Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares USA

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares USA Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares USA - 31/10/2007 9:43:30 AM   
Goodfella

The new series of 'Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares' started last night at 9pm on C4. Probably one of the best episodes of the series, ever.

Gordon went to Brighton to meet washed-up actor and theatre star Allan Love (his name was just the beginning!) and his fine-dining and failing fish restaurant 'Ruby Tates'. He'd just borrowed 30,000 to keep this ridiculous place afloat, he looked like the joker after he'd been slapped. He broke down in tears within about five minutes and must have had at least ten drinks before the first commercial break while he stood in the middle of a restaurant whose idea of decor was a pair of old knickers! His two chefs were a joke - an Australian pikey (sorry traveller!) and a Frenchman who clearly had no idea how to cook! You could easily end up feeling very sorry for these guys if it wasn't for the fact you couldn't stop laughing and mocking them.

Anyway, unbeleivably, Gordon managed to turn this place around. Turning it from selling 2 week-old lobster and open mussells into a pretty decent fish and chip restaurant (although I'm not sure I'd pay 8.50 for pollock and chips, opening night or not!) Also forget to mention the fact Mr Love who if you look the world melodrama up in the dictionary will have a picture of him underneath it doesn't eat fish because he got a fish bone caught in his throat about 30 years ago! Also extremely impressed with Frenchman Alex's knowledge of the local seaside area - "You can't buy any fresh fish around here"

I will never understand how he pulled this one off. (which is a rater ironic saying for that area of Brighton!)

Next week's episode looked even better. Is that some bloke threatening Gordon with a pair of scissors?

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 19/1/2008 8:15:40 PM >

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

Post #: 1
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 31/10/2007 10:10:57 AM   
DJ Satan

I loved this show. One of the best ones but looking back he didn't seem to spend that much time in the kitchen with the useless chefs.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 2
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 31/10/2007 10:31:39 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Poor fekker had borrowed money and put his house up for sale and it was all going to end horribly for him with no business and nowhere to live.  I think he should have been falling on his knees worshipping Ramsey, not arguing with him.

And that French chef was going to kill someone by serving them dead mussels.  Un-be-liev-able. 

One thing I will say for Mr Love, he could sing.  I could see the place doing great business in having dinner then listening to him sing over a couple more bottles of wine or something.  Easy money.

Would be interesting to get an update in the future and see how the place is still running.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 31/10/2007 11:03:59 AM   
Keyser Sozzled

To be honest I thought it was a bit forced. The whole walk the plank thing reall annoyed me. It was just pure show, nothing to do with what was going on with the business.

I though Allan Love was good value for it though, argumentative little bastard !

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 4
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 31/10/2007 11:48:46 AM   
ilovebeerme

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/food/2007/10/my_kitchen_nightmare_with_rams.html

Like food and wine? Come join the conversation at http://kitchendecanted.com/

Latest post - Chicken with Thai basil and chili

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 5
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 31/10/2007 1:06:18 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/food/2007/10/my_kitchen_nightmare_with_rams.html   

It does make me wonder what these restaurteurs think being on Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares show is going to be like. They all seem to think he's going to come there and say, "Fuck me, what am I here for? Everything's amazing, if you didn't have your own place, I'd offer you a fucking job!" You would have thought these people would have guessed from the title of the show they are about to participate in a rather no-holds barred, frank and at times degrading observation of why their so-called business is, to quote Mr Ramsay again, 'in the shit.'

Everyone knows the guy doesn't do it nicely yet they all act shocked and most just spend 45 minutes shoving their heads up their own asses to avoid the truth. You can't help feeling like some of them think it's going to be some sort of publicity stunt.

Mind you at least Love fesses up at the end but I think Ramsay has had something like six lawsuits from this series, have to wonder why he doesn't just stick to The F Word and Hell's Kitchen sometimes. At least those people know and accept what they're in for.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to ilovebeerme)
Post #: 6
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 31/10/2007 2:29:45 PM   
Mindy

I thought that the resturant owner was a right tit, asking for help from Gordon and then arguing and insulting him the whole time! He is probably the most annoying resturant owner that has featured on the series and the kitchen staff couldn't care less. I did feel sorry for him when he was crying though, I think perhaps the stress of running the place had pushed him over the edge. 

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 7
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 6/11/2007 9:56:59 AM   
Marky_Mark

Tonight's episode looks like a belter!!

I really enjoyed last week - but I had to laugh when thinking of how many 'fucks' were used (between Gordon and the Aussie)! However, it bugs me when people moan about the use of language in Ramsay's programmes. I worked in plenty of kitchens when I was younger and that's just the way it is; people assume it's a 'boy's club' thing, but female chefs are just as bad, if not worse!

I'm off to do some work in Brighton in for a couple of days so I might nip into Love's and see what it's like. Either that or the soulfood place from last series.

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

(in reply to Mindy)
Post #: 8
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 6/11/2007 11:59:12 AM   
Chojin

I don't usually watch much TV but I did really enjoy this last week. I always think 'is this gonna be one to fail?' - has that happened before? i wouldnt know, not an avid watcher.

there was a lot of 'drama' thrown in which is good, even though lovey was a twat it was better than watching someone agree with everything gordon throws at them and did make for good TV

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 9
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 7/11/2007 8:21:28 AM   
DJ Satan

Another great episode. What a shambles. I liked the way Gordon got his hands dirty for a change and showed just how good he is with just the simple dishes.

It was also nice to see how he took care of "India" (what a stupid name for a scotswoman) after everything fell apart.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 10
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 7/11/2007 10:22:20 AM   
JustinFox

Yeah good episode, what a top bloke Gordon is, I can't believe how week after week the people he is helping argue with him, if it were me i'd just let him take charge and help out, the problem with that woman owner is that she is spoilt by her Dad, that's why the restaurant was not important to her, I like the way Gordon tells it how it is to their face and doesn't beat around the bush, not may people around like that nowadays

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 11
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 7/11/2007 1:24:58 PM   
Goodfella

Rachel is one of the show's stereotypical spoilt brats. Out in some nice and hot foreign country playing with mummy or daddy's thousands, owning restaurants where she puts Bob Marley in charge of the kitchen, her lazy best friend in charge of the restaurant and has to run out every five minutes to feed her pregnant cats.

She deserved what she got. Only problem was her dad and her new head chef didn't, good call by Ramsay to take her to The Boxwood Cafe but I feel sorry for her dad who had two massive bank loans to pay off whilst his daughter continues to live out her life in the sun of Paris.

Must say that veggie food (especially the pea and goats cheese tart) did look pretty appealing and I'm of the opinion of 'rabbit food' too. Anyone know if there's recipes on the net from the show?

(in reply to JustinFox)
Post #: 12
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 7/11/2007 2:19:59 PM   
dj vivace

Two words sum up Rachel, 'Spoilt Bitch', of course she wasn't bothered, it wasn't reall her money, what a bloody waste of space! Great episode, Gordon being his brutally honest best yet again, and what a great thing to do by giving that girl a job! Hats off to Mr Ramsey for showing just what a top bloke he really is.

By the way, i'm in no way on earth vegitarian, however, i went to France a few months back with the better half to see her family and we went to a vegitarians house for dinner one night, and it was all bloody gorgeous! Almost made me want to be a vegitarian (ALMOST!!)

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 13
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 7/11/2007 4:19:22 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Great episode last night although I actually wanted to see the restaurant closed down because that Rachel was a moron. Glad to see that he gave India a job in London once things went tits up too.

Is it another revisited episode next week though? It sucks if it is because we've only haad 2 so far .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 14
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 7/11/2007 6:15:38 PM   
batcountry84

Looks like it is. It's the Real Gravy bloke with his pub up here in Lancashire. Remember in the last series, he was saying "Bollocks to Bisto" and paraded round town with a t-shirt saying Real Gravy on it? I think he was an interfering sod who worked 24/7 in the pub, interfering in the kitchens, and had loads of plates, cos he were a hoarder who wouldn't throw anything out. Didn't he have like a couple of dozen square plates he got off ebay or something and Gordon smashed them all laste series?
Anywho, they're up next week.

Great of Gordon to give India a job. She was pretty focused and seemed like a good chef for her age. It's a shame she was let down by Rachel, but it doesn't matter now, cos she's better off where she is in Gordon's restaurant.
I think Rachel should stick with being a kitty midwife.

And you know what he said?.... I need about treefiddy.
*Uncle Rotter - Fit Goth Chicks*
My interview with Dyanne Thorne @ Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 15
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 8/11/2007 12:11:33 AM   
Rgirvan44

Just watched the latest one on repeat. I really felt sorry for the Rachel womans father. Both her and the friend seemed to be 'playing' at running a resteraunt.

Good on Ramsey for giving India that work experience - was great to see someone so young but looking so driven by a love of food, and in the long run the experience she will get in his kitchen will be far greater than working in poxy little resteraunt.  

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to batcountry84)
Post #: 16
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 8/11/2007 12:23:09 AM   
indysgill

I coudnt agree more.

I did think that mad brazilian was going to stab someone when he wouldnt let go of the knife. Did like when that waitress couldnt handle the 'abuse' Gordon basically told her to fuck off!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 17
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 8/11/2007 1:32:29 PM   
Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Just watched the latest one on repeat. I really felt sorry for the Rachel womans father. Both her and the friend seemed to be 'playing' at running a resteraunt.

Good on Ramsey for giving India that work experience - was great to see someone so young but looking so driven by a love of food, and in the long run the experience she will get in his kitchen will be far greater than working in poxy little resteraunt.  

Indeed and India was only gone for a short time while she went to collect her things from Edinburgh and in that time Rachel let things go and India was out of a job.  Also, as bad as her attitude was, Stephanie's was even worse.

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 18
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 8/11/2007 1:46:05 PM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

Good episode

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 19
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 9/11/2007 12:03:31 PM   
Brundlesflies

Looks as though Rachel's long suffering old man is still writing those cheques  

Went to Paris on honeymoon last month and we went to the Piccolo (the wife's a veggie). Rachel is still playing at waitress, although I must say the food was pretty good - was quite a shock to see Ramsey cooking up a storm in there this week, especially when it closed down at the end. I assume the prog was made earlier in the year

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to Dragar 11(New Birth))
Post #: 20
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 9/11/2007 4:15:09 PM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brundlesflies

Looks as though Rachel's long suffering old man is still writing those cheques  

Went to Paris on honeymoon last month and we went to the Piccolo (the wife's a veggie). Rachel is still playing at waitress, although I must say the food was pretty good - was quite a shock to see Ramsey cooking up a storm in there this week, especially when it closed down at the end. I assume the prog was made earlier in the year

That's interesting to know - but in that case I no longer pity her father if he's actually funded her to have another shot at it.

Is it not possible someone else has bought the place and Rachel is just once again being a waitress?

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 21
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 14/11/2007 5:15:54 PM   
batcountry84

Well, last nites episode was BORING to say the least. 45mins worth was taken up by showing most of the episode from laste series, of the Fenwick Arms (Real Gravy fella), and 3 mins of adverts, and then about 10 mins of new tv which we hadn't seen. What a waste of time. And the guy had started collecting plates off ebay again and become cantankerous. Ah well.
And to top it all off, next weeks episode, they recap back to last series where Gordon went to Costa Del Sol, where there was dog shit all over the patio.

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 22
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 14/11/2007 5:21:47 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

It's terrible when they do this, why can't they make new programming not just rehash old episodes?

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

Post #: 23
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 14/11/2007 5:47:25 PM   
batcountry84

I know. I was getting very irrated having to sit through a good part of an hour, watching something I've already seen. And the new bits weren't even remotely interesting.
C'mon, bring some new Nightmares on.

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 24
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 14/11/2007 6:07:32 PM   
ilovebeerme

batcountry, your avatar is way over the limit.  Can you change it please.  Thanks.

Like food and wine? Come join the conversation at http://kitchendecanted.com/

Latest post - Chicken with Thai basil and chili

Post #: 25
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 14/11/2007 11:03:36 PM   
batcountry84

Done and done, ilovebeerme

(in reply to ilovebeerme)
Post #: 26
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 14/11/2007 11:38:47 PM   
indysgill

Real Gravy man looks and sounds like a consultant at work, bit scary, maybe they are related.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

Post #: 27
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 18/11/2007 11:15:38 AM   
Goodfella

Had to feel sorry for the 'Real Gravy Man' as he wasn't a typical Kitchen Nightmare person. Mind you his idea of pub dining certainly seems to differ from the other 99% of the country.

Those plates he had were a laugh, just can't beleive he could sell them for 46 quid on e-bay! Who'd pay 46 quid for one of them!?

Next week's episode is another 'Revisited'. It's that spoilt London lad out in the Costa Del Sol with his restaurant with poached chicken kebabs that were cooked three days ago and the donkey dick fillet steaks. Remember watching that episode on the plane to Crete once.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 28
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 18/11/2007 11:45:49 AM   
smithee

I was going to ask if this is repeated on More 4 at any point, but if it was one of those re-hash episodes I'm not really bothered.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 29
RE: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - 18/11/2007 12:09:55 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Largely what happens is Ramsay turns up, effs and blinds a lot, cracks a few heads together, simplifies the menu and the punters pour back in - the guy is clearly a genius

(in reply to smithee)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares USA Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI