Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 26/10/2007 8:05:23 AM   
Underscore

The final season of Scrubs has kicked off. 17 more episodes and we'll have said goodbye to JD & co.

First episode was very much a return to form I thought. Season 6 was a dip in quality but from the get go, this episode seemed to the point and on the ball. Perhaps cutting the episode order down to 18 was a godsend.

Now I am awaiting the next batch of episodes with some interest. Let's all hope Scrubs can have a great last season and end on a high.

'Josh: Couldn't you just drop me off the Washington Monument? Bartlet: It's Christmas Josh!, no reason why we can't do both!
Post #: 1
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 26/10/2007 6:46:10 PM   
Jim

It was an okay episode. Two immediate thoughts though: Is Dr. Beardface British? He's not a good actor. It's cool to see a regular extra get a briefly increased role though. I did like Cox's put-down to the squeaky intern, I was completely expecting it but the way he said it still made me laugh out loud.

It's too early to say whether this season will improve on the frankly dire sixth season, but it was an decent enough start. There weren't any cringing moments at least, so that alone would make it a good season 6 episode.

"Oh shit, swamp leeches! Everybody! Check for swamp leeches and pull them off! ...nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?"

(in reply to Underscore)
Post #: 2
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 26/10/2007 10:59:40 PM   
Phil884

Hmm, well JD was less of the ridiculous jester-like caricature he’d become throughout season 5 and 6 and the fantasy scene where he wins Dr. Cox’s whiny person award was at least in his head, unlike in the last two seasons where they’d actually happen in reality (JD in a bag travesty anyone?). So, yeah, it was entertaining enough. However, it was still miles away from the genius of the first 3 seasons. But I doubt we’ll ever see those type of episodes again, particularly when Zach Braff continually bleats on about how he prefers the “wackier” humour of the later seasons. Another show to add to the Frasier/Spooks/X-files etc once were great list.

I accept nothing from a man who imprisons his guests in a commode

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 3
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 26/10/2007 11:45:44 PM   
Jim

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil884

Hmm, well JD was less of the ridiculous jester-like caricature he'd become throughout season 5 and 6 and the fantasy scene where he wins Dr. Cox's whiny person award was at least in his head, unlike in the last two seasons where they'd actually happen in reality (JD in a bag travesty anyone?). So, yeah, it was entertaining enough. However, it was still miles away from the genius of the first 3 seasons. But I doubt we'll ever see those type of episodes again, particularly when Zach Braff continually bleats on about how he prefers the "wackier” humour of the later seasons. Another show to add to the Frasier/Spooks/X-files etc once were great list.

Have I missed something...?

"Oh shit, swamp leeches! Everybody! Check for swamp leeches and pull them off! ...nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?"

(in reply to Phil884)
Post #: 4
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 27/10/2007 4:47:07 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim

quote:

Hmm, well JD was less of the ridiculous jester-like caricature he'd become throughout season 5 and 6 and the fantasy scene where he wins Dr. Cox's whiny person award was at least in his head, unlike in the last two seasons where they'd actually happen in reality (JD in a bag travesty anyone?). So, yeah, it was entertaining enough. However, it was still miles away from the genius of the first 3 seasons. But I doubt we'll ever see those type of episodes again, particularly when Zach Braff continually bleats on about how he prefers the "wackier” humour of the later seasons. Another show to add to the Frasier/Spooks/X-files etc once were great list.

Have I missed something...?

Episode one of Series 5, My Intern's Eyes. Turk sneaks JD into the cinema by carrying JD in a backpack. He later places the bag on the table at the apartment and we see JD inside, impossibly contorted. It could have been a a fantasy without the standard fantasy "flash", yet later in the cafeteria Jd and Turk are talking about it, and JD says he had to gnaw his way out.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 5
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 27/10/2007 5:04:57 PM   
Chojin

hopefully thats the last of keith, hes rubbish!

had a few chuckle moments for me which is all i really ask for from a scrubs episode.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 6
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 27/10/2007 5:28:33 PM   
Mozza

quote:

When was Frasier not great?

(in reply to Phil884)
Post #: 7
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 27/10/2007 5:49:08 PM   
Zaphod121

And since when is Spooks not great?

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 8
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 27/10/2007 6:00:29 PM   
Phil884

Well all personal opinion of course, but I thought Fraiser lost it after season 7, around about the time Daphne and Niles got it on. Seemed to lack the wit of the earlier seasons. But I admit I thought the last season picked up a lot and was an excellent conclusion to the show.

As for Spooks, I think it lost something the more the original characters got written out. By the time Danny and Zoe had left, it felt like a different show to me. But, as I say, it's all down to what you prefer.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 9
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 27/10/2007 6:17:08 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

As for Spooks, I think it lost something the more the original characters got written out. By the time Danny and Zoe had left, it felt like a different show to me. But, as I say, it's all down to what you prefer.

I have to admit I preferred it when Tom, Zoe and Danny were around, and your right it does feel like a different show now, but I still love it. Anyways this getting really off-topic, back to Scrubs...

(in reply to Phil884)
Post #: 10
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 27/10/2007 7:07:34 PM   
The Mighty

At least JD and Elliott didn't get together... yet "It should have been me" just made me angry last season. But it was an alright episode, better then a lot of last seasons episode. Last season was just too wacky. And JD was just annoying. I read in a lot of interviews that they were going to go back to the more dramatic, less crazy fantasy stuff this year. I would have preferred season 6 to be the last. Elliott and Keith getting married, Turk and Carla raising their baby, and JD finally becoming a man and embracing fatherhood would have been a satisfying ending.

Edit: Didn't last season also have an episode where JD was kidnapped by Janitor, and left in a place to drown for the 30 minutes?

< Message edited by The Mighty -- 27/10/2007 7:08:44 PM >

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 11
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 27/10/2007 9:50:23 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Mighty

Edit: Didn't last season also have an episode where JD was kidnapped by Janitor, and left in a place to drown for the 30 minutes?

That was series 5. His Story III. The Janitor whisks JD away and sticks him in the water tank on the hospital roof, thus taking over narrative duties. Not all that bad really. A far more annoying example of stupid humor was My Perspective from series 6, with the whole fake holiday/JD taped to the ceiling/wolf storyline. 

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 12
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 29/10/2007 10:26:54 AM   
Timon

Oh Elliot, you big annoying bag of problems.

Ditching the Dudemesiter? What is wrong with you? I swear both Elliot and JD need a good slap. They used to be likeable characters but for about half a season they're both turned into adult version of 13 year olds.

Good to see Snoop Dog resident is now attending though.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 13
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 29/10/2007 3:34:37 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

It makes me sad to hear that.
I have always casually watched Scrubs. Only the in the past year or so I decided I loved it and needed to watch it properly in order. So now I just finished watching season 3. ( I have seen later seasons but not in order or regularly).
Are seasons 4,5 & 6 really that bad?

(in reply to Phil884)
Post #: 14
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 29/10/2007 3:59:04 PM   
Phil884

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

I have always casually watched Scrubs. Only the in the past year or so I decided I loved it and needed to watch it properly in order. So now I just finished watching season 3. ( I have seen later seasons but not in order or regularly).

Actually, I really enjoyed season 4, right up to the point where I’d seen it 50 times on E4 repeats. Many people also disagree with me over season 5, although season 6 seems to be almost universally disliked. But it’s all relative.

For me, season 1 – 3 were a genius, laugh out loud, blend of wit, wackiness and fantasy comedy balanced against heart (the JD learns a lesson bit at the conclusion of most episodes.) The characters were also well rounded and had individual quirks that were very funny – JD the thoughtful  geek, Turk the publicly overconfident “jock” and Elliott, insecurity personified. By season 4, for me anyway, there was a subtle shift towards more wacky comedy and the caricaturing of the characters. I thought that was exaggerated in season 5 and 6 to the point where JD’s fantasies were real and all of the characters were just caricatures of their main quirks – apart from the Todd who has always been over the top hilarious.

I didn’t like that; others did. I preferred it when it was more subtle in the early seasons, which will always be a golden age for me. Nevertheless, i still reckon an episode of Scrubs is an entertaining half hour and still vastly preferable to watching the toilet bowl of reality tv saturating the channels at the moment.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 15
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 29/10/2007 8:43:50 PM   
The Mighty

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

Season 1-4 are excellent, and season 5 isn't all that bad either. Season 6 is where it all goes wrong IMO. There are still a lot of solid episodes, but a lot of it just seems so forced.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 16
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 2/11/2007 9:48:22 PM   
The Mighty

Great episode this week. It felt a lot more like the earlier seasons, no forced comedy/drama. Just real characters going through real things, with real laughs.

Edit: What was with the 2 player 360? Don't these people know how computer games work?

< Message edited by The Mighty -- 2/11/2007 9:50:01 PM >

(in reply to Underscore)
Post #: 17
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 3/11/2007 4:56:42 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

The Colin Hay gag was great, and nice to see another actor reappear as well!

Anyone notice the Plomox mug that Kelso had? I don't think we've heard anything about Plomox since way back in series 2 when Heather Locklear appeared. Maybe as it's the final year there'll be more references to previous episodes.

Much more better!

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 18
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 6/11/2007 1:24:45 PM   
Alistair81

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned (I don't want to read the thread for fear of spoilers - I'm only up to beginning of season 6)  but has anybody heard about how Scrubs will be affected by the writers strike?  I saw a news story last night here that suggests that there is a high chance they won't ever be able to finish the 7th series due to the strikes. Needless to say I'm highly alarmed about this and was wondering if anybody else had heard anything to confirm or deny this.

< Message edited by Alistair81 -- 6/11/2007 1:55:36 PM >

"The kid's like... he's like a... have you ever seen a drunk baby? "

"Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like... fuckin'... Shaft. "

Post #: 19
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 6/11/2007 1:50:20 PM   
The Mighty

"I'm assuming that we'll have two, maybe three [unfilmed] scripts total" by the time a strike hits, Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence said in a mid-October interview. "And the company [ABC Studios], as [I'm] a producer that works for them, will make me shoot those. And then the Writers Guild, I'm sure, will say don't you dare write anymore or do anything beyond this."

(in reply to Alistair81)
Post #: 20
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 6/11/2007 1:56:34 PM   
Alistair81

According to the article I posted before there are only 2 scripts that are as yet unfilmed episodes 11 and 12 out of the supposed 18 episode series thus leaving 6 episodes left in real danger of never being completed

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 21
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 6/11/2007 3:13:24 PM   
The Mighty

Where is the article you posted? I'm sure they'll be done after the strike, the writers do have the 18 episode order, so the scripts have already been bought and paid for. Just not written yet.

(in reply to Alistair81)
Post #: 22
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 6/11/2007 3:25:55 PM   
Alistair81

Sorry - tried to be clever and post the link to my 1st post but here's the link:  http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20071105/ten-uk-scrubs-91c27f7.html 

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 23
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 6/11/2007 3:52:32 PM   
The Mighty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair81

Sorry - tried to be clever and post the link to my 1st post but here's the link:  http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20071105/ten-uk-scrubs-91c27f7.html 

Still not working for me. But as I said, I doubt the strike will get in the way of shows with the episodes already ordered.

(in reply to Alistair81)
Post #: 24
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 6/11/2007 3:55:23 PM   
Alistair81

But it works for me!!  Can you copy and paste it into your browser to find it?  Otherwise try going to yahoo.co.uk news section and searching for stories about Scrubs.  Otherwise I could copy and paste the article into a post 

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 25
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 6/11/2007 9:00:35 PM   
Chojin

quote:

Edit: What was with the 2 player 360? Don't these people know how computer games work?

haha yeah i clocked that as well. just about every scene with the 360 was bad. tapping randomly at buttons etc...you can tell the janitor has never played a computer game in his life etc ;)

[/minor niggle]

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 26
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 6/11/2007 11:57:53 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

quote:

haha yeah i clocked that as well. just about every scene with the 360 was bad. tapping randomly at buttons etc...you can tell the janitor has never played a computer game in his life etc ;)

[/minor niggle]

Not only that but only one of the joypads had a battery pack in it. Said joypad kept swapping about randomly between the 2 players as well. It really annoyed me. Still think that's the best episode since series 5 despite that irritance though.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 27
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 7/11/2007 12:11:38 AM   
punchdrunk

I did think it was a return to form, last seasons only highlight for me being the musical episode which had been beaten years before way better by Buffy i.m.o. J.D is incredibly self induldged and borderline repulsive by his self-centredness i think if they continue like this they could phase him out without any worry, why do people still feel he is the centre of the show? nice to see them expanding Janitor a wee bit this season with "Lady" hopefuly the second episode will continue the qaulity of the first.  

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 28
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 7/11/2007 12:12:43 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

quote:

[/minor niggle]

Not only that but only one of the joypads had a battery pack in it. Said joypad kept swapping about randomly between the 2 players as well. It really annoyed me. Still think that's the best episode since series 5 despite that irritance though.

What got me was the fact they didn't even put any effort in to turn on the controllers, the lights weren't on.

It is stupid the way the directors seem to tell the actors (or at least I'm guessing they do) to just mash the buttons furiously like somehow it'll make it more convincing.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 29
RE: Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed - 7/11/2007 12:38:44 PM   
Phil884

quote:

ORIGINAL: punchdrunk

I did think it was a return to form, last seasons only highlight for me being the musical episode which had been beaten years before way better by Buffy i.m.o. J.D is incredibly self induldged and borderline repulsive by his self-centredness i think if they continue like this they could phase him out without any worry, why do people still feel he is the centre of the show? nice to see them expanding Janitor a wee bit this season with "Lady" hopefuly the second episode will continue the qaulity of the first.  

SPOILERS FOR LAST SEASON FOLLOW -

Yeah, JD's worse self-centred moment last season being his inappropriate preoccupation with being named godfather of Dr. Cox's baby whilst at the funeral of an important character's funeral. Was the point where I really came to dislike the current incarnation of his character.

Most recent episode was pretty good though. Particularly liked the Janitor and Dr. Kelso being friends at night and Keith's loathing of Elliot is still entertaining me.

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Scrubs Season 7 - US Speed Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI