Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> X-Men Origins: Wolverine Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 12/12/2007 9:32:42 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 12/12/2007 9:32:42 PM   
ninjascroll

Can't wait!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 16/2/2008 9:55:28 AM   
Bond11

awesome...

Post #: 3
EMPIRE, PLEASE READ THIS! - 16/6/2008 3:04:32 PM   
I miss the 90s

Right, well there hasn't been any news on this movie updated on Empire for a while, me thinks.
So, I did a lil searching, and all I had to do was surf through google.
I found a nifty link with a shot of the new X-men Origins: Wolverine poster, and three on-set pictures too.
This is the link for the movie poster:

http://screenrant.com/archives/first-poster-for-xmen-origins--1415.html

& this is the link for the three on-set pictures:

http://screenrant.com/xmen-origins-wolverine-set-wwii-2629/

Post #: 4
More newwssss - 16/6/2008 4:06:35 PM   
I miss the 90s

Here's a source, I'm not too sure if it's reliable.
But it's got a picture of Liev Schreiber who is to star as Sabertooth in the new movie.
Here's the link below:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/lievsabertooth3.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/03/04/first-look-liev-schreiber-as-sabertooth/&h=418&w=440&sz=132&hl=en&start=21&tbnid=o6nOmJvlGhTtwM:&tbnh=121&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dx-men%2Borigins%26start%3D18%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Post #: 5
OFFICIAL TRAILER FROM COMIC CON!! - 5/8/2008 1:35:03 PM   
gavc1978

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi1isqO-7XY

Filmed, but a good version!!

Post #: 6
Trailer ?? - 9/12/2008 5:54:55 AM   
Slinkson

When are we going to see the trailer for this ? It was shown at Comic Con but so far has not been released everywhere else , have seen it on U Tube filmed on someones mobile at Comic Con but as expected the quality was bad , it looks good but cmon Marvel you are slacking in the trailer department here given the film is out May 2009.

Post #: 7
RE: Trailer ?? - 13/12/2008 10:54:42 PM   
Ref

New Wolvie trailer for you all - found it on YouTube.

Clicky here

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Slinkson)
Post #: 8
RE: Trailer ?? - 14/12/2008 6:14:25 AM   
KeithM

Is that trailer fucked or am I more drunk than I thought?

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 9
RE: Trailer ?? - 14/12/2008 12:20:17 PM   
Ghidorah

Anyone who don't want to see the crappy remake of a classic, but do want to see the Wolverine trailer attach to it?

Here you go

http://wolverine-trailer.blogspot.com/

(in reply to KeithM)
Post #: 10
RE: Trailer ?? - 14/12/2008 1:26:26 PM   
Marwood

Looks pretty good, very X-Men with all the mutants being featured. As long as it's better than X-Men: The Last Stand I'll be happy enough

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 11
RE: Trailer ?? - 14/12/2008 2:25:38 PM   
mafyou

It looks quite good. I'll be looking out for a HD quality trailer. The beginning looked epic.

Et In Arcadia Ego

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 12
RE: Trailer ?? - 14/12/2008 2:54:43 PM   
somekindof_battery

That looks rather fun and will hopefully remove the bitter taste of X-Men 3 from my mouth (i don't think it's a terrible film, jut really wasted potential)

"I can beat you, I don't need the girl hahah, I DON'T NEED THE GIRL! I don't need the gun John. I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN! AND I'LL KILL YOU NOW!" - Unknown 17th century poet

(in reply to mafyou)
Post #: 13
RE: Trailer ?? - 14/12/2008 3:20:42 PM   
BatFan

It does look like it could be good. Hopefully all the interferance by Tom Rothman won't fuck the film up.
Is it just me or does anyone else notice the fact that on the 4th film where he's played Wolverine. Hugh Jackman still seems enthusiastic and happy to play him. With other Superhero (or any franchise really) films, the actors to me seem to just want to do three (sometimes not even that) and that's it. Tobey Maguire by the time Spiderman 3 came out just seemed fed up and tired which makes me think about what the hell will he be like making 4 and 5 back to back. Christian Bale I can't see doing any more than 3 batman films. But Jackman still seems as happy and excited to talk about Wolverine than when he did X-men 8 years ago. He's even talking about where he'd like to go with a Wolverine sequel (Japan/Samurai storyline).
Personally it's just really refreshingg to see someone still enjoying playing the same character and makes me enjoy the film more because it shows in the film he's stilll happy playing Logan.
Anyone agree?

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to somekindof_battery)
Post #: 14
RE: Trailer ?? - 14/12/2008 7:22:29 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatFan

It does look like it could be good. Hopefully all the interferance by Tom Rothman won't fuck the film up.
Is it just me or does anyone else notice the fact that on the 4th film where he's played Wolverine. Hugh Jackman still seems enthusiastic and happy to play him. With other Superhero (or any franchise really) films, the actors to me seem to just want to do three (sometimes not even that) and that's it. Tobey Maguire by the time Spiderman 3 came out just seemed fed up and tired which makes me think about what the hell will he be like making 4 and 5 back to back. Christian Bale I can't see doing any more than 3 batman films. But Jackman still seems as happy and excited to talk about Wolverine than when he did X-men 8 years ago. He's even talking about where he'd like to go with a Wolverine sequel (Japan/Samurai storyline).
Personally it's just really refreshingg to see someone still enjoying playing the same character and makes me enjoy the film more because it shows in the film he's stilll happy playing Logan.
Anyone agree?

Ive not thought about it like that before, but i dont really read interviews much. My (simple) view is based on the fact that when i think Hugh Jackman i think Wolverine. I know hes been in other films (no shit sherlock! ) but IMO Wolverine, so far, has proven to be a bankable character so his pay cheque will keep getting larger?

but yeah, if he still seems optimistic about it then it sounds great! id prefer him to enjoy doing it rather than for the love of money!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 15
RE: Trailer ?? - 14/12/2008 8:37:11 PM   
Marwood

It is nice to see him still enthusiastic about the character but he said in an interview somewhere recently (IGN?) that if Wolverine tanks and gets critically mauled he'll walk away from the character. Basically he seems savvy enough to realise that flogging a dead horse will just damage his career even if he has more he wants to do with the character.

In terms of the money side I think he also has an enthusiasm because he produced X-Men 3 and is producing Wolverine (both through his production company Seed) so he made a packet from X3 and will stand to make plenty from Wolverine if its a hit too in box office percentage/royalties.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 16
RE: Trailer ?? - 14/12/2008 11:21:07 PM   
somekindof_battery

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatFan

Anyone agree?

I've read and seen interviews with him and he really really loves the character, it's easy to tell. He just seems so enthusiastic about it. I saw a video of him at a comic con i believe and he just looked so into it. It's not like he's short of work elsewhere either, he's a very popular actor who doesn't need the money but just really digs the character. He's already talking about wanting to do another Wolverine film set in Japan.

I think it's wicked to see that kind of enthusiasm for a character and franchise you're a part of especially when most actors usually can't wait to be done with them.

"I can beat you, I don't need the girl hahah, I DON'T NEED THE GIRL! I don't need the gun John. I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN! AND I'LL KILL YOU NOW!" - Unknown 17th century poet

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 17
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 15/12/2008 12:23:13 AM   
adambatman82

anybody got any idea when the trailer is officially being released? i attempted the bootleg but gave up five seconds later.

Post #: 18
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 15/12/2008 8:55:42 AM   
sanchia

It is going to be on the myspace site at 10 a.m. EST time today (whenever that is?)
http://www.myspace.com/x-menorigins

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 19
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 15/12/2008 11:23:49 AM   
elmosmoe

Teere I was on Friday night excited about seeing the Wolverine trailer before The Day the Earth Stood Still.... four trailers later, I was cheated! There was no trailer! Was it just Cineworld being rubbish or was it just meant to be in the US or was it just meant to be before the IMAX screenings?

Post #: 20
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 15/12/2008 12:33:06 PM   
matthewforan

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

It is going to be on the myspace site at 10 a.m. EST time today (whenever that is?)
http://www.myspace.com/x-menorigins

Eastern Standard Time is 5 hours behind us, so we'll probably have it in around two and a half hours.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 21
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 15/12/2008 3:55:27 PM   
HitchHiker

Just posted this in the other thread, if you're not on myspace go to http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=7913 for the trailer. It looks Awesome. Blob, Gambit, Deadpool, Sabretooth, Stryker. I'm very excited.

If God had wanted us to fly he would have built the airports closer to the cities.

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 22
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 15/12/2008 6:11:43 PM   
Ref

My main man, Remy LeBeau is looking good - liking the hat, and liking Wolvie mocking his accent

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to HitchHiker)
Post #: 23
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 15/12/2008 6:38:18 PM   
morg1138

just watched the trailer and indeed this looks good, love the bit with Wolverine flying towards the helicopter.

We've got to start thinking beyond our guns. Those days are closin' fast.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 24
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 15/12/2008 6:47:08 PM   
Timon

Oh my, that's an awesome trailer. And Danny Huston looks great as General Striker. As I'm not a comic lore expert, I have no idea if Sabretooth is Wolvie's brother and such (as explained in the new Empire) but if this is the case, why don't they play on that or mention it in X1? Just curious... not nitpicking...

But again, awesome and I can't wait to see Wolverine storm the Normandy beaches!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to morg1138)
Post #: 25
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 15/12/2008 6:56:56 PM   
James2183

Looks like I am in the minority here then as I thought it looked very average. It started off pretty well but fell into merely showing which Marvel characters are going to feature instead. The effects look pretty bad in places and the slow walk with the explosion in the background looked horrible. Hopefully the film is better than what the trailer shows but I wont set my expectations too high.

I hope we get a Deadpool/Ryan Reynolds spin off though.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 26
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 15/12/2008 6:58:31 PM   
Timon

I thought it looked sharp enough in the Quicktime trailer. The only dodgy shot to me looked to be the one with him holding on to the helicoptor...

But still, any film where Hugh Jackman's flipping humvees whilst playing chicken with a helicoptor was made for the summer...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 27
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 15/12/2008 7:09:05 PM   
HitchHiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Oh my, that's an awesome trailer. And Danny Huston looks great as General Striker. As I'm not a comic lore expert, I have no idea if Sabretooth is Wolvie's brother and such (as explained in the new Empire) but if this is the case, why don't they play on that or mention it in X1? Just curious... not nitpicking...

But again, awesome and I can't wait to see Wolverine storm the Normandy beaches!

Sabretooth isn't wolverine's brother in the comics. it was only thought up for this movie. I like the idea though.

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183
Looks like I am in the minority here then as I thought it looked very average. It started off pretty well but fell into merely showing which Marvel characters are going to feature instead. The effects look pretty bad in places and the slow walk with the explosion in the background looked horrible. Hopefully the film is better than what the trailer shows but I wont set my expectations too high.

Entitled to your opinion of course, but to mock the effects at this stage is really nitpicking. there's still 4 months of post to go though

If God had wanted us to fly he would have built the airports closer to the cities.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 28
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 15/12/2008 7:22:49 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: HitchHiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Sabretooth isn't wolverine's brother in the comics. it was only thought up for this movie. I like the idea though.

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Entitled to your opinion of course, but to mock the effects at this stage is really nitpicking. there's still 4 months of post to go though

Initially he was meant to be his father in the comic.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to HitchHiker)
Post #: 29
RE: X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 15/12/2008 7:25:08 PM   
matthewforan

Looks good to me, I'll add it to the list.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> X-Men Origins: Wolverine Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI