Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Invasion.......oh dear

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: The Invasion.......oh dear Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Invasion.......oh dear - 10/8/2011 10:15:40 AM   
thetruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: brucejackiejet

quote:

ORIGINAL: thetruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: brucejackiejet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lycan

Worst. FIlm. Ever. I just had to post this because I watched it last night and am still so angry that I have lost almost 2 hours of my life on such a poor film.

Ha ha, this made me laugh - if this is the worst film you've ever seen then you've been luckier than me in your film choices

Saw this last night and quite enjoyed it. My favourite is the 1956 original and it wasn't a patch on that but still, I certainly wasn't bored and the running time seemed to pass pretty quick (maybe a little too quick in fact). Yes it was a bit clunky, and I think Daniel Craig was criminally underused. In fact I think it would have been a lot better had it been him and Kidman on the run rather than her and her son.

I also agree with the earlier point that it's an unfair criticism of the reviewer to slate the fact that the film implied that there could be some good from ending all war. It's a perfectly valid point, especially in this day and age, that with all the bad stuff humans are responsibile for - wars, terrorism, global warming - you can see the argument for taking away our free will. Obviously it doesn't make you side with the aliens but at least makes you question the cost of 'being human', and is a tad more intelligent than just saying the aliens are all evil and humans are all good.

Anyway, overall I thought it was entertaining if flawed and not as good as it could have been. Either way there are definitely much worse films out there.
Zzzzzzzzzz
Obviously outside of seeing this film,i dont know why you dragged this up.
You can indulge yourself with all the revisionist bullshit price of being human nonsense you want.
Itīs utter garbage.

Um....dude the whole point of these forums is for people to say what they thought of the film. I've just seen the film, hence the 'reason I dragged it up'. It's my opinion and I don't think I was particularly offensive in the way I expressed it so would appreciate it if you kept your unintelligent insults to yourself. These forums are for open debate, you don't like it then you're welcome to go elsewhere as we don't need people like you ruining it for everyone else.

I dont believe i insulted you,and,didnt intend to.I would counter and say you are far more insulting,i kept to the film.
This is a review section not the favourites section,so are we not entitled to swap opinions?
There are no secret layers to this film,it is one demensional,like Kidman.Like another poster said,i felt like 2 hours of my life had been stolen.Dude.

Without love we are dead

Protect children from vile and obscene videos

(in reply to brucejackiejet)
Post #: 31
RE: The Invasion.......oh dear - 10/8/2011 10:17:14 AM   
thetruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

I quite enjoyed this, to be honest (the 1978 version is probably my favourite horror movie). It's a bit lacking in pace, certainly, but it takes the previous incarnations and adds a different riff on them.

Kidman is dull, but then she is in most things.

Yeah,the 78 film is class,though the original black and white one is very creepy!

Without love we are dead

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 32
RE: The Invasion.......oh dear - 10/8/2011 10:34:59 AM   
brucejackiejet

quote:

ORIGINAL: thetruth

You can indulge yourself with all the revisionist bullshit price of being human nonsense you want.

Whatever man, that definitely comes across as more of an insult than 'swapping opinions', but either way I've got better things to do than start a long running argument so let's just agree to disagree. Like everyone you're entitled to your opinion and so am I.

< Message edited by brucejackiejet -- 10/8/2011 10:36:49 AM >

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 33
RE: The Invasion.......oh dear - 10/8/2011 12:43:07 PM   
thetruth

Hey,no probs.
This film was 4 years ago,and as awful as i felt it was then,i was disputing the opinion there could be anything beyond the souless surface.

Without love we are dead

(in reply to brucejackiejet)
Post #: 34
RE: The Invasion.......oh dear - 19/8/2011 10:36:28 AM   
ncc74656

Its the worst film out of the 4 invasion of the body snatchers.  Even bodysnatchers was better than this drivel.   Daniel Craig  and Nicole Kidman could not save this film

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 35
RE: The Invasion.......oh dear - 24/8/2011 11:40:50 PM   
thetruth

Not even Bond?

Without love we are dead

(in reply to ncc74656)
Post #: 36
Makes Surrogates actually look quite ok! - 30/6/2014 2:32:19 PM   
BennyBoo81

I would normally write an actual review...but not for this. Awful, just awful! - There that was a review, wasn't it?
Best thing about this dribble - Daniel Craig's hair....and that's dreadful too.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: The Invasion.......oh dear Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI