2009 7:03:45 PM   
Monkeyshaver

3 stars in Total Film

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to Lex Romero)
Post #: 110
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 25/4/2009 4:49:32 AM   
JoeyPottr

Saw an exclusive scene on Cinemax today, Hugh Jackman was explaining what was going on, it looks like a cool movie, Jackman actually had to tone up for this, to lose some of the bulk from before. Awesome.

wandering through the tall grass of life

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 111
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 27/4/2009 1:18:56 PM   
Marwood

3 stars in Total Film eh? Well there's a surprise....

Having read the review though it doesn't even seem like they've seen it to me. Everything they touch on has been glimpsed in trailers or quoted in interviews so even if you're remaining spoiler free you can put enough together to write up their review. Rubbish.

So where's the Empire review? You guys have let Total Film beat you to the punch (providing theirs is genuine) on the first of the Big Summer Movies (Monster vs Aliens and Watchmen don't count as summer imo).

< Message edited by Marwood -- 27/4/2009 1:21:40 PM >

(in reply to JoeyPottr)
Post #: 112
Inpatient - 27/4/2009 3:13:43 PM   
woody1545

All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no review make jack a dull boy, All work and no revi

Post #: 113
Review schedules? - 28/4/2009 9:59:55 AM   
nclowe

How come Star Trek can get reviewed over 2 weeks early, yet a film out tomorrow (or in some cases, late tonight!) is still review-less?

Thats not a complaint, just genuine interest. Do some fims have a ban saying 'No reviews till opening day', or is it more a case of Empire reviewers not getting to see advanced viewings and having to go along with joe-public to see early showings?

Post #: 114
Saw this last night... - 28/4/2009 12:03:29 PM   
Seamie

....Very...'meh'....I was very disappointed:( Some good actions scenes but the 'plot' is ridiculous and very annoying. Wolverine seems hell bent on killing Stryker and Sabretooth but when given the chance he just does what they ask. He was a push over. As much as i like Hugh Jackman, he was pretty bad in his 'emotional scenes' he's best when fighting with knives coming out of his hands! Also the weapon X programme was so....easy! That pure alloy is seemingly the easiest thing to attach to your bones!

Boring for the most part and characters were very underused. Emma Frost has about 3 minutes (if even) and Ryan Reynold's Wade (best character in the movie) has about 5 minutes...very shoddy.

The final act and use of a certain character is some of the worst, childish thing i've ever seen. You'd swear that X2 (the best in the series) never happened! Had the screen writers seen any of the X-Men films?!

Post #: 115
Whyyyy..are we..waiiiiiiting.... - 28/4/2009 12:29:25 PM   
piccolo135

Review please Empire!!!

Post #: 116
RE: Whyyyy..are we..waiiiiiiting.... - 28/4/2009 12:57:08 PM   
jmebaby25

I guess they just haven't had a screening for the critics yet - some, like star trek, have advanced screenings and some don't. It's usually a bad sign if they don't want the critics to see it, because they expect poor reviews and don't want the opening weekend sales to suffer.

Hopefully that isn't the case with Wolverine. I've still got my fingers crossed for it being more like X2 that the woeful X-Men 3....

I make the world wide web a little prettier.
www.hoylandwebdesign.com

(in reply to piccolo135)
Post #: 117
This Movie Rocked My Socks...Both of Them - 28/4/2009 1:38:36 PM   
popcornadict

I honestly don't think I have ever unanticipated a movie as much as I did this one before. Figuring it was gonna contradict the trilogy which came before, and waste two and a half hours of my life re-exploring a character I was bored of half way through the first X-Men movie I was completely wrong.
After a particularly dodgy introduction, placing Jackman in every single war since the dawn of time the moviefound its heart in a small cabin in the middle of nowhere. From there it killed people, introduced people, brought people back and made Scott Summers look far cooler, and far more powerful than he ever did as an X-Man. Most importantly though it explained Wolverine. The reason he chose that name for example, was touching, as was his temporary adoption by two old timers, a sence of pathos completely absent from his character until now.
Sure some of the effects were rather trash, and what happened to his Jacket at the end, and maybe Gambit was a little underused but I'm sure there will be many more movies to do justice to many more characters than just Wolverine.
Please though, he's done now. Leave Wolverine alone and focus on Gambit, Cyclops and, for the love of God, Jubilee!!!

Post #: 118
- 28/4/2009 1:42:42 PM   
crazymoviesdude

No review just one day before release?? No test screenings? Any chance one of you could have watched the leaked copy online?

Post #: 119
RE: Whyyyy..are we..waiiiiiiting.... - 28/4/2009 1:45:16 PM   
Marwood

Well if there's been no critic screening then how have Total Film got a review (in print, no less) out? I've read that there was something of an embargo from Fox which is why very, very few sites have put official reviews up. However I personally think either TF's review is pieced together from trailers/etc, they've seen the leaked workprint or they were granted special permission/early screening by Fox.

Thing is, there are certain cinemas have late night showings (around 10.30) tonight and many places are showing it proper from tomorrow morning.....so surely this embargo should be finished? If the general public (me included if I can find someone willing to come along) can see it this evening then what does it matter if reviews start popping up now. We're talking a matter of hours. I won't read them because I'm already expecting a solid if unspectacular watch but a lot of people will be trusting in Empire etc. to give them a heads up.

Fox desparately want this to be a hit to combat all the bad stuff reported about behind the scenes fighting and the leak but I think censoring the press may not be the best way to go about it. If a film gets shocking reviews then it could still be a monster hit anyway, how many times has that happened now? Have some faith in your material - Wolverine is still a popular character so I think it's likely to have a big presence at the bo even if it's total shite. And "geek" sites ranting about the film's betrayal of the source material probably won't have as much of an impact as everyone in the studio might fear so I say let them rant away.

(in reply to jmebaby25)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI