Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Dollhouse US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Dollhouse US Speed Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dollhouse US Speed - 1/11/2007 9:30:57 AM   
Dave B

Finally the genius of TV is back with a new show called The Dollhouse. Fox has already commited to 7 episodes and Tim Minear is producing. Hang on a minute, that's not so good, probably be cancelled now.

Here's the article with interviews with Whedon and Dushku.

Cannot wait for this.

< Message edited by Dave B -- 15/2/2009 12:47:21 PM >

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?
Post #: 1
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 9:47:57 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Well that sounds bloody marvellous. I always enjoyed Dushku's role in Buffy, so this should be excellent. Let's give it more than 14 episodes tho, eh Fox?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 2
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 9:53:45 AM   
theram05

Love Eliza, like Whedon, but eh....not so sure about the concept here.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 3
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 10:12:12 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Sounds like a cross between The Island (good concept, nicely shot, poorly executed) and the near-future segment of David Mitchell's novel Cloud Atlas. I think the fact that it is a very different concept is great - and with Whedon's skills, it could be great. 

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 4
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 10:13:50 AM   
theram05

Yea I thought of The Island straight off the bat.

Not sure about this to be honest but I'll hold off til I see a Pilot or hear more.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Post #: 5
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 11:29:16 AM   
Captain Black

quote:

Let's give it more than 14 episodes tho, eh Fox?

Kevin Reilly's the man heading programming at the moment, and he's commissioned about the best set of new shows over the past few years (when he was working at NBC) and did a fairly admirable job of hanging onto those that deserved it, even when short on ratings.

Sounds fairly promising at this stage anyway, I'll certainly give it a watch.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 6
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 11:57:45 AM   
theoriginalcynic

This is genuinley great news - lets just hope Fox show the damn show in the right order this time.  Joss was really pissed off with television before because of the lack of control and he went to make movies.  Now he seems to have found out that the grass isn't greener and he's returning to television! Woo... this and the Buffy comics...awesome

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 7
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 12:27:42 PM   
Jim

Great news, but I thought Joss Whedon vowed never to work with Fox again after Firefly? Or did I get that wrong?

I'll definitely be watching though.

"Oh shit, swamp leeches! Everybody! Check for swamp leeches and pull them off! ...nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?"

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 8
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 1:08:33 PM   
elab49

Doesn't it sound more like a combination of various Keanu Reeves/Cyberpunk projects?

Irrespective - it's Whedon!

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 9
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 1:24:25 PM   
buffy

This is brilliant news! I just hope the show lasts!

In every generation there is a chosen one

Member of COBW

Last 5 movies

Airplane 4/5
Hot Fuzz 4/5
Casanova 3/5
Pirates of The Carribean: At Worlds End 3/5
Alpha Dog 4/5

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 1:52:54 PM   
discodave101

Truly terrific news.

Lets just hope the strike doesn't happen.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to buffy)
Post #: 11
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 2:04:08 PM   
Angelus

Looks good to me. Maybe not 100% convinced about the concept, but I'd watch anything by Whedon.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts!"

(in reply to buffy)
Post #: 12
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 2:29:43 PM   
Underscore

The concept does sound a bit hokey, I must say, but then again Buffy could have been very cliched on paper, and it wasn't. It was great. So good news all around, and fingers crossed that this carries on past 7 episodes.

< Message edited by Underscore -- 1/11/2007 2:30:04 PM >

'Josh: Couldn't you just drop me off the Washington Monument? Bartlet: It's Christmas Josh!, no reason why we can't do both!

(in reply to Angelus)
Post #: 13
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 2:41:54 PM   
theoriginalcynic

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Eliza-Dushku-Lures/800026169
Whedon says that Fox has completley different people working for the network now and they seem comitted to the show.
Good news

(in reply to Underscore)
Post #: 14
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 3:48:38 PM   
Art Vandelay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Underscore

The concept does sound a bit hokey, I must say, but then again Buffy could have been very cliched on paper, and it wasn't. It was great.

Exactly. When i first read the synopsis for Buffy and Firefly, they didn't sound at all bad, but they also didn't sound too great. But yet Whedon has a way of turning them into TV of the highest quality. Can't wait!

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to Underscore)
Post #: 15
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 3:55:11 PM   
Dave B

What I like about Whedon is that he's not afraid to embrace hokey genre concepts and also poke fun of them without spoofing them. The concept for this show sounds perfect for him.

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 16
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 4:11:09 PM   
The Mighty

This news made my year.

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 17
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 5:18:03 PM   
Zaphod121

Best. News. Ever.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 18
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 5:50:27 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

Great news, hoping it's A) Awesome, and B) Gets decent ratings.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 19
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 7:46:07 PM   
Dave B

Shall we start a pool about how long this will last? My guess... 7 episodes. 

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 20
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 1/11/2007 8:35:39 PM   
nomimalone

This is indeed excellent news. I agree with others who think the concept sounds a little hokey, but I trust in the Whedon!

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 21
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 2/11/2007 9:24:36 AM   
pixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

Whedon says that Fox has completley different people working for the network now and they seem comitted to the show.
Good news

I wonder if they would give Firefly another chance then......

Member of COBW

Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe: "We live in a space ship, dear."

Post #: 22
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 2/11/2007 11:04:40 AM   
theoriginalcynic

The story is Dushku signed a development deal with Fox and she asked Whedon to create a show for her.  Fox didn't ask him to come back she did and im guessing they pitched the show together.  Just hope the network has learned from Firefly after good dvd sales and give this show a chance to gain an audience.  They MUST put it on in the right order

(in reply to pixie)
Post #: 23
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 2/11/2007 1:14:44 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

Can't wait for this!! The concept sounds good to me, with lots of potential - and Whedon even made the dialogue of fucking Aliens 4 decent, he's a man of talent. I've loved everything I've ever seen of his, which bodes well for Dollhouse!

"Were you checking me out or him? Because he worries about me getting harrassed in the workplace."

Post #: 24
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 2/11/2007 4:18:50 PM   
Art Vandelay

I wonder if any other previous castmates from Buffy/Angel/Firefly will be joining the cast? Come on Nicholas Brendon! The man's been away from TV for too long.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to Shaunette_ofthe_Dead)
Post #: 25
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 2/11/2007 4:25:38 PM   
theoriginalcynic

In the interview Joss says that it's probably best to keep the shows seperate (the cast of Buffy and Angel to Dollhouse) but he wasn't ruling it out as he wants the best actors and actresses

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 26
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 2/11/2007 6:44:14 PM   
theoriginalcynic

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?DOLLHAUS

Ha ha a petition to save Dollhouse now that's funny and I just signed it

Post #: 27
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 2/11/2007 8:48:05 PM   
24Dan

Sounds a bit like the Bourne films.

Professional Analrapist

Post #: 28
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 3/11/2007 12:15:41 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

In the interview Joss says that it's probably best to keep the shows seperate (the cast of Buffy and Angel to Dollhouse) but he wasn't ruling it out as he wants the best actors and actresses

But he doesn't tho. Two of the leads of Firefly, Mal and Zoe were in Buffy and Angel respectively. (Interestingly, I hated both their characters in Buffy/Angel, but loved them in Firefly - strength of the actors.) Incidentally, check out Alan Tudyk in Death At A Funeral - top stuff.

He also cast Summer Glau from an episode of Angel she appeared in. I hope there are some guest stars. It'd be nice to see Sarah Michelle Gellar do something that isn't with her husband Freddie Prinze Jr...

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 29
RE: Well I never thought I'd be writing this but... NEW... - 3/11/2007 12:27:41 AM   
Zaphod121

Plus Adam Baldwin was in Season 5 of Angel, and apparently Morena Baccarin was also supposed to be in Angel.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Dollhouse US Speed Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI