Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Bob Dylan - tickets on sale

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Bob Dylan - tickets on sale Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bob Dylan - tickets on sale - 7/12/2008 10:48:40 PM   
Rhubarb

To be honest if Jesus came back and started charging £50 for a bunch of miracles, I'd feel quite ripped off.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 241
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 5/3/2009 1:35:39 AM   
Larry of Arabia

Dylan records surprise Modern Times follow-up

Get in. If I'm honest, I'm glad he's gone for a darker sound and done things more spontaneously. Modern Times got a bit too comfy with the old-timey feel in some places despite Workingman's Blues #2 and Ain't Talkin' being two of the best songs he's ever recorded.

< Message edited by Larry of Arabia -- 5/3/2009 2:15:10 AM >

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 242
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 5/3/2009 2:00:29 AM   
moontheloon

YAY! New album is definitely good news.. only possible downside is if he plays mainly that album on the tour, as I doubt I'll have had a chance to get to grips with the song yet... But still, either way, Both seeing him and a new album in late April... Late April is looking up.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 243
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 5/3/2009 1:25:15 PM   
Rhubarb

yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 244
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 6/3/2009 6:24:31 PM   
Olaf

So is this the conclusion of Bob's sorta-trilogy, or is it just another album in between (considering this was a surprise for him even). Either way, fantastic news... now try and avoid bringing out a €100 3-disc version, please...?

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 245
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 16/3/2009 3:44:36 PM   
moontheloon

New album is called 'together through life' and is released on the 27th April.

article

album cover

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 246
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 16/3/2009 4:23:19 PM   
Larry of Arabia

Not sure about that title, here's hoping it's a grower. I wish he'd start putting himself back on his album covers as well. Ah well, roll on the 27th of April. So long to wait...

Post #: 247
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 16/3/2009 6:34:54 PM   
moontheloon

Yeah, the title seems a bit iffy. And I can't say I am too fond of the cover, it just doesn't look like a Dylan cover to me, especially after the last three (studio albums) which were quite classy and minimal, this one just I dunno really, Ah well, it's the music that appeals most. Plus it comes out two days before I see him so I have time to listen to it a few times before

Post #: 248
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 17/3/2009 11:21:55 AM   
G.O.B

Like Larry and Moony,i'm not too sure about the artwork or the album title but i'm sure the music will be great.Still,the best suprise in a long time and i can't wait until April 27th.

Member of COBW

All I can do is be me, whoever that is. - Bob Dylan

Last Film Watched: Duck Soup (McCarey,1933)****

Post #: 249
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 17/3/2009 11:57:18 AM   
moontheloon

Just a quick question for the Dylan fans here. I was reading a piece yesterday that listed some of the covers Dylan has done on tour in the past, such as London calling, brown sugar, nowhere man, and the harder they come, among others. Does anyone know if any of these are available. Officially or *ahem* otherwise? I'm really intrigued by them you see. If you know where to get them could you PM me please

EDIT- I found a couple of youtube, but London calling still seems to elude me.

< Message edited by moontheloon -- 17/3/2009 11:58:07 AM >

(in reply to G.O.B)
Post #: 250
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 17/3/2009 1:30:52 PM   
G.O.B

I did a search for the London Calling cover and it turns out that he only ever played the song twice while on tour in 2005 which is probably why you can't find any audio or video of it.Might still be able to find it through "other channels".Hope that helps.

Member of COBW

All I can do is be me, whoever that is. - Bob Dylan

Last Film Watched: Duck Soup (McCarey,1933)****

Post #: 251
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 18/3/2009 9:37:19 PM   
Olaf

Don't know about the title, but I really like the new album cover. Really atmospheric, and I love the typeface.

EDIT anyone know who's the art director for the album (and for Modern Times, while I'm asking)?

< Message edited by Olaf -- 29/3/2009 10:48:45 PM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

(in reply to G.O.B)
Post #: 252
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 19/3/2009 12:08:53 PM   
Larry of Arabia

I'm just listening to World Gone Wrong for the first time (thank you Spotify) and I'm really enjoying it. I think because it's a covers record and is kinda lost in the ether before his renaissance it doesn't get mentioned much, but it's pretty good. Just guitar, harmonica and Dylan's voice. The only downside is that I don't have a physical copy as I heard Dylan's liner notes were fantastic. I might have to go into town and sneakily crack open a copy.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 253
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 19/3/2009 4:33:52 PM   
Olaf

I've always been a big fan of WGW, always rather overlooked. What do you think of Good As I Been To You?

Post #: 254
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 19/3/2009 6:52:30 PM   
Larry of Arabia

Haven't heard it unfortunately, it seems to be one of the few Dylan albums Spotify doesn't have.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 255
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 19/3/2009 6:55:44 PM   
Olaf

If you can find it pick it up, not as good as World Gone Wrong but some great stuff on it. His version of Arthur McBride is superb.

Post #: 256
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 19/3/2009 7:04:47 PM   
Larry of Arabia

Will do, I've enjoyed hearing his guitar playing from the later years. I can never really tell if he plays much guitar on his recent albums and suspect he leaves it to his band in most cases. A shame really, he's a great player in his own endearingly sloppy way.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 257
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 19/3/2009 7:06:59 PM   
Olaf

Yeah, he's stuck to the keyboards lately. Would love to see him play the guitar on this upcoming tour.

Post #: 258
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 25/3/2009 10:58:21 AM   
moontheloon

After almost 2 hours of refreshing pages and having the roudhouse website crash on me I managed to get myself a couple of tickets to see Dylan at the roundhouse. 2000 capacity venue, standing. I am so excited. Looking at his setlists so far as well make me even more excited. Not long now. Of course this does mean I have to finish my essays a couple of days earlier than planned, but it's a good incentive!

YAY.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 259
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 27/3/2009 11:46:14 AM   
rick_7

quote:

ORIGINAL: moontheloon

After almost 2 hours of refreshing pages and having the roudhouse website crash on me I managed to get myself a couple of tickets to see Dylan at the roundhouse. 2000 capacity venue, standing. I am so excited. Looking at his setlists so far as well make me even more excited. Not long now. Of course this does mean I have to finish my essays a couple of days earlier than planned, but it's a good incentive!

YAY.

Awesome. Have a good time, Moon!

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

Blog: DJANGO! DUMBO! DESPICABLE ME 2! Plus: other stuff.

"Nothin's really been right since Sam the Lion died."

Post #: 260
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 29/3/2009 10:41:11 PM   
nutteronabus

quote:

Just a quick question for the Dylan fans here. I was reading a piece yesterday that listed some of the covers Dylan has done on tour in the past, such as London calling, brown sugar, nowhere man, and the harder they come, among others. Does anyone know if any of these are available. Officially or *ahem* otherwise? I'm really intrigued by them you see. If you know where to get them could you PM me please

EDIT- I found a couple of youtube, but London calling still seems to elude me.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/UmNKOU1UTSttMEpjR0E9PQ

What's that? I'm brilliant? Why, thank you.

I was actually lucky enough to be there when he did it. He only did the first verse before leading into Like a Rolling Stone, and it provided me with one of the most amazing gig memories I have.

Also of note is his cover of Hallelujah, which I personally think is bloody brilliant. Clicksy.

“You think you’re so cultured because you’ve gone to see Cats? You pampered upper-class drug-taking bitch!”

Post #: 261
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 29/3/2009 10:45:54 PM   
nutteronabus

Also, he's been playing guitar on one or two songs on the current tour. I just hope he's still at it in a months time, as I'm also off to the Roundhouse and Birmingham.

“You think you’re so cultured because you’ve gone to see Cats? You pampered upper-class drug-taking bitch!”

(in reply to nutteronabus)
Post #: 262
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 29/3/2009 11:23:06 PM   
moontheloon

quote:

ORIGINAL: nutteronabus

Also, he's been playing guitar on one or two songs on the current tour. I just hope he's still at it in a months time, as I'm also off to the Roundhouse and Birmingham.

Are you me? Those are the same dates I am seeing him. Also. Thanks a LOT for the two dylan covers links!

Post #: 263
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 29/3/2009 11:25:49 PM   
Olaf

I edited it into one of my previous posts but it makes more sense just posting it again: can anyone tell me who was the art director on this and Modern Times? Did Bob pick the cover art/typeface or was it someone else? Cheers.

Post #: 264
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 30/3/2009 12:02:30 AM   
nutteronabus

quote:

quote:

Are you me? Those are the same dates I am seeing him. Also. Thanks a LOT for the two dylan covers links!

You're thoroughly welcome!

I'm not you as far as I'm aware, but stranger things have happened! Where abouts are you sat in Birmingham? I managed to pull up seats in the second row, which I hereby declare a result!

Post #: 265
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 30/3/2009 12:22:57 AM   
moontheloon

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm not you as far as I'm aware, but stranger things have happened! Where abouts are you sat in Birmingham? I managed to pull up seats in the second row, which I hereby declare a result!

You lucky get. I am sitting 20 rows back in Block A... So Still good seats, but not quite second row good

Roundhouse should be good though, It's standing right? I didn't imagine that? I hope he does something special it being such a small venue. Even if it doesn't thought it will be great! I've never been to the roundhouse though I know its reputation.

Post #: 266
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 30/3/2009 12:35:01 AM   
nutteronabus

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You lucky get. I am sitting 20 rows back in Block A... So Still good seats, but not quite second row good

Roundhouse should be good though, It's standing right? I didn't imagine that? I hope he does something special it being such a small venue. Even if it doesn't thought it will be great! I've never been to the roundhouse though I know its reputation.

It is indeed standing! Probably my favourite venue that size in London and I've seen a fair few of my favourite acts there (The Who, Macca, Ray Davies, BRMC amongst others). Nice high stage, fairly reasonably priced beer, and the atmosphere should be electric!

Also, I don't know if you've seen him before, but be warned - he won't have a support act, and will probably be on around 8pm. At Brixton, people were still turning up after he'd finished!

Post #: 267
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 30/3/2009 12:57:19 AM   
moontheloon

I have not seen him before, but I wasn't too optimistic about him having a support act to be honest. I am the type of person who turns up before the doors open to gigs anyway so that's cool. Good to know there won't be a massive wait for him to come on as well. Plus with the Roundhouse gig I'll just be getting an early Train down from Newcastle (as I'll be back at uni then), meeting my friend from Leicester and then making our way to the venue then just hanging around the area, maybe in the queue, depends how it looks... Not sure yet, Need to book train tickets, going to cost a bit, but nevermind

Post #: 268
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 30/3/2009 1:03:16 AM   
nutteronabus

Well, here's another tip: http://www.fgw5pounds.co.uk/

Five quid off train travel booked via First Great Western's website. Got me a return to Birmingham for about £6 with that. Lovely!

Post #: 269
RE: Bob Dylan - New Album - 30/3/2009 12:03:08 PM   
nutteronabus

Back on topic: Free download of Beyond Here Lies Nothin' from the new album over at bobdylan.com. Think it's a one day only affair.

Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Bob Dylan - tickets on sale Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI