Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Pushing Daisies - Spoilers within

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Pushing Daisies - Spoilers within Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pushing Daisies - Spoilers within - 2/11/2007 11:18:22 AM   
PrisonerX

Has anyone besides me watched this show?  It has to be one of the most original and imaginative series shown in recent years.

The idea is solid - a man can bring back the dead for one minute, any longer and someone else dies and uses the power to solve mysteries and crimes.  There's much more to it but that's the main basis.   At the helm is Barry Sonnifield (for the first two episodes anyway) and has a Burtonesque quality to it.  So far it hasn't become too episodic either, keeping the stories and the characters fresh and interesting.

I liked the show for the first four episodes but after watching the fifth this week (the funniest one yet!) I am now completely in love with it.  It's a little strange as my usual taste in movies and TV shows are as far from 'sweet' as you could get, yet there's something about the show's characters and storylines you just can't help but love. Well, it's little show at the moment but it's just got the green light for a full 24 episode season and trust me it's going to be huge!

So if you've seen it, what'd think?

< Message edited by PrisonerX -- 6/11/2007 1:41:54 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Pushing Daisies - Downloaders Thread - 2/11/2007 11:33:55 AM   
Neth

I've been watching so far - in fact, it's the only new show this season I've stuck with in amongst the rest of the mediocrity I've caught.

It swings wildly between me adoring it, and finding it irritating. Lee Pace is a likeable lead and Chi McBride is always good value, and I don't find Anna Friel as annoying as certain online circles seem to. But sometimes its quirkiness just feels a little too forced, and much like Bryan Fuller's previous shows (Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls), it seems to be a neat concept that doesn't actually have much potential to go anywhere.

Still, it's lush to look at and at times very funny. I hope it makes a second season.

< Message edited by Neth -- 2/11/2007 12:36:42 PM >

"You taste like a burger. I don't like you anymore."

(in reply to PrisonerX)
Post #: 2
RE: Pushing Daisies - Downloaders Thread - 4/11/2007 12:30:51 PM   
PrisonerX

I do have an underlying worry it's going to get stale soon.  As much as I love it at the moment, I have no idea where they're heading - come half a series down the line it could be terrible.  Now, that's either a good thing (continuing to produce original ideas) or a very bad thing (they forced to use the formulaic episodic ideas of past to keep it going).

(in reply to PrisonerX)
Post #: 3
RE: Pushing Daisies - Downloaders Thread - 4/11/2007 1:13:40 PM   
The Mighty

This weeks episode was probably the best since the pilot, and the best 40 minutes of television I've seen in ages. Emerson gets all the best lines, but Chuck and Ned are both fantastic leads.

(in reply to PrisonerX)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Pushing Daisies - Spoilers within Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI