Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: fear has a face

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: fear has a face Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: fear has a face - 28/11/2007 10:57:41 AM   
Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: pishtie

. Darren Aronofsky did a great job with POTC 1, it was a shame 2 & 3 went down the Matrix route of being crap.

I think you're a little confused.

Thats the understatement of the year...

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 151
RE: fear has a face - 28/11/2007 11:03:49 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: pishtie

. Darren Aronofsky did a great job with POTC 1, it was a shame 2 & 3 went down the Matrix route of being crap.

I think you're a little confused.

Thats the understatement of the year...

Well, I try not to be overly patronising to the newbies. I save that for you.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 152
RE: Love, love, love it! - 28/11/2007 12:01:42 PM   
King_Bard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Superman4ever

quote:

ORIGINAL: King_Bard

Not again...

What the hell are you talking about? Anyways, 2/3 in hi-res to only hide the best part is pointless.

Ermm i think someone got a little confused here....

< Message edited by King_Bard -- 28/11/2007 12:02:02 PM >

(in reply to Superman4ever)
Post #: 153
Excellent - 28/11/2007 12:03:53 PM   
Seth_Gecko

This is without doubt one of the best Empire covers yet

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 154
HI-RES - 28/11/2007 1:16:46 PM   
gwynplaine

You got scooped and your big reveal was blown, the least you could have done was put out a hi-res version of this WITHOUT the Empire logo.

Post #: 155
GIMME A SMILE GODDAMMIT - 28/11/2007 2:37:38 PM   
Swedish_man

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #: 156
F%^king brilliant - 28/11/2007 4:06:13 PM   
Kristian66

Not a purest at all with comic book stuff, so can say honestly this looks amazing. Lets just hope this film does not suck balls. It still could.

Post #: 157
Love that Joker! - 28/11/2007 4:40:40 PM   
InsanityIsTRUESanity

Can't wait to see this film! July 18 is soooo far away!

Post #: 158
- 28/11/2007 4:44:08 PM   
jezburg

Looks like the evil Les Dennis

Post #: 159
The best Joker ever! - 28/11/2007 5:34:51 PM   
Jokersgirlfriend

Wow.. really really scary...

Cheers to all the klowns! The boss is here!!!

Post #: 160
RE: fear has a face - 28/11/2007 5:38:23 PM   
Oblivion

quote:

ORIGINAL: yojimbo5

im a huge batman fan, but someone one understands the film making process professionaly, my hopes were that darren aronofsky take would have really been something alot fresher than batman begins, dont get me wrong there was great stuff in it, but really ive sat and had conversations with some huge batman fans and we all agree, t
he film had no real focus, it was too busy setting up the trilogy, a terrible problem these days with films, it like lets stretch a prolouge into a film and you can have the rest of the book in 3 years!
I'm not saying BB is a bad film and have high hope for TDK...but the pic presented looks like Bob Goldthwaits Shakes the Clown out of work brother...and please im not the fan that says for you have to deliver characters from the comic books to the letter, far from it........but i believe my points are valid, can be discussed without the usual attacks.....

Aronofsky? Really? You actually wanted to see his version of Batman on the big screen? The version where Bruce Wayne is a working class guy who gets guidance from Alfred, the burly black mechanic? Well, all right then. That tells me immediately where your head is.

And Begins has more focus than any other Batman film that's ever been made. It's the only film that actually KEEPS its focus on Bruce Wayne/Batman. So you and your "huge Batman fans" can "all agree" all you want. I know plenty of serious Batfans, and they love Begins.

(in reply to yojimbo5)
Post #: 161
RE: fear has a face - 28/11/2007 5:44:44 PM   
GoCommando

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oblivion

quote:

ORIGINAL: yojimbo5

im a huge batman fan, but someone one understands the film making process professionaly, my hopes were that darren aronofsky take would have really been something alot fresher than batman begins, dont get me wrong there was great stuff in it, but really ive sat and had conversations with some huge batman fans and we all agree, t
he film had no real focus, it was too busy setting up the trilogy, a terrible problem these days with films, it like lets stretch a prolouge into a film and you can have the rest of the book in 3 years!
I'm not saying BB is a bad film and have high hope for TDK...but the pic presented looks like Bob Goldthwaits Shakes the Clown out of work brother...and please im not the fan that says for you have to deliver characters from the comic books to the letter, far from it........but i believe my points are valid, can be discussed without the usual attacks.....

Aronofsky? Really? You actually wanted to see his version of Batman on the big screen? The version where Bruce Wayne is a working class guy who gets guidance from Alfred, the burly black mechanic? Well, all right then. That tells me immediately where your head is.

And Begins has more focus than any other Batman film that's ever been made. It's the only film that actually KEEPS its focus on Bruce Wayne/Batman. So you and your "huge Batman fans" can "all agree" all you want. I know plenty of serious Batfans, and they love Begins.

Man this whole Batman thread has to be the lamest read on Empire yet. What exactly is a "serious batfan"? A contradiction in terms? And all this for a very bland picture of Heath Ledger...

(in reply to Oblivion)
Post #: 162
Would anyone like to guess whats happening in the ackgr... - 28/11/2007 6:08:19 PM   
johnmcclane

Post #: 163
Would anyone like to guess whats happening in the backg... - 28/11/2007 6:09:03 PM   
johnmcclane

And what is happening over his left shoulder

Post #: 164
RE: Would anyone like to guess whats happening in the b... - 28/11/2007 6:22:28 PM   
tommyjarvis

So am I the only one who thinks the Joker just looks stupid?

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

(in reply to johnmcclane)
Post #: 165
Can't wait for this film!!! - 28/11/2007 6:23:32 PM   
pampoulos

I'm gradually coming round to the casting of Mr. Ledger. I really hope he pulls it off! Awesome cover, when's this issue released?

Post #: 166
BeetleJuice! BeetleJuice! BeetleJuice! - 28/11/2007 6:58:07 PM   
maxahundred

Does anyone else see the resemblance? It looks like Michael Keaton could have played both Batman and the Joker. I do wish we were looking a picture of Crispin Glover today. Regardless of who plays who, this movie is in the hands of the right director.

Post #: 167
Beetlejuice - 28/11/2007 7:12:43 PM   
Swedish_man

I don´t see it

Post #: 168
The Dark Knight IMAX - 28/11/2007 8:07:54 PM   
The Joker 18

Does anyone know wether we're going to get the prolouge of TDK with I Am Legend in IMAX here in the UK? I desperately hope so. If you know please reply!!

Post #: 169
Hi-Res - 28/11/2007 9:49:58 PM   
Deceptichop

Does anyone know where to find a Hi-res photo of this? Preferably without the jail cell lines through it. And without the Empire logo and cover stories? Thanks.

Post #: 170
WOW - 28/11/2007 11:59:43 PM   
boogiepop

having really not liked Batman Begins this photo definitely gives me new interest in the franchise. I'm hoping (one of my favourite Batman characters) Harley Quinn might be introduced in the future

Post #: 171
RE: - 29/11/2007 12:16:38 AM   
Gabriel

quote:

ORIGINAL: danbo1138

why is he wearing make-up when hes been nicked?and is it me or does he look like hes going a bit thin on top,not green enough either....still an inprovement on nicholson

Not green enough? Could this be THE ultimate whiny fanboy statement? But the photo rules, this could be the best comic-book movie ever. Even better than Howard the Duck!

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 172
- 29/11/2007 7:29:13 AM   
mondo_geek

He's got on his makeup because this promo picture was taken during the filming of a scene when Batman arrests and interrogates the Joker at the station (I can assume it's the same scene where all the leaked Joker-getting-interrogated-by-Batman-in-jail pictures are from).
I think the messy, uneven make-up and hair make this the most realistic Joker ever, more so than Jack Nicholson and much more than the fantastic and classic Cesar Romaro (from the old television show). It give him the psychotic edge. I hope watching this version of the Joker gives me the creeps.

DOES anybody know where I can the original photo in one piece without the logo?

Post #: 173
RE: RE: - 29/11/2007 10:51:01 AM   
danbo1138

whiney fanboy statement?i thought that nolan was going for realism,since when do serial killers get to wear their outfits in court?did the yorkshire ripper get sent down wearing his tradmark tights and mask?no.i know its a film but your telling me the cops would let that happen?if he was perma whight i could buy it,but make up...not a chance.i do hope its just a promo pic.

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to Gabriel)
Post #: 174
RE: RE: - 29/11/2007 1:35:43 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: danbo1138

whiney fanboy statement?i thought that nolan was going for realism,since when do serial killers get to wear their outfits in court?did the yorkshire ripper get sent down wearing his tradmark tights and mask?no.i know its a film but your telling me the cops would let that happen?if he was perma whight i could buy it,but make up...not a chance.i do hope its just a promo pic.

I would say it is, danbo. I don't think Ledger's hair is that big a deal BTW - he can't wear a wig as well as all that getup!

< Message edited by Dirty Hartigan -- 29/11/2007 1:37:22 PM >

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 175
RE: RE: - 29/11/2007 2:22:17 PM   
Mycroft

Any chance of getting the top 3 bits of the image in high-res, Empire

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 176
REALISM - 29/11/2007 7:34:17 PM   
mondo_geek

This picture IS realistic. OBVIOUSLY, due to the smeared makeup and this being a HOLDING CELL, it would appear to me that he was JUST arrested, before they had time to change his clothes, take his fingerprints or for him to fix/ remove his makeup. If we're going to over analyze the photo, instead of just enjoy it, then it all makes perfect sense, based on the fact that the Gotham City police department obviously has too much on their hands and has to put the Joker somewhere while they process the countless other homicidal maniacs they just caught (as seen over his left shoulder). Now can we please all just enjoy this release now?

Post #: 177
RE: REALISM - 29/11/2007 9:11:02 PM   
danbo1138

that i could buy.when i first saw the pic it looked to me that he was in court ,a holding cell makes sence.but the guy needs to look like an (as)normal prisoner as you can get when he does go to court for the dent incident.

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to mondo_geek)
Post #: 178
- 29/11/2007 10:42:24 PM   
mondo_geek

Agreed. But somehow I don't think he's ever going to get to court... There is a scene where he is without his makeup in the film, but I won't ruin it for you who don't know what happens...

Post #: 179
Oh yes - 29/11/2007 11:41:53 PM   
lickmyinjuries

Was seriously worried when I heard Ledger was cast but after hearing his laugh on the teaser trailer and seeing these new pictures, I feel much more relaxed.

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: fear has a face Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI