Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Unknowns, fair enough.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Unknowns, fair enough. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unknowns, fair enough. - 15/10/2007 9:19:11 PM   
coomi01

But in their TWENTIES?!!!!! Jesus, just as I was beginning to believe that the guy who made Mad Max (the Asutralians Sam Raimi) could do something cool, this goes and happens. Batman in his early twenties? ARE YOU TAKING THE PISS?!! Its official. This movie is now gonna suck and should never be made.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
for fucks sake - 15/10/2007 9:46:58 PM   
the chimp

what is wrong with all the wanna be critics on this site? every time a new film is anounced you all bitich and whine like there's no tomorow. if the film makers listened to half you lot then we would never have had batman begins, x-men, superman e.t.c. at least wait till the trailer before you make such harsh judgement.

sure this film has a lot to live upto (more so then x-men) due to the 2 main chars, batman and superman. it would be amazing to see bale and roth but your looking at 20 mil minium just to pay those 2 before you've even cast the rest. you want a film with roth and bale + rest standing around doing fuck all cause there's no budget left to make the film? well worth the admission price.

i'm a major comic book fan/geek/nerd so have my fingers crossed for this one, if its shit so be it, at least someones giving it a go!!!!

Post #: 32
Who? - 15/10/2007 10:51:46 PM   
lukeyboy

Can't say i've heard of half those fuckers, but Common could be good as Martian Manhunter methinks. Keep Routh and Bale in their roles as Supes and Bat's, get Ryan Reynolds for the Flash and Common as MM and we're halfway there boys and girls!!

Post #: 33
cartoon rocked! - 16/10/2007 12:23:10 AM   
mokeydude

If they can get the feel of the JLA cartoons, that would be ace, I don't care if I've heard of the actors. Though I think the guy who voiced Martian Manhunter should play him here (the dude from Alias..) I agree with others, this isn't a "young" team. They're meant to already be mature and know their shit. This isnt a university "super hero soc" some kids join. It's a shame Miller's under such a tight deadline, no doubt will force short cuts a-plenty...

Post #: 34
Ryan Reynoulds for flash.Must cast Routh as Superman - 16/10/2007 2:22:51 AM   
alimac

the one casting that could be right for this film could be Ryan Reynoulds as the flash i would be happy if they done that but i really have no idea why they don't cast Routh he wants to do it

Post #: 35
- 16/10/2007 2:36:41 AM   
Mr.Screen

They should at least ASK Routh and Bale if they're interested. Obviously if they give it the thumbs down there's little they can do. But it would be another plus in the eyes of the pyblic if the current faces of Soup and Batty were to also play them in the JL film.

Post #: 36
superhores team ups - move with caution! - 16/10/2007 6:09:17 AM   
miketang99

the last decent attept at big ensemble cast of superheroes was league of extraordinary gentlemen. that film failed partly because there was too much going on to really capture each character. these ensemble comics only work as they have seperate stories which combine to show a larger tapestry of the team a 2 hour (max) movie will never do justice to the justice league!

Post #: 37
- 16/10/2007 10:20:29 AM   
keir

miketang99

forgetting x-men are we? There were three of them, I know, hard to notice.

Post #: 38
Dont let this movie be made! - 16/10/2007 11:56:43 AM   
darth silas

Honestly.Do we really need this film? Keep Batman and Superman in their separate franchises and keep JLA to a small screen animated show.

Post #: 39
- 16/10/2007 12:23:31 PM   
drexil69

For starters I think if you have the characters that young the 1st movie will have to be upwards of 3 hours long just to give each hero some screen time, just look at spiderman 3 they tried to cram so much into 2 and bit hours it was just one big mess and ruined what went before it. I really can't see it working but i'm sure hollywood execs will be wetting themselves at the thought of all the cash that will roll in but to be honest unless thay have a bunch of unknowns like have the clowns mentioned then they will be lucky to break even.

Post #: 40
Think about it - 16/10/2007 1:13:05 PM   
dholleyuk

Okay, lets look at this for a minute, we have got the possibility of a fun, action packed, highly creative story, which if done correctly with the right script, style and cast could be a great film. But on the other hand... from reading these updates about the JLA, it sounds like they are making a TV, similar to Smallville. Now dont get me wrong, Smallville is a good series and has re-invented some of the story, but it has worked well as it is on the small screen and has time to evolve with a young cast. And now after 7 series, the story is now really turning toward the superhero that we know and love. But we dont have 7 movies, whoever is making it, needs to see this.

I think that when the actors guild go on strike, we as the paying audience with some very good (maybe at times harsh and simplistic) ideas, should go on stike afterwards and not see or pay for any films in protest of very bad film story and casting ideas!

Maybe that way the film-makers of today will finally get it and understand that we (the audience), know what we like and want and should listen from time to time

Post #: 41
RE: Think about it - 16/10/2007 1:54:55 PM   
The Hooded Man

In JLA Year One, the league are all in their early to mid 20s and struggling to be taken seriously and suffer from organisation problems until Superman and Batman come on board, could that be happening here as well?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to dholleyuk)
Post #: 42
- 16/10/2007 1:55:54 PM   
Adrian

first up... the chimp... thank you! finally, someone else who'd rather give a film a chance before condemning it.

miketang, your comment actually gives this film much more hope than the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen... in that film, they had 5 or more huge names to try to give enough screen time to. by casting unknowns (largely), they're ommiting any obligation towards screen time bias for anyone, so they can focus on story etc... rather than bowing to the actors egos.

and I can see many of these people working. I'm not 100% on Common as MM, but... (John Stewart) Green Lantern I can see working well.

otherwise... most of the others do at least have the right looks. and some have already done the whole superhero thing. Winstead was in Sky High for example. I still only have the gripe that there's still been no mention of Hawkgirl in either this or her own movie. a criminally underrated character in my opinion.

Post #: 43
- 16/10/2007 1:58:21 PM   
Adrian

oh... I do concur that a 20 something batman would be dificult to accept. largely because.. well... i always figured he was still in training to become batman untill his late twenties.

unless they count that as enough.

and again big props to the chimp for being a fellow voice of reason amongst all the bitching and whining

Post #: 44
Bale doesn't want to do it for sure but Routh would - 16/10/2007 7:18:06 PM   
Paulie Wallnuts

I know for sure Bale doesn't want to do it unless they wait for his tri to be finished but that aint happening but i think Routh would do it and i have no idea why the don't ask him

Post #: 45
- 16/10/2007 8:53:28 PM   
Adrian

because they want the heroes younger than in those films? just a wild guess based on the fact that it was plainly stated.

y'know if this is peoples attitude, i might just not bother with my british superhero comic company. it'd be a pity, i got a lot of the base writing done on several intro stories... only really need an artist to get going propper. ah well.

Post #: 46
- 16/10/2007 10:15:01 PM   
adambt

Does anyone else think that this George Clooney's chance to have another stab at Batman?
I would pay to see that movie.

Post #: 47
RE: - 17/10/2007 11:33:21 AM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambt

Does anyone else think that this George Clooney's chance to have another stab at Batman?
I would pay to see that movie.

Dont use the words Batman, George Clooney and stab in the same sentence dude,...you'll give me idea's!!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to adambt)
Post #: 48
- 17/10/2007 1:14:17 PM   
Adrian

Lukeyboy, don't use the word dude in any sentence. this is neither America, nor the 90s.

Post #: 49
RE: - 17/10/2007 3:58:05 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adrian

Lukeyboy, don't use the word dude in any sentence. this is neither America, nor the 90s.

Bite me,.....Dude!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to Adrian)
Post #: 50
RE: RE: - 17/10/2007 4:38:55 PM   
adambatman82

michael keaton as an old batman could be cool.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 51
Ryan Reynolds-flash - 17/10/2007 9:26:24 PM   
dr_rat

He shold deffently be the flash he as got everything to play the flash

Post #: 52
RE: Mozzy_gal - 26/10/2007 4:12:06 PM   
Wraggsterino

Yeah Mos Def, Will Smith (who was acting on TV way before his film career - Fresh Prince???). What about Tone Fucking Loc in Ace Ventura,  or LL Cool J in Deep Blue Sea; Eminem's riveting performance in 8 mile or any film with Queen La-fucking-tifa?  Rappers suck fucking ass at acting. So full of themselves and thinking living a fantasy life tranfers well to the big screen. Wankers.

(in reply to mozzy_gal)
Post #: 53
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Unknowns, fair enough. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI