Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: COD4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: COD4 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: COD4 - 20/11/2007 9:47:41 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

all ghillied up and one shot one kill are 2 amazing levels, heat is a right bitch though and on veteran its damn near impossible

Playing this on the PC.

Love All Ghillied Up, lost Miller a couple of times due to the cammo!!

Now stuck on Heat, was playing til 2am this morning still not past it.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 121
RE: COD4 - 20/11/2007 11:41:59 PM   
the anomaly

When's the next COD4 night then? I rushed to buy it cause of you lot.
PM me or somthing please, add me too I am "Digital Primus". This is probaly the only one of my games I am half decent at online.
The last level title I can remeber I have done was "Death from above". I am playing it through on Hardened at the moment. Pretty shell shocked to be honest! It's my first COD game too so its all new to me.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 122
RE: COD4 - 21/11/2007 1:09:57 AM   
indysgill

Yay! Got past Heat. 

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 123
RE: COD4 - 21/11/2007 9:43:43 AM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

When's the next COD4 night then? I rushed to buy it cause of you lot.
PM me or somthing please, add me too I am "Digital Primus". This is probaly the only one of my games I am half decent at online.
The last level title I can remeber I have done was "Death from above". I am playing it through on Hardened at the moment. Pretty shell shocked to be honest! It's my first COD game too so its all new to me.

Ill be on from 9ish tonight and probably be on 'til midnight, add me as Cambo1979.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 124
RE: COD4 - 21/11/2007 2:19:07 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Just completed this on normal, what a top class game. Not as good as Bioshock for me but it pisses all over Halo 3 from a very great height.

A bit gutted though as I thought I'd started the game on Hardened. I found some of the sections very hard going as it was, so doing them again on Veteran is going to be testing methinks (although probably no more than COD2 was).

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 125
RE: COD4 - 21/11/2007 8:34:50 PM   
patriot37

i am having problems getting online when i press find a game it downloads game setting and then tells me i must be signed in to play online. everytime this happens i am signed in  been on a few other websites same is happening to other people.
is this happening to anyone else by the way its for ps3

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 126
RE: COD4 - 22/11/2007 10:05:23 AM   
Chief Wiggum

try updating your system settings, the latest update takes it to 2.01, check if you've got that.

if it isn't that I'm all out of ideas

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to patriot37)
Post #: 127
RE: COD4 - 22/11/2007 3:44:58 PM   
King_Bard

The airplane level is ricdoulsly hard on veteren....It took me ages to do it...anyone else find it really hard?...

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 128
RE: COD4 - 22/11/2007 4:09:28 PM   
BigKovacs

Im trying it on veteran at the moment and its impossible, its not neccesarilly the AI but the stupid 60 time limit!

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to King_Bard)
Post #: 129
RE: COD4 - 22/11/2007 4:34:52 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: King_Bard

The airplane level is ricdoulsly hard on veteren....It took me ages to do it...anyone else find it really hard?...

Big respect to you sir, I've tried (relentlessly) and failed miserably.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to King_Bard)
Post #: 130
RE: COD4 - 22/11/2007 6:06:44 PM   
target

I'm having real trouble on the last mission on veteran, dont even want to think of that plane one yet.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 131
RE: COD4 - 22/11/2007 11:19:42 PM   
indysgill

Just completed it about 5 mins ago, Captain Price NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!, wanted to play again right away.
Still have tons of intel to find and difficulty levels to conquer!

That plane level is great.

One question, i missed the credits, is it Craig Fairbrass doing the voice of Gaz? I was half expecting him to say 'I fakkin love soccer!'

(in reply to target)
Post #: 132
RE: COD4 - 22/11/2007 11:35:31 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

Just completed it about 5 mins ago, Captain Price NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!, wanted to play again right away.
Still have tons of intel to find and difficulty levels to conquer!

That plane level is great.

One question, i missed the credits, is it Craig Fairbrass doing the voice of Gaz? I was half expecting him to say 'I fakkin love soccer!'

I'm guessing that's a nice big spoiler you just posted, cheers.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 22/11/2007 11:59:07 PM >

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 133
RE: COD4 - 22/11/2007 11:40:17 PM   
indysgill

Sorry.

I thought you and lot of others had finished it.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 134
RE: COD4 - 22/11/2007 11:56:46 PM   
Jules

quote:

Sorry.

Er - no. I have only done a couple of levels as I have been busy with Lego Star Wars. Thanks for the spoiler.

Never underestimate the power of denial

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 135
RE: COD4 - 23/11/2007 5:49:01 AM   
danbo1138

quote:

yup it is craig,i thought it was the guy who played DINGER in the sean bean BRAVO TWO ZERO tv movie from a few years ago,seemed to use some of the same lines''fakkin outrageous''
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sUUma_TEqH4&feature=related

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 136
RE: COD4 - 23/11/2007 9:11:42 AM   
indysgill

Cheers.

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 137
RE: COD4 - 23/11/2007 8:56:48 PM   
You Talking To Me

Loving this game at the moment probably my game of the year so far. Single players great, the all ghillied up level is the best level ive played on a game in ages. And the multiplayer great as well, had alot of 16 or 18 men games lag free as well.

Anyone actually done this plane level on veteran ? Been on it for about 2 hours now and only got close once but shot the hostage .

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 138
RE: COD4 - 23/11/2007 10:41:47 PM   
danbo1138

any of u guys up for a game anytime?

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to You Talking To Me)
Post #: 139
RE: COD4 - 25/11/2007 1:46:24 PM   
RockyWilcox

quote:

Sorry.

Even the ones who are getting it for Christmas?

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 140
RE: COD4 - 26/11/2007 8:32:58 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy

quote:

Which is the aeroplane level? If it's the one Spek tells me it is, I did it first go on veteran without struggling

I've not bothered playing it through on hardened or lower, just went straight for veteran, I'm up the the level 15 years in the past where your a sniper, 'All Ghillied Up' is it? There have been some really bastard tough sections because of CODs tendancy to cheat with it's constant respawning

Not too far now, and I think this might possibly be harder than COD2 on veteran, although I do remember getting stuck for a very very very long time at the top of Hill 400 on that game.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 141
RE: COD4 - 26/11/2007 9:19:23 PM   
Hooch0959

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

Which is the aeroplane level? If it's the one Spek tells me it is, I did it first go on veteran without struggling

I've not bothered playing it through on hardened or lower, just went straight for veteran, I'm up the the level 15 years in the past where your a sniper, 'All Ghillied Up' is it? There have been some really bastard tough sections because of CODs tendancy to cheat with it's constant respawning

Not too far now, and I think this might possibly be harder than COD2 on veteran, although I do remember getting stuck for a very very very long time at the top of Hill 400 on that game.

To quote Luke Skywalker. "No thats not true, thats impossible"

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

Post #: 142
RE: COD4 - 27/11/2007 12:22:00 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

This game is going to last me a long, long time. I'm having too much fun online to get too far on the single player campaign. It's absolutely fantastic and I'd go as far to say as it's the best game I've ever played online. When I finally get round to cracking on with the campaign it'll make a nice change, I love this game!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 143
RE: COD4 - 27/11/2007 9:16:48 AM   
Castor Troy

Are we gonna have an Empire night at some point? It hasn't happened properly yet (or maybe it has but without me).

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 144
RE: COD4 - 27/11/2007 11:03:33 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hooch0959

quote:

quote:

quote:

To quote Luke Skywalker. "No thats not true, thats impossible"

To quote Darth Vader "Search your feelings Luke! You know it's true"!

I am on the last half of all Ghilled up. Great level the cammo is brilliant.

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 145
RE: COD4 - 27/11/2007 6:25:07 PM   
target

quote:

quote:

quote:

The aeroplane plane level is unlocked when you finish the game, if you did it first time, fair play to you. It's the only part i need to do for the full 1000.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

Post #: 146
RE: COD4 - 27/11/2007 9:56:55 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

quote:

quote:

quote:

The aeroplane plane level is unlocked when you finish the game, if you did it first time, fair play to you. It's the only part i need to do for the full 1000.

Nope, haven't done that then, Spek got his level confused.

I'm working my way through the game on veteran, haven't bothered with any other difficulty, and I'm not quite that far, currently at the Ferris Wheel waiting for the chopper to arrive.

(in reply to target)
Post #: 147
RE: COD4 - 27/11/2007 10:00:48 PM   
GhostWriter

All Ghilled Up and One Shot, One Kill are two of the best FPS levels I've played in years, certainly the most absorbing. I really felt a sense of danger following Cpt Macmillan through to the hotel. Fantastic.

If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant.

Post #: 148
RE: COD4 - 27/11/2007 10:19:38 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm working my way through the game on veteran, haven't bothered with any other difficulty, and I'm not quite that far, currently at the Ferris Wheel waiting for the chopper to arrive.

Playing through for the second time on Veteran I gave up on that bit and skipped to the next level. It's ridiculous. If anyone has any good points to stay/hide/snipe from let me know. I get quite far going prone behind the sand bank but I still end up getting raped.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

Post #: 149
RE: COD4 - 27/11/2007 10:28:50 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Playing through for the second time on Veteran I gave up on that bit and skipped to the next level. It's ridiculous. If anyone has any good points to stay/hide/snipe from let me know. I get quite far going prone behind the sand bank but I still end up getting raped.

I've heard a good tactic, but have been unable to try it out myself as the checkpoint I am at is too late, but apparantly save all your claymores until the end until he says set them up, then put them all on and around the bumper cars and hide behind there, all you have to do then is pick off the odd guy with your sniper rifle and return/run away from grenades.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: COD4 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI