Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: COD4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: COD4 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: COD4 - 9/11/2007 3:35:17 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gizmo 76

No fancy poster I know, but who is up for some COD4 tonight, 9pm onwards like usual??

I know Me, Nath, Rocky, will be around....

Anymore takers?

I'm in, maybe not as early as 9 but definetly be on at somepoint tonight, it's time to reopen a can of whoopass on you

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 61
RE: COD4 - 9/11/2007 3:51:05 PM   
RockyWilcox

quote:

ORIGINAL: jesseLujack

Girlfriend depending I will be on at some point tonight.

Whether you get one or not?

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

(in reply to jesseLujack)
Post #: 62
RE: COD4 - 9/11/2007 4:37:42 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

So the training bit at the start, has anyone managed to get anywhere close to Infinity Wards best time of 15.1 seconds? I've tried multiple times and the best I can do is 22.15 seconds, it recommended I play it through on hardened, but almost everyone I've spoken to has said it's easy and that I should just jump straight in with Veteran.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 9/11/2007 6:15:37 PM >

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to RockyWilcox)
Post #: 63
RE: COD4 - 9/11/2007 5:56:50 PM   
paulyboy

I managed nineteen something seconds (got a lovely achievement for it as well!) and that was a jammy as shit legging it as fast as you can run through. Fifteen seconds is crazy talk!

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 64
RE: COD4 - 9/11/2007 7:36:27 PM   
Mojo

I haven't tried to beat 20 seconds yet, been too busy having fun no Multiplayer. I could be around tonight, depending on what my housemates are doing. Had a good session this afternoon switching between Campaign and Multi and I have to say I think its fucking brilliant. Some of the most fun I've had on LIVE I think and the ranking system is far better than Halo 3's. The atmosphere in single player is sweet too, I was literally on the edge of my seat during that first mission, and the one where you have to rescue a downed pilot is pretty intense too.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 65
RE: COD4 - 9/11/2007 8:17:54 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I didn't like the first mission, and it seems like I'm the only one who didn't. The walkways in the ship were far too narrow that my AI team mates would either get in the way and prevent me from actually taking part in any of the open fire, or they'd walk into me and push me out of my nice little vantage point and into the open so I'd get shot to death. Not played too much of the next  mission but it seems much better as it's much more open and I'm actually getting more involved in the shooting.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 66
RE: COD4 - 9/11/2007 8:38:11 PM   
Hooch0959

Just bagged this from Blockbusters, I'm on me decks till about 9:30 and then I'll be about lads

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

Post #: 67
RE: COD4 - 9/11/2007 8:53:21 PM   
Castor Troy

I might be aroud tonight if 'she' falls asleep. I might have to punch her in the face to speed the process up.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 68
RE: COD4 - 9/11/2007 9:04:14 PM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

I didn't like the first mission, and it seems like I'm the only one who didn't. The walkways in the ship were far too narrow that my AI team mates would either get in the way and prevent me from actually taking part in any of the open fire, or they'd walk into me and push me out of my nice little vantage point and into the open so I'd get shot to death. Not played too much of the next  mission but it seems much better as it's much more open and I'm actually getting more involved in the shooting.

Played the first mission a few weeks ago and I felt exactly the same. It seemed more like an interactive cut scene. I didn't really feel I was taking much part in the proceedings. The AI team mates would just run off and shoot all the boat people before I even knew where they were. It did look nice I suppose.

Post #: 69
RE: COD4 - 9/11/2007 9:31:01 PM   
danbo1138

love this game,miles better than halo3,i think i might have to sign up to xbox live after all this time.does anyone know if your broadband speed matters?i live in the arse end of nowhere so its kina slow

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 70
RE: COD4 - 10/11/2007 12:16:56 AM   
Jules

Bloody hell. I'm normally not too bad at First Person Shooters but that was just embarressing. After getting torn to pieces for an hour and a half I decided to go back to the comfort blanket that is Team Fortress 2.

Mmmmm. Sticky bonbs and gun turrets. I feel safe again now.

Never underestimate the power of denial

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 71
RE: COD4 - 10/11/2007 1:37:34 AM   
bub

Up to level 22 already. I would keep playing but my eyes have started to bleed.

(in reply to Jules)
Post #: 72
RE: COD4 - 10/11/2007 2:35:30 AM   
Mojo

Tonight was fun whilst I actually had a good ping, dont know what was going on. Gimpy housemates probably downloading some gimp shit.

Just finished the Campaign, as has been stated it is pretty short. The final moments are pretty cool, one part reminding me of a great bit in Mission Impossible 3 strangely enough. One of the highlights of the game is during the "flashback" mission where its just you and another British Sniper trying to avoid detection, then having to hold your ground for five minutes against about a hundred Ruskies.

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 73
RE: COD4 - 10/11/2007 10:30:38 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: RockyWilcox

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Just got an email from shop to should be with me tomorrow...

When did you order?

I've given up with them. Seen on other forums people pre-ordering with Shopto and them not even shipped them out yet.

Where did it all go wrong?

The "opening level" is just immense. Classic Call Of Duty really.

Going off his other thread I'm guessing it was either earlier today or yesterday, so I don't think he's been hard done by this time.

I went to buy my copy today and found out it was released yesterday, slightly annoyed by that but I was busy playing Orange Box and Mario Galaxy anyway.

I ordered late on Thursday night and I got it this Saturday morning. My girlfriend made an order from them too and it came on time also. Maybe they make sure they are extra quick with first time buyers?
I hope to be on this in the week so I can finnaly join in on a game night. Probaly not on tonight though.

Post #: 74
RE: COD4 - 10/11/2007 3:28:52 PM   
Mojo

I'm having trouble in the TV Studio on Veteran, that massive room is absolutely solid. Grenades flying everywhere and RPGs coming from the above, its a son of a biatch!

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 75
RE: COD4 - 10/11/2007 4:31:04 PM   
RockyWilcox

Game of the year so far for me. Can't remember the last time I enjoyed playing a game as much as this.

As for the first level, I agree with HIM, it was quite like an interactive cut scene but I just think it was to ease you in. I love the AI team mates in this game.

********SPOILER********
When you're the SAS and the helicopter takes out a whole building and one of the terrorists comes staggering up the road, there's just something unbelievably real when you fire a few shots into him and follow your squad.

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 76
RE: COD4 - 10/11/2007 4:33:41 PM   
RockyWilcox

Also the walkie talkie comm is scarily real. No more so in Death From Above, a beautiful looking level.

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

Post #: 77
RE: COD4 - 10/11/2007 4:51:01 PM   
Spektre

Good to see so many people from Empire in the same lobby.

Last night was great fun.

< Message edited by Spektre -- 10/11/2007 4:52:52 PM >

Post #: 78
RE: COD4 - 10/11/2007 6:44:21 PM   
Clarence Worley

Yeh it was good fun last night, what a great online game .... Intense!!!

The campaign is awesome aswell,

SPOILER

Love the rescuing the pilot bit, reminded me of black hawk down! Superb

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that.

That's what they're saying about me now? That I'm paranoid?

(in reply to Spektre)
Post #: 79
RE: COD4 - 10/11/2007 9:16:47 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Sorry about that guys, the 360 froze up, then I restarted and I couldn't connect to LIVE, finally got it signed in again and I saw one or two of you signing in and out, I'm guessing LIVE's having some problems. Which would be the cause of my 360 crashing, it always seems to crash when it unexpectedly loses connection to LIVE.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 80
RE: COD4 - 10/11/2007 9:21:15 PM   
borstal

It seems a bit glitchy at the moment so Ive sacked it off for the night.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 81
RE: COD4 - 10/11/2007 9:42:27 PM   
Mojo

Thought my 360 was fucked then, glad to know its not but still gutted. The one night I have the house to myself and I can't kill you lot.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 82
RE: COD4 - 10/11/2007 9:57:27 PM   
Jules

I've called it a night as well. Weird stuff going on there - lost connection with everyone, then lost connection to live. When I got back my recent players list was empty. Tried joining a game with N47H and couldn't. Tried setting one up but couldn't.

Thought it might have just been COD4 but we moved onto Team Fortress and had problems. In the end I thought I would just go back to Lego Star Wars but even that was messed up - ironically I kept getting a message telling me that as I was connected to live I could play co-op with someone - but then I couldn't play the single played game because the damn message kept popping up every few seconds.

For the record xbox.com is down too..Oh well.

Never underestimate the power of denial

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 83
RE: COD4 - 11/11/2007 1:23:12 AM   
Castor Troy

Yeah that was annoying. After a while me and Mojo managed to play for ages though so the problems sorted themselves out. I'll be around tomorrow evening/night for another try.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Jules)
Post #: 84
RE: COD4 - 11/11/2007 1:54:24 AM   
Mojo

That was a good session, myself and Castor were capturing objectives like there was literally no tomorrow. I'm really loving this game at the moment, can't get enough of the multiplayer. Could be the most fun I've had on LIVE, but then again I missed out on the whole GRAW thing.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 85
RE: COD4 - 11/11/2007 1:58:33 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

That was a good session, myself and Castor were capturing objectives like there was literally no tomorrow. I'm really loving this game at the moment, can't get enough of the multiplayer. Could be the most fun I've had on LIVE, but then again I missed out on the whole GRAW thing.

GRAW 2 will be back with the new maps later this month I'm sure. If you have it maybe you could join in, maybe....

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 86
RE: COD4 - 11/11/2007 11:35:20 AM   
Mojo

I don't have it sadly, although I'm sure if I go without eating for a week I'll be able to pick it up cheap. You're so kind though Nath, allowing me to be graced by your presence in the gaming world. 

Post #: 87
RE: COD4 - 11/11/2007 12:09:34 PM   
borstal

Was going through on hardened but found it a touch too easy so restarted on veteran. After loving not being able to skip the intro credit sequence (!) I am stuck in the TV studio.

Thats whats CoDs always been about though, being trapped in intense firefights and thinking its impossible to do, yet you always end up doing it.

Hopefully Live wont glitch when Im on again. Only one game so far and Empire boys got a hell of a beating...thankfully we had Sir Killalot Jules on our team...

Best bit was watching Spec get pissed off with their helicopter and nail its ass.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 88
RE: COD4 - 11/11/2007 12:55:19 PM   
Mojo

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Was going through on hardened but found it a touch too easy so restarted on veteran. After loving not being able to skip the intro credit sequence (!) I am stuck in the TV studio.

Yeah not being able to skip the second time was annoying, I just went off for a wank. The TV Studio is solid on Veteran, I finally got through it just now... now I'm stuck at the War Pig.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 89
RE: COD4 - 11/11/2007 2:08:01 PM   
UTB

Am loving the game, my only gripe is when trying to hide one of my team members constantly comes and hides right in front of me, meaning I can't f-ing shoot anything. 

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: COD4 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI