Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 Page: <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 15/12/2011 6:20:08 PM   
James2183

Being a noob at MW is a massive learning curve. Cover your corners, don't run and try to learn the maps as quickly as possible.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1981
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 15/12/2011 8:11:50 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Was hoping for a good session today when I got home but the wife is all over the bleedin telly ! I've heard Spec Ops Survival is a good way to get to grips for multiplayer and learn the maps.

Thanks for the pointers

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 1982
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 16/12/2011 11:00:48 AM   
Dirk Miggler

Played survival mode last nite and found it really addictive, more enjoyable than the campaign tbh.

Had another dabble online and I agree there is a massive learning curve, I was in one match and everyone was level 60+ the map was pretty open, every fckers running round wi sniper rifles, n im carrying a shity sub machine gun, n shotgun. I was in fckin awe at some of the kills on me !

One thing I will say is that more than a few times i've unloaded half my Mag on someone, they turn around, bang, 1 shot dead ! Is this just from me having so few attachments on the guns and no good perks ? Granted I am by no means great at aiming but some of these were dead on !

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 1983
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 16/12/2011 12:06:29 PM   
Chief

Certain guns kill you quicker, noticeably the Type 95.....

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 1984
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 18/12/2011 7:53:10 PM   
SWOTBM

Completed all the Spec Ops missions earlier today, just need to do the survival missions for the Plat.  Overall they are most definitely easier than MW2, I solo'ed all of them apart from the ones that require two people.  In fact the game actually makes it easier for you to solo them (you can take more damage, less enemies etc.) which makes missions like Smack Town and Server Crash noticeably easier.  Compared with MW2 where it was very, very hard to solo all the missions.  Works out fine for me though, Specs Ops sucks ass anyway and it means I have to spend less time trying to find competent team mates who know what they are doing.  Not looking forwards to this level 15 in all Survival modes though, definitely going to be a grind :(

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1985
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 21/12/2011 4:03:30 PM   
James2183

Popped back to MW3 this week

FMG9's still overpowered.

Matchmaking fecking useless

Spawning just as bad.

Rage quitters increasing and causing lobbies to close

Lag all over the place

Plus continued messages offering infinite prestige tokens and infected lobbies

Skyrim and Saints Row 3 on Christmas list. When these arrive I can't see myself going back to MW3.

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 1986
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 21/12/2011 4:32:28 PM   
Chief

I prestiged once and got up to about level 20-odd and then just couldn't be arsed anymore. Even using different guns and perks it feels too samey. Maps are too small and there just isn't enough variety.

It wasn't bad and is very polished but going back to BF3 has been refreshing.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 1987
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 21/12/2011 5:14:43 PM   
James2183

Battlefield didn't interest me either. I just think FPS have peaked.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1988
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 22/12/2011 12:46:20 PM   
James2183

January 24 for first DLC.

Three months after release. So much for monthly DLC for Elite members eh?

I will hopefully be taking an arrow to the knee before that arrives.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 1989
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 22/12/2011 1:11:17 PM   
jcthefirst

Haven't touched this at all since finsihing the campaign.

Just no desire to play it.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 1990
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 22/12/2011 2:24:44 PM   
piccolo135

Feeling exactly the same as you guys toward this game at the mo. Theres just no interest in it whatsoever. They really have turned CoD into a camp-a-thon these days.
I fully admit I ran with the Scar + silencer the other night and camped it up to see what the fuss was about, got 33-6 by the end. Completely boring and pointless game.

Skyrim however, is flippin brilliant.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1991
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 22/12/2011 11:52:09 PM   
Proudfoot

I keep buying these games. Then I get molested in MP, again and again and again... and of course get all pissed, because that's obviously not fun.  I'd say I have some modicum of fun playing MP, say 10% of the time.

I wonder why I buy this stuff, but I'm sure they love consumers like me.

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

(in reply to piccolo135)
Post #: 1992
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 22/12/2011 11:58:01 PM   
Proudfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: piccolo135

Feeling exactly the same as you guys toward this game at the mo. Theres just no interest in it whatsoever. They really have turned CoD into a camp-a-thon these days.
I fully admit I ran with the Scar + silencer the other night and camped it up to see what the fuss was about, got 33-6 by the end. Completely boring and pointless game.

This is insane to me. Everything seems to be going at 45744 miles per hour, with no camping chances. Usually camping is my chance to get one or two kills in COD, but this is so cramped and fast there's none of that crap. I go down less than 30 seconds after I've spawned.

I suck at these things...

"We must never forget that we are human, and as humans we dream, and when we dream we dream of money."

(in reply to piccolo135)
Post #: 1993
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 23/12/2011 12:30:06 PM   
piccolo135

quote:

ORIGINAL: Proudfoot

quote:

This is insane to me. Everything seems to be going at 45744 miles per hour, with no camping chances. Usually camping is my chance to get one or two kills in COD, but this is so cramped and fast there's none of that crap. I go down less than 30 seconds after I've spawned.

I suck at these things...

Yeah I agree that the pace of the game is very quick, you dont have much time to think while moving around the map. What I mean by a camp-a-thon is the silenced weapon / assassin pro / heart beat sensor f**kers that sit in the dark corners pointing their sight at the way in. I think it must be a combination of the maps and perks that make a considerable number of players sit in corners with assault rifles.

And no disrespect toward quick-scopers, but thats not really a viable way to play the game. It really isnt. The other night one quick scoper got the final killcam, the shot impacting almost a full metre to the right of the victim in question.

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 1994
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 23/12/2011 7:21:17 PM   
Proudfoot

quote:

Yeah I agree that the pace of the game is very quick, you dont have much time to think while moving around the map. What I mean by a camp-a-thon is the silenced weapon / assassin pro / heart beat sensor f**kers that sit in the dark corners pointing their sight at the way in. I think it must be a combination of the maps and perks that make a considerable number of players sit in corners with assault rifles.

And no disrespect toward quick-scopers, but thats not really a viable way to play the game. It really isnt. The other night one quick scoper got the final killcam, the shot impacting almost a full metre to the right of the victim in question.

Ah, I see. Understand what you mean.

With regards to quick-scoping... I don't like it much, seems to make game not fun for both winners and loosers. I played a random team death match where my team was annihilated by one of those guys. The next match I was on his team and he whupped everyone. Neither game was fun.

(in reply to piccolo135)
Post #: 1995
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 23/12/2011 9:08:47 PM   
Spektre

I don't understand no scoping! Is it skill or some kind of hack?
I also keep noticing people doing the drop shot without any pause. I know there are a few youtube vids where people show how to use a modded joypad to combine shoot and duck into one button. The are also a few jump shot people around! They're probably even more annoying.

edit: I just worked out how to do it! You just sort of do a quick scope and shoot!

< Message edited by Spektre -- 23/12/2011 10:14:42 PM >

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 1996
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 23/12/2011 11:38:16 PM   
Proudfoot

It's interesting that all the maps are small, messy, super cramped and incredibly intense. I presume they made it like that to make it fast, avoid too much camping and to keep things crazy and over the top. But then you wonder why would anyone play sniper style in such a crazy bunch of headless chickens scenario...

And suddenly the quick.scoping makes sense. It's the only reason to pick up that type of weapon.

Personally I think it ruins the game (probably because I'm not skilled enough to play like that myself), but I can see why they did it and I'm sure the hardcore crowd find it fun.

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 1997
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 30/1/2012 11:03:52 PM   
talpacino

Meh. Got a loan of this off a friend just to fly through the campaign. Took me about 9 hours on veteran but you could probably do it in 5 if you want to play on normal just for the story() and the experience. It's ok. It looks great and there are some good tense moments and some really good exciting action sequences. It's just gotten a bit old and boring now and you know what to expect and can pretty much predict everything. If you're not interested in the multiplayer which I'm not then I'd say just rent or get a loan. At least it's a hell of a lot better than Battlefield 3's story mode.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Proudfoot)
Post #: 1998
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 2/2/2012 9:12:34 AM   
TheFuzz_1989

Sorry, I already played this in 2007. Battlefield for me.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 1999
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 5/2/2012 5:55:35 PM   
bub

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheFuzz_1989

Sorry, I already played this in 2007. Battlefield for me.

Ahh the typical it's all exactly the same cheap shot bollocks. You do realise Battlefield games have hardly changed at all whilst COD has added Spec Ops, Zombies and now a new survival mode whilst Battlefield has the same old game modes with bugger all new added, oh wait they added a 2 player spec ops mode as well which is apparently utter shit.

Anyway they've added a new game mode today called Infection it's quiet fun legging it as loads of crazy knife wielding dudes are chasing you.

(in reply to TheFuzz_1989)
Post #: 2000
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 6/2/2012 11:59:46 AM   
TheFuzz_1989

Look, I've played MW3, and while I can see the appeal, it really is cheap of the developers to not make any major inovation (especially with at least 2 separate parties working on it), what's the difference does new guns, graphics, killstreaks make?
You kill people. You earn killstreaks. People kill you. You unlock shit for guns and callsigns. The more "talented" few upload "amazing" kills to Youtube.
This principle has not changed since CoD 4.
Hell, it runs on the same engine.

The changes from Battlefield 2 to 3 have involved building a whole new engine with destructible environments, completely new animations (FYI the CoD character animations haven't changed since CoD 4), stunning graphics with advanced lightning techniques, and a big tweak to the basic MP gameplay (e the inclusion of Rush (a completely different objective based gameplay mode that was developed in BC and BC2), an overhauled class system narrowing down somewhat 6 classes to 4 with some great new devices and gameplay (such as the Javelin/ SOFLAM mechanic), not to mention some great new ideas for maps (bas jumping), not to mention the inclusion of Jets, which were seldom left out of BC1 and 2.

Look, don't mistake me for a totally BF fanboy. I loved CoD 4, and MW2 was... alright. But no major changes are being made to these games, so why should I spend my money on the same thing? Nothing beats some good ol' Call of Duty 4 Team Deathmatch.
Call of Duty started the whole shooter craze (after Halo, of course) but now the competition has caught up and is offering different things like bulletstorm, Rage, etc. Unless CoD changes the formula, I won't be buying another one.

Look, this is just my opinion, I can see why people play it, I respect their opinions (mostly), you challenged me, so there you go.

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 2001
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 7/2/2012 12:21:15 PM   
James2183

Infection is an abomination of a game mode.

Post #: 2002
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 7/2/2012 12:39:10 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheFuzz_1989

Look, I've played MW3, and while I can see the appeal, it really is cheap of the developers to not make any major inovation (especially with at least 2 separate parties working on it), what's the difference does new guns, graphics, killstreaks make?
You kill people. You earn killstreaks. People kill you. You unlock shit for guns and callsigns. The more "talented" few upload "amazing" kills to Youtube.
This principle has not changed since CoD 4.
Hell, it runs on the same engine.

The changes from Battlefield 2 to 3 have involved building a whole new engine with destructible environments, completely new animations (FYI the CoD character animations haven't changed since CoD 4), stunning graphics with advanced lightning techniques, and a big tweak to the basic MP gameplay (e the inclusion of Rush (a completely different objective based gameplay mode that was developed in BC and BC2), an overhauled class system narrowing down somewhat 6 classes to 4 with some great new devices and gameplay (such as the Javelin/ SOFLAM mechanic), not to mention some great new ideas for maps (bas jumping), not to mention the inclusion of Jets, which were seldom left out of BC1 and 2.

Look, don't mistake me for a totally BF fanboy. I loved CoD 4, and MW2 was... alright. But no major changes are being made to these games, so why should I spend my money on the same thing? Nothing beats some good ol' Call of Duty 4 Team Deathmatch.
Call of Duty started the whole shooter craze (after Halo, of course) but now the competition has caught up and is offering different things like bulletstorm, Rage, etc. Unless CoD changes the formula, I won't be buying another one.

Look, this is just my opinion, I can see why people play it, I respect their opinions (mostly), you challenged me, so there you go.

I agree with most of this (MW2 was the death of CoD, I even thought Black Ops was better! Take that Treyarch haters!) however Bub wins the argument for having a wonderful avatar.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 2003
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 10/2/2012 7:36:03 PM   
Chief Wiggum

this came through from Lovefilm today, had a quick blast this afternoon, got bored of the campaign in the first mission so flipped over to MP....

MP is just shit - no major change from black Ops or MW2 for that matter - the inclusion of the Kill Streak carrying over once you die is a bit weird (surely once you die your kill streak is over), but quite a good thing none the less - It's just like Homefront that came out last year.

Spec ops is more of the same, I just cannot see any reason why I should move from BF3 to this.

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 2004
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 10/2/2012 7:48:10 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I was playing through the early stages of the campaign today (on normal, I'll go back and have a crack at veteran but I always get too frustrated) and thought it was pretty epic to be honest. I haven't finished BF3's campaign yet but having played both it's only backed up the feeling that MW3 for campaign, BF3 for multiplayer.

I've just been through the 'turbulance' level. Fantastic stuff. The campaign is so fast and ridiculous it makes it great. Missed the achievement for shooting them all though, I knew straight after the 'slow mo' section that if I'd done it right one should have popped, it just had that feel to it.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 2005
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 14/2/2012 2:13:33 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

How is Veteran on this? I'm tempted to use a bit of my outstanding credit to fire through the SP, but just wondering whereabouts it's pitched? About the same as MW2?

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 2006
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 14/2/2012 3:50:07 PM   
talpacino

I'd say it's a good bit easier than 2 actually. Took me maybe 8 or 9 hours to go through on Vet on my first and only playthrough.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 2007
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 14/2/2012 4:31:36 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

How is Veteran on this? I'm tempted to use a bit of my outstanding credit to fire through the SP, but just wondering whereabouts it's pitched? About the same as MW2?

I'd be up for some Spec Ops as well if you're interested....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 2008
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 15/2/2012 8:57:59 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

quote:

I would. My only regret with MW2 is not getting time to do the Spec Ops properly.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

Post #: 2009
RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 - 15/2/2012 9:14:09 AM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

quote:

Now don't you go completing all those Spec-Ops without me pal! I will need alittle help too you know.

Glad to hear 'Veteran' doesn't sound too difficult and frustrating......I mean Tal managed it. In my experience I think the hardest 'Call of Duty' on 'Veteran' for me was 'Call of Duty 3'............by far the hardest, especially trying to hold out at the end of the game. What a bitch!

All Work & No Play! :(

Post #: 2010
Page:   <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: CoD MW, MW2 & MW3 Page: <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI