Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 Page: <<   < prev  66 67 68 [69] 70   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 4/4/2012 1:14:07 PM   
Base

quote:

ORIGINAL: piccolo135

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

There is an obscene amount of hacking in MW3. No atempts to hide it either, these people are the scum of the earth.

No votekick?!?!

Aside from the name hacks (xbox/ps3 symbols), I'm yet to see any hackers, and I play quite a bit.

How DO you lock onto people that fast?? Serious question, I believe you that there is no hacking but I just don't see how it is done!?!?

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to piccolo135)
Post #: 2041
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 4/4/2012 1:47:33 PM   
piccolo135

Erm...not sure really, to me it doesn't seem like I'm aiming all that fast. Although recently I have managed to do the quick scoping stuff with the MSR rifle and an ACOG scope.

But certainly I'm not doing anything special in order to get my sight up and shooting as fast as possible. However I do think that Steady Aim Pro helps a lot (time in which it takes to aim after running), and also using a bit of 'peripheral' vision as I move round the map. (Note - move ROUND the map, dont charge through the centre).

If you're not managing the odd decent game after that, then you must have some big lag issues. Whats your NAT type like?

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 2042
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 5/4/2012 9:28:21 AM   
Base

The fact I don't even know what that means may go some way to explaining why I suck so bad at this!!!

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to piccolo135)
Post #: 2043
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 5/4/2012 10:28:27 AM   
st3veebee

I should point out I play on PC (The only way to play FPS games..)

But yes: usually every 3-4 games you will find a hacker auto-aiming with something like 70 -1 ratio.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 2044
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 6/4/2012 5:04:05 PM   
piccolo135

Ah on PC. In which was I can't comment because I'm on XBOX.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 2045
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 6/4/2012 9:47:19 PM   
borstal

quote:

I should point out I play on PC (The only way to play FPS games..)

Aside from the hacking

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 2046
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 17/4/2012 6:36:36 PM   
Spiked

I've moved back to Black Ops....

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 2047
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 17/4/2012 8:14:45 PM   
Pratt82

MW3 is without doubt, the easiest COD on Veteran Difficulty in the whole collection.

Breezed through it today and in total, I died 8 times in the whole Campaign. I died 4x that in one section of the Black Ops Campaign.

Just the Spec Ops to complete now.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Spiked)
Post #: 2048
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 17/4/2012 8:52:29 PM   
James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

MW3 is without doubt, the easiest COD on Veteran Difficulty in the whole collection.

Breezed through it today and in total, I died 8 times in the whole Campaign. I died 4x that in one section of the Black Ops Campaign.

Spec Ops is a lot tougher than the SP. The Wallstreet Crash level is an absolute nightmare unless you have someone who knows how to play the game.

Got all the stars though

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 2049
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 18/4/2012 2:15:43 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spiked

I prefered Black Ops: better levels, guns ...everything really.

Latest Films:

(in reply to Spiked)
Post #: 2050
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 19/4/2012 2:15:15 PM   
Spiked

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spiked

I prefered Black Ops: better levels, guns ...everything really.

Exactly. I just find it a better multiplayer experience.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 2051
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 20/4/2012 10:39:40 PM   
borstal

Oh dear. Ive had one go on the multiplayer and thats enough. I get that people like the quick frantic action of CoD but its not for me. Plus either Im shit hot or most CoD players are shit. I was in a match with what looked like highly ranked players 60+ and I was obviously rank 1 and still managed to come third.

The campaign is a blast though, quite enjoyable in its OTT action style plus looks nice too. Pity its so fucking easy though. Hopfully I can get it rinsed quite quickly and get a return on the £17 I paid for it.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to Spiked)
Post #: 2052
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 20/4/2012 10:58:58 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Oh dear. Ive had one go on the multiplayer and thats enough. I get that people like the quick frantic action of CoD but its not for me. Plus either Im shit hot or most CoD players are shit. I was in a match with what looked like highly ranked players 60+ and I was obviously rank 1 and still managed to come third.

The campaign is a blast though, quite enjoyable in its OTT action style plus looks nice too. Pity its so fucking easy though. Hopfully I can get it rinsed quite quickly and get a return on the £17 I paid for it.

Spec Ops?

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 2053
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 20/4/2012 11:11:48 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

Spec Ops is a lot tougher than the SP. The Wallstreet Crash level is an absolute nightmare unless you have someone who knows how to play the game.

Got all the stars though

I think I tried that level on my own. I got into the room with all the computers and died quickly. I've got 3 Stars on most of them on my own. There are 2 levels you must do with a partner which is a ball ache but I'm sure YFU is wanting a hand doing them anyway. At the moment, I've found the submarine the hardest on Veteran due to all the tight corners and trying to turn the wheel to stop the crew shuttling the sub as it takes ages, and they shoot at you whilst your doing it.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 2054
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 23/4/2012 10:15:13 PM   
borstal

Well thats veteran scratched in a couple of days. The very last bit was close to being described as a bit challenging and thats about it. Long gone are those days of struggling for ages on levels on CoD2

Some nice visuals in cities Ive been to left me wanting more from the levels. There was a nod to ww2 cods as you made your way through a bombed out Paris but whereas in the earlier games you got a feeling of being there in this you just ran through, maybe died a couple of times if you were careless.

Just got to get to grips with SPec Ops which Ive heard is easier than MW2 and its done.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 2055
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 24/4/2012 10:36:25 AM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Well thats veteran scratched in a couple of days. The very last bit was close to being described as a bit challenging and thats about it. Long gone are those days of struggling for ages on levels on CoD2

Some nice visuals in cities Ive been to left me wanting more from the levels. There was a nod to ww2 cods as you made your way through a bombed out Paris but whereas in the earlier games you got a feeling of being there in this you just ran through, maybe died a couple of times if you were careless.

Just got to get to grips with SPec Ops which Ive heard is easier than MW2 and its done.

This will be proven on Wednesday between the hours of 6-9pm.

Got a 'Missed You Card' through the door from the postman. I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is 'Assassins Creed and Bully' from you Mr B. My guess is based entirely on the name put above the address:

Mattilda DougArse???

Let's hope I don't have a jobs-worth of a postman when I go to collect it at the depot.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 2056
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 24/4/2012 11:12:57 AM   
borstal

It may be from me....

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 2057
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 24/4/2012 11:41:32 AM   
Chief

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 2058
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 29/4/2012 9:46:57 AM   
kumar

playing online is so hard. think maybe i will go back to arkham city, that way noone can beat me.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 2059
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 15/5/2012 11:23:16 PM   
kumar

my ps3 enjoys to be a dick and consistently fuck up when downloading patches so ive started to try the usb method. the new patch, 1.14- where can i download it from on my laptop to install it manually? ive been searching ages and it wontlet me play online without it :(

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 2060
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 26/5/2012 11:16:53 AM   
James2183

Tried it again this weekend after the free maps. This series really need an overhaul and new things added to it.

Graded Lobbies - I'm a pretty good CoD player. But the amount of times I've been thrown onto teams who have only just bought the game and get hammered is annoying. I believe WaW had graded lobbies to start off with, a similar thing should be reintroduced. Lobbies for people with a certain K/D would be a massive way to help the experienced players get decent games, whilst giving the newer players a chance to learn the game and not get their arse handed to them constantly.

DNF grading. Works perfectly in FIFA and should be introduced to CoD. The amount of players that quit during games in order to sustain their win ratio (usually the L33T 10th Prestiges who aren't used to getting smashed) is ridiculous. Being able to filter players so that you only play against people who have a low DNF would be great. Yes it can be argued that some players wil have dodgy connections but that's their own fault and will just be filtered into lobbies with others who have the same problems.

Death Streaks should fuck off. Specifically Last Stand and Dead Mans Hand.

Double Screen gaming. When playing against these type of players you find they are one of two things. 1) Camp in a specific spot and cover each other or 2) completely useless and end up dying with a combined score of 2-29. This game type should only be allowed in specific lobbies for these type of players. If you're running Assassin and/or Blind Eye and kill one of the two players the other one will automatically know where I am, which goes against the whole point of me running those perks.

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 2061
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 14/6/2012 10:21:21 AM   
st3veebee

Getting back into this after being initially underwhelmed, and so picked up the first DLC pack. (Fantastic new maps, I must say)

I still fart about in the standard Multiplayer but I am loving the communiy games at the minute: Infected is tremendous fun with one flaw that drives me insane: why the hell not add rounds? THe games can last about a minute and so most time is spent loading and picking maps!

The FFA/Gun game is also great fun, but the main reason I am not bored just yet is that the new maps are actually decent (nothing spectacular, mind) but such an improvment over the dissapointing standard maps. Loving the blatant BF rip off map in the park.

Anyone else playing this on the PC, through steam?

Latest Films:

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 2062
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 14/6/2012 11:21:04 AM   
borstal

quote:

Anyone else playing this on the PC, through steam?

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 2063
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 14/6/2012 12:09:09 PM   
st3veebee

Oy! Cheeky!

I would go off on one about PC being better for FPS etc but I think you are probably right on this one. Such a port job.

Also...shouldn't that sentence in the picture be more yodafied? The syntax is far too standard.

Latest Films:

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 2064
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 4/7/2012 2:03:18 PM   
st3veebee

Half price on most COD games on amazon.com today.

Latest Films:

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 2065
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 7/7/2012 8:49:33 PM   
James2183

I swear they put the M16 in this game to take the piss. Quite possibly the worst gun in a FPS ever.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 2066
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 8/7/2012 12:13:42 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

I swear they put the M16 in this game to take the piss. Quite possibly the worst gun in a FPS ever.

I don't think it was to take the piss out of you though, you officially retired from MW3 online months ago!

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 2067
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 8/7/2012 8:51:39 AM   
James2183

A fair point and I was. However this is currently the only game I have in my collection right now, which helps me chill out between development. And I'm practicing for a local MW tournament that's taking place soon so need to become accustom to all the guns

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 2068
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 14/8/2012 8:10:30 PM   
James2183

More info on Blops 2

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-14-call-of-duty-black-ops-2-multiplayer-ditches-kill-streaks-embraces-e-sports-first-screenshots

Scroll down for info. I liked the idea of dropping killstreaks and perks slots but having the ability to completely deck yourself with any 8 perks and one overpowered gun (like there always is in a CoD game) doesn't bode well in retrospect. One of the good things about perk slots was that certain ones couldn't be used with others, now we have the prospect over overpowered sprinters with commando melee's etc.

quote:

Treyarch has lifted the lid on Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 multiplayer at a special event at German show Gamescom, confirming the series' famous kill streaks have been ditched and new e-sports focused features have been added.

Kill streaks have been replaced by score streaks, hinted at in the multiplayer teaser trailer released last week. In the game, killing enemy players and performing 'Scoring Events' gains you points that fill up the 'Score Streak Meter', displayed on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen next to the score streak icons. When the meter fills up, you gain access to a score streak, which you can activate in the traditional way (using the d-pad on the Xbox controller). Currently, there are 22 score streaks in the game.
You can even earn two score streaks in one scoring event. Game design director David Vonderhaar gave the example of a player who had grabbed the flag, which earns points, killed an enemy player while carrying the flag (a flag carry kill) and finally captured the flag, for a total of 400 score streak points, which unlocked two score streaks at once. This new system "allows us to reward desirable gameplay behaviour, that is behaviour that helps you and your team win the game mode you're playing".
Black Ops 2 will ship with 55 levels of progression and 10 levels of prestige. "We wanted to return some simplicity into the level system," Vonderhaar said. "Most players can get through 55 levels in about 24 hours - a couple of nights of playing for a hardcore guy." Treyarch is saving more information on the levelling and unlocks for a reveal closer to launch, but we know that medals will be awarded to players who "do something cool". Players with medals then earn extra experience points, and medals are repeatable.
"When we were looking at this system very critically, when we were looking at ranking and progression and what we wanted to do with this thing, we realised there are some things you do as a player that are just completely awesome, but that shouldn't necessarily count towards earning your next score streak," Vonderhaar explained. "So intentionally and carefully, we've separated XP and scoring events. Sometimes scoring and medal events are the same thing. Sometimes you'll see a scoring event with no medal whatsoever, and sometimes you'll see a medal with no scoring event.

More action on the Aftermath map. Note the A.G.R. score streak reward, and the Assault Shield item, which can be placed into the ground as portable cover.
"This keeps you engaged. You know something awesome is happening, and you feel rewarded for doing those things."
Black Ops 2 does not use COD Points. Instead, you get one unlock token every time you level up. Tokens can be used to unlock all the items in the game (currently over 100), including weapons, perks, equipment, wild cards (more on that later) and score streaks themselves. This content, though, is gated by major rank changes. So, some items only become available at certain ranks. Vonderhaar said you won't be able to unlock all the items in a single progression. The only way to do so is with prestige.
"This offers freedom of choice while still keeping drama in the system, still giving you something to look forward to you," he said. "You have to decide which one you really want, and that makes it a lot of fun."
Items are used in the new Create a Class system. Eagle-eyed Call of Duty fans will have noticed from Activision's multiplayer teaser video that some classes did not have primary weapons, or secondary weapons. This is all down to Treyarch's new system for customising your classes, called Pick 10.
Back when we started, we were pretty pleased with Black Ops, and pretty happy with how Create a Class came out. It was a very successful game for our studio. But as a team of game makers we really knew in our soul we wanted to test all the assumptions about these gameplay systems - Treyarch game design director David Vonderhaar.
"Back when we started, we were pretty pleased with Black Ops, and pretty happy with how Create a Class came out," Vonderhaar said. "It was a very successful game for our studio. But as a team of game makers we really knew in our soul we wanted to test all the assumptions about these gameplay systems."

Treyarch used a paper board game to help come up with its new system, which it called the Pick 10 Loadout game (see image). "We learned what problems had been introduced into the system we wanted to solve. And most importantly, we learned where we wanted to take it. This 'aha!' moment for us was when we realised the fun is in building classes that further a particular play style or favourite gameplay tactic, that didn't impact the tuning of the game in any way we couldn't solve for."
Pick 10 lets players take any 10 pieces of content from the game, including weapons, weapon attachments, perks, grenades or equipment, and assign them to a pre-determined slot. But you don't have to take content from a category. Instead, you can trade something you don't care for for something you will. In fact, you don't even have to take a primary weapon. Or any weapons at all. If you do not want a grenade, you don't have to take it. You might use the allocation point for a perk.
Every item costs one of these 10 allocation points, which fill a bar displayed at the top of the customise a class screen. In addition, wild cards, which each use one of the 10 allocation points, let you "bend the rules". They can let you take two perks from the same category, or add a third attachment to your gun, for example.

Vonderhaar highlighted some of the new items. The Assault Shield is a special piece of equipment, seen in the multiplayer trailer, that lets you plant a shield in the ground and use it as portable cover. The Millimetre Scanner, a weapon attachment, detects targets in the world by sending a pulse from your gun. This lets you see through walls and smoke, and is good for spotting campers. There are no perks that modify the behaviour of a weapon in Black Ops 2. Instead, you have to take an attachment for the gun you wish to modify.
Another new item is the Shock Charge, again, seen in the trailer. This stuns your target, making them easy to pick off. "The Pick 10 system combined with wild cards illustrates how we give the power of complete customisation to the player," Vonderhaar said.

The bridge on the Turbine map is a great choke point.
Score streaks include the Guardian, a turret that sends out player-stunning waves. The A.G.R. is an AI-controlled tank that starts mowing down the enemy as soon as it lands on the battlefield, but hold the X button (on the Xbox 360 version) and you can assume direct control over it. The Hellstorm missile flies down from the heavens. As you pilot it, you can drive it straight into the ground (and even speed up its progress), or you can choose to burst it into many smaller missiles, potentially killing more bad guys. And finally the Escort Drone, a flying death dealer, acts under the guidance of the AI, but it reports in to the player with voice communications.

We think there is a tremendous opportunity here to bring e-sports to the masses, and we think Call of Duty is the game to do it.
With Black Ops 2 Treyarch is embracing e-sports to a greater extent than any Call of Duty game. "We think there is a tremendous opportunity here to bring e-sports to the masses, and we think Call of Duty is the game to do it," Vonderhaar said.
Treyarch has introduced League Play, a skill-based matchmaking system that sorts players into divisions. It is hoped it will mean players of all skill levels can get something out of the game, traditionally inhospitable to newcomers. To rank up into a division, you'll need to win and win consistently, Vonderhaar said.
Complementing this is Codcasting, a new system that lets shoutcasters "put a show together". Shoutcasters have a number of viewing options they can switch between, and more information is displayed in the UI, including the score panel and a large name plate on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. Feeds include an overhead map view and a picture in picture view, which shows the action on the left and player information on the right. Shoutcasters can also tune in to the players themselves, listening to communication during a match.
But perhaps the most exciting new e-sports related feature is Live Streaming. This work-in progress system is designed to allow players to stream their games from within the game itself with the press of a single button. Vonderhaar showed a live game running on multiple iPads, suggesting we'll be able to watch matches from multiple devices.

More action, again on the Turbine map.
There is little information on Live Streaming at present. There is room for players to use a USB camera to show themselves picture in picture. "You're going to need some decent upstream bandwidth," Vonderhaar added. "You do not need a high end PC. You do not need complex streaming software and hardware." More information will be revealed closer to launch.
Treyarch showed off two brand new modes. The first is called multi-team, a first for the Call of Duty series. It allows up to six teams to battle against each other on the same map, with any combination of 18 players available.
In a multi-team game there are a lot of bad guys for you to worry about.
"This makes small group tactics matter," Vonderhaar said. "In a multi-team game there are a lot of bad guys for you to worry about. So when you get partnered up, three on three on three or any combination of six teams, up to 18 players, you've got to coordinate, you've got to protect each other's backs, you've got to work together."
The second new game mode is Hardpoint, a riff on classic king of the hill. A Hardpoint is a location on the map, which changes as the battle progresses. The only way for your team to score is to occupy it. Hardpoint can be played in multi-team mode too. Classic modes confirmed to be returning include team deathmatch, domination and search and destroy.
Four maps were unveiled. Aftermath takes place in 2025 (the year the game is set) right after a drone attack. It has unique environments and is designed to show off "the level of destruction we can get at 60 frames". Cargo sees crates moving around, so cover constantly changes. Turbine, shown on the multiplayer trailer, is one of the game's largest maps., and has a number of areas players can climb up on. And Yemen is a close quarter urban street fight in dusty city streets.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 2069
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 3/10/2012 6:35:21 PM   
Proudfoot

I'm playing MW3 and I have a question about those prestige tokens. It says you can swap one for two hours of double xp, but how exactly does that work? is it two hours in a row or can you stop and then come back later? Is it two hours real time or only the exact playing time?

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 2070
Page:   <<   < prev  66 67 68 [69] 70   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 Page: <<   < prev  66 67 68 [69] 70   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI