Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Arsenal FC - 2006

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 1:54:48 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

So....Quincy shipped off to Spartak Moscow for an undisclosed fee and David Bentley does the same in a move to Blackburn. Must say I wasn't actually expecting those this window.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 91
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 8:31:35 AM   
My Life in Pictures

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

So....Quincy shipped off to Spartak Moscow for an undisclosed fee and David Bentley does the same in a move to Blackburn. Must say I wasn't actually expecting those this window.

I was expecting Bentley to leave after he mouthed off about not playing enough. The Quincy deal shocked me though but I guess signing Walcott he would find it hard to get into the team. I hope he does well at Spartak. I'll miss saying his name. It's like verbal crack.

Arsene said he nearly signed a defender in January. I don't know why he didn't as we need one now badly as Lauren is out for a month.

Also about Aliadiere, do you think he has a future at Arsenal? 3 loan deals in one season is wierd.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 92
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 2:45:14 PM   
Philo Bedo

Can't see Aliadiere making it into the team, if the ever comes back.  Too many strikers as it is, Quincy leaving is testimony to that (i thought he was a good player) and with two new forwards also joining - im afraid it's good-bye jeremy..

It's all in the reflexes....

(in reply to My Life in Pictures)
Post #: 93
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 5:14:27 PM   
almi2604

I hope Aliadiere does get a chance to come back to Arsenal, though I have my doubts. I think if he hadn't had so many problems with injuries, he would have played a lot more games in the first team. I guess it also depends how well Adebayor and Walcott do and if Reyes will be used more as a winger. Hope he does well at Wolves though.

Movies don't create psychos, movies make psychos more creative.

My dvds: http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=almi2604

(in reply to Philo Bedo)
Post #: 94
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 6:49:30 PM   
My Life in Pictures

quote:

ORIGINAL: almi2604

I hope Aliadiere does get a chance to come back to Arsenal, though I have my doubts. I think if he hadn't had so many problems with injuries, he would have played a lot more games in the first team. I guess it also depends how well Adebayor and Walcott do and if Reyes will be used more as a winger. Hope he does well at Wolves though.

I hope he comes back too, but more importantly he has to play games this season. After finally being injury free he needs to play games to stand a chance next season. He signed a new long contract in the summer and AW loves him so I think he will be involved next season. Him and Van Persie had an amazing partnership in the reserves.

(in reply to almi2604)
Post #: 95
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 8:01:51 PM   
almi2604

Yeah, hopefully he can get lots of games for Wolves and then come back and have a good pre-season for us. He is a different type of player to Henry or van Persie, a more out and out striker, and hopefully he can score  some more great goals for us like the one against Wolves (?) in the Carling Cup a couple of seasons ago.

Post #: 96
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 9:12:52 PM   
My Life in Pictures

Oh my God! We have the worst luck with defenders. We only have two left. Senderos and Djourou.

Missing from action now:

All three right-backs - Lauren/Eboue/Gilbert

Our 2 1st choice centre-backs - Toure/Campbell

Two left-backs - Cole/Clichy

And the one and only - Cygan

< Message edited by My Life in Pictures -- 1/2/2006 9:26:18 PM >

(in reply to almi2604)
Post #: 97
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 9:30:47 PM   
almi2604

I wonder if Campbell has been substituted because of injury or because he had a bad first half. hope he's not injured, how unlucky are we this season!!!

Post #: 98
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 9:32:21 PM   
almi2604

Did you hear David Bentley scoring a hattrick against Man Utd . At least something good happening tonight.

(in reply to almi2604)
Post #: 99
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 9:33:29 PM   
My Life in Pictures

quote:

I wonder if Campbell has been substituted because of injury or because he had a bad first half. hope he's not injured, how unlucky are we this season!!!

First reports were injury but now it seems he got changed and stormed out of Highbury Stadium. Can things get worse?

(in reply to almi2604)
Post #: 100
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 9:57:22 PM   
Skiba

Another shocking defensive display and Sol walking out...that's loyalty from one of your senior players

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 101
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 10:00:48 PM   
beebs_

I think your icon sums this up

Seriously, WTF?

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 102
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 10:01:15 PM   
James2183

Anyone else feel like blowing bubbles?

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 103
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 10:03:00 PM   
My Life in Pictures

Only conselation is that we haven't lost further ground on Spurs. Our defence is falling apart, Kolo come home! Anything less than 3 points at Birmingham and bye bye 4th spot.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 104
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 10:10:36 PM   
My Life in Pictures

We have the worst luck with injuries! I'm going out of my mind, why didn't we sign a defender. Is there any chance we can recall Hoyte?

Defence for next match?:

Larsson Djourou Connolly Senderos

or maybe

Larsson Djourou Senderos Flamini

Post #: 105
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 10:23:21 PM   
MeetThe_InvisibleMan

Well, other frustrating night being an Arsenal fan. I still couldnt' believe how we conceded those 3 goals in the way we did. (at home aswell)

How many defeats is that now?

When is Freddie gonna score!!??

It was a wierd, all the top clubs got frustrated tonight. Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool failed to win. 

I'm still gonna watch Match Of The day, I heard the Man Utd game was brilliant.

M.T.I.M

Post #: 106
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 10:48:40 PM   
beebs_

Top club? Gah! Not this season.

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to MeetThe_InvisibleMan)
Post #: 107
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 1/2/2006 11:15:03 PM   
My Life in Pictures

Here is my lame attempt at turning a frown upside down.

1. Adebayor should be able to play soon. This guy is exactly what we need upfront. He gives our strikeforce a new dimension. Imagine having to defend against Henry's pace and skill and Adebayor's strength and drive. Hopefully this should also free up our wingers as the opposition defence will have their hands full. Add Van Persie to that mix and we should be able to outscore a lot of teams.

2. Theo Walcott. If anyone knows who is the next Thierry Henry it's Arsene Wenger and he's pretty sure its this guy. How sure? Sure enough to let go Quincy and Bentley who play in the same position. I can't wait to see this player in action. He also has a fanastic attitude which stops the chance of him being ruined by his ego a la Pennant.

3. From what I've seen from Diaby he looks like a breath of fresh air for this season. Not scared to shoot, hard in the tackle and will also allow Gilberto and Fabregas to play their games how they like to. He could potentially revitalise our midfield. Also I really admire Flamini. He could become a great servant to the club.

4. We have tons of fantastic young defenders coming through and a few of them English. I doubt we can regrow a defence as capable as the Winterburn, Adams, Keown, Dixon back 4 but these youngsters are huge prospects. Eboue, Gilbert, Hoyte, Djourou, Senderos, Clichy, Garry, Connolly, Song can be very good defenders. Also remember Toure and Cole aren't close to hanging up their boots either.

5. Ivory coast play Cameroon in the 1/4 finals and have a good chance of getting knocked out. I know this may sound mean but Toure needs to be back in an Arsenal shirt as soon as possible.

6. We are by no means out of the Champions League yet. This is a cup where anything can happen and Real Madrid and whoever else should watch out. Our current players will want that Trophy most of all. Especially after how the season has started before.

7. Ashley Cole should be back from injury next week. It's no coincidence we play our best when he's in the team. He is the missingpeice this season and I predict when he returns, so will our form.

8. Arturo Lupoli. This guy is amazing. His record is untouchable. 27 goals in 32 games last season and 17 from 14 this season so far. Arsene Wenger rates him as the best finisher he's ever seen. And he's only 19. He also is alone on the Arsenal books as talented young attackers. Jose Reyes, Theo Walcott, Nicklas Bendtner, Anthony Stokes, Ryan Smith and Carlos Vela have all potential to be huge.

So even though it may look bleak now but our future is in good hands. I expect us fans will be treated to more good times in the near future. I for one can't wait.

(in reply to MeetThe_InvisibleMan)
Post #: 108
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 2/2/2006 12:34:27 AM   
Philo Bedo

Its just sooo frustrating watching Arsenal play sometimes.  They always have the majority of the possession but fail to score. Why?
I dont get it sometimes.
Now the mighty Wigan have overtaken us and Bolton are breathing down our necks.  I hope things take a turn for the good and we get our confidence back, espcially with Madrid in a few weeks.. 

It's all in the reflexes....

Post #: 109
Can Arsenal pull a Liverpool? - 2/2/2006 8:52:51 AM   
My Life in Pictures

Arsenal 2005/6

P 23 W 11 D 4 L 8

Liverpool 2004/5

P23 W 11 D 4 L 8

Now I know the Champions League is immpossible to predict but you can't help but wonder. The similarities are too spooky. Last year it was close rivals Everton and Liverpool battling for 4th spot with the "stronger" side chasing. This year we have the same but instead with close rivals from North London. Also the future of our best player is in doubt with Henry linked with Barcalona. Last season it was Gerrard with Chelsea. And finally just look at the record above! That's scary.

I hope things turn out for us how they did for Liverpool but if it did wouldn't it be too perfect? That worries me that it probably won't happen.

(in reply to Philo Bedo)
Post #: 110
RE: Can Arsenal pull a Liverpool? - 2/2/2006 9:18:32 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: My Life in Pictures

Arsenal 2005/6

P 23 W 11 D 4 L 8

Liverpool 2004/5

P23 W 11 D 4 L 8

Now I know the Champions League is immpossible to predict but you can't help but wonder. The similarities are too spooky. Last year it was close rivals Everton and Liverpool battling for 4th spot with the "stronger" side chasing. This year we have the same but instead with close rivals from North London. Also the future of our best player is in doubt with Henry linked with Barcalona. Last season it was Gerrard with Chelsea. And finally just look at the record above! That's scary.

I hope things turn out for us how they did for Liverpool but if it did wouldn't it be too perfect? That worries me that it probably won't happen.

You just keep telling yourself that mate...
Everything hinges on the CL game with Madrid for Arsenal now... I can't see them making much prgress next season either..

Las Vegas is the only place I know where money really talks--it says, "Goodbye."

Post #: 111
RE: Can Arsenal pull a Liverpool? - 2/2/2006 10:22:10 AM   
My Life in Pictures

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

quote:

Arsenal 2005/6

P 23 W 11 D 4 L 8

Liverpool 2004/5

P23 W 11 D 4 L 8

You just keep telling yourself that mate...
Everything hinges on the CL game with Madrid for Arsenal now... I can't see them making much prgress next season either..

I don't see why people are already writing us off next season. We've been very unlucky this season just as we were very lucky in our unbeaten season. Next season I can see us coming back stronger. Especially as our team will be one year more experienced and it's been the inexperience that has lead to our mistakes that has cost us this season.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 112
RE: Can Arsenal pull a Liverpool? - 2/2/2006 10:26:10 AM   
Sinatra

It's going to be a longer process than you think to rebuild the team spirit and the squad.
Also, you'll have a new stadium to get used to - a new atmosphere.
You'll have great support, but it won't be the same as Highbury - at least not at first.
Mind you, after last night, that's probably a good thing!

Las Vegas is the only place I know where money really talks--it says, "Goodbye."

Post #: 113
RE: Can Arsenal pull a Liverpool? - 2/2/2006 10:48:08 AM   
My Life in Pictures

Yet again the injury crisis get's worse! Lauren may be out for the rest of the season and Gilbert will definitely be out on the weekend. This leaves us with all six full backs unavailable! Honestly no team would be able to compete if they had our injury problems.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 114
RE: Can Arsenal pull a Liverpool? - 2/2/2006 10:59:59 AM   
BigBadWolf

Plus the fact that Campbell has completely lost it at the moment, lack of fitness seems to a big factor with him at the moment, he just seems so immobile and has no agility.  He used to be able to recover from mistakes with his recovery pace.

You would normally say that he just needs games, but at the moment he's a complete liability.  Nevermind replacing Viera, Arsenal need two quality centre backs.  Or at least one who can help develope Toure.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Another shocking defensive display and Sol walking out...that's loyalty from one of your senior players

Yeah, who would expect lack of loyalty from Mr Spurs through and through  

Post #: 115
RE: Can Arsenal pull a Liverpool? - 2/2/2006 11:16:27 AM   
clownfoot

quote:

Can Arsenal pull a Liverpool?

At this stage last year I was just hoping that Liverpool would play well against Leverkausen to get to the quarter-finals before putting up a brave but otherwise fruitless performance against whatever quality side we faced next. I didn't expect us to go all the way to win the Champions League, especially considering our league form, but football has it's quirky and funny moments. As long as Arsenal are still in the Champions League, anything is possible.

< Message edited by clownfoot -- 2/2/2006 11:18:03 AM >

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 116
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 2/2/2006 5:15:31 PM   
almi2604

quote:

We have the worst luck with injuries! I'm going out of my mind, why didn't we sign a defender. Is there any chance we can recall Hoyte?

Defence for next match?:

or maybe

Who knows, maybe Gilberto will play in defence against Birmingham, with Diaby and Fabregas in the centre, though I'd like to see Flamini play. 
Whatever happened to Ryan Garry, he's still on Arsenal's books, isn't he?! He could play left back...
I wonder how long it will take for Toure to play again, even if the Ivory Coast get knocked out of the African Nations Cup, as Wenger wanted to give both him and Eboue a rest after the cup, but they may not be able to get one now.
We can still get 4th place...Senderos and Djourou play well together, so as long as the "full-backs" keep mistakes to a minimum we can still pull off results. Plus everyone expects us to do badly now, especially away from home, and we usually play best with our backs against the wall. Here's hoping!!!

Post #: 117
RE: Can Arsenal pull a Liverpool? - 2/2/2006 5:17:11 PM   
Walkerboy

What a shame....... Sol Campbell was told not to train today AND he's dropped for the weekend game at Birmingham........

At the moment Arsenal only look semi-frightening when they counter-attack.
They certainly concern the opposition in midfield or defence.
You could well blame it on injuries etc. but look where that's got Mr Souness!!

"The Internet is a communication tool used the world over where people can come together to bitch about movies and share pornography with one another."

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 118
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 2/2/2006 5:23:20 PM   
My Life in Pictures

quote:

quote:

Defence for next match?:

or maybe

Who knows, maybe Gilberto will play in defence against Birmingham, with Diaby and Fabregas in the centre, though I'd like to see Flamini play. 
Whatever happened to Ryan Garry, he's still on Arsenal's books, isn't he?! He could play left back...
I wonder how long it will take for Toure to play again, even if the Ivory Coast get knocked out of the African Nations Cup, as Wenger wanted to give both him and Eboue a rest after the cup, but they may not be able to get one now.
We can still get 4th place...Senderos and Djourou play well together, so as long as the "full-backs" keep mistakes to a minimum we can still pull off results. Plus everyone expects us to do badly now, especially away from home, and we usually play best with our backs against the wall. Here's hoping!!!

Ryan Garry is recovering from a long-term injury (I think 1 and a 1/2 years out) and only started training this season. I think Flamini is capable of playing left-back and either Gilberto or Song to play right-back. Fabregas and Reyes are back so if I was in charge I would play:

Lehmann

Gilberto Djourou Senderos Flamini

Pires Fabregas Diaby Reyes

Van Persie Henry

Subs: Hleb, Song, Adebayor, Ljungberg, Almunia.

(in reply to almi2604)
Post #: 119
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 2/2/2006 6:05:00 PM   
almi2604

Like your line-up, though I maybe would play Ljungberg, as he played quite well yesterday and against Bolton, maybe in place of Reyes, as Pires is back amongst the goals now. At least something positive. Have a funny feeling, wenger will play Larsson again at left-back and leave Flamini out of the team, though I think Flamini would be better, but we shall see.

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI