Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 3:57:40 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Given my post which started this thread, I'd tend to agree with you, Adam. It's clearly been this way for a long time.

I've just turned into a moody cunt as I get older.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to adambatman82)
Post #: 271
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 4:48:25 PM   
Hood_Man

You also managed to hold off bumping this thread for a whole week later in the year than when you started it in '07

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 272
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 5:19:32 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

We did 75% of our Xmas shopping today, and put the tree up tonight, before wrapping the presents we bought today under said tree while watching crappy Saturday night telly. Needless to say it feels pretty Christmassy over here. Not sure I agree with this idea that it's stretched out these days. For as long as I can remember it's been like this.

Abit early for the tree to go up,no?

Tend to put the tree up on around the 20th.

Post #: 273
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 5:22:22 PM   
kata

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

We did 75% of our Xmas shopping today, and put the tree up tonight, before wrapping the presents we bought today under said tree while watching crappy Saturday night telly. Needless to say it feels pretty Christmassy over here. Not sure I agree with this idea that it's stretched out these days. For as long as I can remember it's been like this.

We put our tree up yesterday too. Few round here were up in mid November!

15 more get ups then I finish work for nearly a fortnight.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 274
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 5:25:05 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

quote:

quote:

We put our tree up yesterday too. Few round here were up in mid November!

15 more get ups then I finish work for nearly a fortnight.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 275
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 7:03:02 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

quote:

Nah, 1st December seems about right to me, especially as it fell on a Saturday this year.

On a related note, I had my last day of working outside of the house today for 2012. But am ill so didn't go in. Which means I'm officially done for Xmas, I've even filed my tax return for 2011-2012 tonight, which means I'm a free man (once I've paid the tax bill!) 'til 2013.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 276
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 7:14:56 PM   
elab49

I was brought up with the 6th Dec tradition.

Now, sad to say, I don't bother putting one up at all.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 277
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 7:28:51 PM   
Hood_Man

We tended to do it on the 6th as well, but that's because it was my birthday and it seemed as good a time as any. Possibly it was to make up for the fact that I'm the only winter baby and therefore had limited options for birthday parties.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 278
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 7:57:45 PM   
gingerdaniel

My birthday's also on the 6th, so my 3 birthday cards will be up for 2 days before the tree goes up on Saturday :(

Presents are all bought (or ordered), next saturday will be the day of christmas decoration.

Do you run? Check THIS out

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 279
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 8:12:54 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: gingerdaniel

My birthday's also on the 6th, so my 3 birthday cards will be up for 2 days before the tree goes up on Saturday :(

My folks were a bit more sympathetic, they could stay up for about a week or so.

Did you get many relatives sending you "combined presents" on Christmas day too?

(in reply to gingerdaniel)
Post #: 280
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 8:14:53 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Now, sad to say, I don't bother putting one up at all.

*Sniggers*

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 281
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 8:48:04 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 282
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 9:13:54 PM   
adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

My folks were a bit more sympathetic, they could stay up for about a week or so.

Did you get many relatives sending you "combined presents" on Christmas day too?

My birthday is on the 7th, which is why I've always thought our tree went up earlier. And yes, I too received joint presents. Still do.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 283
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 9:32:38 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

quote:

My birthday is on the 7th, which is why I've always thought our tree went up earlier. And yes, I too received joint presents. Still do.

After my brother and I both grew up with December birthdays my nephew never suffers the evil of joint presents.

quote:

Post #: 284
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 10:26:04 PM   
Darth Marenghi

The unofficial (but awesome) Doctor Who advent calendar thread that a fan on Dr Who Forum does every year has just caught my interest and has made things seem bit Christmassy now. It's in colour this year too!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 285
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 10:31:17 PM   
Shifty Bench

It's snowing here. I hate snow. Please go away for now, snow, come back December 24th.

PS- I know some people here love snow, so no need to quote me and say so as though it's going to change my mind

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 286
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 10:45:11 PM   
Hood_Man

To keep this combined presents thing going, if anyone dares to do a combined birthday thread I'll be after them

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 287
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 10:46:34 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

It's snowing here. I hate snow. Please go away for now, snow, come back December 24th.

PS- I know some people here love snow, so no need to quote me and say so as though it's going to change my mind

I hate it. I'm looking at the traffic cams along my route to work tomorrow and all I see is white (and the occasionally blizzardy blocked view)

quote:

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 288
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 10:54:37 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I hate it. I'm looking at the traffic cams along my route to work tomorrow and all I see is white (and the occasionally blizzardy blocked view)

Yeah. I like snow in a Christmassy way but it's such a fecking hassle. It can be pretty to look at but it is horrible to get around in. It can actually kill people, it's evil

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 289
RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! - 2/12/2012 11:37:39 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

We tended to do it on the 6th as well, but that's because it was my birthday and it seemed as good a time as any. Possibly it was to make up for the fact that I'm the only winter baby and therefore had limited options for birthday parties.

Has it changed date now you're older or something?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 290
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: You Can Feel Christmassy Now! Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI