Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Dog soldiers: Fresh meat (2008)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Dog soldiers: Fresh meat (2008) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dog soldiers: Fresh meat (2008) - 21/11/2007 9:03:40 PM   
Chris66

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435633/
I am not quite sure what is happening with this film as I remember a it was suppossed to come out a long time ago. I am a fan of the first film but what does everyone else think?

"We just wanted to say we're a big fan of your work. When it comes to killing Nazis... I think you show great talent. And I pride myself on having an eye for that kind of talent. Your status as a Nazi killer is... still amateur. We all come here to see if you wanna go pro... '"

Post #: 1
RE: Dog soldiers: Fresh meat (2008) - 21/11/2007 9:21:03 PM   
DanCurley

Not really a matter for thinkage, it's more of a matter of anyone knowing anything about it...?

I only just finished watching The Descent about an hour ago, gotta feeling it's gonna linger in my head for a long time how dark and horrible (the music's the most upsetting) the whole thing is. Need a Pixar before I commit suicide...

I'd give you my signature, but what would happen if you stole my cheque book? It would be a disaster.

(in reply to Chris66)
Post #: 2
RE: Dog soldiers: Fresh meat (2008) - 24/11/2007 8:24:14 PM   
danbo1138

i love dog soilders and can't wait for part two but why does it have to have the yanks in it?can we not take care of our own country?fukking sick of all this shit its an insult to our troops.i hope the sas wolves rip em to fuckkin bits!the best bit about the first film was it had british troops in it

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 3
RE: Dog soldiers: Fresh meat (2008) - 24/11/2007 11:16:32 PM   
haylzbella

i cant wait for this! its definitly on its way out sumtime in 2008. i agree about the british actors though. They made it funnier than if it were american. i made my x squaddie boyfriend watch the 1st one last week, he loved it. so excited!!!!

This is my labour.....i wait

(in reply to Chris66)
Post #: 4
RE: Dog soldiers: Fresh meat (2008) - 25/11/2007 10:46:09 PM   
dj vivace

One of the best things about Dog Soldiers was the Britishness about the characters, and the comedy was just spot on. Why replace it with fucking Americans, it'll end up over dramatised. But, hopefully, it won't and i will still be looking forward to it

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to haylzbella)
Post #: 5
RE: Dog soldiers: Fresh meat (2008) - 27/11/2007 12:19:19 PM   
broonie

ON the IMDB site, the plotline says that the American soldiers in it are chased by Liam Cunninghams SAS troops that were attacked in the first one, and that they have retained memories of their SAS training. How cool is that? Were-commandos! It can only end in annihilation of the GI Joes Shmoes! (Hopefully)

Do you want to run this ship?
Yes!
Well,...you cant!

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 6
RE: Dog soldiers: Fresh meat (2008) - 27/11/2007 2:01:57 PM   
DanCurley

quote:

ORIGINAL: broonie

ON the IMDB site, the plotline says that the American soldiers in it are chased by Liam Cunninghams SAS troops that were attacked in the first one, and that they have retained memories of their SAS training. How cool is that? Were-commandos! It can only end in annihilation of the GI Joes Shmoes! (Hopefully)

That sounds bloody brilliant... bring that on. Is it the same Director?

I'd give you my signature, but what would happen if you stole my cheque book? It would be a disaster.

(in reply to broonie)
Post #: 7
RE: Dog soldiers: Fresh meat (2008) - 27/11/2007 10:10:32 PM   
danbo1138

it would be better if they send a team of sas in to see what went wrong then have them contact the saswolves.why the yanks?why?makes no sence at all only to sell the film in the states.i would rather the americans remake it for their audiences and we carry on with part 2.

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 8
RE: Dog soldiers: Fresh meat (2008) - 28/11/2007 11:36:53 AM   
The Hooded Man

It is not the same director. He sold the rights to the series, having wanted to make a trilogy and then changing his mind.
This sequel has been put on the backburner a couple of times. Pity because when it does see the light of day it won't have any real connection with the first film and the American involvement smells ominous for fans of quality.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 9
RE: Dog Soldiers: Fresh Meat - 28/11/2007 11:47:42 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: danbo1138

it would be better if they send a team of sas in to see what went wrong then have them contact the saswolves.why the yanks?why?makes no sence at all only to sell the film in the states.i would rather the americans remake it for their audiences and we carry on with part 2.

I believe the Americans are in it because they're the 'Special Forces' that Pvt Cooper and co were in 'war games' against before they got sidetracked by Liam Cunningham's special project mission.

It was going to be Pvt Cooper finding them, warning them and them promptly ignoring him. That was one draft.

Marshall's proposed trilogy was going to essentially be the Adventures Of Pvt Cooper as he battles various other horror creatures in the sequels. Unfortunately he's shelved this idea and Kevin McKidd has gone on to sucess in the States after Rome and his new series Journeyman.

You can moan about American involvement but remember how everyone wrote of 28 Weeks Later because of the same reason? That turned out to be really good....

Either way, I think the whole project has now been shelved and Marshall is doing post-production work on Doomsday and wants to start on his 'Ninth Legion' film.

Can't wait.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 10
RE: Dog Soldiers: Fresh Meat - 28/11/2007 12:17:13 PM   
danbo1138

no i saw it as cunninghams spec ops were the team that they were involved with,but the games were a ruse to test the wolves,no yanks at all plus all the guns n stuff were british issue(mp5 and so on).i do love american films,but can we not have brit soldiers now and again?it worked the first time.plus i could not bear to hear someone shouting hooraa whilst gunning down a wolf in blighty

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 11
Dog Soldiers: Legacy plus sequel - 8/6/2012 6:41:51 PM   
Emyr Thy King

This one went under the radar. It's now transformed into Dog Soldiers: Legacy. Which will be a web series. Check here:

Lupine madness (click)

Update: I mis-read it, there's also a sequel in pre-production. Howling Commandos anyone?

Take a punt, or swing here:

beyondhollywood

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 8/6/2012 7:05:09 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Dog soldiers: Fresh meat (2008) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI