Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: COD4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: COD4 Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: COD4 - 27/11/2007 11:33:58 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I've heard another good tactic aswell, run to the right of the Ferris Wheel, round the side of the building, plant your claymores and back yourself into a corner for cover. You then have to throw a couple of Grenades back and just wait for the chooper. Haven't tried it yet so don't hold me to it!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 151
RE: COD4 - 28/11/2007 9:49:35 AM   
danbo1138

thats what i did first time coz i forgot i had any claymors,then i just crouched on the platform of the feris wheel and picked em off.i planted my claymors around the gaps in the fence,worked a treat

< Message edited by danbo1138 -- 28/11/2007 9:50:04 AM >

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 152
RE: COD4 - 28/11/2007 6:43:57 PM   
the anomaly

Completed this on hardened today. Great fun its my first COD so its all new to me. Multiplayer is great fun seems I need a lot of practice though. I am quite rusty as I have not really played any shooters in a long time. Espcially multi player.
One or two achievements to get and then I will start Vet mode...

Post #: 153
RE: COD4 - 28/11/2007 7:08:38 PM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

I've heard another good tactic aswell, run to the right of the Ferris Wheel, round the side of the building, plant your claymores and back yourself into a corner for cover. You then have to throw a couple of Grenades back and just wait for the chooper. Haven't tried it yet so don't hold me to it!

Yeah I got in the corner too and claymored the far end of the lot to keep guys from coming that way for a while while I picked off the helicopter troops. Still a complete bastard though.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

Post #: 154
RE: COD4 - 29/11/2007 10:31:14 AM   
the anomaly

Can anyone suggest a level where I can shoot down a chopper with an RPG? I thought I did this but seems like I did not.
Also the "this show sucks" achievement. Destroying all the TV's with  Khaled Al-Asad speech on it. I assume they are on the levels starting with you as Jackson going in to get Khaled Al-Asad and ending after those. Could have sworn I got them all yesterday!
Playing through on Vet now. Its not too bad acutally I have gotten through it ok. Probally as I have gotten a lot better at the game.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 155
RE: COD4 - 29/11/2007 1:03:46 PM   
target

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Can anyone suggest a level where I can shoot down a chopper with an RPG? I thought I did this but seems like I did not.
Also the "this show sucks" achievement. Destroying all the TV's with  Khaled Al-Asad speech on it. I assume they are on the levels starting with you as Jackson going in to get Khaled Al-Asad and ending after those. Could have sworn I got them all yesterday!
Playing through on Vet now. Its not too bad acutally I have gotten through it ok. Probally as I have gotten a lot better at the game.

I got the chooper one on "heat". At the start go up in to the church tower grab the RPG, then after you've used the mini gun in the downed helicopter two choopers should come down low enough for you to shot one down.

And for "this show sucks" all the tv's are on  the "charley dont surf" mission, there are two up in sniper positions before you get to the tv station. I think they have intell near them to.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 156
RE: COD4 - 29/11/2007 5:53:13 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

quote:

I got the chooper one on "heat". At the start go up in to the church tower grab the RPG, then after you've used the mini gun in the downed helicopter two choopers should come down low enough for you to shot one down.

And for "this show sucks" all the tv's are on  the "charley dont surf" mission, there are two up in sniper positions before you get to the tv station. I think they have intell near them to.

Cheers mate. I just wanted to make sure the TV's were on one level otherwise I would have been looking for them everywhere! Don't tell me where they are though finding them is all the fun.
Could have sworn I downed a chopper though but never mind I will have fun doing that.

(in reply to target)
Post #: 157
RE: COD4 - 29/11/2007 5:57:36 PM   
Mojo

I finally got "Your Show Sucks" after irritatingly having destroyed all the tvs on Charlie Don't Surf over and over again. There are two on the level before (Blackout I think its called) that you have to get as well, or at least I had to get them.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

Post #: 158
RE: COD4 - 29/11/2007 6:21:22 PM   
Castor Troy

Do you have to do them first and then the ones in Charlie Dont Surf straight after? Wheres the one in Blackout other than the guards hut at the start?

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 159
RE: COD4 - 29/11/2007 6:46:09 PM   
Mojo

Yeah you gotta do them first. Well I was reading on another forum that there were two to be destroyed on Blackout, that first one in the hut and then another in the first building on the right (near the gate) after grappling down from the power plant. However, when I played it the second one  was just a blank screen with no Al Asad so it might just be the first one.

Post #: 160
RE: COD4 - 29/11/2007 8:38:23 PM   
Castor Troy

So I've gotta go all through Blackout and then start Charlie? That's gay.

The achievments I have left are the intel ones which I can't be bothered for, One Shot on Veteran, complete game on Veteran (which will come with One Shot obv), freefall on veteran and the TVs.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 161
RE: COD4 - 2/12/2007 10:42:31 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Well I sort of used this tactic, what I did was I put down a load of Claymores near where they all start coming from, then I run and hide near those buildings in a bush, they'll all run past you, but then at about 4200m the game cheats and a grenade just spawns next to you (there's no enemies around, they're all dead at this moment so it has to have just spawned) then I leg it round to the back of the bumper cars, go right up against them and lie down in the grass. The two helicopters will then arrive and a load more enemies will appear, but they'll have no idea where you are, so you don't even come close to getting hurt. The only difficult part is picking up the Cpt and getting to the chopper, because a load of enemies congregate behind the ferris wheel and on the other side of the bumper cars while your helicopter lands. So I found it best to wait until it says you have 30 seconds, by then some are dead and others are preoccupied with your squad mates who jumped off the helicopter. You will just need to throw two grenades and run and gun with your AK47 out (you should have picked one up off an enemy during the level). Pick up the Cpt and run for the helicopter.

I'm finding the next level much tougher, I need to get all the way back through the village and down the hill from the farm to get to the Extraction Point, but there's just thousands of enemies.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 162
RE: COD4 - 2/12/2007 2:12:53 PM   
Mojo

Yeah Heat is absolutely solid, it took me ages on Veteran. You've just gotta push and keep using airstrikes otherwise they just keep on coming. Finished the last level on veteran now but this plane level is too hard. 60 seconds is just stupid.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 163
RE: COD4 - 2/12/2007 6:00:23 PM   
Dark Knight

Myself and Spectre have just spent the afternoon owning most of the games that we have been into. Quite possibly, imo, the greatest multiplayer game ever!

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 164
RE: COD4 - 2/12/2007 6:40:47 PM   
You Talking To Me

Finally completed the plane level on vet took me the best part of 3 nights to get it done.

Found a good video on youtube if anyone wants a bit of help for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbYXV0UivpM&feature=related

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 165
RE: COD4 - 2/12/2007 6:53:25 PM   
Taffy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

So I've gotta go all through Blackout and then start Charlie? That's gay.

The achievments I have left are the intel ones which I can't be bothered for, One Shot on Veteran, complete game on Veteran (which will come with One Shot obv), freefall on veteran and the TVs.

There are TV's showing the speech on earlier levels but you only have to destroy the TV's on "Charlie Don't Surf" to get the achievement, there are 44 I think so to keep track.

Post #: 166
RE: COD4 - 2/12/2007 7:01:01 PM   
Mojo

Thats not how it was for me, I had to destroy them on the level before as well.

(in reply to Taffy)
Post #: 167
RE: COD4 - 2/12/2007 7:47:51 PM   
Taffy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

Thats not how it was for me, I had to destroy them on the level before as well.

Weird that, tricky achievement anyway searching for them elusive little tv's in the corner of rooms nevermind having to do the ones on the previous level!

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 168
RE: COD4 - 4/12/2007 7:00:27 PM   
Castor Troy

I'm now a veteran of the mile high club. Thanks to those YouTube videos mainly.

Just the gay ferris wheel bit and the game is complete.

(in reply to Taffy)
Post #: 169
RE: COD4 - 4/12/2007 7:01:37 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

I'm now a veteran of the mile high club. Thanks to those YouTube videos mainly.

Just the gay ferris wheel bit and the game is complete.

It's the opposite for me, I'm a member of the COD4 Veteran's club, I'm just not a Veteran of the COD4 Mile High Club.

Post #: 170
RE: COD4 - 4/12/2007 7:04:17 PM   
danbo1138

call of duty 5 has been confirmed as being in development.which is nice

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

Post #: 171
RE: COD4 - 4/12/2007 7:10:58 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I think I agree with what Kataku said when the news was broken yesterday, when was another sequel ever in doubt? 

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 172
RE: COD4 - 5/12/2007 3:45:16 PM   
danbo1138

i just hope its the same team who developed it and they keep the sas involvement.makes a change to have the brits showing folk how its done

Post #: 173
RE: COD4 - 8/12/2007 12:33:47 AM   
Chojin

quote:

Completed this on hardened today. Great fun

i'd say far from! i couldn't stand the infinite enemy encounters. i got up to safe house and then i switched to recruit.

i was only playing it on that difficulty for the 90GS, but i realised i wasn't have fun at all dieing all the time.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 174
RE: COD4 - 8/12/2007 10:56:48 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

quote:

Completed this on hardened today. Great fun

i'd say far from! i couldn't stand the infinite enemy encounters. i got up to safe house and then i switched to recruit.

i was only playing it on that difficulty for the 90GS, but i realised i wasn't have fun at all dieing all the time.

As this was my first COD game I was getting riddled with bullets on the first few levels. But gradually I got a lot better. I just think it is better to jump in the deep end. Playing through on Vet now and as I have improved I have died much less still.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 175
RE: COD4 - 8/12/2007 12:10:13 PM   
Chojin

i dont mind a bit of a challenge, but putting you in situations with infinite enemies is unfair. i hated in some instances the only way to progress was to 'do a john rambo' and fight about 20 guys by yourself.

there was one point that took me a good hour on hardened - and at the end of the segment i was in a small room with a pistol hunched against the wall. the feeling of accomplishment was great - but i thought it was stupid on what should have been an easy part if it wasnt for infinite enemies.

edit: also my first COD. i might go back to hardened then vet, but ill go through on recruit first to just complete the sod.

< Message edited by Chojin -- 8/12/2007 12:11:00 PM >

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 176
RE: COD4 - 8/12/2007 12:23:55 PM   
danbo1138

it is hard,i've played em before and on hardend its a bitch.love it though and online is just fantastic

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 177
RE: COD4 - 9/12/2007 10:28:56 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

There's rumours going round that Treyarch (the people who made the underwhelming COD3) will be making COD5 while Infinity War work on COD6. Not only that but the rumour is COD5 will be set back in WW2 all over again. If the former is true I won't be getting COD5 that's for sure.

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 178
RE: COD4 - 9/12/2007 12:13:27 PM   
danbo1138

say it aint so....i played the first level of cod3 and turned it off and went back to rainbow 6 vegas.cod4 is a diff kettle of fish,miles better.looks like i will have to wait then.as long as the true sequel to cod4 gets made then fair enough but untill then i will make do with whatever(rainbow6/black2?/metal gear/pacman)but i do know i won't be walking round france getting shot...again ...unless they use the same game engine and stick to the formula then i'm out.

< Message edited by danbo1138 -- 9/12/2007 12:15:54 PM >

Post #: 179
RE: COD4 - 10/12/2007 2:51:23 PM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

There's rumours going round that Treyarch (the people who made the underwhelming COD3) will be making COD5 while Infinity War work on COD6. Not only that but the rumour is COD5 will be set back in WW2 all over again. If the former is true I won't be getting COD5 that's for sure.

No...NO! COD3 was the nail in the coffin for WWII shooters that frankly should have stopped about 4 years ago. COD5 must have the SAS in and be in present day (maybe in the near future, but not by much....)

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: COD4 Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI