Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: dreams

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: dreams Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: dreams - 7/3/2008 4:00:21 PM   
moontheloon

man, recently I have been having the oddest dreams. Last Nights one was I dreamt I was playing basketball, and who would be on my team but Kate Winslet... We were playing for quite some time but neither team could score a single basket. Then I woke up... really odd.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 151
RE: dreams - 8/3/2008 1:22:03 PM   
punchdrunk

I've recently been enjoying flying dreams it's pretty wicked stuff and there seems to be a sort of logic to it where like with Iron man the power to fly comes from the hands rather than feet, last night though i was just about to cross a huge stairway in a mansion and my brother called out something and i lost focus and fell.git.

A few nights back i was sword fighting Boris Johnson that was pretty mad. 

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 152
RE: dreams - 8/3/2008 1:24:49 PM   
Mojo

I've just woken up from a well good dream but im quite upset. Matthew Perry was my best friend and we were fighting loads of zombies and at the end he got bit and i had to beat him to a pulp with a baseball bat!

Thats the text I got from my sister this morning. She's fucked up!

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 153
RE: dreams - 8/3/2008 6:39:27 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

I've just woken up from a well good dream but im quite upset. Matthew Perry was my best friend and we were fighting loads of zombies and at the end he got bit and i had to beat him to a pulp with a baseball bat!

Thats the text I got from my sister this morning. She's fucked up!

But then who hasn't had a dream of beating Matthew Perry to a pulp with a baseball bat........

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 154
RE: dreams - 30/6/2008 12:21:15 PM   
lympo

I used to hav loads of dreams about hovering and I actually felt like I was hovering.It felt so real when I woke up, I remember I had to do to make myself float.But it didnt work.And I was about ten.

If you read this,you are stupid.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 155
RE: dreams - 30/6/2008 12:28:05 PM   
punchdrunk

My recent dreams have become pretty normal nothing special to report.

(in reply to lympo)
Post #: 156
RE: dreams - 30/6/2008 12:37:20 PM   
Manchurian candidate

I don't usually remember my dreams, and when I can they're often weird but really rather boring.

Anyway, the last one I can remember consisted of me having a science exam, which I revised for, then opening the paper and all the questions being about Jonny Greenwood, and me not knowing many of the answers. I found it annoying at the time, because I couldn't see what Jonny Greenwood had to do with science, and he wasn't covered in my revision book.

"Ford's economics are the worst thing that's happened to this country since pantyhose ruined finger-fucking."
Lyndon B. Johnson
"British Beatitudes! Beer, beef, business, bibles, bulldogs, battleships, buggery and bishops"
-Ulysses, By James Joyce
"Rose McGowan is a fucking clown"
-Harry Lime
"Who's Keith"
- Rhubarb

Post #: 157
RE: dreams - 30/6/2008 12:51:59 PM   
igotnewlegs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manchurian candidate

I don't usually remember my dreams, and when I can they're often weird but really rather boring.

Anyway, the last one I can remember consisted of me having a science exam, which I revised for, then opening the paper and all the questions being about Jonny Greenwood, and me not knowing many of the answers. I found it annoying at the time, because I couldn't see what Jonny Greenwood had to do with science, and he wasn't covered in my revision book.

So not all your dreams concern Kate Bush and/ or symbols representing Kate Bush? Maybe Jonny Greenwood is a representation of Kate Bush.

I had a dream last night where I was on a tropical island and was being chased by some water monster/ woman thing who then turned into a malevolent beachball who kept trying to attack our group.

I do get some fooked up dreams when I'm ill though. Anyone else have that? I remember I was particularly ill when I was young and the whole night I was in a half-sleep state dreaming of moomins. I couldn't get the damn things out of my head and still curse their name to this day.

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Woody Allen

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams

(in reply to Manchurian candidate)
Post #: 158
RE: dreams - 30/6/2008 1:45:48 PM   
punchdrunk

I had this Duvet cover that was squares and shapes, when I had the flu in my dreams my brain started making equations based on the shapes, but just as I was about to go over the edge of understanding it flowed backwards undoing all my understanding, It was seriously distrubing like i couldn't move on from this dream until the thoughts crossed that threshhold. The worst part was that I was shivering even with Two thick Duvets on and sleep should have been a blessed escape. I eventually had to go for showers every hour when the water heated up, This just about made it tollerable, although I decided to watch a few films rather than try to sleep.

(in reply to igotnewlegs)
Post #: 159
RE: dreams - 30/6/2008 2:03:07 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

There were 300 of us women scantily clad in what can only be described as cave outfits and I was leading them into a battle against an army of thousands with nothing but our bare hands and teeth to fight with. It looked like something out of Braveheart, give or take a hundred years, as we spread across the horizon waiting to pounce with hissing teeth and snarls and I remember being in an extremely ferocious kind of mood, thirsting for blood and revenge and then suddenly... I start wondering whether Id turned my straighteners off before leaving home...

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 160
RE: dreams - 30/6/2008 8:11:59 PM   
punchdrunk

Sounds like you were a Amazon Woman in a past life Jessica either that or a part of a Harry Hausen style B-movie, either way thanks for the mental image.

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 161
RE: dreams - 30/6/2008 11:41:52 PM   
sserplla

i have the most random dreams, sometimes - completely lacking in any sort of coherent plot...

...and even when there is a some hint of a 'plot' they are still frickin' odd....

for example, i had one a while ago, where my sister was wanting to join the police force and, to prove her abilities, she decides to take down these tramps on a road where i used to do a paper round, and ropes me in to help.

Equipped with those hollow plastic toy truncheons that make a whistling sound when you swing them, we start chasing them down. I nail a couple of (surprisingly cooperative) crooks, whilst my sister runs ahead chasing a third.

then, all of a sudden, i was in the upststairs bedroom of the newsagent in the middle of the road hiding out from this tramp rastafarian criminal out to avenge his brother, who was the one my sister was chasing and who she, somehow, accidently killed.

I can hear him creaking up the stairs, getting louder and louder, and i can hear him shouting threats, and i'm preparing to defend myself, with the plastic truncheon, and when he finally reaches  the room, i remember having a struggle with him involving furniture (!?) 

Suddenly, a jump cut (if you will) cuts to a close up of this guys face, only it's not a real face - it was an exact replica of his face - the prosthetic type that are used for a slit second special effect shots in horror films usually involving a character's head being destroyed (e.g. head explosions), and it was fixed in a kind of gaping expression of shock, staring right up at me. Then i start beating it with my plastic truncheon, but it's doing real damage, causing real cuts and bruises as though i was using a real truncheon on someone's real face...and that was it. 

interepret that!

< Message edited by sserplla -- 30/6/2008 11:47:19 PM >

tell me what's on your, so-called, mind....

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 162
RE: dreams - 1/7/2008 10:33:40 AM   
Sway

I had one recently in which I was in some made up, run down house, and turns out I was in The Matrix.  Not the film, but the concept of The Matrix from the film.  All of a sudden things changed around me and I was in the Real World, where I promptly got knocked out by somebody.

When I woke up I was in the same house but locked in a room halfway up the stairs.  Turns out there were a few more rooms facing onto the stair landing, with more 'prisoners' if you will.   At that point it became clear (although I've no idea why or how) that we were in our very own Battle Royale situation.  Once we got out of our rooms (again don't know how) we all legged it to the very top room in order to do battle to the death.  My choice of weapon? A chair.

However once it became apparent that I was going to lose very quickly, I conveniently remembered I had a hand gun.

Last night's dream again involved an old run down house.  This time it was so old it was collapsing in on itself, but my mates were insisting on staying inside.  I got out, and went to sit in the park opposite, along with loads of other people who were congregating to see the house fall down.  Pretty boring really!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to sserplla)
Post #: 163
RE: dreams - 1/7/2008 10:36:18 AM   
lympo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jessica_ca_ca_ca

There were 300 of us women scantily clad in what can only be described as cave outfits and I was leading them into a battle against an army of thousands with nothing but our bare hands and teeth to fight with. It looked like something out of Braveheart, give or take a hundred years, as we spread across the horizon waiting to pounce with hissing teeth and snarls and I remember being in an extremely ferocious kind of mood, thirsting for blood and revenge and then suddenly... I start wondering whether I'd turned my straighteners off before leaving home...

If you read this,you are stupid.

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 164
RE: dreams - 1/7/2008 4:22:27 PM   
punchdrunk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway
When I woke up I was in the same house but locked in a room halfway up the stairs.  Turns out there were a few more rooms facing onto the stair landing, with more 'prisoners' if you will.   At that point it became clear (although I've no idea why or how) that we were in our very own Battle Royale situation.  Once we got out of our rooms (again don't know how) we all legged it to the very top room in order to do battle to the death.  My choice of weapon? A chair.

I had a similiar dream to that last night it was building up as me and some people i was leading through the house, but when I finally confronted the enemy they were small like action men and me and the people i was leading easily dispatched them. 

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 165
RE: dreams - 1/7/2008 4:38:40 PM   
igotnewlegs

I think buildings (particularly houses) in dreams are meant to represent the brain, in a way. I'm pretty sure, for instance, that finding rooms in your house that aren't actually there in reality means you have more to offer or potential that isn't being fulfilled. Not sure how acurate that is or if it can be applied every time but it does seem to fit in with how I would interpret my dreams (not that I'm an expert on the subject).

I think the modern concensus seems to be that dreams are there so that our subconsious can work through events of the day, which is why 'sleeping on it' can be a good idea as things seem clearer in the morning. In this instance I'd say the run-down house points to you feeling troubled by something, maybe not feeling adequate in an area of your life. Perhaps being locked in this run-down house means you feel difficulty in escaping this train of thought?

How's that for some cold-reading?

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Woody Allen

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 166
RE: dreams - 1/7/2008 7:01:38 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: igotnewlegs

I think buildings (particularly houses) in dreams are meant to represent the brain, in a way. I'm pretty sure, for instance, that finding rooms in your house that aren't actually there in reality means you have more to offer or potential that isn't being fulfilled. Not sure how acurate that is or if it can be applied every time but it does seem to fit in with how I would interpret my dreams (not that I'm an expert on the subject).

I think the modern concensus seems to be that dreams are there so that our subconsious can work through events of the day, which is why 'sleeping on it' can be a good idea as things seem clearer in the morning. In this instance I'd say the run-down house points to you feeling troubled by something, maybe not feeling adequate in an area of your life. Perhaps being locked in this run-down house means you feel difficulty in escaping this train of thought?

I say you're now my shrink.

How much do you pay by the hour? I can offer sexual favours if need be.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

Post #: 167
RE: dreams - 1/7/2008 7:24:38 PM   
sanchia

quote:

quote:

Now I can see why getting that diploma in counselling may be a good idea  (if only those damned ethics didn't get involved).

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 168
RE: dreams - 1/7/2008 7:37:24 PM   
punchdrunk

Sway! I'm shocked!...not surprised, but shocked am I .

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 169
RE: dreams - 1/7/2008 8:48:23 PM   
igotnewlegs

quote:

quote:

Tempting, but I work for the lord only.

Lord Xenu, that is and he doesn't do 'therapy'.

Woody Allen

Douglas Adams

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 170
RE: dreams - 1/7/2008 8:52:10 PM   
punchdrunk

Xenu is a Fool!

Post #: 171
RE: dreams - 1/7/2008 9:18:43 PM   
Manchurian candidate

Punchdrunk, people have been sued for less.

"Ford's economics are the worst thing that's happened to this country since pantyhose ruined finger-fucking."
Lyndon B. Johnson
"British Beatitudes! Beer, beef, business, bibles, bulldogs, battleships, buggery and bishops"
-Ulysses, By James Joyce
-Harry Lime
"Who's Keith"
- Rhubarb

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 172
RE: dreams - 1/7/2008 10:13:49 PM   
punchdrunk

I meant Xena...a Wizard did it! 

(in reply to Manchurian candidate)
Post #: 173
RE: dreams - 2/7/2008 12:27:05 AM   
Sway

Does this all mean my services are not required?

Ok, I'll take them elsewhere.   I hope Shia LaBeouf is in my dream tonight.

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 174
RE: dreams - 2/7/2008 12:40:30 AM   
moontheloon

Last Night I dreamt that I was in New York but I hadn't taken any dollars with me, I just had my cards, which wouldn't work in any machines, and I had no way to get the the airport to get home, so I was effectively stuck there penniless. It was all rather traumatic...

Then I woke up 25 minutes before I was meant to get a train to Liverpool. Which amazingly I made after a taxi driver drove me there very fast, sufficed to say I tipped him a couple of quid at the end of it all

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 175
RE: dreams - 2/7/2008 1:19:33 AM   
Sway

Moony, was it your dream that had me in fits of laughter everytime I read it? (I'm being too lazy to reread whole thread to find it).  Something about your keys texting you to tell you to get home for potato soup?! Still the best one I've ever heard.

Post #: 176
RE: dreams - 2/7/2008 1:25:37 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: punchdrunk

One last night was pretty strange: I fried a Robin redbreast with the feathers still on it, put it on a plate and felt myself eating (pretty tasty) then i turned the Robin around and it was hollow on the inside i turned it back around and heard a faint breathing, worried that it was suffering i stabbed it a few times with my fork and it started to shake and bled a tiny bit from the wounds.

I gave in and decided to trawl through the thread to find the dream I'd killed myself laughing at, and it was Moontheloon's one about his house keys.  Brilliant.

Anyway I just noticed this one and it set me off laughing too. That last part is comedy!

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 177
RE: dreams - 2/7/2008 1:43:46 AM   
Benjamin Dover

Well about a week ago I dreamt norway atleast, was taken over by Vampires, those who weren't were collected, gathered up and kept for food, being released two at the time, to try and run so the Vamps would have the fun in hunting them before they ate (the fact that the Vamps ate.. not sucked blood, but ate people was not adressed in the dream). Then it was time for me and a friend of mine to be released as food. On the way out however I spotted a pointy jaggedy gardening tool I managed to grab and sneak with me.

As the released us one followed my friend (A pregnant black vampire) and one followed me (A big bald white one)... as he walkd behind me smiling I was contemplating what to do when I stopped.. turned around and waited for him as he apprached with a smile, I think he said something like "I like the ones who try not to show their fear" or something and when he was close enough I jumped forward thrusting the gardening tool into his throat with force, more or less opening it up into the spine. I somehow missed his jugular, so I had to jab again, then kind of rip it over with my hands, as he fell to his knees, gushing blood everywhere.

As he was bleeding out I figured he was done for so I went after the other one who was hunting my friend, hoping he wasn't killed yet.

I found them about 200metres down the road, he was hiding, but she'd spotted him and was about to jump him when I care running from behind, jumped infront of her and took a swing with the tool, I knida missed only making a laceration about an inch deep, and I started to panic a little as it made her scream, alerting the others in the Vampire colony. To make her stop, I stabbed her twice in the preggobelly then stabbed it into her throat with great determination, grabbed her jaw and ripped the tool accross her throat fully exposing the inside of it. I grab the bottom part of the gash, and the top of her head, bending it back to get better access, and I can hear the spine crack, then I take my left hand, reach inside and rip out anything I can get my hands on, as I get sprayed with blood. As she's dying I look up to see the other Vampired look at me with hate, respect but most importantly, fear. We're left to run off as they stop over the Vamp corpse, and as we encounter them later on, they mostle just pretend not to see us, and then I woke up.

Anyone care to analyze it?

6 Waffles now!!! (Thx Uncle Jun)

"Everyones dying to be a Zombie!"-Ted Striker

Keira Knightley talked to me! To me, by my name!!! (Yes online, but still, closest I'll ever get...)

Post #: 178
RE: dreams - 2/7/2008 3:03:06 AM   
Manchurian candidate

quote:

ORIGINAL: Benjamin Dover

Well about a week ago I dreamt norway atleast, was taken over by Vampires, those who weren't were collected, gathered up and kept for food, being released two at the time, to try and run so the Vamps would have the fun in hunting them before they ate (the fact that the Vamps ate.. not sucked blood, but ate people was not adressed in the dream). Then it was time for me and a friend of mine to be released as food. On the way out however I spotted a pointy jaggedy gardening tool I managed to grab and sneak with me.

As the released us one followed my friend (A pregnant black vampire) and one followed me (A big bald white one)... as he walkd behind me smiling I was contemplating what to do when I stopped.. turned around and waited for him as he apprached with a smile, I think he said something like "I like the ones who try not to show their fear" or something and when he was close enough I jumped forward thrusting the gardening tool into his throat with force, more or less opening it up into the spine. I somehow missed his jugular, so I had to jab again, then kind of rip it over with my hands, as he fell to his knees, gushing blood everywhere.

As he was bleeding out I figured he was done for so I went after the other one who was hunting my friend, hoping he wasn't killed yet.

I found them about 200metres down the road, he was hiding, but she'd spotted him and was about to jump him when I care running from behind, jumped infront of her and took a swing with the tool, I knida missed only making a laceration about an inch deep, and I started to panic a little as it made her scream, alerting the others in the Vampire colony. To make her stop, I stabbed her twice in the preggobelly then stabbed it into her throat with great determination, grabbed her jaw and ripped the tool accross her throat fully exposing the inside of it. I grab the bottom part of the gash, and the top of her head, bending it back to get better access, and I can hear the spine crack, then I take my left hand, reach inside and rip out anything I can get my hands on, as I get sprayed with blood. As she's dying I look up to see the other Vampired look at me with hate, respect but most importantly, fear. We're left to run off as they stop over the Vamp corpse, and as we encounter them later on, they mostle just pretend not to see us, and then I woke up.

You're grappling with your repressed sexuality.

Lyndon B. Johnson
-Ulysses, By James Joyce
-Harry Lime
"Who's Keith"
- Rhubarb

(in reply to Benjamin Dover)
Post #: 179
RE: dreams - 2/7/2008 10:15:13 AM   
igotnewlegs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Benjamin Dover

You recently watched 30 days of Night?

Woody Allen

Douglas Adams

(in reply to Benjamin Dover)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: dreams Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI