Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 21/12/2007 10:49:31 PM   
bobatim

Thanks Funky, getting the roasties right is always something that I have trouble with

Is he died?

www.penultimateuniverse.blogspot.com

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 241
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 21/12/2007 10:52:01 PM   
Funkyrae

Par boil them until they're soft, but not soft all the way through.  Bash 'em about in the sieve type thingy until they're really fluffy, coat them in honey and mixed herbs then chuck 'em into the hottest oil imaginable.  Best if it's olive oil, never mind the goose fat that Nigella loves so much.  Oh, and check your emails!

That's me that is!

(in reply to bobatim)
Post #: 242
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 21/12/2007 11:03:19 PM   
G.O.B

Finished school for the holidays today,so i can now fully enjoy Christmas  as you might be able to pick up from the last sentence i'm very happy about this .

Member of COBW

All I can do is be me, whoever that is. - Bob Dylan

Last Film Watched: Duck Soup (McCarey,1933)****

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 243
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 21/12/2007 11:16:43 PM   
Samuelpoet

Certainly been feeling Christmassy over the past week. While I was in Newport I christmas shopped for the niece and nephews, and bought them some top pressies... My bro and his family went to an old victorian house in Newport, where there were characters dressed up to the hilt in old Victorian garments, people singing Christmas characters, there was mulled wine and mince pies on the go, and some gorgeous ladies on the scene too... WOWSER!!!

As well as this I watched a great Christmas movie called The Holiday and it was spectacular, I was still at my brothers, engrossed in the film, while dowing alcohol and wrapping presents for the kids... My bro's christmas tree lights were on, and all was great. Perfect!

Since then I has a christmas beer with a mate of mine, and also got back in touch with a friend of mine I hadn't heard from in almost two years after they dropped me an email... so a really great atmosphere as far as frinds and family are concerned and as for work, well today was the secret Santa, where it was laughs a plenty... and now to top the week off we have the Jonathan Ross festive style...

Brilliant... I'm loving christmas this year...

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 244
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 21/12/2007 11:19:48 PM   
bobatim

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

Par boil them until they're soft, but not soft all the way through. Bash 'em about in the sieve type thingy until they're really fluffy, coat them in honey and mixed herbs then chuck 'em into the hottest oil imaginable. Best if it's olive oil, never mind the goose fat that Nigella loves so much. Oh, and check your emails!

Just checked em and replied funky

Is he died?

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 245
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 21/12/2007 11:21:30 PM   
homersimpson_esq

I Sky+ed The Holiday - might watch that tomorrow with the wife if she agrees! I went to Starbucks for the first time, well, ever I think, and on the advice of forumites here, bought a Gingerbread Latte. Mmm. Twas festiveness itself! Lovely.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Samuelpoet)
Post #: 246
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 21/12/2007 11:31:31 PM   
G.O.B

I had to go to my school disco which was always,just stupid but me and a few mates dressed up in suits for a laugh so that made it much better .

Member of COBW

All I can do is be me, whoever that is. - Bob Dylan

Last Film Watched: Duck Soup (McCarey,1933)****

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 247
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 22/12/2007 12:12:38 AM   
bobatim

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

I Sky+ed The Holiday - might watch that tomorrow with the wife if she agrees! I went to Starbucks for the first time, well, ever I think, and on the advice of forumites here, bought a Gingerbread Latte. Mmm. Twas festiveness itself! Lovely.

Bout chuffing time Homerdid you have one of their mince pies as well, they're lush

Edit: The Holiday is pretty good, went to see it with my ex, Kate Winslett and Eli Wallach are great together in it.

< Message edited by bobatim -- 22/12/2007 12:14:19 AM >

Is he died?

Post #: 248
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 22/12/2007 7:43:26 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Eli Wallach?! I thought it was Jude Law and Jack Black in it... 
I did indeed have one of their grossly overpriced mince pies to go with the grossly overpriced coffee. I usually use a local coffee shop 'Coffee #1' as it supports the local community, but we thought we'd give the evil mega-corporation a go. Turns out evil tastes good.

And 'lush' is indeed the word - since moving to Wales I've used that word more than any other time in my life!

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to bobatim)
Post #: 249
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 22/12/2007 9:49:57 AM   
Samuelpoet

Yeah definately Jude Law and Jack Black, Me thinks it will be a festive treat for you... On with the festivities...

Post #: 250
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 22/12/2007 10:01:03 AM   
Lightfoot

Sadly, my Christmas tradition of watching the entire boxset of Men Behaving Badly remains unfulfilled as yet, as my DVD player choked out on season 6, probably my favorite of the bunch. Quite sad. Also means I prolly won't get to watch my other Christmas faves, Requiem for a Dream and House of Sand and Fog.

Instead, I'm stuck with the shite christmas "music", and I use that word in its loosest possible sense, on every single goddamn music channel.

At least I don't have to face Oxford St again. Blurgh.

(in reply to Samuelpoet)
Post #: 251
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 22/12/2007 2:04:02 PM   
bobatim

quote:

Eli Wallach?! I thought it was Jude Law and Jack Black in it...
I did indeed have one of their grossly overpriced mince pies to go with the grossly overpriced coffee. I usually use a local coffee shop 'Coffee #1' as it supports the local community, but we thought we'd give the evil mega-corporation a go. Turns out evil tastes good.

And 'lush' is indeed the word - since moving to Wales I've used that word more than any other time in my life!

Eli Wallach is in there as well. It's a very good role and he works brilliantly with both Ms Winslett and Mr Black.

Is he died?

Post #: 252
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 24/12/2007 6:06:54 PM   
pettsy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

Just seen this.  Ouch!  Nasty time to be moving, at least it's dry.  More than can be said for previous Christmases. 

In theory it wasn't as daft as it first sounded - I've a month off uni and a week off work.  What I didn't count on was my landlord "forgetting" we were moving in on Friday, so I only got the keys about 10.30pm.

Anyhoo, my entire house now consists of boxes, and I'm back home for Christmas!

Cheers everyone for your kind words, and let the festivities commence!

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 253
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 24/12/2007 7:00:53 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Indeed!

Christmas Eve - the one night of the year that children want to go to bed. We've put out the reindeer magic, read them The Night Before Christmas, put out a mince pie, cookies, port (santa doesn't like sherry round these parts...), and carrots for the reindeer. Their stockings are on the end of their beds ready for late night sneaking in to load them up.

First thing I have to sneak downstairs to make sure Santa has been and gone, check outside, then hurriedly call the children down to see if they can see his sleigh just leaving! It was what my parents always did, and some traditions have to be continued! I still to this day swear blind that one year I heard bells from the other end of the village, and still think they had liaised with another village member to ring some at that time! They always said I had an active imagination...

We'll be enjoying an evening watching a quiet contemplative film to calm us before the madness of tomorrow ensues - Die Hard.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 254
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 24/12/2007 8:10:13 PM   
pettsy

Ah yes, I started watching Die Hard earlier while ironing (!) only to be interrupted by a phone call.  So this evening will also be full of yippee-ki-aying in the Pettsy household!

After slight panic ensued earlier brought on by two power-cuts in the space of 2 hours, we have just watched Ghostbusters II on Sky.   I like it!

Post #: 255
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 24/12/2007 8:12:15 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: pettsy

Ah yes, I started watching Die Hard earlier while ironing (!) only to be interrupted by a phone call.  So this evening will also be full of yippee-ki-aying in the Pettsy household!

After slight panic ensued earlier brought on by two power-cuts in the space of 2 hours, we have just watched Ghostbusters II on Sky.   I like it!

I only sent you a text! Unless you mean someone else.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 256
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 24/12/2007 8:13:32 PM   
pettsy

Yes I did.  My little brother is not very well and was asking for me to come home early.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 257
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 24/12/2007 8:25:26 PM   
Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: pettsy

There was a bloody powercut here yesterday and I was not happy.

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 258
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 1/12/2012 11:16:18 AM   
homersimpson_esq

*reads the first post*

HAHAHA I HAVE CHANGED IN FIVE YEARS. SCREW THE COCA COLA TRUCK.

HUMBUG. HUMBUG I TELLS YA. BAH BLOODY HUM BLOODY BUG.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 259
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 1/12/2012 11:26:06 AM   
Olaf

Your shameless attempts to regiment human joy into an arbitrary schedule are bad, and you should feel bad.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

Post #: 260
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 1/12/2012 11:39:13 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I take it you won't be going to see the Coca Cola truck, Homer?

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

Post #: 261
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 1/12/2012 11:43:42 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

If it's in town near to Christmas, I probably will. I still like it but, y'know, it's a bit early yet.

The thing is, I love Christmas. Honestly! It's just so stretched out, it's tiring.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 262
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 1/12/2012 11:54:22 AM   
sanchia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYTnzNeTWmE

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 263
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 1/12/2012 11:58:53 AM   
jonson

I'm off to buy the church Christmas tree this afternoon, something I have done for the last 6 years and something my Dad did before me for the 30 years previous. I just know, despite hating the "early" christmas pressure, once I catch a whiff of a real tree, and see the kids running around choosing the best one, I'll feel a bit more festive.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 264
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 1/12/2012 12:28:44 PM   
homersimpson_esq

I'll admit, I'll start to feel it later today. This afternoon we're rehearsing for tomorrow's Advent Carol Service, and as soon as I sing the Matins Responsory (click) that, for me, is the start of admitting that Christmas is actually coming.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 265
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 1/12/2012 12:35:58 PM   
Olaf

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

If it's in town near to Christmas, I probably will. I still like it but, y'know, it's a bit early yet.

The thing is, I love Christmas. Honestly! It's just so stretched out, it's tiring.

I agree with you when you're talking about people saying Merry Christmas in November or shops selling decorations in October. But five weeks of the year where people are happier/friendlier to each other/etc, instead of two? In the grand scheme of your life or whatever, that's just over 10% of it at most spent being excited about Christmas. I don't see why that's tiring. (maybe if you work in retail.)

I haven't seen my family since September, so I'm getting increasingly excited about getting home in two weeks. Before then I have to go to some markets, watch Brazil at the cinema, listen to some Christmas music, buy a jumper etc

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Post #: 266
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 1/12/2012 1:07:36 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Have you seen the jumper Dark Bunny Tees is selling? Check out the "what made you smile" thread...

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 267
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 1/12/2012 1:16:26 PM   
Olaf

I did yeah, amazing. If I could get away with wearing it the other eleven months of the year as well, I probably would.

Post #: 268
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 1/12/2012 1:17:20 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Going to try and do all my Christmas Shopping without ordering online.I'm going to fail.

Post #: 269
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 12:08:55 AM   
adambatman82

We did 75% of our Xmas shopping today, and put the tree up tonight, before wrapping the presents we bought today under said tree while watching crappy Saturday night telly. Needless to say it feels pretty Christmassy over here. Not sure I agree with this idea that it's stretched out these days. For as long as I can remember it's been like this.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 [9] 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI