Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Journeyman - Sky One Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Journeyman - Sky One Thread Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 9/11/2007 4:07:42 PM   
discodave101

Watched the Pilot last night, after reading some positive reviews in the american thread.

Have to say, I wasn't that impressed. It seemed like a pilot that needed another 20 minutes adding to it, as some of the script and editing was so unbeleivably fast that at times it made me laugh. It didn't give the main character any time to ponder over what the fuck was happening to him or why, he just easily accepted the fact he was sporadically travelling through time and immediately knew he was there to help others.

On a positive note, pilots are not what a series should be judged on, so fingers crossed the series develops well. Its certainly laid down a lot of intricate plot to play with, so this'll be fun to watch unravel as it goes.

And as for the Quantum Leap comparisons, it seems that Dean Stockwell has been replaced with an Iphone and the Internet.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"
Post #: 1
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 9/11/2007 5:11:30 PM   
Zaphod121

Seen up to episode 6, don't worry it gets alot better after the pilot.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 2
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 10/11/2007 9:00:59 PM   
Beno

Liked it , why compare with Quantum Leap , its got its own title and ideas . Yeah the ideas are similar but you dont compare Star Trek with Stargate .
I hear later on we hear rumblings of some higher force at work making things happen which will prove interesting .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 3
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 10/11/2007 9:43:42 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Higher force - like quantum leap? lol... it's exactly the same as quantum leap except he gets to go home.   The phones ect aren't as good as Al though and what was the bit about with his ex? She was in her underwear and he walked out of the room and saw her dressed? Hu? Also the guy was killed by a truck so how did he have anything to do wth saving his wife and kid? Confusing...

It was also ridicioulous that he took his own place in the past so easily...ten years have passed he'd be more wrinkled ect and they'd have noticed

No-where near as good as the QL pilot

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 11/11/2007 2:26:28 PM >

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 4
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 11/11/2007 8:05:58 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

Higher force - like quantum leap? lol... it's exactly the same as quantum leap except he gets to go home.   The phones ect aren't as good as Al though and what was the bit about with his ex? She was in her underwear and he walked out of the room and saw her dressed? Hu? Also the guy was killed by a truck so how did he have anything to do wth saving his wife and kid? Confusing...

It was also ridicioulous that he took his own place in the past so easily...ten years have passed he'd be more wrinkled ect and they'd have noticed

No-where near as good as the QL pilot

He saved the guy getting run over so the guy lived and met his girlfriend and she had his baby.

Not a bad start but it did seem rushed. I agree with DiscoDave it could have done with another 20 minutes.

I also did not get his dead girlfriend appearing in front of him again when he had just left her in the room

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 5
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 12/11/2007 9:32:59 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

I also did not get his dead girlfriend appearing in front of him again when he had just left her in the room

I don't think she's dead. I believe she'll turn out to be a "Journey-woman", which would explain why they never found her body when the plane crashed - she probably got ousted back to another time when it fell.

I quite enjoyed the Pilot and I'll definitely watch the next one. Quite fast-paced as its already been said, but I think it was better for it. It kept the suspense and taped into his own frustration that way.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 6
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 12/11/2007 2:06:15 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jessica_ca_ca_ca

I don't think she's dead. I believe she'll turn out to be a "Journey-woman", which would explain why they never found her body when the plane crashed - she probably got ousted back to another time when it fell.

That would be interesting if she can time travel as well.

I've checked my Anytime TV on Sky+ and it already has episode 2 on it so I can watch it early.

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 7
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 12/11/2007 3:45:39 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

I'll have to check to see if it's on my Anytime as well, Jedi.

I must admit, I find his wife incredibly annoying. I'm liking his bit of stuff from before better.

Post #: 8
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 12/11/2007 4:04:28 PM   
Timon

It's worth sticking with.

Great show. Along with Chuck, the best thus far.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 9
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 13/11/2007 1:57:56 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

I must admit, I find his wife incredibly annoying. I'm liking his bit of stuff from before better.

Oh yes the Asian girl she looks very nice

Post #: 10
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 14/11/2007 4:18:32 PM   
discodave101

Just watched the second one on sky anytime (no spoilers don't worry), and I'm happy to say this was an improvement, albeit slight, on the pilot. Its still quite clumsy and still feels a little rushed, but enjoyable nonetheless. As I iterated before, its setting up some interesting plot-lines that are keeping me interested enough to watch how this plays out.

Post #: 11
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 19/11/2007 9:24:07 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

I really enjoyed the second episode as well - less rushed than the Pilot, for sure. And I'm intrigued as to Livia's character in all this - she doesn't even seem too sure what's going on. She's following his destiny perhaps? His wife's been hot and cold about the whole thing as well. She keeps saying she'll always be here, but then buggers off upstairs. Bizarre woman  

Post #: 12
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 19/11/2007 9:25:58 AM   
jediwarrior

Made me laugh when he appear on the plane in the 70's with everybody walking about and smoking. How times have change 

Post #: 13
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 19/11/2007 9:52:37 AM   
discodave101

quote:

I really enjoyed the second episode as well - less rushed than the Pilot, for sure. And I'm intrigued as to Livia's character in all this - she doesn't even seem too sure what's going on. She's following his destiny perhaps? His wife's been hot and cold about the whole thing as well. She keeps saying she'll always be here, but then buggers off upstairs. Bizarre woman  

Couldn't agree more, poor character development on the writers behalf so far. Anyway, by the end of the episode I think she's finally got it sorted, but if they do another 'oh he's missed the dinner party so I'm pissed' on her character, I'll be very annoyed.

Post #: 14
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 19/11/2007 3:12:07 PM   
theoriginalcynic

The second episode was a huge improvement

Post #: 15
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 10/12/2007 8:54:53 AM   
jediwarrior

Is anyone still watching this?

I've caught up now watching two episodes over the weekend. Really getting into the series now.

Good also to see that someone finally saw him disappear even if it was his son.

Does anyone think his wife will start a affair with his brother it seems like it could be going that way.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 16
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 10/12/2007 9:19:31 AM   
discodave101

Still don't find this series 'great' by any stretch of the imagination. Unfortunately with the 'story of the week' drama aspect, I find I don't really care about the people he's going back to help, cos I just want to see him figure out why he's actually going back. The stories about his investigations into why its happening - the guy who phoned him from 2 different time zones - his son seeing him - his ex always being there, is all far more entertaining and interesting that some character thats only there for an episode.

In the age of the continuation drama's like Lost, Heroes etc, I find I've really gone off the idea of this format, unless its done exceptionally well.

I'll still watch it, cos it is slightly intriguing, but I wouldn't be particularly gutted if I heard it had been cancellled (cos it would probably mean a quick reveal if they knew in time).

Post #: 17
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 10/12/2007 9:48:53 AM   
jediwarrior

I agree with you discodave about it being very interesting as to why he goes back in time, I do hope we get an answer somewhere down the line maybe his ex-girlfriend might known

Post #: 18
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 10/12/2007 12:30:01 PM   
theoriginalcynic

So he can put right what once went wrong? That's all it'll be at the end - and God will be sending him back like in Quantum Leap.  I am enjoying this series now - it's getting better as we go along...

Post #: 19
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 11/12/2007 1:36:00 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

I agree with you discodave about it being very interesting as to why he goes back in time, I do hope we get an answer somewhere down the line maybe his ex-girlfriend might known

That would explain why she told him to go and see his father in the last episode.

I would've thought his son would've started freaking out or at least told his mother that he saw his dad disappear into thin air - that was slightly unusual.

Post #: 20
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 11/12/2007 4:15:09 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

I would've thought his son would've started freaking out or at least told his mother that he saw his dad disappear into thin air - that was slightly unusual.

Being that old I bet he thinks it's really cool that his dad can just disappear.

Post #: 21
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 12/12/2007 9:32:27 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

quote:

Being that old I bet he thinks it's really cool that his dad can just disappear.

He did say it was "cool" he could do "magic". Let's just hope he doesn't tell all us little mates at school - they'd be wondering what he means.

Post #: 22
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 12/12/2007 12:40:31 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

He did say it was "cool" he could do "magic". Let's just hope he doesn't tell all us little mates at school - they'd be wondering what he means.

He get beaten up by the other school kids for telling big lies

Post #: 23
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 13/12/2007 9:37:26 AM   
jediwarrior

Reading on Ain'titcool website last night. It seems that Journeyman looks like being cancelled as the date has passed when the Network option to order more episodes has gone by. Which means the cast are allowed to look for other jobs

Part of this I blame on the writers strike as it's going to fuck up alot of new shows I think the Bionic Woman is also going the same way.

Post #: 24
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 13/12/2007 9:40:43 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Seriously?!

That's so crap!

Post #: 25
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 13/12/2007 10:06:38 AM   
discodave101

I'm really not that bothered if it is being cancelled, sorry. Also, if thats the case, doesn't this give them adequate time to write a suitable ending, rather than a season 1 cliffhanger preparing for season 2?

Post #: 26
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 13/12/2007 10:12:27 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

I'm really not that bothered if it is being cancelled, sorry. Also, if thats the case, doesn't this give them adequate time to write a suitable ending, rather than a season 1 cliffhanger preparing for season 2?

How many episodes are we into anyway? If we'd had more, I'm pretty sure it would've given people more of an incentive to like it more. I hate the fact that they keep repeating a one series formula.

Post #: 27
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 13/12/2007 10:21:39 AM   
jediwarrior

I think Sky have show 5 episodes so far. But I think 13 have been done. Trouble is as no more will be filmed (no scripts due to writers strike) I don't think we will get a proper ending

Post #: 28
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 13/12/2007 10:33:22 AM   
discodave101

quote:

I think Sky have show 5 episodes so far. But I think 13 have been done. Trouble is as no more will be filmed (no scripts due to writers strike) I don't think we will get a proper ending

I'm sure its been scheduled to complete its series, hasn't it? So even if it is cancelled, once the writers return from the strikes, they'll have plenty of time to write a suitable ending. Obviously, with all the issues caused by the strike action, anything is possible, and the show might not even go back into production if the studio decide to shut it down. I can't see this happening though.

What's the viewing figures been like? The fact that Sky have picked it up so early into its US season must be a good sign, right?

Post #: 29
RE: Journeyman - Sky One Thread - 13/12/2007 11:35:24 AM   
jediwarrior

Here is the report

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The journey is coming to an end for NBC's freshman series "Journeyman

NBC had until Tuesday to give a full-season pickup to the time-travel drama starring Kevin McKidd. The network let that option lapse, practically canceling the series, which posted its lowest adults 18-49 rating (1.7 rating/8 share) on Monday without a "Heroes" lead-in. The network already tried out fellow rookie "Life" in "Journeyman"'s Monday 10 p.m. slot last week.
Despite the Hollywood writers strike, "Journeyman" was able to complete its 13-episode order.
The remaining two original segments will air as scheduled, an NBC spokeswoman said.
NBC recently handed out full-season pickups to two of its four rookie scripted series, "Life" and "Chuck."
Since the production of most scripted series has been suspended because of the strike, such orders are considered a vote of confidence to the shows and a potential renewal for next season if the additional episodes can't be produced by the end of this season.
In limbo is the fate of the fourth new NBC series, the once-promising "Bionic Woman," which has been sliding in the ratings since its premiere.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Journeyman - Sky One Thread Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI