Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Arsenal FC - 2006

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 20/1/2006 6:09:59 PM   
brampski

In fairness, we've only payed £5million now, the other £7mill is all on appearences, both for club and country. And if Walcott fulfills his potential, he'll be a bargain.

I'm pleased with the 3 players we've signed this window, I think they all bring something to the squad. I just hope that come the summer we sign some established big names rather than potential...

What are the occasions that warrant a dancing banana?

(in reply to MeetThe_InvisibleMan)
Post #: 61
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 21/1/2006 2:57:23 PM   
My Life in Pictures

Inconsistant Arsenal lose again.

6th defeat away from home in the Premiership.
Again no goals, just 7 away from home in 11 games.
Another red-card.
Still in a defender crisis, with none being signed.
Could go 6 points behind a Champions League place.
Could get knocked out of two cup competitions by the end of the week.

I know I'm being negative but this season could be a complete disaster. If we do not qualify for the CL I'm pretty sure Heny will leave.
Hopefully Villa do us a favour and beat Spurs.

< Message edited by My Life in Pictures -- 21/1/2006 3:21:18 PM >

(in reply to brampski)
Post #: 62
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 21/1/2006 3:27:40 PM   
Dark Angel

I keep hoping that maybe, just maybe, we'll put in a better performance away from home and get a win, then every single time my optimism is shattered by another defeat. This season is really annoying me now.

(in reply to My Life in Pictures)
Post #: 63
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 21/1/2006 3:53:03 PM   
beebs_

Why am I not surprised by this result? After 7-0 I just knew we'd fuck up on a game we should be able to win. WTF?

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Dark Angel)
Post #: 64
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 21/1/2006 3:55:34 PM   
My Life in Pictures

I'm hoping that our good home form can take us past Wigan and we reach the Carling Cup final. We need to take as many positives from this season as possible and silverware will do this.
But then we have the almost impossible mission of Bolton away in the FA Cup. I hope we can find our form away from home. But first a few things must be done.

We should definately be looking around for an experienced defender on loan. Graveson on loan would be helpful too.
Henry must give up the captaincy. He cannot influence a physical battle like today. Give it to Campbell.
Gilberto and Ljungberg should be dropped away from home. Ljungberg isn't physically up for it and Gilberto is a liability.
Give Lupoli a chance. He is our deadliest finisher and until Van Persie comes back, away from home we have no killer instinct.
It's no coincedence that we smack Boro for seven when Cole plays and we struggle without him. I know he's injured but we need to tie him down anyway. It would give the whole team a lift.

Bergkamp, Van Persie and Cole should all be back soon which will help us a great deal.
Diaby looks like exactly what we are missing but he is inexperienced and lacking match fitness, hopefully he can slot in perfectly.
Anybody know when the African Cup of Nations finishes? Kolo is vital to our line-up and Adebayor is exactly what we need upfront.

< Message edited by My Life in Pictures -- 21/1/2006 4:23:34 PM >

(in reply to Dark Angel)
Post #: 65
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 21/1/2006 6:58:03 PM   
Dark Angel

quote:

ORIGINAL: My Life in Pictures
Anybody know when the African Cup of Nations finishes? Kolo is vital to our line-up and Adebayor is exactly what we need upfront.

When our players return will depend on when the Ivory Coast and Togo get knocked out. Hopefully Adebayor will be back soon but Ivory Coast could reach the latter stages which will mean we'll be without Toure for 3 weeks, that would be the maximum.

Post #: 66
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 22/1/2006 2:51:57 PM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

Typical Arsenal. A very bad performance

(in reply to Dark Angel)
Post #: 67
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 23/1/2006 11:15:17 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Maybe another transfer window signing on the horizon?

quote:

Arsenal are thought to be tracking Caen starlet Ronald Zubar.
Reports emanating from France suggest Arsenal are big admirers of Zubar and have watched him on several occasions this season.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been busy in the transfer market this January as he looks to rebuild his squad after a disappointing Premiership season this term.
Wenger is keen to build a side for the future by laying an emphasis on bringing in young, promising talents and he is monitoring Zubar's progress closely.
Arsenal could face a fight for Zubar with Lyon thought to be showing a strong interest in the versatile performer.
Lyon boss Gerard Houllier is in the market for a new defender after losing Claudio Cacapa to injury.
The likes of Patrick Muller, Vincent Kompany and Sebastien Squillaci have all been linked with Lyon, but Zubar is believed to be the French champions' top target.
Caen could face a struggle to hold onto Zubar as they are currently in Ligue 2 and the French Under-21 international could be tempted to move on.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Dragar 11(New Birth))
Post #: 68
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 23/1/2006 2:54:21 PM   
My Life in Pictures

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Maybe another transfer window signing on the horizon?

quote:

Arsenal are thought to be tracking Caen starlet Ronald Zubar.
Reports emanating from France suggest Arsenal are big admirers of Zubar and have watched him on several occasions this season.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been busy in the transfer market this January as he looks to rebuild his squad after a disappointing Premiership season this term.
Wenger is keen to build a side for the future by laying an emphasis on bringing in young, promising talents and he is monitoring Zubar's progress closely.
Arsenal could face a fight for Zubar with Lyon thought to be showing a strong interest in the versatile performer.
Lyon boss Gerard Houllier is in the market for a new defender after losing Claudio Cacapa to injury.
The likes of Patrick Muller, Vincent Kompany and Sebastien Squillaci have all been linked with Lyon, but Zubar is believed to be the French champions' top target.
Caen could face a struggle to hold onto Zubar as they are currently in Ligue 2 and the French Under-21 international could be tempted to move on.

Thank God we are finally linked with a defender although I know nothing about this guy as I know nothing about Ligue 2 football.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 69
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 23/1/2006 10:43:26 PM   
My Life in Pictures

Arsene signs 4th player in transfer window...

...Mart Poom!!!

Arsenal will play the first team against Wigan on Tuesday. Theirry Henry will start, thank God.

Post #: 70
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 24/1/2006 10:28:55 PM   
My Life in Pictures

I can't believe it. Wigan score in the last minute to knock Arsenal out of the cup. I'm pissed off. Why the does Henry not take penalties when he wins them? Why do teams goalkeepers always play amazing against us! AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!

Fairly play to Wigan though. Over the two legs they deserve to reach the final.

If we lose to Bolton on Saturday I'm going to into therapy.

Post #: 71
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 28/1/2006 8:20:55 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

If we lose to Bolton on Saturday I'm going to into therapy

You'll be just behind me in the que!

Do you know what though? I'm gonna back us, We're gonna win at the Reebok today. I feel like we're underdogs to be honest but I can honestly see us winning against a high flying Bolton away from home..........honest!  This cup IS our cup, we'll come through......hopefully!

Post #: 72
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 28/1/2006 9:30:38 AM   
My Life in Pictures

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

quote:

If we lose to Bolton on Saturday I'm going to into therapy

You'll be just behind me in the que!

Do you know what though? I'm gonna back us, We're gonna win at the Reebok today. I feel like we're underdogs to be honest but I can honestly see us winning against a high flying Bolton away from home..........honest!  This cup IS our cup, we'll come through......hopefully!

Being the underdogs for once could turn out to be a good thing. Also the fact that we are playing our kids may give us some fighting spirit which is what you need at the Reebok. But 10 players unavailable really sucks - Lauren (hamstring), Thierry Henry (hamstring), Gilberto (calf), Ashley Cole (thigh), Gael Clichy (foot), Pascal Cygan (hamstring), Cesc Fabregas (suspended), Emmanuel Eboue, Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor (all African Nations Cup). In addition Robert Pires and Dennis Bergkamp are rested.

Senderos for left-back?

< Message edited by My Life in Pictures -- 28/1/2006 10:05:03 AM >

Post #: 73
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 28/1/2006 7:56:54 PM   
My Life in Pictures

Oh well another defeat but I'm actually happy with our youngsters. Given our injury crisis losing away at Bolton despite being the better side was a good result, we should have got murdered. Flamini, Djourou played excellently. Gilbert again shows a lot of promise and Diaby gives as good as he gets (finally from an Arsenal player), Hleb had made some great runs and just needs to work on his final pass and Ljungberg made a vast improvement from his last few games.

Post #: 74
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 28/1/2006 8:04:35 PM   
Skiba

You can't blame that defeat on injuries I'm sorry...once again it proves that if you dish it out to Arsenal they don't like it...it's funny how teams could never do that when Vieira played...boys vs men doesn't work

Arsenal won't be challenging for honours again for 3-4 seasons as they've just bought players for the future without thinking about this season or the next

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 75
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 28/1/2006 8:09:40 PM   
James2183

Nice air kick by Van Persie 

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 76
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 28/1/2006 8:11:54 PM   
My Life in Pictures

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

You can't blame that defeat on injuries I'm sorry...once again it proves that if you dish it out to Arsenal they don't like it...it's funny how teams could never do that when Vieira played...boys vs men doesn't work

Arsenal won't be challenging for honours again for 3-4 seasons as they've just bought players for the future without thinking about this season or the next

I'm not blaming the defeat on injuries. (Or am I, I'm not sure anymore.) I'm just proud of the young side we put out today and gave Bolton a game. Today we managed to dish out just as much as we got dished on. Just poor finishing stopped us from getting a result. (Hit the crossbar twice and a magnificent save from Jussi.) I'm 100% sure we won't anything this season but it's got nothing to do with our kids. Our established players have all been out of form at the same time which has cost us. Next season we will come back much stronger. We are still one of the 4 best teams in England and can only get better.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 77
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 28/1/2006 8:13:23 PM   
MeetThe_InvisibleMan

Does anyone believe that we can beat Real Madrid? Champions League is our priority apparently to Wenger.

M.T.I.M

Post #: 78
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 28/1/2006 8:15:38 PM   
My Life in Pictures

quote:

ORIGINAL: MeetThe_InvisibleMan

Does anyone believe that we can beat Real Madrid? Champions League is our priority apparently to Wenger.

M.T.I.M

We can as long as we dont play 4-5-1 and our best players recover. Both teams have poor defenses so I think it'll pretty open for a change.

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Nice air kick by Van Persie

I loved the 360 spin as he fell over.
I also loved Ian Wright commenting on the comparison between Diaby and Vieira:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Wright

All he has in common is that they are brothers and tall!

< Message edited by My Life in Pictures -- 29/1/2006 12:52:38 AM >

Post #: 79
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 28/1/2006 9:28:46 PM   
Skiba

If Henry is fit you'll beat Madrid...they're a comical at the back, if Woodgate plays then maybe it'll be a different story because he's the best defender they have by a country mile

As long as Arsenal play a high tempo game and exploit Madrid's weakenesses (full-backs and centre mid) they'll go through

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 80
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 29/1/2006 10:25:25 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: MeetThe_InvisibleMan

M.T.I.M

I think he meant it in the sense that 'qualifying' is our main priority, as in finishing in the top 4.

Post #: 81
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 29/1/2006 2:52:37 PM   
beebs_

For some reason I'm up for the Real Madrid matches. I don't fear them and I think we have a chance. Their defense isn't saying much either so it should be interesting.

Hell, we've got nothing else to look forward to at the moment.

"Paramasturbatory"?

Post #: 82
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 29/1/2006 3:12:04 PM   
My Life in Pictures

quote:

ORIGINAL: beebs_

For some reason I'm up for the Real Madrid matches. I don't fear them and I think we have a chance. Their defense isn't saying much either so it should be interesting.

Hell, we've got nothing else to look forward to at the moment.

It should be a great match as long as we play our usual 4-4-2. I think we have a good chance as long as our best players are available. Will Toure be back for the first leg?

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 83
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 29/1/2006 3:33:38 PM   
King_Wah

I think Arsenal can take Real Madrid as well. Do you guys  (Arsenal Fans) Feel this is a transitional season or do you feel there is a deeper problem ?

I am big, it's the forum that got smaller.

Post #: 84
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 29/1/2006 3:48:46 PM   
beebs_

Hmmmm. I think it's a transitional season. We've got a bunch of kids waiting in the wings and they need to develop and come into their own. It's tough but they have to make it out there some time. I guess the time is now. Yeah, they're floundering, but hopefully, hopefully, they'll turn out to have a lot going for them once they've matured/calmed down some more.

I do think we need to look at our defense though...

"Paramasturbatory"?

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 85
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 29/1/2006 3:49:42 PM   
My Life in Pictures

quote:

ORIGINAL: King_Wah

I think Arsenal can take Real Madrid as well. Do you guys  (Arsenal Fans) Feel this is a transitional season or do you feel there is a deeper problem ?

We are definately going through a transitional season. But this season has been poor due to our established players being out of form. If players like Pires, Ljungberg, Gilberto and Campbell play like we know they can our younger players would be less exposed and the transition would be smoother. As they have all underperformed the pressure has been on the young players to step up their game to early and lack of experience has stunted their performance. This season though will give them all a huge amount of experience and they will be better for it.

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 86
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 29/1/2006 3:55:42 PM   
RFK

Anyone who has seen Real Madrid's games season will testify that Arsenal stand a good chance. I see both Arsenal and Real as having similar problems; against better sides their midfield seems outfought and outplayed.

I love watching Arsenal play well, but Ive maintained for a long time that the reason they don't doominate the Premiership or do particularly well in Europe is that they only have one way of playing. If they are given posession against a team that prefers to play on the counter-attack with a deep back line, Arsenal seem clueless as to how to break them down. They are nervous to take the ball wide as they aren't confident about the ability of their strikers to score headed goals. They very much are in need of a secondary way of playing. If they still shy away from playing a big centre forward then at least they need to mae sure their defence is absolutely watertight.

< Message edited by RFK -- 29/1/2006 3:56:10 PM >

iMMeRse yOUr SoUL iN LoVe

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 87
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 29/1/2006 4:01:32 PM   
My Life in Pictures

quote:

ORIGINAL: RFK

Anyone who has seen Real Madrid's games season will testify that Arsenal stand a good chance. I see both Arsenal and Real as having similar problems; against better sides their midfield seems outfought and outplayed.

I love watching Arsenal play well, but Ive maintained for a long time that the reason they don't doominate the Premiership or do particularly well in Europe is that they only have one way of playing. If they are given posession against a team that prefers to play on the counter-attack with a deep back line, Arsenal seem clueless as to how to break them down. They are nervous to take the ball wide as they aren't confident about the ability of their strikers to score headed goals. They very much are in need of a secondary way of playing. If they still shy away from playing a big centre forward then at least they need to mae sure their defence is absolutely watertight.

I think the problem was that this season we had to change our system with players who prefer the old 4-4-2 but not performing. This season we'e been done in by having our defense to high and then their lack of pace can not being able to deal with the players who gain an extra inch. This is why Toure and Cole are so important to us as they have the pace to match forwards. I think we finally have that head strong striker with Adebayor. I honestly think he can change our season by not only being a threat in the air but also by makes the opposition defense something extra to think about and could free up Henry, Van Persie, Ljungberg.

(in reply to RFK)
Post #: 88
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 29/1/2006 6:53:59 PM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

They need to develop a winning mentality and be harder in tackles and put in hard graft.

Post #: 89
RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 - 30/1/2006 9:15:38 AM   
Sinatra

Real Madrid could well end Arsenal's season...

I'll try, but I'll find it hard to support them when they play.

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Arsenal FC - 2006 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI