Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 16/12/2008 12:49:12 PM   
Stillwater

im pretty sure the idea of wolverine and sabertooth being half brothers is mentioned in the comic books - isnt that why they hate each other?  I also vauely remember that point being brought up as a complaint when original Xmen came out, because people asked why it wasnt mentioned.

Gambit looks ace from the brief glimpse though

Forum Innuendo Champion 2009

"great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex, and sex disguised as love..."

" There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries "

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 31
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 16/12/2008 2:24:47 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Not massively impressed by the trailer but the positives are Gambit looking cool, Sabretooth and that stunt with the exploding vehicle and Wolverine flying towards the helicopter - who is the fat bastard by the way?

(in reply to Stillwater)
Post #: 32
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 16/12/2008 2:27:30 PM   
horatio hornblower

the blob

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 33
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 16/12/2008 2:48:37 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Of course - the good old Blob

(in reply to horatio hornblower)
Post #: 34
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 16/12/2008 3:25:38 PM   
Rumbaabaa

I'm a huge fan of the previous X-Men films, but I can't say I'm looking forward to this. The cast is great, but the main plot seems to be how Wolverine end's up with memory loss and an adamantium skellington, which has already been covered by the first two films. Since it's clearly supposed to be a prequel to X-Men I'm wondering how their going to deal with the differences between Sabretooth and Liev Schriber's Victor Creed - are they even the same character? And the film appears to be a dumping ground for the fanboy's favourites who haven't turned up in a film yet  - Gambit, Deadpool, Blob etc, as well as all the cameos they've squeezed in (Emma Frost, Cyclops, Storm...).

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 35
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 16/12/2008 3:33:24 PM   
CORLEONE

Skellington

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Rumbaabaa)
Post #: 36
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 16/12/2008 3:52:23 PM   
richCie

the shot where he flies towards the helicopter? awful.
looked absolutely terrible...but looks i'm the only one who thought that...

A Blog!! http://richcie.wordpress.com//

#5 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 37
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 16/12/2008 4:00:47 PM   
Rumbaabaa

quote:

ORIGINAL: richCie

No, you are not alone.

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 38
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 17/12/2008 2:37:00 AM   
horatio hornblower

it certainly did not appear to be as visually interesting as X-men I and II i think they had great atmosphere
this looks more mundane

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow

(in reply to Rumbaabaa)
Post #: 39
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 17/12/2008 5:37:47 PM   
captainrentboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: richCie

Yeah that looked dire, but if previous big summer movie's first trailers are anything to go by, it's the type of shot that will be tidied up over the next four months.
Apart from that part I thought it all looked pretty sweet.

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 40
They better not mess this up... - 18/12/2008 12:21:55 AM   
warpedai

Wolverine has arguably the best story out of the entire Marvel franchise, and he should have a film to match. What is immediately worrying for me is the look of Sabretooth. Creed is not a man with a trimmed beard and short hair ffs, he is a monster! Even his depiction in X-Men I looks better than the one in this movie! Bloody hell don't mess that up,

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 41
RE: They better not mess this up... - 19/12/2008 3:16:29 AM   
Laurelindorenano

Quite so, messing with the established image of characters. Is it innovation for innovation's sake? And if so, before embarking on it, did they consider researching what the reaction would be from the readers of the graphic novels and the fans of the movies?

The Dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark...

(in reply to warpedai)
Post #: 42
RE: They better not mess this up... - 19/12/2008 3:48:36 AM   
horatio hornblower

of course they did not they do not care, those who care will go see the movie anyway it was Hughes suggestion on the casting of sabertooth so blame him
i hat the helicopter bit thats mission impossible stuff

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow

(in reply to Laurelindorenano)
Post #: 43
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 19/12/2008 4:15:29 PM   
captainrentboy

I'll tell you what I'm now very much looking forward too, and that's seeing how big of a part they've given Scott Adkins as Weapon XI. After seeing his name mentioned on some other very geeky forums I thought I'd check him out in Undisputed 2 (Don't laugh), and holy shit, where did this awesome bastard come from? He has unbelievable martial arts skills, some of the things he was doing in the above movie were out of this world. He managed to make Michael Jai White look like a decrepid old man, and he's no slouch himself.
So I can only hope that they've given him a lengthy action sequence in Wolverine, if only to get him more recognised by the mainstream which could then lead to some bigger films.
Kudos to the director of Undisputed 2 also, for I haven't seen fight sequences of that quality for many years now. If you're a fight fan I recommend checking it out!

Post #: 44
RE: They better not mess this up... - 19/12/2008 6:30:29 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: warpedai

Wolverine has arguably the best story out of the entire Marvel franchise, and he should have a film to match. What is immediately worrying for me is the look of Sabretooth. Creed is not a man with a trimmed beard and short hair ffs, he is a monster! Even his depiction in X-Men I looks better than the one in this movie! Bloody hell don't mess that up,

I don't mind the look of Creed although maybe Liev could have beefed up more and been made to stand taller than Wolverine. Or even some prosthetic work could have been used to make him more physically similar to Tyler Mane considering the character appears radically different in X-Men. Or is he a different character altogether in this movie universe?

I think the issue will be danced around. Creed won't be called Sabertooth in Wolverine according to all involved (see this months Empire) and Sabertooth in X-Men was never referred to as Victor Creed so I'm willing to put money on Lauren Donner or Hugh Jackman saying at some point that they're different characters with really similar abilities. Either that or a Wolverine Part 2 will show a transition from Liev Shreiber's Creed into Tyler Mane's Sabertooth by some bullshit "further mutation" or "outside interference". Plus both Wolverine and Creed/Sabertooth will have their memories wiped so by the time of the first X-Men film's chronology neither character would recognise the other when they butt heads. Solved.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to warpedai)
Post #: 45
Brilliant - 19/12/2008 6:33:19 PM   
robwnx

I'm gonna put my neck out here and say that, done right, Wolverine could be the best film of 2009! I've just watched the trailer online and I have to say it looks absolutly amazing. I really can't wait for this one to hit the big screen. Bring it on I say, bring it on.

Post #: 46
Cool - 20/12/2008 6:59:45 PM   
Slinkson

The more I watch this trailer the better it looks really cant wait for next year. Liev looks very good as Vic Creed but dunno why they did not make him blonde like he is in the comics and first X Men movie

Post #: 47
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 22/12/2008 12:08:40 AM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stillwater

im pretty sure the idea of wolverine and sabertooth being half brothers is mentioned in the comic books - isnt that why they hate each other?  I also vauely remember that point being brought up as a complaint when original Xmen came out, because people asked why it wasnt mentioned.

I finally watched the latest trailer and I am highly impress. The first half is excellent music and pacing but the other other is too many money shots.

The whole Wovlerine and Sabertooth being half brothers is confusing. Both having quick regeneration so would their father have it also but juding from the trailer he doesn't?

(in reply to Stillwater)
Post #: 48
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 22/12/2008 12:18:27 AM   
Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stillwater

I finally watched the latest trailer and I am highly impress. The first half is excellent music and pacing but the other other is too many money shots.

The whole Wovlerine and Sabertooth being half brothers is confusing. Both having quick regeneration so would their father have it also but juding from the trailer he doesn't?

In the comics isn't Wolverines real name Hewlett and he changes it to Logan as his real father who is some kind of drifter is called Logan?

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 49
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 22/12/2008 6:44:38 AM   
Slinkson

In the comic Origin it is revealed that Wolverines real name is James Howlett he adopts the name Logan when he runs away , at one point in the Wolverine comic Shield claim that Sabretooth is Wolvies father but that later turns out to be incorrect . From the trailer looks like they ae sticking to the Origin comic to start of with but Im not really sure about Logan choosing to enter the Weapon X program and have the Adamantium  inplanted , in the Weapon X comic he is drugged and forced to have it implanted , but then again Stryker in the comic is very different from the movie version and has nothing to do with Weapon X at all , in the comic Stryker is a evangelical Preacher who belives that Mutants and Demons

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 50
This Film Looks Amazong! - 16/1/2009 7:06:34 PM   
MadDrummer666

This is going to be the best X-Men film ever, it's true that X2 was really good, and X-Men was a good starter film for the trilogy, but then popped up The Last Stand, which truly sucked! The idea of having some of the newer students like Shadowcat (Kitty) was good and having the hairy blue man Beast was great, with villains like Phoenix, Juggernaugt and Multiple-Man kinda sucked! When I heard Juggernaugt was in it I got hyped! But he was hardly in it!

Origins will be the best X-Men film to come!

Post #: 51
problems ahead? - 17/1/2009 6:25:31 PM   
blink

hey, ive just heard a rumor from a friend that it won;t be coming out this year becuase 20th century has changed things about too much and the director is going to shoot it all again! can anyone tell me if this is true or utter crap?, if it is true im guessing empire will tell us on mon?

Post #: 52
problems ahead? - 17/1/2009 6:28:36 PM   
blink

hey, ive just heard a rumor from a friend that it won;t be coming out this year becuase 20th century has changed things about too much and the director is going to shoot it all again! can anyone tell me if this is true or utter crap?, if it is true im guessing empire will tell us on mon?

Post #: 53
RE: problems ahead? - 18/1/2009 11:02:11 AM   
Ref

Hugh Jackman responds to Wolverine Reshoots + new group photo

Courtesy of The Film Stage.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to blink)
Post #: 54
RE: problems ahead? - 19/1/2009 12:24:30 PM   
Marwood

Seems reasonable enough. I think if people already believe this film is in trouble then the reshoots will further convince, despite Hugh's message.

However many films of this type undergo reshoots/additional filming after the initial photography. Bryan Singer had to undertake some on X2 in England to get Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman together because of scheduling (the epilogue scene where they and Cyclops discuss Jeans "death") so the Wolverine reshoots could have been planned ages ago.

I think whatever problems reported have been blown out of proportion as, let's be honest, it's not been an Apocalypse Now style shoot has it? All that's likely to have happened is creative differences between Gavin Hood and Fox/the producers. That isn't rare as many Fox haters will be quick to point out, the studio seems to have a habit of micro-managing the films so it's hardly unexpected if the director gets pissed off.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 55
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 19/1/2009 4:57:40 PM   
dr. salvador

looks like a good film although i'll wait until i see a trailer or something first

"Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
United we stand, divided we fall.
Together we are what we can't be alone,
We came to this country, you made it our home."

Post #: 56
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 30/1/2009 9:25:28 PM   
Ref

New Wolvie poster:~

Clicky

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to dr. salvador)
Post #: 57
- 2/2/2009 10:10:16 PM   
insanechick774

About 5 seconds into that trailer I got goosebumps...can't wait!!!! Although not sure about Will.i.am though...this puzzles me ever so slightly.

Post #: 58
RE: - 3/2/2009 10:47:03 PM   
gbarker6

the fact that ryan reynolds popped up in this trailer says it all really,
i hope it's good and it looks marginally better than X3 did from that trailer,
but i've yet to see him in anything near half-decent.

also, gambit should've been left out for something better!

(in reply to insanechick774)
Post #: 59
Hello bub - 6/2/2009 1:03:28 PM   
ivanahump

Ive seen da xmen trilogy and i fink its well hip

This film will be a good followon.

but i here that Wolverine will be coming out of the closet
UBAD BOY AWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI