Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Sky HD

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> RE: Sky HD Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Sky HD - 18/10/2012 1:37:28 PM   
Hobbitonlass

I don't

If I did, I'd be a lot more forceful  

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 151
RE: Sky HD - 18/10/2012 1:42:22 PM   
jcthefirst

Is the HD package still an extra tenner a month?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 152
RE: Sky HD - 18/10/2012 1:44:53 PM   
Hobbitonlass

£10.25

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 153
RE: Sky HD - 18/10/2012 1:47:11 PM   
jcthefirst

Bugger. My mate has got two offers on free HD for 6 months in the last two years. My in laws got 3 months free as well.

Me, nothing.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

Post #: 154
RE: Sky HD - 18/10/2012 1:58:37 PM   
Hobbitonlass

That's the price that is listed (I don't know about offers at the moment as I'm not in a contact centre).

Guessing that your mate and in-laws have phoned and got the free offers because they have taken something else or it's been part of a package they had? 

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 155
RE: Sky HD - 18/10/2012 2:29:02 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I got a decent deal when I called them up and asked to switch Movies off and Sports back on (I had no intention of going through with this, I just wanted to see what my options were). I think I'm paying half price for both Movies and Sports for 6 months plus I got ESPN for free for 3 months.

I also got free broadband for 3 months for swapping over. That was a bit of a risk because I've had no cause for complaint with BT, in fact I used to get much better download speeds than pretty much anyone I know (living opposite the exchange helps in this case I'd imagine). So far I've no complaints with Sky broadband either, the download speeds I get are at least comparable to BT.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 156
RE: Sky HD - 18/10/2012 5:21:28 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Funnily enough, today on our intranet it says the following

quote:

The remaining Sky+HD boxes models†(DRX780, Samsung and Pace) are soon going to receive the new Sky Guide by the end of November starting from today.

Fingers crossed you get it sooner rather than later

Actually, just checking the calendar, it looks like the Samsung might be done next week.

Edit: Oh, and they don't do a 1TB box anymore, it's 2TB now

About bloody time

2tb? even better!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 157
RE: Sky HD - 18/10/2012 8:31:10 PM   
doubtlesswonder

Any ideas how much they'll be charging for this 2TB box? Would be nice if they'd do an offer for us existing customers!

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 158
RE: Sky HD - 19/10/2012 9:45:56 AM   
Hobbitonlass

If you don't have the HD package and you upgrade then you get the box for £49 which is a bit of a bargain!  If not, I think that you can upgrade your box for £149 (the standard price for this box is £249).  Not sure if they wouldn't do you another offer if you asked though    

I paid £149 for my 1TB box and think it is worth it.

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 159
RE: Sky HD - 19/10/2012 3:30:47 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

T^o be fair that's a bit of a shitty offer. I've had the HD pack for years now but someone that hasn't bothered with it before now can pick the box up £100 cheaper. Sky are a bit shitty when it comes to rewarding existing customers. I rang up today to cancel my movies package as I hardly use it (between Lovefilm and other places you can aquire films I'm sorted) but got convinced to keep it on Sky reps are sneaky convincing bastards! £6 a month reduction in my bill so I effectively only pay £2 a month for the movie channels for the next year. I can't decide if I saved £72 or Sky swindled me for £24.....

Post #: 160
RE: Sky HD - 19/10/2012 8:31:27 PM   
doubtlesswonder

Yeah, I'm sure it is worth it when it comes down to your shows starting again all at once but I just can't justify £149 for a Sky Box. I already have the HD pack so that option's out. Charming

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

Post #: 161
RE: Sky HD - 12/11/2012 11:56:48 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

My Sky Hd Box is taking a battering, 13% free as of this morning!

Post #: 162
RE: Sky HD - 12/11/2012 1:25:07 PM   
elab49

My lowest with the bigger box is 37% - that was when I got back from holiday. I didn't really have a feel for how much space the stuff I'd programmed would take up so that was a relief.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 163
RE: Sky HD - 13/11/2012 9:54:14 AM   
Chief

I get panicky when it gets to about 40% then delete all the wife's programmes.

Post #: 164
RE: Sky HD - 13/11/2012 9:59:11 AM   
Hobbitonlass

There's me thinking I had a lot recorded when it was showing 65% free (it is a 1TB box though)

What's worrying is that I have no idea when I'm going to be able to watch it all as I'm pretty much doing something every weekend (Sat and Sun) now up until Christmas!!

What I desperately need to happen is for them to sort it so that I can download and watch content from my planner on to my iPad, then I can catch up whilst commuting I can already see and manage the planner on the iPad, it's just that extra step!

< Message edited by Hobbitonlass -- 13/11/2012 10:01:16 AM >

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 165
RE: Sky HD - 14/11/2012 9:47:43 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I got the new guide thingy this morning! So what app do you need on the ipad?

The new guide is strange, if I want to get the to Kids channels (or any other genre) I have to press an extra button. That might sound petty but if you add all those extras up over the year my thumb will be a lot shorter than it should be....

Post #: 166
RE: Sky HD - 14/11/2012 10:06:16 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Sky+ app.

I'm sure your thumbs are extra hard becuase of all the gaming!

Post #: 167
RE: Sky HD - 14/11/2012 10:38:28 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I thought it was the Sky+ app but had a look this morning and all I could see was the usual TV guide. I couldn't see any option for Planner/Pausing etc. Please tell me where I'm going wrong Hobbs!

Post #: 168
RE: Sky HD - 14/11/2012 10:52:34 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Hmm, have you had an update for the app at all?

When you go into the app do you have the little drop down option underneath the word Sky?

Post #: 169
RE: Sky HD - 14/11/2012 10:58:30 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I updated it this morning. I'm at work currently but I'll have a look when I get home. I vaguely remember seeing a little arrow under the word Sky but I couldn't manage to find a menu. It's probably because my thumb is already 0.000000001344589748mm shorter....

Post #: 170
RE: Sky HD - 14/11/2012 11:05:46 AM   
Hobbitonlass

If you just tap on that area you should get a menu and within that will be Planner

The Sky+ app was updated yesterday to work on iPhones as well so you can control your TV and look at the planner from your phone (only when on your network though)

Post #: 171
RE: Sky HD - 26/11/2012 3:41:30 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

I got the new guide thingy this morning! So what app do you need on the ipad?

The new guide is strange, if I want to get the to Kids channels (or any other genre) I have to press an extra button. That might sound petty but if you add all those extras up over the year my thumb will be a lot shorter than it should be....

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!!!!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

What does everyone think of the new EPG?

I think it looks nice and refreshing, not used any new features yet and not sure if they'll be much use.

The only thing I don't like is the extra screen after selecting a genre (eg. Kids). It's only an extra button press to get to the listings but sometimes my fingers are on autopilot when finding cartoons for the little lass in the morning. I'm sure I'll adapt and survive.

Post #: 172
RE: Sky HD - 28/12/2012 8:02:41 PM   
doubtlesswonder

Has anyone else's Sky been really screwy since the update to the guide? Mine's started recording things for much longer than it needs to. For example, I have just been informed I have no space on my hard drive (I had 43% free yesterday) and when I looked through the programmes I have recorded, I noticed that the duration for one of the episodes of Blue Bloods I have is listed as 20 hours. So my Sky box kept on recording that for twenty hours straight and in doing so missed three other programmes that apparently clashed at some point.

quote:

homersimpson_esq

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 173
RE: Sky HD - 29/8/2013 7:28:21 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

T^o be fair that's a bit of a shitty offer. I've had the HD pack for years now but someone that hasn't bothered with it before now can pick the box up £100 cheaper. Sky are a bit shitty when it comes to rewarding existing customers. I rang up today to cancel my movies package as I hardly use it (between Lovefilm and other places you can aquire films I'm sorted) but got convinced to keep it on Sky reps are sneaky convincing bastards! £6 a month reduction in my bill so I effectively only pay £2 a month for the movie channels for the next year. I can't decide if I saved £72 or Sky swindled me for £24.....

So. A year later an existing customers are still being asked to pay £150 to upgrade to the 2tb box. Sort it out Hobbs!

Post #: 174
RE: Sky HD - 29/8/2013 7:35:19 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

quote:

So. A year later an existing customers are still being asked to pay £150 to upgrade to the 2tb box. Sort it out Hobbs!

Hey, if I could get you discount I would but even we don't get discount on the new boxes! I had to pay full whack for my 1Tb box

Post #: 175
RE: Sky HD - 29/8/2013 9:37:19 PM   
doubtlesswonder

I don't know if you know about this, but I have an old Sky+ box from when I had multiroom and it's still connected to the dish. Can I disconnect it myself or do I have to get someone out to do it?

quote:

homersimpson_esq

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

Post #: 176
RE: Sky HD - 30/8/2013 6:55:21 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Do you just want to get rid of the box or remove the cabling altogether from the room out to the dish?

Post #: 177
RE: Sky HD - 30/8/2013 4:02:10 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Do you just want to get rid of the box or remove the cabling altogether from the room out to the dish?

I want to remove the cable altogether. We used to have multiroom until my brother moved out so now the wire and the box are both useless and we want to redecorate.

quote:

homersimpson_esq

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

Post #: 178
RE: Sky HD - 30/8/2013 4:30:37 PM   
elab49

You can undo the cable wire from a box yourself without a problem - one of the many things we were told to do with a buggered box a year or so back. And you could probably drag the cable out of the wall to the outside. I think you'd need them to disconnect from the dish itself though?Unless it's low and it looks easy!

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 179
RE: Sky HD - 30/8/2013 6:17:35 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

You can undo the cable wire from a box yourself without a problem - one of the many things we were told to do with a buggered box a year or so back. And you could probably drag the cable out of the wall to the outside. I think you'd need them to disconnect from the dish itself though?Unless it's low and it looks easy!

Ok, thanks! My brother said the cable will unscrew from the dish so I'm going to get him to look at it.

quote:

homersimpson_esq

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> RE: Sky HD Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI