Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

More Oddness From Cloverfield

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> More Oddness From Cloverfield Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More Oddness From Cloverfield - 6/12/2007 12:10:35 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
So, so... - 6/12/2007 12:10:35 PM   
Acho

...so very weird! There was an uber quick flash of something at the end, which I thought might be something, but turned out to be just a chimpanzee zooming past a mountainy rock face waving a flag with cheese on it - no nothing to see there then! :)

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Ooh, I've cracked the code! - 6/12/2007 12:45:09 PM   
dholleyuk

When rearranging the letters in Slusho, you get the words So Lush! Now I know that this has nothing to do with the film, but hey, maybe within the whole marketing maddness of JJ Abrams mind, he also wants to bring back the Slushy!

Post #: 3
Slusho website - 6/12/2007 1:31:09 PM   
Papa Quincy

The website talks about how Slusho was made, some unique ingredient from the bottom of the sea. In the creators dream he drunk the ingredient and grew larger. Maybe its hinting that the monster in Cloverfield drank the ingredient and grew larger or something.

Post #: 4
acid - 6/12/2007 2:40:01 PM   
carmbler

You can sprinkle acid if you got the blotting paper variety and cut it up into really little bits and sprinkled it like confetti. Or you could sprinkle microdots like hundreds and thousands. Don't though, you'd go mental, probably forever.

Post #: 5
Yeah, right - "we're pretty much drug-free"... - 6/12/2007 3:36:47 PM   
keyzersaulsie

... then there's nothing to explain Superman Returns five star rating.

Post #: 6
RE: Yeah, right - "we're pretty much drug-free&quo... - 10/12/2007 11:04:33 PM   
DanCurley

quote:

ORIGINAL: keyzersaulsie

... then there's nothing to explain Superman Returns five star rating.

WHAT!? Is that what it got!? Oh my sweet baby Jesus. It's fucking awful.

Sprinkling adic just doesn't make sense. Sounds like something someone would do in Brass Eye (like getting off your mash on ectasy pipes).

I'd give you my signature, but what would happen if you stole my cheque book? It would be a disaster.

(in reply to keyzersaulsie)
Post #: 7
RE: Yeah, right - "we're pretty much drug-free&quo... - 11/12/2007 3:55:18 PM   
livewire

Like my dad used to say "son, never mix you drugs, particulary Cocaine and LSD. The last thing you wasnt is hallucinations with confidence"

Seriously though, 5 stars. How out of your fucking boxes were you. have you been sniffing keith richards again.

I`ve never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number" - Bonn Scott 1946 1980

Punchdrunk - 1981 - 2010

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 8
RE: Yeah, right - "we're pretty much drug-free&quo... - 11/12/2007 4:23:26 PM   
broonie

quote:

ORIGINAL: livewire

Like my dad used to say "son, never mix you drugs, particulary Cocaine and LSD. The last thing you wasnt is hallucinations with confidence"

Seriously though, 5 stars. How out of your fucking boxes were you. have you been sniffing keith richards again.

I beleive Empires comments were "..the first genuine blockbuster of the summer!"

Get that film into the Empire Movie Trial now, if it's not already there!

Do you want to run this ship?
Yes!
Well,...you cant!

(in reply to livewire)
Post #: 9
RE: Yeah, right - "we're pretty much drug-free&quo... - 11/12/2007 5:25:32 PM   
DanCurley

Fuck me, I missed that issue (only re-joined Empire readership about 7-8 months ago). Superman is staggeringly average, for something of that ilk to get a coverted 5 stars. Oh well, as Helen said on other topic, sometimes they get it wrong. It's hard not to when you're reviewing about 50 films a month.

But Superman... awww God! The DVD is worth its weight in cow shit...

I'd give you my signature, but what would happen if you stole my cheque book? It would be a disaster.

(in reply to broonie)
Post #: 10
RE: Yeah, right - "we're pretty much drug-free&quo... - 13/12/2007 1:54:08 AM   
Rockin Ricky Rialto

so that cloverfield huh!

"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? "

"Hanging Lady: Nervous?
Ted Striker: Yes.
Hanging Lady: First time?
Ted Striker: No, I've been nervous lots of times. "

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> More Oddness From Cloverfield Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI