Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 29/4/2006 11:43:11 AM   
dazz

who doesnt love forrest gump?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Forrest Gump hit's you where it mean's the most. The he... - 15/8/2007 8:43:03 PM   
Big Alex

Powerful and emotional drama, very very sad in places. Hank's alway's does a fantastic acting job and no wounder he achieved the academy award for best actor, truly superb. Placing it's bit's of comedy that add's the extra touch of wormth, and truly not stopping there, Gump goes the distance into winning six academy awards, and quite rightly so.

A very powerful film, that's taken it's place among the great's. One of the very best iv'e seen, and gladly worth watching.

Post #: 3
Hard not to love, very easy to enjoy - 27/8/2007 11:05:24 AM   
Ace Rothstein

Before, I watched this film, I knew that it had had some bad press and a fair amount of backlash against its success at the box office and oscars. But the film is a fantastic piece of entertainment and impossible to resis due to Tom Hanks performance, the fast paced narrative and the stunning footge with Gump inserted into the them. Also compelling, is a subplot involving the loss of Lietenant Dans legs and him finally making his piece with od Not a perfect film, but it is an astonishing one.

Post #: 4
"Forrest Gump hit's you where it mean's the most. ... - 2/2/2008 8:57:07 PM   
JCrooks

Yeah it is an amazing film but what i bad title!

Post #: 5
Super Drama - 2/4/2008 1:12:03 PM   
blaud

An absolutely cracking film that mixes drama, romance and action to stunning effect. Definitely a must

Post #: 6
Immense - 14/4/2008 6:49:15 PM   
t_bell

I ready a review that said Forrest Gump was undeserving of five stars?! He must've been on crack-it's Hanks and Zemeckis at their best!

Post #: 7
- 2/7/2008 8:34:02 PM   
willchadwick

I don't love Forrest Gump, not Hanks best performance not even close, no story, 2-d and no sympathetic characters, badly written, patchy scenes, badly put together and painful, I mean excruciating to watch

Post #: 8
- 20/9/2008 12:23:42 AM   
Pat Roach

Watched it last night and laughed my ass off at the whole of the first half. The Vietnam section is dramatically superb but I really feel it flags after that. I like the shrimping bit and Lt. Dan vs God stuff but it tails away a bit smush-illy and in the end I changed the chanel. Funniest bit in the whole film is Gumps over enthusiastically artless entrance to his interview alongside John Lennon.

Post #: 9
what a life - 5/2/2009 4:03:23 AM   
WiseGuy101

a great film, hanks is believable and definitely deserved all its oscars

Post #: 10
The Most Heartwarming Film I have ever seen - 7/2/2009 8:42:30 PM   
JoKeRJaMeZ

Terrific performance, heartbreaking and heartwarming...
I loved it. One of the greats.

Post #: 11
The Most Heartwarming Film I have ever seen - 7/2/2009 8:42:31 PM   
JoKeRJaMeZ

Terrific performance, heartbreaking and heartwarming...
I loved it. One of the greats.

Post #: 12
OutStanding - 22/6/2009 7:49:51 AM   
SlasherHorrorFan

A great film that, of course, deserved all the academy awards including 'Best Picture'. And watching this you can't go past without thinking a fair bit at the least how great Tom's performance of the main character is. Great selection of actors to their assigned characters, too. This movie is a great drama and is easily entertaining in seeing all of Forrest Gump's life telling in front of you while the man is sitting on a bench waiting for a bus with various people listening. A great clap for this film. OUTSTANDING!

Post #: 13
what was the cizen kane of ninties - 8/10/2009 8:44:02 PM   
conorpowell16

forest gump is about a autistic boy who believes in miracles and sadness,sadness,you'll laugh and cry
this is recommend mos people say things like it's retarded but they are stupid Pulp Fiction,Forrest Gump,Titanic,Shawshank redemption and Matrix are best films of the ninties
you will enjoy this film if you like
Rain Man 1988, Milk 2008 and Castway 2000
watch this film

Post #: 14
- 4/1/2010 2:01:28 PM   
FanaticalAboutFilm

Wonderful film!! Always have to cry at the end...
Oscars were well deserved!!

Post #: 15
I Hate This - 27/4/2010 7:33:14 PM   
JohnPaul1996

Terribly overrated,it's good but Tom Hanks annoys me in it,I just hate redneck accents,did you know Bill Murray was originally casted for Forrest?He would have been way better.I can't believe this beat one of the best years of film,Pulp Fiction and Shawshank Redemption are more than twice as good as this film.It has some good parts including the scene with John Lennon,but the one with John F. Kennedy was so cringeworthy as was most the rest of the film.I think the part where he runs for three years was just put in there to fill some time,completely unnecessary,like the Twilight Saga,you just ask...WHY??!!!??

Edit - certain words are not welcome on this site. This link may help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T549VoLca_Q

< Message edited by elab49 -- 13/6/2011 5:18:08 PM >

Post #: 16
CLASSIC - 12/7/2010 10:08:02 PM   
megank13

What can you say about Forrest Gump. Other than that it is a masterpiece. I first watched this when I was about 8 and I didn't really understand it, but after seeing it probably too many times, there is never a dull moment in the movie. You can always get something new from the movie, some meaning about life, love and everything about the 20th Century America, or just humanity! And Hanks' performance, who could imagine someone else playing Forrest, unimaginable! :D

Post #: 17
- 14/8/2010 9:26:02 PM   
TheGodfather

Forrest Gump
Everything is perfect about this masterpiece from Robert Zemeckis. A well written script, excellent acting performances with one of Hanks` best roles of his career and Robin Wrigth portraying in a wonderfully sensitive way Forrest`s big love. The story of course is far fetched and over the top but because of the beautiful characters and because you feel for them, that doesn`t make much of a difference.
The special effects are brilliant. The way Forrest features in the very interesting post-war American history is marvellous and still convinces to this day.
The soundtrack as well as the classic musical score are wonderfull, in wich the songs from the soundtrack fitt perfectly in the time that that part of the story is set.
You can write for hours about it but the best thing is to just go and see the movie again and again, because it keeps you interested at every viewing.
A modern classic, one of the most original and best-crafted films of the past 20 years.
10/10

Post #: 18
Wonderful - 9/3/2011 11:15:24 AM   
blaud

Forrest Gump does so many things right it's virtually impossible to point out any flaws. Tom Hanks is absolutely perfect as the unwitting Gump, and Robin Wright is also well cast as his love interest. The story is fascinating, and always warm and enjoable. The film's bittersweet climax will come as no surprise to many, but there's still very much joy to be had from this simple life story of a boy who couldn't do anything, but did. Superb stuff.

Post #: 19
Classic - 23/3/2011 8:42:51 PM   
bubbagump9

Deserved all the Oscars it got.

< Message edited by bubbagump9 -- 28/3/2011 8:14:43 PM >

Post #: 20
Empire Essay? - 29/7/2011 12:44:53 PM   
Samurai7

This is quite a brief and shitty review for one of the most original and classic movies of all time. Really dissapointed in you Empire for your lack of appreciation!

Post #: 21
One of the Greatest films of all time - 5/9/2011 10:16:45 PM   
trainedasninja

Vastly entertaining and engaging whilst providing a story that is touchingly heartwarming. The fact that its length feels justified, wanted and adds to the story says it all. Plus some brilliant acting, cinematography and period detail just tops it. A story about Forest Gump indeed but also one about America itself.

Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Forrest Gump Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI