Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Tobe Hooper To Direct Buick 8

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Tobe Hooper To Direct Buick 8 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tobe Hooper To Direct Buick 8 - 11/10/2007 3:44:16 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 11/10/2007 3:44:16 PM   
Dr. Benway

Tobe Hooper hasn't made a decent film in years. I found Chainsaw Massacre 2 and Funhouse to be guilty pleasures, but they're not exactly legitimately good movies. And I thought his "comeback" movie, Toolbox Murders, sucked. So while his adaptation of Salem's Lot should give me hope for this, his adaptation of The Mangler quickly dashes those hopes.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 11/10/2007 4:42:58 PM   
Adrian

actually, which wuld be the Mk II? I mean sure, this was writen later, but the car far predate's Christine's model.

Post #: 3
- 11/10/2007 5:17:10 PM   
CameronJames

Nobody replaces Romero, you got that Empire, romero simply decides to move on ** ANGRY FACE**

Post #: 4
HOOPER.......OH DEAR! - 11/10/2007 5:59:16 PM   
noseybonk

Lord save us from this car crash (see what i did there ha ha indeed)!
The book isn't one of kings best , why hasn't somebody (peter jackson please!!!) decided to adapt The Talisman for the big screen it's got oscar stamped all over it if it's done right .
As for handing the reigns to Mr Hooper ....was Ewe Boll not available? Enough said.

Post #: 5
pfft... - 11/10/2007 7:10:44 PM   
finalfist

''The guy hasnít made a good movie since Poltergeist, including his own King adaptation, The Mangler, and itís entirely likely that Buick 8 will head straight to DVD, like most of his current projects.''

well despite enjoying his recent take of toolbox murders,it took empire to remind me that his career has been stuck in DTV hell since. but you never know...

< Message edited by finalfist -- 11/10/2007 7:11:39 PM >

Post #: 6
Romero simply moves on... - 11/10/2007 8:53:54 PM   
coomi01

...ace, the same way Chuck Norris doesnt sleep, he just waits. Hahahaha, but anyway, Tobe Hooper did an ace job with both TCM1 and Poltergeist. Guys gotta get back on to the motorway at some point. This doesnt sound like the project to do it, but hey, we'll see.

Post #: 7
Tobe Hooper is a one trick poney. - 13/3/2009 12:59:09 PM   
Horrorguru

Sorry but ROMERO would of been a better choice, THE DARK HALF and CREEPSHOW were excellent flicks, both endorsed by KING. Hooper's original TCM is a masterpiece, however he never did realise his potential, romero went on to direct the greatest ZOMBIE movie ever (original DAWN, still miles better than the stupid remake). This film in Hoopers hands will be a shit sandwich.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Tobe Hooper To Direct Buick 8 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI