Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Jurassic Park

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Jurassic Park Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jurassic Park - 8/12/2005 6:31:52 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
STILL AMAZING TODAY. - 2/1/2006 11:35:08 AM   
FANTASYFAN84

After all the years since Jurassic Park was first released this is still a truly heart pounding and totally thrilling movie.

From the word go this movie delivers great set pieces, great performances (from Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum and Richard Attenborough), a memroable score from John Williams and great dinosaurs that feel so real even today. From the tense T- Rex attack and car chase, the truly scary Raptors stalking Tim and Lex in the kitchen and that truly astounding first moment you see the brontosaurs munching away high at the top of the tree - this is still brilliant cinema at the highest standard and another Spielberg classic.  

< Message edited by FANTASYFAN84 -- 2/1/2006 11:41:32 AM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Jurassic Park - 16/2/2006 6:15:30 PM   
pumpkin_ghost

Best. Film. Ever
I love this film with all my heart. Anyone of doesnt like it is either lying or trying to be very controversial. Its a classic film with magnificient special effects, great acting, music, excitement, scares and direction. Long Live JP!

Post #: 3
- 13/3/2006 9:32:20 AM   
luvinfilms

amazing - the tension is built wonderfully up to the point where the water shakes - heart pounding - amazing.

Post #: 4
- 13/4/2006 1:45:04 PM   
olmeister

Brilliant. definitely spielbergs best. bought it on video then got it on dvd as soon as it came out, must have seen it atleast 7 or 8 times, shame about the other two, lost world could have been good aswell

Post #: 5
Jurassic Park - 3/9/2006 11:21:40 PM   
Nalfeshnee

One of the first films i saw in the cinema (i was 10 at the time), it was and still is my favourate film ever, and i'll have a soft spot for it until the day i die. It got me reading, and it got me into movies so i owe JP a lot.

Post #: 6
Jurassic Park - 3/9/2006 11:22:10 PM   
Nalfeshnee

One of the first films i saw in the cinema (i was 10 at the time), it was and still is my favourate film ever, and i'll have a soft spot for it until the day i die. It got me reading, and it got me into movies so i owe JP a lot.

Post #: 7
- 18/10/2006 12:03:01 PM   
djimi42

A true classic

Post #: 8
- 18/10/2006 12:03:17 PM   
djimi42

A true classic

Post #: 9
- 6/8/2007 10:49:20 PM   
cdjwfan

Fantastic!!! The best film of the 90', with some amazing shots, T-REX chase, the final fight, Gallimimus stampede ect... Brilliant score, great plot and masterfull direction from the most masterfull director ever!!! A masterpiece!!!

Post #: 10
OVERATED - 25/10/2007 5:11:20 PM   
bobbyperu

this was the first time any of us had seen CGI that just took your breath away. That aside i never thought JP was a very good film. CGI 5 Stars - The Film 3 Stars - so i'll go for the middle.

Post #: 11
OVERATED - 25/10/2007 5:11:22 PM   
bobbyperu

this was the first time any of us had seen CGI that just took your breath away. That aside i never thought JP was a very good film. CGI 5 Stars - The Film 3 Stars - so i'll go for the middle.

Post #: 12
JURRASIC FART - 3/3/2008 8:02:02 PM   
Horrorguru

watered down version of critchtons horrific take on dinosaur cloning.
the actors were all right and perfect for their roles except for the camp old doddering fart richard attenborough. Stephen spielberg was the wrong director . if anything james cameron would of been a much better choice and would of given the world a movie that would of at least been scary instead of the mediocre so so thriller we are left with.

Post #: 13
JP - 26/9/2008 2:42:57 PM   
jimoakley666

My favourite film ever-rer-er...

Post #: 14
RE: Jurassic Park - 26/9/2008 2:43:57 PM   
jimoakley666

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nalfeshnee

Snap!

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

(in reply to Nalfeshnee)
Post #: 15
RE: Jurassic Park - 26/9/2008 4:04:25 PM   
Chris66

I think Jurassic Park is an excellent film with great acting, good visual effects, a very memorable soundtrack and of course pretty convincing CGI Dinosaurs. I think my favourite character in the film is Dr. Ian Malcolm played by Goldblum who has some great lines. Also I think it is great that Spielberg made 2 Classic films in one year (the other being Schindlers's List ). Unfortunately the two sequels to Jurassic Park were not so good.   

"We just wanted to say we're a big fan of your work. When it comes to killing Nazis... I think you show great talent. And I pride myself on having an eye for that kind of talent. Your status as a Nazi killer is... still amateur. We all come here to see if you wanna go pro... '"

(in reply to jimoakley666)
Post #: 16
RE: Jurassic Park - 26/9/2008 4:29:10 PM   
DanCurley

That bit where Fredo Corleone does a burton to the shithouse is fablastic. A momumental film of inexcripulous tromourtions that can't and hasn't been beaten on either considerations.

I'd give you my signature, but what would happen if you stole my cheque book? It would be a disaster.

(in reply to Chris66)
Post #: 17
RE: Jurassic Park - 28/9/2008 12:16:53 AM   
rupert303

I watched JP not so long ago and, to be honest, I don't think its aged that well.

I see the dopeness. You only see the wackness.

www.rhum.org.uk

www.denofgeek.com

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 18
- 6/6/2009 6:02:32 PM   
MovieAddict247

Its everything you expect and more. Just brilliant.

Post #: 19
Favourite movie ever - 8/6/2009 5:36:31 PM   
Mort Grimm

This is the movie that got me into movies. It was the first movie that facinated me enough to discover who directed it ( and what a director actually did- i was young!) Still reguard that T-Rex attack on the jeep to be the most perfect and effective blend of CGI and Live action yet put on screen. When the Rex steps between the two vehicles my breath is still taken alittle.

Post #: 20
Jurassic Park - 16/10/2009 10:03:47 PM   
deppfanatic

What a masterpiece of a film; to make history come alive in front of your very eyes, stunning effects on the dinosaurs, brilliant cast and the story takes you into a whole different world which you wouldn't believed had it existed . Step back in time if you dare.

Post #: 21
Amazing. - 1/2/2010 11:46:24 PM   
paulandnic14

The film that defined my childhood, i must have seen it 10 times at cinema, i loved it - and still do, the affects continue to amaze - even more so when you realise that the films nearly 20 years old!, and hold up to anything made today, all the fuss was (rightly) been made of how speilberg managed to pull off the incredible cgi, the directors true genius however is shown in something as simple as water in a plastic cup, much like the cracking glass seqeunce in the sequal master speilberg manages to turn an everyday object in to terrifying thing.

Post #: 22
Crap - 18/2/2010 6:03:59 PM   
Saam3003

Jurassic crap. simple as

Post #: 23
Crap - 18/2/2010 6:04:05 PM   
Saam3003

Jurassic crap. simple as

Post #: 24
...Of ALL time... - 9/5/2010 3:11:21 PM   
neopol

This is a template for how make a great action/adventure movie. Clocking in at for what these days, a film of its' type would seem to be a modest 121 mins, it devides itseft into two solid halves. The first hour debates the science, the sociology and evolutionary issues of both cloneing and of course, dinosaurs, whilst skillfully setting up and yet sidetracking the audience into not realising who the real villans of the movie are going to be. From the opening scene, the Velosaraptors are clearly formidable, but the film feeds on the overwelming desire from the audiance to see the T-Rex to point of destraction.

And it works, allowing a still awe inspiring and musicless might I add, T-Rex sequence, and then giving the fourth act over the Rapors. This film uses every minute brilliantly, maintaining a sense of pace throughout whist not bombarding us with pointless action. I do think that this film has lost some of it's standing these days, but it's well worth redescovering.

Post #: 25
Jaw-droppingly amazing! - 21/5/2010 11:46:27 PM   
!xHoTRoDx!

It's going to take a long time for Spielberg's absolutely entertaining blockbuster (one of many) to start feeling dated because this is a masterpiece in modern special effects and this often magical adventure classic is quite possibly the best family adventure movie of the '90s. The usual, very entertaining Spielberg stuff, since the man is a genius when it comes to purely pleasing his audience.

Post #: 26
RE: Jaw-droppingly amazing! - 28/5/2010 11:18:53 PM   
mystra

one of my favourite films of all time!

The film hasn't aged one bit in terms of special effects either.... either that or Speilberg really did create actual dinosaurs for the film... Most films this age look ropey as hell!!

and how many sound effects (namely the T-Rex roars) did Cameron use in Avatar!!?

Classic classic film. This my friends, is how it is done :)

(in reply to !xHoTRoDx!)
Post #: 27
Superb - 25/9/2011 9:32:53 AM   
skeletonjack

18 years on and its as brilliant as ever. Yes the special effects at times do look a little dated (inly natural seeing as how it came out in 1993), but the T-Rex attack and raptor scenes are as good as anything you're likely to see this year. Brilliant film making is timeless. Jurassic Park is simply brilliant.
5 Stars.

< Message edited by skeletonjack -- 25/9/2011 9:46:36 AM >

Post #: 28
Its Not Just CGI Although That helped! - 27/9/2011 5:18:44 PM   
Bighousewill

Took my six yo nephew to see this in 2011 he shouted out I've seen this on tele lol. Any how he seen scooby doo the movie with the cgi scooby so he expects dino's to look real. Personally some of the cgi here looks dated the flocking dinos in particular but the T-rex still looks awsome. The illusion of real dinosaurs though is thanks to a mixture of puppetry animatronics and CGI which is brilliant.

Post #: 29
Jurassic Park (1993) - 8/1/2013 8:52:20 PM   
The God of Tears

Many, many years ago, the legendary writer Michael Crichton creates probably the most memorable of his books. Jurassic Park became a classic, and not just as a novel. The film version of the book, directed by Steven Spielberg, became an instant hit and one of the most important films of the early nineties of the last century. And for good reason.
The film is not as dark and bloody as the novel on which it is created. It is not necessary in this case. In this case there are three important things: Spectacle. Adventure. Tension. And Spielberg does all three things.
Even today, in the days after Avatar, the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park look so vivid and real. The sound effects - especially the titanic roar of theT. rex - are brilliant. The acting is excellent. The directing - magnificent. In other words - even after so much time Jurassic Park is a must see for any movie buff, even if not a fan of science fiction.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Jurassic Park Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI