Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Is Miller Ready To Cast Justice League?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Is Miller Ready To Cast Justice League? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is Miller Ready To Cast Justice League? - 15/10/2007 3:56:58 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
AAAARRRRGGGHHHH! - 15/10/2007 3:56:58 PM   
ste2858

Its official, George Miller & WB chief execs have all lost their minds!!! This is insane, None of these people look even remotely capable of starring in a movie like this!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 15/10/2007 4:01:46 PM   
Adrian

I think one point that many people seem to overlook regarding the fact that this film seems to be looking at different Superman and Batman versios is that the comics themselves do this. I mean how many alternate versions of Gotham and Metropolis are there in DC universe? loads. heck, they even have a term for it... multiverse... that they use so they can cross versions of the same comics, or even - though I may be wrong here - franchises (DC/Marvel - it has happened.).

Post #: 3
Stoopid!! - 15/10/2007 4:01:50 PM   
Wormie

The only thing that would generate me any faith in this is if Routh was cast. I doubt Bale would be interested. The sensible thing would be to have solo films for Wonder Woman, the Flash and Green Lantern while coninuing the Routh Superman films and Bale Batman films. These candidates inspire no faith in this projec whatsoever. I'm happy with Miller as director, but Mad Max was a long time ago...

Post #: 4
- 15/10/2007 4:03:58 PM   
Wormie

Adrian, the Superman and Batman in the Justice League comics series is the same Superman and Batman as in their own titles, Multiverse notwithstanding.

Post #: 5
- 15/10/2007 4:05:36 PM   
mattchoman

Hearing JLA news always makes me feel slightly ill.

Post #: 6
- 15/10/2007 4:08:59 PM   
nodierock

It sounds awesome.... could be the next Batman & Robin.

Post #: 7
- 15/10/2007 4:20:27 PM   
shool

This film is going to be completely ridiculous. I'll eat my hat if its any good.*

* NB. I reserve the right to cancel this promise at my own choosing.

Post #: 8
RE: - 15/10/2007 4:36:25 PM   
adambatman82

i just read this news article as adrian brody, not adam brody, which actually garnered some interest from me! if something like this is gonna work then it needs a strong cast and a good script, not a bunch of b-listers from crappy american television. next thing we know screech from saved by the bell will have been cast as the flash. sean penn as an aged batman, or even the dream casting of clint eastwood as a really old batman would be cool, hell even millers old mate mel gibson as an old batman could be cool.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 9
bad - 15/10/2007 4:40:18 PM   
alimac

I realy am gutted as i would like to see a good JLA film but it's wbs fault not for waiting till Nolan and Singer finish there tris then we could have a JLA with Routh and Bale but imstead they cast a kids director and actors whove brley just got youse to hair on their chest yet when will studios learn

Post #: 10
Dr, it's Doomed - 15/10/2007 4:40:40 PM   
chrysalisloall

This will be the death of the superhero summer blockbuster, as it is going to suck big time!! There is no way they can expect the general public to see two people cast as Batman and Superman, and if they send this out they risk ruining the other franchises, which in turn will hurt marvel, thus killing superman without any kryptonite.

Post #: 11
CRAP - 15/10/2007 4:50:28 PM   
Seth_Gecko

This has to be one of the most pointlesss films being made ever. You can tell even now before its even been made its gonna suck. You know its gonna be a cringe worthy cheese fest thats gonna be aimed at 10 year olds.

Post #: 12
- 15/10/2007 4:53:06 PM   
clarkkent

chrysalisloall your an idiot, Justice League is DC not marvel you twat! As for this news? Hmmmmmm, well i'd rather see them in their LATE twenties so it isnt quite as close to Smallville. As for casting? Reynolds would be amazing as the flash and i dont think NOT casting Bale and Routh will effect the film, sorry but people arent stupid and we already have two people playing Superman in the movies and in smallville. And personally for superman Routh or the guy who plays supes in Smallville would be a cool choice. An how about we get the only man who has already played Aquaman? The dude from Entorage would be a sweet choice as he is the perfect fit for Aquaman anyway.

Post #: 13
- 15/10/2007 4:53:36 PM   
raclements

I love the JLA.
I love Batman. I love Superman. And Wonder Woman, and Flash and ... you get the idea.
The thought of this film makes me feel ill.

Post #: 14
I agree with what Empire said before... - 15/10/2007 4:55:32 PM   
tallaght24

....Nathan Fillion for Batman. He would fuckin carry that movie and blow the rest out of the water!

Post #: 15
Eeerrrrmmmm... - 15/10/2007 5:07:41 PM   
Wraggsterino

...such a bad idea. Tight deadline, continuity issues within Warner, hopeful/rushed/desperate casting (who's 'Common' for fucks sake???), director with varied CV (Mad Max - fair enough, Babe 2 - shite.): all points to a brain-fuck of garagntuan proportions. Messy.

Post #: 16
RE: Eeerrrrmmmm... - 15/10/2007 5:25:54 PM   
Kenesu

When all else fails, cast rappers. Hahah...

To be honest, I'm content with no Justice League movie. It would be better off as an animated movie (2D or 3D). As much as I would love to see a JLA movie, the casting might ruin it all.

I'm all for Reynolds as Flash. I'd love to see Bale and Routh in it as well, but it looks like that won't happen.

(in reply to Wraggsterino)
Post #: 17
The Flash - 15/10/2007 5:40:26 PM   
dr_rat

cannot wait for this movie to be realesed i think it's going to be awsome and my opinon is that the flash should be non other than Ryan Reynolds. I think this becasue the flash is serposed to be funny and cheeky with the girls and he is a good actor, i cannot think who else but him can be the flash.

Post #: 18
- 15/10/2007 5:52:58 PM   
mozzy_gal

i hope brandon routh and christian bale star in JLA. and i think Ryan Reynolds would be great as flash.

oh and by the way,Wraggsterino, Common is an amazing rapper.It says right there in there article(duh!) apart from the amazing bit.
Kenesu,give rappers who act a break. look at mos def and will smith. are you gonna say all films they've starred in are crap?....no.exactly!

Post #: 19
RE: The Flash - 15/10/2007 5:53:06 PM   
Darth Goonie

Agree with clarkkent, Adrien Grenier (Entourage) should be cast as Aquaman! If only Jim Cameron was directing...

(in reply to dr_rat)
Post #: 20
- 15/10/2007 6:02:36 PM   
Hughezy

it doesn't matter who he casts, this film is a FUCKING BAD IDEA.

DO NOT MAKE THIS FILM YOU DICKHEADS

Post #: 21
You guys amaze me...no offence - 15/10/2007 6:12:21 PM   
chiropterror

Come on guys, you ever picked up a comic in your life?
Adam Grenier as Aquaman? I watch Entourage and its ace but that is still ridiculous. Aquaman is a big blonde man not a dark black haired, latin skinned man. He would look ridiculous.

The only suggestion so far that made sense was Nathan Fillion....i mean god bless you Empire but you mis-ID'ed two of the JL characters in your mag, so doesnt add much wieght to your suggestions.

Personally i think this movie is a really bad idea, i mean it will kill off all of the fanchises and all the good work done so far.... all for an easy buck.

However, if i was to cast this movie it would go as follows:
Superman - Jonathan Rys Meyers
Batman - Nathan Fillion (Batman has to be at least 6 feet tall or he wouldnt work as a character, 5'7 Mel Gibson??)
Green Arrow - Matthew McConoughey or Ryan Gosling
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) - Michael Beihn
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) - Shayne West
Green Lantern (Jon Stewart) - Taye Diggs
Wonderwoman - Jessica Biel.
Martain Manhunter - Lawrence Fishburne.

< Message edited by chiropterror -- 15/10/2007 6:15:09 PM >

Post #: 22
- 15/10/2007 6:29:27 PM   
coljohnmatrix

This movie looks utter pish. I thought people had figured out by now that too many superheroes/villians in a movie tends to spoil it, yet now they're going to make a movie with a whole heap of characters!

It seems to me that Hollywood is so lacking in original ideas they'll consider green-lighting any comic-book movie (or any re-make for that matter) at the moment.

Post #: 23
Who, who, who and who??? - 15/10/2007 6:53:06 PM   
drawmyfoot

Never heard of most of these folks (but then I don't watch that much telly) but id that such a bad thing? Cast of unknowns may be cool, even though I'm of the opinion that this film is going to be a big, shit-dipped bag of scaggy pants..... prove me wrong, Miller!!!!

P.S. Yes they bloody well should be sorting Ryan Reynolds out with the part of the flash, dammit!!

Post #: 24
I agree with Hughezy... - 15/10/2007 6:56:26 PM   
Cameron1975Williams

this is a strong candidate for the worst idea in film history and is a classic case of 'jumping the Shark'.

Post #: 25
I agree with Hughezy... - 15/10/2007 7:04:15 PM   
Cameron1975Williams

this is a strong candidate for the worst idea in film history and is a classic case of 'jumping the Shark'.

Post #: 26
Empires shit Batman choice - 15/10/2007 7:13:11 PM   
alimac

Nathon Fillon the guy can't act and would ruin Batman forever that was a really shit choice empire

Post #: 27
God no! - 15/10/2007 7:26:14 PM   
lenore84

Well this is just depressing. If you want to make a frigging Teen Titans movie, go ahead and invite Adam Brody to your casting session. Don't get a bunch of Dawson's Creek age actors together and expect me to buy it.
Come on, this can't work. It's just a pity the Wonder Woman movie's been put on hold for so long. They could've found a way to pursuade Christian and Brandon to come on board too and there's your central three right there, the rest would 've been a bonus.
This is gonna suck.

Post #: 28
RE: - 15/10/2007 8:03:34 PM   
pablohoolio

quote:

ORIGINAL: mattchoman

Hearing JLA news always makes me feel slightly ill.

Me too. I can't begin to describe just how stupid an idea it is to have two other big screen Batman and Superman actors playing those parts while the other two Routh and Bale franchises are still playing. A terrible idea dreamt up by a suit with $$ signs in his eyes. It could also be potentially harming to the other two franchises, if it turns out to be dreadful. Which it really really will.....

quote:

ORIGINAL: clarkkent

chrysalisloall your an idiot, Justice League is DC not marvel you twat! As for this news? Hmmmmmm, well i'd rather see them in their LATE twenties so it isnt quite as close to Smallville. As for casting? Reynolds would be amazing as the flash and i dont think NOT casting Bale and Routh will effect the film, sorry but people arent stupid and we already have two people playing Superman in the movies and in smallville. And personally for superman Routh or the guy who plays supes in Smallville would be a cool choice. An how about we get the only man who has already played Aquaman? The dude from Entorage would be a sweet choice as he is the perfect fit for Aquaman anyway.

This is total nonsense. Smallville is TV, you could hardly confuse it with Superman Returns. If you have a movie with Superman played by Routh, and ANOTHER movie with ANOTHER Superman playing at the same time, and another Batman which isn't Bale, all you do is alienate the audience you've built for those two franchises and send them back into the realm of cheese.

People, the general public, will only be confused by TWO different big screen Batman and Superman characters. If they need to be told 'hey, this is Superman and Batman, but it's not THOSE Superman and Batman characters, but THEY will be back again in 2 years..." you've confused the public. And they WILL need to be told. And if you think they won't you should work for WB....

As Empire themselves say - "Should Miller and WB ditch their plan to not cast Brandon Routh as Superman and Christian Bale as Batman while, confusingly, keeping both actors attached to those heroes’ separate franchises?"

By the way, anyone suggesting Nathan Fillion for Batman should be slapped. I love Nathan, love Firefly, love Serenity, but he is NOT Batman. *shudder*
No wonder Nolan and Bale are fuckin APPALLED at this movie idea.

< Message edited by pablohoolio -- 15/10/2007 8:18:28 PM >

"It's all.... part of the plan...."

(in reply to mattchoman)
Post #: 29
RE: - 15/10/2007 8:13:47 PM   
Kenesu

quote:

ORIGINAL: mozzy_gal

Kenesu,give rappers who act a break. look at mos def and will smith. are you gonna say all films they've starred in are crap?....no.exactly!

You have a good point.

(in reply to mozzy_gal)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Is Miller Ready To Cast Justice League? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI