Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Arsenal FC - 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Arsenal FC - 2013 Page: <<   < prev  209 210 [211] 212 213   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Arsenal FC - 2013 - 15/4/2013 8:55:51 PM   
Saltire

Everton will give you a good game this week.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 6301
RE: Arsenal FC - 2013 - 17/4/2013 5:19:55 AM   
beebs_

Bloody hell, I paid good money to see us do... what exactly?

Oh well, it's was a fair result...

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 6302
RE: Arsenal FC - 2013 - 25/4/2013 9:03:55 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Damn Man City couldn't do us a favour could they? Fair play to Spurs though, it's made it really interesting. I hope that Spurs and Chelsea draw

Guard of honour on Sunday for the Champion dutchman, my heart sinks.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 6303
RE: Arsenal FC - 2013 - 26/4/2013 12:30:38 AM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Damn Man City couldn't do us a favour could they? Fair play to Spurs though, it's made it really interesting. I hope that Spurs and Chelsea draw

Will it give your manager a wake-up call? Doubtful.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 6304
RE: Arsenal FC - 2013 - 26/4/2013 8:34:52 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

Will it give your manager a wake-up call? Doubtful.

I think you mean the board. Surely you don't believe that Wenger is sitting on a cash hoard of 100 Million and missing out on Hazzard and Mata while signing Gervinho?

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 6305
RE: Arsenal FC - 2013 - 26/4/2013 10:18:37 PM   
Saltire

Thats what they keep telling us.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 6306
RE: Arsenal FC - 2013 - 27/4/2013 11:07:01 PM   
directorscut

I think he should be given a present tomorrow.

This would be apt:

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 6307
RE: Arsenal FC - 2013 - 28/4/2013 1:51:42 AM   
Nexus Wookie

I think he'll forego that present for this:

Besides, it's got way more shine.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

Post #: 6308
RE: Arsenal FC - 2013 - 28/4/2013 6:58:27 PM   
Saltire

You can't fault any of the players that left Arsenal for other clubs, they all saw the writing on the wall.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 6309
RE: Arsenal FC - 2013 - 29/4/2013 7:27:26 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

You can't fault any of the players that left Arsenal for other clubs, they all saw the writing on the wall.

This may be true, but have they all gone on to better things? Not really.

Yes a number of them have won championships such as RvP at United and a few that went to City. Even from these Adebayor has ended up at Spurs and Nasri is having run ins with Mancini. Toure hardly plays, fair play to Clichy though. Henry had success at Barca but what about the others? Fabregas spends most of his time on the bench. Song & Flamini are bit part players. Hleb was nothing at Barcelona but a player to churn out on loan.

So in review I'd say the only players that have had a decent success since leaving are Ashley Cole, Henry, RvP, Clichy and possibly Nasri.

Imagine the team Arsenal could put out if the players that left showed commitment to the cause. We'd certainly have won something over the past few years. Unfortunately once one goes it's a downward spiral from there.

Although, if you measure success in 's then that's a totally different matter....

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 6310
RE: Arsenal FC - 2013 - 30/4/2013 12:42:17 AM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

This may be true, but have they all gone on to better things? Not really.

Yes a number of them have won championships such as RvP at United and a few that went to City. Even from these Adebayor has ended up at Spurs and Nasri is having run ins with Mancini. Toure hardly plays, fair play to Clichy though. Henry had success at Barca but what about the others? Fabregas spends most of his time on the bench. Song & Flamini are bit part players. Hleb was nothing at Barcelona but a player to churn out on loan.

So in review I'd say the only players that have had a decent success since leaving are Ashley Cole, Henry, RvP, Clichy and possibly Nasri.

Imagine the team Arsenal could put out if the players that left showed commitment to the cause. We'd certainly have won something over the past few years. Unfortunately once one goes it's a downward spiral from there.

Although, if you measure success in 's then that's a totally different matter....

True, some have been very hit-and-miss but I feel they may have thought it was a gamble worth taking. Its too early for judgement on Fabregas at Barca though, he will become a more instrumental player for them as the years go in; Song was a mistake on their part though after failing to land Javi Martinez, still he's played a fair bit for them this season and will win La Liga as will Fabregas; and Flamini has won Serie A I believe despite not playing regularly, I suppose all of those would want more game time however, but a championship title will soften the blow perhaps whilst Arsenal are nowhere near challenging to the PL title just now.

< Message edited by Saltire -- 30/4/2013 12:43:25 AM >

Post #: 6311
RE: Arsenal - 4/5/2013 9:21:26 PM   
Kami89

Not sure I can take another two games like that...

(in reply to My Life in Pictures)
Post #: 6312
RE: Arsenal - 4/5/2013 10:18:51 PM   
directorscut

Arsenal should win their last two games.

But then Arsenal and should haven't been the best of mates over the last couple of years.

It'll be a remarkable achievement if they do get into the CL spaces. I thought it was completely gone from them after the loss to Spurs.

(in reply to Kami89)
Post #: 6313
RE: Arsenal - 8/5/2013 9:47:44 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-agree-puma-kit-deal-1874661

Show us the money!

Post #: 6314
RE: Arsenal - 8/5/2013 12:58:26 PM   
horribleives

If we beat QPR on sunday and Arsenal beat Wigan then I'd be quite happy to roll over and let you pummel us on the last day.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 6315
RE: Arsenal - 13/5/2013 7:58:30 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Big. big game tomorrow. Spurs and Chelsea kept the pressure on us this weekend. Hopefully Wigan will still be hungover from Saturday but I doubt it. They need to win their remaining two matches, which is kind of good as they won't be wanting a draw which should lead to an open enough game.

It's make or break time with it looking like we're ready to finally splash some cash in the summer we really need the CL as a draw for potential signings more than ever...

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 6316
RE: Arsenal - 14/5/2013 7:48:49 PM   
directorscut

Make or break time now, baby.

Post #: 6317
RE: Arsenal - 14/5/2013 8:03:31 PM   
directorscut

1-0 is a perilous lead. Go for the nads, boys.

Post #: 6318
RE: Arsenal - 14/5/2013 8:32:25 PM   
talpacino

Pubes! Never a free kick. I had a bad feeling about this game...

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

Post #: 6319
RE: Arsenal - 14/5/2013 8:41:52 PM   
directorscut

I retain hope based on the virtue of Arsenal having one of the best records for late winners his season.

Still. What the heck lads? Get on with it! Twice as many shots as Wigan. Game should have been put to get long ago. Typical Arsenal.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 6320
RE: Arsenal - 14/5/2013 9:07:12 PM   
directorscut

Never in doubt when Wal-E's about!

Post #: 6321
RE: Arsenal - 14/5/2013 9:13:38 PM   
directorscut

Santi Cazorla in FF team = success.

Monreal in FF team =

Post #: 6322
RE: Arsenal - 14/5/2013 9:20:17 PM   
directorscut

Cazorla - assist God machine.

Post #: 6323
RE: Arsenal - 15/5/2013 1:50:59 AM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Cazorla - assist God machine.

He'll be a good player one of those days...

Post #: 6324
RE: Arsenal - 15/5/2013 3:03:03 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Nice boys, niiiiice!

I've become used to us bottling big games over the last few years so seeing last nights performance was great. We've really played well in thia last half of the season, if only we'd played this way from the start. Please don't cock it up on the last day now. It would be another great day to land fourth again instead of Spurs

With a few top signings this summer I think we could be a real force next season, will make a nice change to have a summer with no 'want away' sagas like we've had for the last few summers.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 6325
RE: Arsenal - 15/5/2013 7:43:35 AM   
jonson

quote:

It would be another great day to land fourth again instead of Spurs

this is what I am hoping for. I don't like Spurs, and I've always wanted the Arse to do well (the missus is a fan)

However, last night's result has ruined a great pub question "who are the only team to have never been relegated from the top flight of English football?"
It was Wigan. It isn't now.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 6326
RE: Arsenal - 15/5/2013 11:11:36 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

Nice boys, niiiiice!

I've become used to us bottling big games over the last few years so seeing last nights performance was great. We've really played well in thia last half of the season, if only we'd played this way from the start. Please don't cock it up on the last day now. It would be another great day to land fourth again instead of Spurs

With a few top signings this summer
I think we could be a real force next season, will make a nice change to have a summer with no 'want away' sagas like we've had for the last few summers.

Higuain?

Post #: 6327
RE: Arsenal - 17/5/2013 12:17:14 AM   
directorscut

Rooney being linked to Arsenal...

I'd prefer Benteke myself.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 6328
RE: Arsenal - 17/5/2013 10:35:27 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Rooney being linked to Arsenal...

I'd prefer Benteke myself.

Is this the start of the annual "Arsene has a warchest of 100M", only for them to spend on 2nd tier players? Anyway, as YFU says at least there are no want away players this season so Wenger can concentrate on building the team.

Benteke has looked good this season, no doubt. But will he suffer a second season drop in form? Don't forget that Villa have an excellent recent record of selling players for good money who really don't deliver when they step up (Young, Downing, Millner - while a useful player in City's squad has he really given 25M of value?).

If Arsenal are looking at Utd, I'd seriously look to see if Hernandez is available, rather than Wayne. I think he can still develop his game, but he will score and can be a 20+ goal a season man, which Arsenal need. I'm afraid I don't know so much about Jovetic who's been linked with them since forever.

Post #: 6329
RE: Arsenal - 17/5/2013 12:35:47 PM   
Olaf

Yeah there's no way Rooney is coming, unless we triple our current highest earner (unlikely). Higuain's been mediocre this season and Benteke is still an unknown quantity in the long term as you say. There's also the matter of his style of play in relation to our current set of strikers - as I said elsewhere, they need a more complete and all-round player to really work as an attacking focal point in our current formation. Hernandez is brilliant for United as part of a two-man frontline, but we play with two wide players and a single striker so the role he would have to play would be much broader. Jovetic isn't as good as RVP obviously, but he's got that versatility that a striker in our current setup needs, and would probably enhance our attacking prospects without making us reliant on one player. I said at the start of this season that all I hoped for was that our other strikers could compensate for losing RVP's goals, and they've done that, but now we need to move up a level from that - I guess to continue the analogy of 1997/98 Arsenal learning to be less dependent on Ian Wright for goals, we just need to add an Anelka or an Henry to put away some of the (many) chances missed this season.

At the moment, I would like to see something like the following happen this summer (provided all the nonsense about money to spend is vaguely true). All are fairly plausible bar one 'in', but I can dream.

OUT
Squillaci, Arshavin, Gervinho, Diaby (;__;), Chamakh

IN
one of Adler/Mignolet/Begovic, Jovetic, Fabregas, Sanogo (apparently confirmed), one of Gonalons/Schneiderlin

Plus there's the possibility of Sagna leaving, which I'm ambivalent about. I'd like to see the Jenks as our first choice RB next season, but if Sagna does leave then he needs to be replaced so possibly someone like Micah Richards (who is pretty injury-prone but a good backup, and seemingly out of favour at City). Some news stories were suggesting Piszczek but I can't see it happening. The other one is Verm leaving, and I wouldn't mind this if the mooted 15-20m bid from Barca is true (in which case, we can spend that on a good backup to Kos/Mert). Again, it's just a case of replacing them if he does leave rather than leaving a gap in the squad. All that said, as has been pointed out above the lack of outgoing players this season is a good thing for maintaining squad cohesion, so maybe for that reason both should stay.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 6330
Page:   <<   < prev  209 210 [211] 212 213   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Arsenal FC - 2013 Page: <<   < prev  209 210 [211] 212 213   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI