Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 12/12/2007 7:56:05 PM   
bobatim

Some more Crosby Crimbo goodness

Clicketty click

Is he died?

www.penultimateuniverse.blogspot.com

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 211
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 12/12/2007 8:26:30 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Got my Christmas double issue of the telly mag    Can now go through and mark all the crap I'm going to record and then not bother watching.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to bobatim)
Post #: 212
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 12/12/2007 8:34:19 PM   
bobatim

I do that every year, There ain't nothing like Christmas t.v. specials

Is he died?

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 213
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 12/12/2007 9:31:58 PM   
Funkyrae

"There goes Mr Humbug"

Clicky

"No cheeses for us meeces"

That's me that is!

(in reply to bobatim)
Post #: 214
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 12/12/2007 10:14:25 PM   
Samuelpoet

Yeah it feels even more like christmas... Booked my tickets to Newport, been through to my mothers to pick up the presents for my bro, sis in law, niece and nephews, and leaving the geordieland for Newport at 7.30 ish in the morning... Also bought most of my presents too, and got my Tree out... ooohhh er missus... I really cannot wait to see the little uns tomorrow, I know its a under two weeks before the saviours day, (yep Cliff, thats your cue...) but its the closest I could get... really excited...

Bet I don't sleep a wink tonight...

The last 5 viewed movies
1) The Lady Killers (Original) (5/5)
2) 12 Years A Slave (4/5)
3) The Cider House Rules (3/5)
4) Stand By Me (3/5)
5) Les Miserable (2013) (4/5)

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 215
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 12/12/2007 11:12:45 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Hey, Samuel, when you get to Newport (and this is courtesy of some wag who wrote into the local paper) see if you can spot all of Santa's little helpers dotted around the city. They're all wearing pointy hats that are about 2 feet tall, bright orange, and have a silver stripe around them. There's loads of them everywhere!

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Samuelpoet)
Post #: 216
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 12/12/2007 11:17:46 PM   
Samuelpoet

Will keep my eyes peeled homer, umpa lumpas maybe?

I mean lets face it, I haven't seen the TV schedule for Boxing Day, but Charlie and The Ruddy Chocolate Factory is bound to be on, the classic that it is!!!

The last 5 viewed movies
1) The Lady Killers (Original) (5/5)
2) 12 Years A Slave (4/5)
3) The Cider House Rules (3/5)
4) Stand By Me (3/5)
5) Les Miserable (2013) (4/5)

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 217
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 14/12/2007 1:46:41 AM   
clarabell

It is really weird being in Oz at this time of year.  I was starting to feel christmassy at home at the end of November because decorations were up and santa was doing the rounds in the shopping centre I worked in and it was certainly cold enough, but I don;t feel christmassy here at all and it's only 11 days away!!  There's still decorations everywhere here, and I've seen santa and choirs singing carols, and christmas music playing in shops and tons of xmas adverts, but it's practically impossible to believe christmas is so soon.  Not only because living in the UK means I associate christmas with cold weather and the possibility of snow, and it's roasting hot here, but also because being so far away from family really distances me from the real family meaning of my christmas's at home.  I've had to do no christmas shopping either.  I was on the phone to my mum the other day and she was talking about how cards had been arriving in the post and how she was xmas shopping and talking about the decorations going up at the weekend and it still didn;t make me think xmas was happening here.  Here's hoping xmas day will be fun whatever we end up doing, and definately an experience at the least, but I reckon the day will be strange

When I die, bury me up-side down, so the world can kiss my ass

Just because the fucker's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda!

(in reply to Samuelpoet)
Post #: 218
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 14/12/2007 4:47:21 PM   
Chi Chi_ Chiuaua

I'm starting to feel more christmassy now. All the Christmas lights are up around town (and are gorgeous), the tree and decs are up at home and my mum is at the airport meeting a relative who is spending christmas with us. So it's beginning to look a lot like christmas now!

(in reply to clarabell)
Post #: 219
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 14/12/2007 8:56:14 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Last day at work today until 3rd January!!!  Can start to relax properly now and enjoy myself 

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Chi Chi_ Chiuaua)
Post #: 220
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 14/12/2007 10:27:43 PM   
bobatim

I actually got round to doing my christmas shopping today, can't wait to start wrapping them now but I have a bit of a tradition of wrapping them at night with the tree lights on and a bottle of whisky so i'm gonna have to wait till i've got my tree up.

< Message edited by bobatim -- 14/12/2007 10:28:12 PM >

Is he died?

Post #: 221
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 16/12/2007 11:23:37 PM   
Funkyrae

I can see I'm going to have to stock up on the traditional Rennie and Gaviscon again this year.  I'm already suffering heartburn from the mince pies and mulled wine.  Not enough to stop me having them though, it would take far more than that!

That's me that is!

(in reply to bobatim)
Post #: 222
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 16/12/2007 11:27:28 PM   
homersimpson_esq

We went to Tredegar House yesterday with my folks and it was fantastic. They had the whole house decked out in Victoriana, the guides and some actors dotted around in period costume for our interest/amusement, carol singers, mince pies, mulled wine, and the obligatory visit to Santa's grotto. It was utterly magical, and definitely something we'll be doing next year. It's really, truly, put me in the Christmas spirit, as did getting the presents I ordered for Pixie arrive on Friday. Got a few more to arrive this week, and a couple of small ones to buy in the week, and one present to buy for someone else, but other than that, we're sorted!

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 223
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 17/12/2007 1:37:44 PM   
the anomaly

My mum has cooked the "Christmas Cake" carribean style (don't drive after eating ) also the fridge and freezer is stocked full of Christmas goodness.
Decorations are up and gifts are under the tree. All my shopping is done and now...we wait. Yes it is indeed Christmas.

Post #: 224
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 17/12/2007 8:35:02 PM   
pixiedevil_pop

presents, presents, presents....hehehehehehehehehe!!!

*ahem*......well, I'm getting REALLY excited now. Last day of 'work' is Thursday, have to pop in on Friday morning for term planning, but then just over 2 weeks off - hurrah!!! We went on a shop this afternoon to get all the party stuff for the class christmas party. So exciting! Also the class are doing their singing for mums and dads on Wednesday and the children are all very excited!

We're gonna need a bigger boat.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 225
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 17/12/2007 9:12:10 PM   
JV

It's a week till Christmas Eve and 4 days from now I'll be on a train heading home to Stoke for Christmas. Sooooooooo exciiiiiiiiiiiited! 

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

(in reply to pixiedevil_pop)
Post #: 226
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 17/12/2007 9:37:10 PM   
Funkyrae

Heading back up to the 'rents on 22nd.  Can't wait to see my folks again, including my brother and his girlfriend.  It's a scream when the family get together.  This one's going to be no exception.

That's me that is!

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 227
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 17/12/2007 9:51:42 PM   
Hobbitonlass

How are your parents Funky, have they recovered from their ordeal? 

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 228
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 17/12/2007 10:13:50 PM   
Funkyrae

Yeah, pretty much.  My stepdad's talking about turning the place into a fortress which my mum isn't overly happy with.  I can understand that, the thought of shutters that can be closed from the inside seems a little too reactionary for my liking.  But what can you do?

That's me that is!

Post #: 229
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 17/12/2007 10:19:38 PM   
Hobbitonlass

I can understand your Dad's thinking though, I'm sure I'd be the same.  The house next door to my parents had an attempt at a break-in last week but they were disturbed.  It does get you thinking.

Do they have a dog?  My parents are convinced that when they had a dog he stopped a few attempts (and luckily since he passed they haven't experienced anything).

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 230
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 17/12/2007 10:28:49 PM   
Funkyrae

Yeah, they have got a dog.  He's very old now.  The break in happened as they were taking him to the kennels as they were coming to mine for the weekend.  They were out for all of about 45 minutes which is why we know the place was being watched.

To be honest, we're glad that the dog wasn't there when they did break in.  As I say, he's very old and has spine and hip problems, if they'd pushed him out of the way they probably would have killed him.

That's me that is!

Post #: 231
RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... - 19/12/2007 11:02:56 AM   
Funkyrae

I know now that it's definitely Christmas coming up.  Sitting watching some of the music channels last night with a friend, and which two songs that are absolutely Christmas came on?

These two:-

I believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake

Stop the Cavalry - Jona Lewie

That's me that is!

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 232
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 19/12/2007 11:36:04 AM   
Timmy_Brisby_05

Christmas starts in november for me.

Bolt: [gets up and looks up at the cats] Hello, hairballs.

Post #: 233
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 19/12/2007 11:43:19 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Well, having just watched It's A Wonderful Life at the cinema, I'm feeling very festive indeed. Just 6 more sleeps till Santa, and I'm just waiting on three more presents to arrive. I'm looking forward to the big day so much, especially since my daughter is going to understand what is happening so much more than last year - she was only 18 months then, but is - obviously - 2 and a half now, and it's a world of difference. She's been asking for 'Peppa Pig toys'. She'll go insane when she sees the Peppa Pig costume we bought her! Honestly, it has a pig-head hood, and a tail, and everything! It's a Peppa Pig/Transformers Christmas this year, and it's going to be great!

Here's an interesting question to stimulate a bit of discussion: What family traditions (odd or otherwise) do you have that you do every Christmas Day?

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Timmy_Brisby_05)
Post #: 234
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 20/12/2007 1:05:05 PM   
pettsy

Well I am moving house tomorrow and I don't know when I'll be back online (when BT can be arsed, is the likely answer) so have a Merry Christmas everyone!

Post #: 235
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 21/12/2007 10:25:45 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Good luck moving house pettsy!

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 236
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 21/12/2007 10:35:14 PM   
Funkyrae

Just seen this.  Ouch!  Nasty time to be moving, at least it's dry.  More than can be said for previous Christmases. 

In the meanwhile, I won't be around from tomorrow morning until 27th December so from Giz and me a very Happy Christmas, Nadolig Llawen, Jouyeux Noel, Frohe Weihnachten, Веселое Рождество, Feliz Navidad and as many other ways as it is possible to say have a fantastic Christmas and I'll see you all again soon.

That's me that is!

Post #: 237
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 21/12/2007 10:37:30 PM   
bobatim

Cool pic funky hope you and the family have a great christmas, and you too pettsy, hope the move goes well

Is he died?

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 238
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 21/12/2007 10:40:40 PM   
Funkyrae

Cheers Bobatim.  Right back atcha.  Hope your Christmas meal goes ok.  Just remember to make sure that the fat is spitting hot before you put your potatoes in to roast.

That's me that is!

(in reply to bobatim)
Post #: 239
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 21/12/2007 10:48:35 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Have a great Christmas guys. I'm sure I'll be the saddo that checks on here late on Christmas Day to see who's been about! Have a good one tho - hope santa brings you what you asked for! And Funky, have fun with that thingy!

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: You Know You Can Feel Christmassy When... Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI